Love at First Flight

Love at First Flight

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  2,649 ratings  ·  205 reviews

What if the guy in the airplane seat next to you turned out to be the love of your life?

Juliana, happy in her career as a hair stylist, is on her way to visit her boyfriend of ten years who's working out of state. She's wondering why they're not engaged yet. Michael is going to his fiance's parents' home for an engagement party he doesn't want. A states' prosecutor, he's

Published July 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published June 1st 2009)

Auntee
Jun 25, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary romance
Pamela
Apr 22, 2011 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemp romance, readers who want something fresh and new
Wow.

I can see why Marie Force is such a force on Kindle. I read this book as quickly as I could, and I enjoyed every word of it. Other people have reviewed the plot so I won't go there. What I will say is that Juliana and Michael are characters we can relate to. They feel real. The dilemmas they face feel real. As a result, the emotions they go through feel real.

HUGE props to Ms. Force for avoiding any number of cliche plot scenarios. If you need proof that romantic fiction needs to broaden its...more
Steffi
I have to say, that I was really disappointed by Love at First Flight. The story actually sounded really cute and I was looking forward to it. I've read Fatal Affair and really liked it, so I had high hopes for this one as well. Well, it didn't measure up at all.

The story had so much potential: two people meeting on a plane, falling in love, then some conflicts because of their previous/current relationships etc. Could have been a nice, light romance novel.

I was just annoyed at Juliana's fickle...more
ReaderOz
This book is populated by nasty characters.

The ‘heroine’ – Juliana – cheats on and screws over the two men who love her. She’s a princess in constant need of rescuing, and never really makes a choice between the two whipped men who follow her around for some inexplicable reason.

The ‘hero’ – Michael – screws his fiancée over and handles the breakup like a four-year-old. Then he meets Princess Juliana and becomes the most unrealistically perfect romance hero in the history of romance writing.

The f...more
valee
Another terrific read from this amazing writer! What can I say? When it comes to contemporary romance, Marie Force is the writer you should read.Realistic characters, terrific plots and places. And always an otherworldly romance. Her couples are so so good you just can't help but to adore them.

In this installment we have Juliana as a heroine. She was just another typical girl, young and in love. She has been with her boyfriend for 10 years, since she was 17, but they never got married. One day s...more
Splage
I just fell hook, line and sinker for Love at First Flight. I think what I loved about the book is that it had so many relationship twists and turns, as well you are blindsided by a few left hooks-- it was very emotional. I felt very deeply for the characters I even at times found myself heart broken for the exes Paige and Jeremy. The story was very interesting, and the sex was smoking.

Juliana and Michael meet on an airplane as they each head to visit their significant others, Juliana's longtim

Karla
This could have been such a good story, but unfortunately it was not. Boy was I confused at times. I found myself wishing it was over, but I stuck it out to the end hoping that it would get better. Michael and Paige's break up was understandable, although Michael was very harsh about it. Yes, she was a spoiled brat, but you'd have thought she betrayed him the way he reacted and broke off his engagement. What I really did not understand is that the author thought that we could sympathize with Jul...more
Tracy
Petra
I read the book from front to back because I couldn't go to sleep without knowing how it all ends. A good read trumps a full night sleep :-)
Lynette
I promised myself recently that I would start writing more insightful reviews and I don't know if I can do that in this case.

First off, the above back cover blurb is highly misleading and doesn't reflect what's going on inside the book.

When I first opened LOVE AT FIRST FLIGHT, I was startled at the content but was allowing myself to set aside my preconceived notions and just let myself go with it. However, that changed as I read and I found myself uttering 'REALLY' several times while reading.

Re...more
Camille
Oh, honey, no. This was a DNF for me. The dialogue (and it's lovely to see that there is quite so much of it...great attempt at showing and characterising as opposed to telling) is soooo stilted. It's rather unbelievable too. Now I'm all for fleshed out conversation as opposed to "heroines" just repeating the hero's name ad fricking naseum *coughKristenAshelycough* but no one speaks like this. And the hero's voice is rather feminine. That sealed the deal breaker that is the dialogue in this book...more
Viv
yuk. what a horrible book. Didn't like how she couldn't decide between her boyfriend of 10 years and the new guy. This is my first Marie Force book which I read because of reviews on goodreads. Tell me this is just one of her worst books??
Dinjolina
Wow.This book was...something else!
I loved it all...the new romance,the old relationships,the failed pregnancy.It was just great!
I highly recommend it.
Sofia
The heroine gets my vote for the most selfish and irritating ever.
willaful
3.5 stars. It's been too long since I read it to write a real review of this, so here are just some random thoughts I jotted down at the time:

-- For much of this book, I was leaning towards 4 stars, because even though lots of things bothered me, it was really holding my interest and I find that rare with contemporaries. I guess something about Force’s style really works for me -- maybe that it's not too cute or chicklit-ty?

-- I didn’t quite understand why so much time was spent building up the...more
Joy
Problematic contemporary romance about 2 people who meet on a plane. They are flying from Baltimore to Florida to visit their long-distance relationship partners. In Florida, they both break up their relationships, go back to Baltimore on the same flight together again, her car breaks down in the airport parking lot, he sees her home, they're in looooooooove with each other, and his trial (he's a prosecutor) of some mobbed up types creates a suspense subplot that resolves before the romantic plo...more
Anja
Tina
I have no idea how this book came into my orbit, but I was not clicking with a couple of other books I started and picked this one up. I clicked to it right away.

The basic story is very interesting. Juliana Gregorio has been in a relationship with her high school boyfriend for more than 10 years. But he has never made the move to ask her to marry him, much to the scorn of her friends and family. Making matters worse, he has taken a job in Florida (they live in Baltimor), the long distance adding...more
Kate
My main problem was with how in love Michael and Juliana were for no apparent reason. They were both in relationships with good people but the two main characters couldn't compromise in their relationships to make things work.

I just hated Michael for deciding to get engaged after a few weeks. And this was just after him saying how fast he moved with his ex-fiancee. and he kept sprouting how much he loved Juliana.

And her... Don't get me started. She decides that her boyfriend of over ten years w...more
Kjen
Marie Force rocks...really. I totally loved and devoured most of this book. Micheal and Juliana were awesome together! There was just the right amount of romance and suspense, including external stressors (killers and problems with exes), to keep me zipping through the pages. Easily a 5 star book until (view spoiler)...more
FlibBityFLooB
4.5/5 stars. This was another very engrossing book by Marie Force. I love that the characters she writes feel realistic with their emotions. I will say that I couldn't relate as well to the heroine in this book, she was a bit wishy-washy to me and made some bad decisions. However, I still couldn't put the book down and really enjoyed it. I will definitely look for any future books that Marie Force writes.
Lori
This book freaked me out in the main plotline. I doubt anyone else would have an issue with it, but it affected my grade because I couldn't get past it. Also the heroine kept 2 guys on a string.
Bookgirl89
I would not wish this book on my worst enemy!!!!!
i read it last night and thought i was hallucinating b/c a woman couldn't be this dense and stupid! i was wrong!! it wasn't a hallucination and she is indeed that dumb. Michael has been burned in a previous relationship, he did deserve to be treated so badly by Juliana. through out the book he was the good guy, the nice sweet guy and what she did to him from page 50 to page 384 was so wrong and unkind.
Her choice was not that hard to make!! you a...more
Janelle
This Kindle book has been sitting on my Kindle App on my phone for a couple of months. I'm not sure what took me so long to get to reading it but I really enjoyed it! It was a sweet romance with an intriguing plot and dash of crime and mystery. A lot of sweet proclamations of love from the heart (and of course some great steamy parts too!).

Juliana meets Michael as they are flying from Baltimore to Jacksonville to spend the weekend with their significant others. They find they have an immediate c...more
Sheila
Three love stories intertwine in this intriguing modern-day love story with that ever-elusive marriage proposal, or its absence, at the core. Juliana and Jeremy have been together for ten years. They’ve set up home. They’ve shared everything. And the future seems set. Meanwhile Michael and Paige are about to enjoy a high-class engagement party at Paige’s parents’ expense. Michael takes the same flight as Juliana, and temptation sneaks into security.

In the end, life’s not about security of course...more
Luc
The original plot is lovely: two people with problems in their relatioships find themselves sitting next to each other on the flight that is taking them to their loved ones and back.

Julianna is a hair stylist who is travelling to meet her boyfriend of 10 years (who is yet to propose)who is working out of state. He's been a bit distant lately and she is hoping to find out why.

Michael is a lawyer who is travelling to meet his fiancé who has been living with her parents while planning their weddin...more
April
Free Kindle download. This review is difficult for me to write. I really liked the writing, and I have a feeling I'd like the author's other books. I even sort of liked the premise —or at least found it interesting. I was curious to see how the author would handle it and if she'd pull it off without making the "other" man and woman pure evil in that two-dimensional way that you sometimes see in other stories to justify any extramarital-like affairs between a hero and heroine, and for a while, I...more
Shelly
This book had some great things going for it. The storyline really was good. It could've been excellent, but there were quite a few times when I couldn't believe things that were said or done by the characters. For example, Michael takes Juliana (a girl he had met on a plane and had shared way too much info about his high-profile trial) to the safe house where his star witness was. Really? Also, Michael fell in love with both women in his life in about two seconds. I guess I'm a bit skeptical. I...more
Haha
I love reading Marie Force. But I'm not crazy about her stand-alone books. They don't have as much back story to support it. As if there isn't need to setup the story at the right tone.

I hated the beginning. Mostly cause I hate love triangles or rectangles. Once we go into the first couple of pages it's easy to see that Michael and Juliana will be together. But the book starts us up with them both attached. Whilst both if the relationships were a bit bleh, it's still feels like cheating.

How une...more
Ann-marie
This book had me going ohh and ahh. I truly felt for michael about his back being pushed against the wall with not being in control of his wedding and his fiancee not taking heed to his wants. I feel for Julia her weighing a ten year relationship that most of the time was good versus meeting someone who you wandered how did you Iive before without them. I enjoyed the book but did not see the need for the length felt that the author should have made Jeremy more unlovable since i don't believe jus...more
the title 3 39 Feb 20, 2013 08:33AM
Insta-love 1 13 Jan 26, 2013 09:24PM
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • A Secret in Salem
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • The Pursuit of Pleasure (Dartmouth Brides, #1)
  • Just Right (Bradfords, #1)
  • In Your Eyes
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Never a Bride
  • Mistress by Mistake (Courtesan Court, #1)
  • The Mistress' House
  • Bridge To Happiness
  • Tempt Me Tonight
With more than 2.5 million books sold, Marie Force is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling, award-winning author of more than 30 contemporary romances. Her New York Times bestselling self-published McCarthys of Gansett Island Series has sold more than 1 million e-books since Maid for Love was released in 2011. She is also the author of the New York Times bestselling Fa...more
More about Marie Force...
Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1) Fool for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #2) Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1) Ready for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #3) Line of Scrimmage

“He made her feel as if she was the answer to every question he'd ever had.” 32 likes