Start by marking “Maine Miracles” as Want to Read:
Maine Miracles

Maine Miracles

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  80 reviews
A dying child counts angels in her room, a teenage boy with severe brain damage stuns his doctors with a complete recovery, a bubble of protection surrounds a man about to be hit by a car ... These miraculous accounts and twenty-nine more are recorded in Maine Miracles.
Published May 20th 2010 by Amlin Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Maine Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maine Miracles

Keiki Hendrix
I picked this one up because it was a free download and because I am always interested in hearing or seeing what God is doing around us. I'm glad I did. It's a collection of stories of miracles in the lives of several people. The author starts the book by saying she is not a writer, perhaps to combat any disparaging reviews. I read these stories and was encouraged, inspired and uplifted. As a writer myself, that is the whole point of writing. As a reader, that is the only reason I read.

If you'd
John Hileman
The fact that the author of this novel is my wife, disqualifies me from saying what I think of her, or her writing. I think she is brilliant ... whoops. That just slipped out. Anyway. My review is of the stories themselves. All I have to say is: wow! These stories are awesome! Each one is inspiring and uplifting. And all give glory to our great God, who is mighty to save. This book is a treasure.
Lori
Inspirational stories!! Reminds you that God is REAL!! Loved it!!
Christy
This is a well written, quick, easy read. A collection of 32 people/families in someway touched by a miracle - or if you will an act of God. We all have questions, like why does a mother and father lose their child, why do children suffer from illnesses. This book talks about people who have witnessed and experienced a miracle personally. For example, a young man is involved in a serious car accident, suffers severe injuries to his physical body and brain. He wa not expected to recover or even l ...more
Karla Sonnenberg
A quick read and some of the stories are inspiring and heart warming. This is more of a collection of small stories of people encountering God in ways they never expected. The author does a nice job of moving the events along. I would recommend this for someone who needs a lift in spirit or when you don't have a lot of time to get involved in a novel.
Louisa Black
I really enjoyed reading through this collection of inspiring stories of God's faithfulness and the power of miracles that are much alive today as they were 2000 years ago.
It's awesome to read and builds up your faith.

I love singing at the top of my lungs, [although other might not like it:)]the brilliant words within the Hillsong worship song 'The same power that conquered the grave lives in us.' This book inspires me to keep praying and keep believing. God works in the most mysterious ways an
Birgit
32 little stories about miracles the people telling the stories claim to have witnessed. Some heartbreaking, some heartwarming, some a bit hard to believe, but all united in their belief that is was God/Jesus intervening and changing their lives.
I quite enjoyed reading these stories, and although I doubt some of them are true, I do not doubt that the majority of them happened - any religion is based on belief, and don't they say " believing can move mountains".
So yes, whether the reader is a be
Karen
Miracles--32 True Stories by Joanie Hileman is a collection of short stories of 32 different people who experienced a miracle in their life. Some are healing when the doctors gave no hope, some are completely transformed lives, some deal with family issues and some with children. Each story lists several scripture verses after it which apply.

I really enjoyed this book because it was so interesting and encouraging to see how great and wonderful God is and that He is still performing miracles tod
Maureen
For some time now, my reading matter has mainly consisted of thrillers, espionage, violence, and all manner of murder and mayhem, so what a refreshing change this book was. I don't believe that every story in here could be construed as a miracle, but each and every one of them IS uplifting. Some stand out more than others, and for me the one featuring baby Wyatt was both inspiring and heartbreaking. One can only look on in awe at how these people deal with such terrible adversity. The book could ...more
Kristin
I was intrigued by the concept of miracles, so I thought I'd give this book a try. I found the stories to be really uneven. Some were deeply moving. One story inspired me to think about tragedy in an new way. Another gave me some new ideas about angels. I enjoyed these. They fit with the cover image.

But, some entries were too short. These seemed like newspaper articles relaying feel-good snippets. Headline: Anonymous donor supports people in need. They weren't personal enough and detailed enough
Philip Cosand
Fine but never great. If nothing else, the formatting and typos interfered with my enjoyment.

One complaint I would offer was that it was hard to read with any sort of "voice" for the book. I understand that she claims she is not a book writer and that she is taking stories from those around her. Still, some effort at making a version of "house style" would have been nice.

I had no problem believing this miracle or that; this book will not convince you to believe in miracles if you do not already.
Kay Nuzum
Real life miracles.

This book was such a great testimony to the reality and love of God in the everyday lives of everyday people, just like me. Kudos for Joanie Hileman for her successful compilation of true stories that change your view of God's power in our lives today. It may even change you life for eternity. It gives hope in times of trouble.
Petra Sanchez
Miracles: 32 True Stories

This book is very good and I believe that God gives us miracles everyday. I loved reading this book. I think if you get to read it you will like the miracles that happen when we believe in the Lord and that Jesus Christ died for our sins and then he resurrected so that we could be cleaned from our sins.
Emily
Editing problems

The stories themselves were good. Some of them seemed less miraculous than others, but that is ok. The underscores on nearly every other page are not. Neither are the Chinese letters in place of apostrophes. I have not idea why they are there or why they weren't edited out, but they were very annoying.
Jen
God is good. This is a 4.5 star. Would have been 5, but one of the mom's in this book took being determined to the crazy level. The rest of the stories were heart-warming and the first story by a David brought tears to my eyes. Very good book. I highly recommend it. I got it for free on the Kindle. It may still be free. Even if it isn't, it's still worth it.
Just Deborah
Who can resist a miracle?

Who can resist a miracle?

I f more people believed in God and accepted the miracles he is willing to give them, we would pray more and worry less. "The shortest distance between the problem and the solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."( unknown)
Adam Graham
Miracles is a great ebook that's sure to offer encouragement to Christians as they contain testimonies of God's working in the lives of people from miraculous healings to providential timing, and sometimes just the grace to endure hardship.

The testimonies are told from by the people who experienced them. I was surprised that the main source of this book was from Calvary Chapel members in the State of Maine, surprising since New England is usually considered a spiritual cold zone and most Evangel
Cheryl Lopatka
Interesting stories

Interesting stories

I enjoyed reading about people who
lived to see real miracles and how Jesus works in situations where they saw God's hand in their real lives. nobody ever got wealthy, but they got much more. an inspiring read. I enjoyed it and I recommend this book.
Kathy
Miracles

One just has to believe in faith hope praying to God. This is stories about people's trials and how if you believe in God he can make the impossible change to possible. Such as a baby won was sick and should have but lived through prayer and mother's plea to God and never gave up.
Teena Stewart
32 stories people have shared about ways they have seen a divine hand in their hardships, struggles, moments of danger and more.

This book will put any struggles you face or have faced in perspective and are a testament to the human spirit and faith in God.

Joy DeKok
I bought Miracles because although I know God does miracles, I wanted to KNOW He does miracles. This book with 32 true-life stories of God’s divine intervention deepened my faith and awakened my desire to be on the look-out for them in my own life and in the lives of those around me.

Not long ago, I released my new book, Your Life, a Legacy, where I urge people to explore and record the stories of their lives. Miracles is a what I call a Legacy book. Like many others who have read this book, I l
Rosemary K Kinnamon
Uplifting

I would have given four. Stars to this book, but I didn't press the stars fast
Enough.. This was an easy read, it kept your attention through out the book. I. Think it was very uplifting and reinforces our faith and God's commitment to his children.
Joy
32 inspiring stories of hope. I'm going to read it again soon, I don't think there was 32 stories from what I could tell but I did have slot of interruptions while reading this book and probably missed so much since my kindle kept playing in audible when interrupted.
Patricia C Robbins
Count Your Blessings

We forget so quickly how exceedingly abundantly God blesses us. Above what we ask or think. What is man that He is mindful of us. He is so great and awesome. His love is mind boggling.
Marilyn
everyone needs to read this book!!! Awesome stories and they put in scriptures from the bible. If you dont think God performs miracles now days, your wrong. Some events can't be explained. But God can explain.I hope to read more books by this author !!!!!!!!
phyllis park
Enlightening

Enlightening

amen the most important thing is that God still performs miracles today. thank You God. Thanks for writing this book. I read it at a time when I needed to be reminded.
Chauntel
Touching

This book is very touching...I like how the author laid it out...with scripture as good reminder that Jesus truly hears are cries and also proves that the Bible really is the living word.
Debora Williams
It was great. 5 stars!

I loved the variety of short stories. Miracles truly do happen every day. Thank you for taking the time to write the book and reminding us of what a mighty God we serve.
Esther
Some encouraging stories about the human struggle and resulting compassion and kindness. Poor grammar and editing are distracting though as well as misinterpreted scripture and shaky theology.
HELEN A. RITTENHOUSE
Miracles

What a wonderful collection of tales to make one ponder the wonders of our heavenly Father! Great inspiration for anyone who walks or wants to walk with Him.
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • My Emily
  • Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife
  • Moses - Steps to a Life of Faith
  • My Mom My Hero -Alzheimer's, A Mother and Daughter's Bittersweet Journey
  • Memoirs of the Bathtub Psychic - The True Story of a Clairvoyant and Her Dogs
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Unspoken Abandonment: Sometimes the hardest part of going to war is coming home
  • When God Intervenes: An Extraordinary Story of Faith, Hope, and the Power of Prayer
  • Journey on the Hard Side of Miracles
  • Center of the Universe: A Look at Life From the Lighter Side
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • Angel Wings
  • Whisper My Secret
  • We Never Lost Hope: A Holocaust Memoir and Love Story
  • Prayer Changes Things: Taking Your Life to the Next Prayer Level
  • Powerful Prayers for Troubled Times
The Strength to Stand: My Cancer My Blessing (Inspirational, Miracles, Healing, Faith)

“can do all things through Christ” 0 likes
“…pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous one avails much.” (James 5:16 MKJV)” 0 likes