Start by marking “The Sugar Solution: Weight Gain? Memory Lapses? Mood Swings? Fatigue? Your Symptoms Are Real - And Your Solution is Here” as Want to Read:
The Sugar Solution: Weight Gain?  Memory Lapses?  Mood Swings?  Fatigue? Your Symptoms Are Real - And Your Solution is Here

An easy-to-follow, drug-free program that can bring blood sugar into balance in just one month. As many as 16 million Americans are living with high-normal blood sugar. They arent diabetic, but they are experiencing symptoms including weight gain, fatigue, depression, and poor concentration that are undermining their quality of life. Left unchecked, these symptoms could le ...more
Published September 19th 2006 by Rodale Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sugar Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sugar Solution

Susy
Sep 26, 2008 Susy rated it it was ok
Pretty much everything that tastes good is bad for you... nothing new or groundbreaking.
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
t seems to be a never-ending battle. We start the day with the best of intentions. Today we are going to eat right, exercise, and control our stress. Then reality sets in. We wake up late (that stupid alarm didn't ring) to a chaotic mess of getting kids off to school on time (making sure that homework actually accompanies them). Our only aim at this point is to get to work before the boss notices. There's no time for a real breakfast, exercise, or a nice relaxing meditation session. Coffee and a ...more
Diane
Mar 23, 2009 Diane rated it it was ok
"An easy-to-follow, drug-free program that can bring blood sugar into balance in just one month. As many as 16 million Americans are living with high-normal blood sugar. They aren't diabetic, but they are experiencing symptoms including weight gain, fatigue, depression, and poor concentration that are undermining their quality of life. Left unchecked, these symptoms could lead to more serious medical conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes."

I would argue about the "easy-to-follow"
Lord' Williams
Aug 16, 2009 Lord' Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently found out that I'm a Type 2 Diabetic(May/2009). This knowledge frighten me. This condition I prayed to never experience, yet it somehow found me, and so now I must live with the fact that I have it, and I must learn how to control it, being that I wasn't doing such a great job with my body before, so it seem.

Like most people today, I searched the internet trying to find information on this disease. There was tons of information, but there were too many pieces of this puzzle to sort th
Geraldine
Sep 12, 2007 Geraldine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to be healthy
I saw this book on the library's book shelf and decided to check it out of the library. It explains why it is important to control your sugar intake. High blood sugar can cause quite a few health problems-high blood pressure, heart disease, and type II diabetes are just a few of them.

This book describes how you can control your blood sugar and lose pounds to become a healthier person. I bought the book.
Catherine
Feb 17, 2008 Catherine rated it it was ok
Stephanie
Jan 10, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: help-self
At least half of this was stuff I had already read in Prevention, in one form or another...but a good reminder of what's at stake if I don't do some serious work on my health issues.

So today it has been two full weeks since I had sugar. The book helped remind me that is is the right thing to do.
Maggie
Feb 01, 2013 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
read it straight through and will spot-read (as often as necessary) until this excellent book's ideas become second nature to me. it matters. and i'm up for it. very very thankful for the collected advice and perspective of this book. thank you, prevention magazine!
Angela
May 25, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 600s-health
Removing fructose and sucrose sugar from the diet and/or substituting complex carbs for simple sugars to provide more energy and less illness.
Erin
Oct 17, 2008 Erin rated it liked it
Got this book in a freebie bag at a marketing tradeshow. It was an easy read, but not really my cup of tea. I'm not really the 'dieting type'.
Jeff Brailey
Jun 05, 2007 Jeff Brailey rated it really liked it
A practical book that if followed will prevent diabetes.
Charity
Oct 06, 2008 Charity rated it it was ok
Shelves: reference
I didn't find it that helpful.
Ang
Feb 09, 2012 Ang rated it it was amazing
Really good information!
Lisa
Apr 03, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Quite a few great recipes!
Susan
Excellent. Take out again.
Cws
613.25 Pre
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Julia Xeroteres
Julia Xeroteres is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2016
Sarah Kite
Sarah Kite marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Jaimie
Jaimie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Sheyper
Sheyper marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Roger
Roger rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Roberta Cavender
Roberta Cavender marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Bumblebee
Bumblebee marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Katrise
Katrise rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016