Start by marking “At Piper's Point” as Want to Read:
At Piper's Point

At Piper's Point

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,144 Ratings  ·  177 Reviews
Ten years and many boyfriends later, Cassidy Winters finally returns to the ancestral home of his grandmother, Sadie Hart, despite the best efforts of his father to prevent it. Cassidy's plans of a quiet, seaside ceremony to wish a final farewell to Sadie quickly unravel as interruptions run roughshod beginning with Neil who walks out of the ocean and straight into Cassidy ...more
ebook, 1st edition, 210 pages
Published July 27th 2010 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about At Piper's Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Piper's Point

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxTell Me It's Real by T.J. KluneFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
53rd out of 489 books — 1,222 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeTigers and Devils by Sean KennedyBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneSomething Like Summer by Jay BellLatakia by J.F.  Smith
M/M Books Written By Men
20th out of 1,154 books — 731 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Is it just me or is Hart's Island like the gay mecca? I mean, every non-coupled person that Cassidy sees ends up being gay! Where is this place and how soon can I visit?

"At Piper's Point" was an adorable, light romance from Ethan Day. My favorite part of this book I think was the humor. I found myself reading with such a big smile on my face that my mouth starting hurting from grinning too widely. It is just such a fun book.

"Jesus," Nate said, throwing his hands in the air as he stared Neil down
Heather C
Apr 19, 2011 Heather C rated it it was amazing
I've been putting off writing my review of this book hoping I would come up with the right words to say. But that's just it. All I can come up with is "ITS AMAZING"! Beautifully written, this is my favorite Ethan Day novel to date.
Lauraadriana
So I've finally figured out what it is that resonates with me when I read an Ethan Day book, EVERYTHING is familiar. From the music that these boys listen to, to the cocktail choices, to the allusions to "Shrinkage!" it all brings back very good kinds of reminiscing for me.

I love Ethan's books because they are funny, and sweet, but have real struggles and pain that he presents in a way that is just delightful to read.

This book finds Cassidy Winters coming home to Piper's Point to reclaim his gra
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I must confess, I've owned this book since the day it was released but put off reading it because of thinking Cassidy would turn out to be an uber-slut in the book and from the fear I'd get more sex from his one night stands than between the two MCs. I'm happy to report that I was completely wrong on that front. ^_^

I really enjoyed this book. It was funny but at the same time lightly angsty and an easy read. I smiled and I laughed but my heart also clenched a few times.

I loved Cassidy and Nate.
Sheri
Oct 12, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ultimate uproar. Gloriously gay. Healing homecoming.
Do you believe in soulmates?
That one person was created for you and you alone?
I do.
This story celebrates that belief and I savored every bit of it. A tale about best friends bonding eternally before they knew what wonders that involved. They drift apart for a few years, but grief and death unite them once again.

As much as this was a hilarious comedy, it was also deeply layered with notable lessons. It touches on the challenges of surviving gri
Debra
Sep 30, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m

While I enjoyed this book and the story overall, I had a tough time engaging with Cassidy and Nate as a couple. Ethan Day's writing style, however was engaging and fully of wit. I enjoyed the story of Cassidy's mourning his grandmother and trying to come to terms with the way he has been living his life and what he should be doing to move forward. This was my first book by Ethan Day, but I look forward to reading more.

All of the characters had clearly written personalities and all of th
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Jul 18, 2016 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Shannon
Update: First read in October, 2012, this review is for the audiobook which I completed on 4/8/16:

I first read this story in 2012, as I was just discovering the joys of reading M/M romance, and it was also the first story by Ethan Day that crossed my path. Now, over 1500 books later, I found this to be just as refreshing, just as humorous, and just as poignantly emotional as it was the first time I read it. Couple Ethan Day’s sense of humor with the delivery of Michael Lesley’s imaginative narra
Ethan Day
Sep 03, 2010 Ethan Day rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Some Reviews for At Piper's Point

- 5 Stars and a Recommended Read from Dark Diva Reviews

"Wacky, loving characters, snarky humor, and screwball antics perfectly balanced by emotional depth make At Piper’s Point by Ethan Day the best book he has written to date."

- Aunt Lynn from Reviews by Jessewave gave it 5 Stars

"Run, don’t walk, to pick up this latest story by the wonderful Ethan Day. You won’t be sorry."

- 5 Stars f
Elsbeth

- Narrator: Michael Lesley

Oh man, this was hysterical....

Review to come

*audio provided by Michael Lesley in exchange for an honest review.
MishyJo
Apr 23, 2016 MishyJo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this audiobook free from the narrator for an honest review. How cool is that?

First for the story. The book started a little slow for me but I liked it more and more as it went. I hated, really hated, Nate for most of the book. But I learned, as in real life, until you hear the other person's side of the story, you shouldn't judge them. The concillation between Cassidy and Nate was one of my favorites of all time. There is nothing like a grand gesture where someone puts it all out ther
Ann
This was a fun and sexy romp of a story and having Michael Lesley read it to me made it even better.

There is a LOT going on in Piper’s Point for a small quaint seaside town and the one person at the center of the shenanigans is Cassidy. Everyone has the friend who is a drama magnet, and that is Cassidy. And I don’t necessarily mean it’s angsty bad dramatic drama, but there is always something (or someone) going on. Heading back to Piper’s Point to handle his beloved aunt’s estate doesn’t change
Leigh
May 11, 2011 Leigh rated it it was amazing
This was my first Ethan Day book, and it was recommended to me by some of my dearest friends (the Heather posse), and all I can say is "Wow"!!!!

I had planned to read this book on my Kindle, concurrently with another book in paper form, but needless to say, after I began, this one took all of my attention!

Day's writing is just fantastic. The book was very well written, and the imagery of Piper's Point and Hart's Island were perfect. I could visualize it all, and I felt like I was really a part of
Shell
Jul 29, 2010 Shell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh where to start? I found this book a little less mad-cap than Ethan’s other books. It was still hilariously fun and the characters seemed warm and real, but there was a rather serious (especially for Ethan) undertone to it.

Cassidy Winters grew up spending his summers with his beloved, charismatic Grandmother, Sadie. He didn’t have a good relationship with his parents and cherished his summers with her at Pipers Point. When Sadie passes away, Cassidy is left with her home and finds himself back
Katharina
Feb 19, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, humour
4.5

There are many great reviews on this book already, so I keep it really short:

This book is awesome! It's funny and lighthearted, but it still has substance and a real depth to it. And there were moments in there that really made me tear up. The characters (and there are quite many of them) were real and had all individual traits making them fun and an honest contribution to the story. Ethan Day has a casual writing style that makes every story, every character and every dialogue seem natural,
Candice
Jul 15, 2011 Candice rated it really liked it
This book was lighthearted and had funny moments that had me laughing while reading. There was some emotional parts which added to the overall book. There are a lot of characters which add to the book and I loved the friendship between them all. I ended up wanting to know more about all the characters. I was sad when it added and would love another book to see where all these characters ended up. Overall a very enjoyable read.
Jenni Lea
Oct 19, 2013 Jenni Lea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jenni Lea by: Sammy Goode

Cute, funny and heartwarming. It did bring a tear to my eye a few times but in a good way so all is good. :)

Thanks Sammy Goode for the rec!
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Cassidy Winters has spent the last (almost) decade fighting with his father first to return his grandmother, Sadie Hart, to her home at Piper's Point, and, later, after her death, fighting in court to prove Sadie's will valid, which left Piper's Point to Cassidy so he could bring her ashes home. It has been ten years since Cassidy has returned to the island where he spent his summers with Sadie and he's filled with fear that people will blame him for not being able to win against his father when
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
For the love of all that is gay and holy, I loved this book.

Cassidy comes from a rich, but cold family. He has known love and affection only from his grandmother, an independent and strong woman, larger than life. He spent his holiday at his grandmother's house, which she shared with a woman she gave shelter to, Natalie, and her son Nate, Cassidy's first love.

When Cassidy, after many years, comes back to take his grandmother's ashes home, after she died in a nursing home where she was confined
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
5 Stars - KAPOW!
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

After years of battling with his father for custody of his stroke stricken grandmother, Cassidy Winters is finally bringing Sadie home to Piper’s Point. Home to her best friend and housekeeper, Natalie Sommers, and her son and Cassidy’s childhood friend and first lover, Nate. Even though Sadie has passed, she is an important part of the story. Cassidy’s memories of summers at “the shack”, Sadie’s name for her home, made her come alive as the
Mercedes
Sep 03, 2012 Mercedes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Looking for a book that will grab you from the beginning and have you laughing all throughout it? Then this is your book! Ethan Day delivers a story that will have you holding your belly and laughing out loud for a great portion of this book.

If you have taken the time to read the blurb of this book, you may have noticed that Cassidy comes away as a bit of a slut and I guess he is a little bit. I think he could have been worse but I didn't think he was too much of a slut. However, because he is a
Justin Nova
May 06, 2016 Justin Nova rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny book with excellent narration which had me laughing lots! I sooo wanna hang out Cassidy and his group of exes/ friends.
Ingela
Apr 12, 2016 Ingela marked it as to-read-yes-soonish-arc-br-blog  ·  review of another edition
Lucky lucky me!!
The narrator Michael Lesley*) asked me if I wanted to ARC listening to this new 9:45 hrs audiobook edition of Ethan Day's M/M romance At Piper's Point from 2010. I'm honored ...of course I said YES at once. — To start soonish.
 photo image_zpsu7bhricc.gif

*****
*) Don't miss his hilarious funny narrations of T.J. Klune's books Tell Me It's Real and The Lightning-Struck Heart. Two great ones when you need to smile, chuckle and laugh loud.

Tami (synchro from BL)
Jan 23, 2013 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it really liked it
It was funny, it was hot, it was sweet, it was entertaining and it was well written.
But something was missing to make it great - I cannot even say what exactly. Maybe that I didn't get the jump from "Let's stay friends" to "Lovers forever". The big finale was a bit boring actually and therefore "only" 4 stars.
R.J.
Jun 21, 2014 R.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. The first couple of chapters were a little hard to get through but after that the story really picks up and there are some lovely characters. Lots of laughs and some sweets romantic times. Memorable!
Lily
Aug 14, 2010 Lily rated it it was amazing

Cassidy Winters returns to his beloved grandmother's home after a long and bitter legal battle with his father. It's been four years since her death and he finally has the right to bring her back home. His plans for a quiet memorial for Sadie and some time to figure out what to do with the house are soon shattered by the unexpected arrival of several men.

First he meets Neil on the beach and they end up enjoying a fantastic night together. Soon after Cassidy rescues a little dog and meet
Josephine Myles
Aug 14, 2010 Josephine Myles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, romance
At Piper's Point is a perfect summer read - not only does it have the island setting, but the romance is amusing, entertaining and above all, emotionally satisfying.

Cassidy Winters is not my usual ideal hero - brought up in a moneyed family, incredibly attractive and unable to commit himself to any of his boyfriends for longer than a school year, he has two saving graces: his love of his eccentric grandmother, Sadie, and all she stood for, and his sense of humour. When he returns to Piper's Poin
SueM
A fun, entertaining M/M Romance novel that had surprising depth (well, to me, anyway) carefully hidden under the humor. While I grinned at some of the scenes, it also moved me to tears, and any novel that can me both laugh and cry is a good novel as far as I am concerned.

Cassidy, a young almost-professor, returns to Hart's Island 4 years after his beloved Sadie's death (his Grandmother, but he was never allowed to call her that!) after a long legal battle with his father as to who was the benef
Thomaidha Papa
4 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This was a very interesting story to read. I fell in love with it not in first sight, but in a steady pace as the story evolved. At first I admit I thought it was a bit too melancholic for me. As I went on reading I had resigned myself for a bittersweet kind of book, hence the hilarity that followed caught me unaware. I am now thankful I wasn’t eating or drinking anything while reading, because I don’t think I would survive the gathering of Cassidy
Nic
Perfection!

From the description in the blurb, I was looking forward to reading this book but what was delivered was so much more than I was expecting. This was a story about family and friends and fighting for love.

At Piper's Point is the story of Cassidy, a man returning to his grandmother's home for the first time in many years. Sadie had passed away years previously but it is only now that Cassidy is in a position to return. The first chapter is so evocative, filled with Cassidy's reminiscenc
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Sep 24, 2011 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who love a good romance
This is my FAVOURITE book by Mr. Day. I don't know why I put this off for so long to read. I heard good reviews about it and now I know why. This story was well balanced between humour, sorrow, kindness and snarkiness. I'm not big on contemporary slice of life romances. If authors wrote them as well as Mr. Day, then I'd be reading many more contemporary romance.

Cassidy is a walking contradiction for me. He is an only child of wealthy parents. Yet he isn't spoiled, mean or cruel. Instead, he's ra
  • Bewitched by Bella's Brother
  • Take My Picture
  • Resistance
  • One of Those Days
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Written in the Stars
  • Settling the Score
  • Breathe (Breathe, #1)
  • The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)
  • American Love Songs
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Homo Action Love Story! A tall tale
  • A Note in the Margin (A Note in the Margin, #1)
  • All's Fair in Love and Advertising
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
Welcome to Ethan Day's Goodreads Profile. I write mainly contemporary GLBT Romance Novels, but who knows what the future might bring and what other genres I may dive into.

Hopefully, you’ll find my books to be sexy as well as fun. Sex and romance, should be fun! If it isn’t, then perhaps you’re not doing it right.

I hope you love my characters as much as I do. With any luck they’ll inspire you the
More about Ethan Day...

“As he slowly climbed the stairs, Cassidy looked upward and vowed in Scarlett O"Hara-like fashion, “As God is my witness, I shall never kick a man who"s got my dick in his mouth again.” 2 likes
“Cassidy continued to rub his chest and groaned at Ollie pleadingly. “I don"t like it. Make it stop.”
“It"s just love, sweetie. It won"t kill you. I promise.”
“Love totally sucks ass!”
Ollie shrugged nonchalantly. “Perhaps I"m wrong. Maybe you"re having a heart attack.”
Cassidy glanced back up, hopeful. “You think?”
Ollie shook his head. “You"re one sick bitch.”
1 likes