Start by marking “Maine Miracles” as Want to Read:
Maine Miracles

Maine Miracles

A dying child counts angels in her room, a teenage boy with severe brain damage stuns his doctors with a complete recovery, a bubble of protection surrounds a man about to be hit by a car ... These miraculous accounts and twenty-nine more are recorded in Maine Miracles.
Published May 20th 2010 by Amlin Publishing

Keiki Hendrix
Oct 03, 2012 Keiki Hendrix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this one up because it was a free download and because I am always interested in hearing or seeing what God is doing around us. I'm glad I did. It's a collection of stories of miracles in the lives of several people. The author starts the book by saying she is not a writer, perhaps to combat any disparaging reviews. I read these stories and was encouraged, inspired and uplifted. As a writer myself, that is the whole point of writing. As a reader, that is the only reason I read.

If you'd
John Hileman
Jun 23, 2010 John Hileman rated it it was amazing
The fact that the author of this novel is my wife, disqualifies me from saying what I think of her, or her writing. I think she is brilliant ... whoops. That just slipped out. Anyway. My review is of the stories themselves. All I have to say is: wow! These stories are awesome! Each one is inspiring and uplifting. And all give glory to our great God, who is mighty to save. This book is a treasure.
Jan 21, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational stories!! Reminds you that God is REAL!! Loved it!!
I was intrigued by the concept of miracles, so I thought I'd give this book a try. I found the stories to be really uneven. Some were deeply moving. One story inspired me to think about tragedy in an new way. Another gave me some new ideas about angels. I enjoyed these. They fit with the cover image.

But, some entries were too short. These seemed like newspaper articles relaying feel-good snippets. Headline: Anonymous donor supports people in need. They weren't personal enough and detailed enough
Apr 13, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written, quick, easy read. A collection of 32 people/families in someway touched by a miracle - or if you will an act of God. We all have questions, like why does a mother and father lose their child, why do children suffer from illnesses. This book talks about people who have witnessed and experienced a miracle personally. For example, a young man is involved in a serious car accident, suffers severe injuries to his physical body and brain. He wa not expected to recover or even l ...more
Trinity Rose
Oct 11, 2015 Trinity Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just an ebook I got free a few years ago and finally have read it. What an inspiring story or 32 stories I should say. It is full of such wonderful, precious things that have happened. You will read how God has protected or how He has sent people signs by different things that happen.
In the above section talking about this book it tells about a boy recovering from a massive brain injury. In that story a boy/young man wanted to see a miracle and God let him be in a miracle. He was in a h
Karla Sonnenberg
A quick read and some of the stories are inspiring and heart warming. This is more of a collection of small stories of people encountering God in ways they never expected. The author does a nice job of moving the events along. I would recommend this for someone who needs a lift in spirit or when you don't have a lot of time to get involved in a novel.
Louisa Black
Apr 19, 2015 Louisa Black rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading through this collection of inspiring stories of God's faithfulness and the power of miracles that are much alive today as they were 2000 years ago.
It's awesome to read and builds up your faith.

I love singing at the top of my lungs, [although other might not like it:)]the brilliant words within the Hillsong worship song 'The same power that conquered the grave lives in us.' This book inspires me to keep praying and keep believing. God works in the most mysterious ways an
Oct 19, 2012 Rayni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those interested in God's hand in ones life.
Recommended to Rayni by: Pixel of Ink
As the title says, there are 32 stories here. Some are short, some are more detailed. They all have one thing in common, God's hand in ones life. It was amazing. So many times someone will say, "You were lucky." No, I don't believe in coincidence or luck, it is God's hand, we are blessed.
Jul 03, 2015 Birgit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
32 little stories about miracles the people telling the stories claim to have witnessed. Some heartbreaking, some heartwarming, some a bit hard to believe, but all united in their belief that is was God/Jesus intervening and changing their lives.
I quite enjoyed reading these stories, and although I doubt some of them are true, I do not doubt that the majority of them happened - any religion is based on belief, and don't they say " believing can move mountains".
So yes, whether the reader is a be
Bethanie Kelley
It a little too much like an advertisement.

I think I expected more than is given. As a non fiction the jump from story to story from the first person perspective come across as a cut and paste from other sources instead of an original work as the writing style varies in the telling. This leads to a choppy transition between the stories. Instead of links to act as advertisements at the end of stories they should have compiled a list at the end with footnotes. The stories in and of themselves can
Karen & Gerard
Miracles--32 True Stories by Joanie Hileman is a collection of short stories of 32 different people who experienced a miracle in their life. Some are healing when the doctors gave no hope, some are completely transformed lives, some deal with family issues and some with children. Each story lists several scripture verses after it which apply.

I really enjoyed this book because it was so interesting and encouraging to see how great and wonderful God is and that He is still performing miracles tod
For some time now, my reading matter has mainly consisted of thrillers, espionage, violence, and all manner of murder and mayhem, so what a refreshing change this book was. I don't believe that every story in here could be construed as a miracle, but each and every one of them IS uplifting. Some stand out more than others, and for me the one featuring baby Wyatt was both inspiring and heartbreaking. One can only look on in awe at how these people deal with such terrible adversity. The book could ...more
Philip Cosand
Fine but never great. If nothing else, the formatting and typos interfered with my enjoyment.

One complaint I would offer was that it was hard to read with any sort of "voice" for the book. I understand that she claims she is not a book writer and that she is taking stories from those around her. Still, some effort at making a version of "house style" would have been nice.

I had no problem believing this miracle or that; this book will not convince you to believe in miracles if you do not already.
Kay Nuzum
Apr 22, 2015 Kay Nuzum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real life miracles.

This book was such a great testimony to the reality and love of God in the everyday lives of everyday people, just like me. Kudos for Joanie Hileman for her successful compilation of true stories that change your view of God's power in our lives today. It may even change you life for eternity. It gives hope in times of trouble.
Petra Sanchez
Jun 17, 2015 Petra Sanchez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miracles: 32 True Stories

This book is very good and I believe that God gives us miracles everyday. I loved reading this book. I think if you get to read it you will like the miracles that happen when we believe in the Lord and that Jesus Christ died for our sins and then he resurrected so that we could be cleaned from our sins.
Apr 16, 2015 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Editing problems

The stories themselves were good. Some of them seemed less miraculous than others, but that is ok. The underscores on nearly every other page are not. Neither are the Chinese letters in place of apostrophes. I have not idea why they are there or why they weren't edited out, but they were very annoying.
Apr 08, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers, kindle
God is good. This is a 4.5 star. Would have been 5, but one of the mom's in this book took being determined to the crazy level. The rest of the stories were heart-warming and the first story by a David brought tears to my eyes. Very good book. I highly recommend it. I got it for free on the Kindle. It may still be free. Even if it isn't, it's still worth it.
Just Deborah
Aug 21, 2014 Just Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who can resist a miracle?

Who can resist a miracle?

I f more people believed in God and accepted the miracles he is willing to give them, we would pray more and worry less. "The shortest distance between the problem and the solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."( unknown)
Adam Graham
Oct 07, 2013 Adam Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miracles is a great ebook that's sure to offer encouragement to Christians as they contain testimonies of God's working in the lives of people from miraculous healings to providential timing, and sometimes just the grace to endure hardship.

The testimonies are told from by the people who experienced them. I was surprised that the main source of this book was from Calvary Chapel members in the State of Maine, surprising since New England is usually considered a spiritual cold zone and most Evangel
Madelaine Singleton

Thank you for writing this book. The people are normal everyday people who have been touched by a glorious loving God. I especially appreciated the story of the sister who committed suicide. My brother did the same in very similar circumstances. It was a very comforting thought after all these years
Cheryl Lopatka
Aug 26, 2014 Cheryl Lopatka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting stories

Interesting stories

I enjoyed reading about people who
lived to see real miracles and how Jesus works in situations where they saw God's hand in their real lives. nobody ever got wealthy, but they got much more. an inspiring read. I enjoyed it and I recommend this book.
William Chamberlin
For a brand new Christian this can be a good book to stimulate new thoughts of how the Lord deals with us with real life issues. But I found that most of the stories where more about how the God of comfort soothes troubled lives during times of trials. Still a book that gives God glory for his faithfulness.
cheri carlson
Oct 24, 2015 cheri carlson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reading. This has several good true stories that are really good. I finished the book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down. If you like true stories then this is a must read.

This book ends too soon, I love this type of book, and recommend it. Read this and you won't be sorry.
Jun 04, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

One just has to believe in faith hope praying to God. This is stories about people's trials and how if you believe in God he can make the impossible change to possible. Such as a baby won was sick and should have but lived through prayer and mother's plea to God and never gave up.
Teena Stewart
Oct 24, 2014 Teena Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
32 stories people have shared about ways they have seen a divine hand in their hardships, struggles, moments of danger and more.

This book will put any struggles you face or have faced in perspective and are a testament to the human spirit and faith in God.

Joy DeKok
Jan 30, 2012 Joy DeKok rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought Miracles because although I know God does miracles, I wanted to KNOW He does miracles. This book with 32 true-life stories of God’s divine intervention deepened my faith and awakened my desire to be on the look-out for them in my own life and in the lives of those around me.

Not long ago, I released my new book, Your Life, a Legacy, where I urge people to explore and record the stories of their lives. Miracles is a what I call a Legacy book. Like many others who have read this book, I l
Rosemary K Kinnamon

I would have given four. Stars to this book, but I didn't press the stars fast
Enough.. This was an easy read, it kept your attention through out the book. I. Think it was very uplifting and reinforces our faith and God's commitment to his children.
Feb 16, 2014 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
32 inspiring stories of hope. I'm going to read it again soon, I don't think there was 32 stories from what I could tell but I did have slot of interruptions while reading this book and probably missed so much since my kindle kept playing in audible when interrupted.
Patricia C Robbins
Count Your Blessings

We forget so quickly how exceedingly abundantly God blesses us. Above what we ask or think. What is man that He is mindful of us. He is so great and awesome. His love is mind boggling.
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife
  • Healing the Wounded Heart: Removing Obstacles to Intimacy with God
  • The Mother Road
  • Saint Francis of Assisi: A Life Inspired
  • Creating an Intimate Marriage: Rekindle Romance Through Affection, Warmth and Encouragement
  • My Emily
  • Miracles: A Journalist Looks at Modern Day Experiences of God's Power
  • My Mom My Hero -Alzheimer's, A Mother and Daughter's Bittersweet Journey
  • Memoirs of the Bathtub Psychic - The True Story of a Clairvoyant and Her Dogs
  • Elijah, Steps to a life of power
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • The 40 Most Influential Christians . . . Who Shaped What We Believe Today
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Country Baking Quick Breads and Muffins (Delicious Recipes)
  • When God Intervenes: An Extraordinary Story of Faith, Hope, and the Power of Prayer
  • Center of the Universe: A Look at Life From the Lighter Side
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace

“Daniel was twenty-three years old and serving as a United States Army medic on his third tour in Iraq when the roadside bomb exploded underneath his vehicle. After this, all of my buddies kept asking me, “Why are you always so calm? Why aren't you afraid?” I told them, “Because I truly trust in the Lord.”
 “God says, 'I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.'” (Psalm 91:14 GNB)” 1 likes
“can do all things through Christ” 0 likes