Start by marking “My Name Is Paula Popowich!” as Want to Read:
My Name Is Paula Popowich!

My Name Is Paula Popowich!

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Paula Herman, 11 years old going on 12, dyes her hair bright carrot orange. She was trying for blonde, her mother's colour, but she missed.
Paula always thought it strange she looked so little like her mother. The summer that they moved from Toronto to Edmonton things got stranger still. There Paula s starts to unravel the mystery of her past and things get complicated. Wh
Published January 1st 1983 by James Lorimer & Company

To ask other readers questions about My Name Is Paula Popowich!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name Is Paula Popowich!

Kim Bewick
This was the first book I ever read that was set in Edmonton. I was fascinated to find the character in neighbourhoods I knew and walked myself. I borrowed My Name Is Paula Popowich repeatedly from the library, so often that the librarians saw me coming and grabbed it from the shelf. Happy, happy childhood reading memory!
Tessie
I don't really know what to think of this book.

First of all, I had no idea of how long time it's been from chapter to chapter. It was confusing. And seriously, you don't decide to get married after about 2 weeks? How realistic is that when you don't know each other at all? I know that this book is for the younger people, but they still have to learn things like that, what else happens to the future for them? Marrying the first person they see? The ending wasn't predictable though, but the ending
Jeannette
I remember reading this book in elementary school in my reading group. For our presentation, we recorded a video of us acting out the novel... it was so much fun and I really enjoyed reading the book together. Re-reading again a few years after that, I realized the only reason I enjoyed the novel so much was because we made that video... I did not find the book as good as I originally did.
Amy
Jul 26, 2011 Amy added it
Another one from my childhood that I liked, right around when my parents split up.
Mike
At the age of 8 I was destined for great things.
good book, nothing exrtemely noteable.....
Saga
Saga added it
Oct 03, 2014
Amandeep Sandhu
Amandeep Sandhu marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Laura added it
Oct 30, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Sep 29, 2012
Meg
Meg added it
Feb 11, 2012
Monica Hughes was a very popular writer for young people, and has won numerous prizes. Her books have been published in the United States, Poland, Spain, Japan, France, Scandinavia, England, and Germany. She has twice received the Canada Council Prize for Children's Literature, and was runner-up for the Guardian Award.

She is the author of Keeper of the Isis Light, an American Library Association B
More about Monica Hughes...
Invitation to the Game The Keeper of the Isis Light (Isis, #1) Devil on My Back (Arc One, #1) The Guardian of Isis (Isis, #2) The Isis Pedlar (Isis, #3)