Start by marking “Live Wire (Elite Ops, #7)” as Want to Read:
Live Wire (Elite Ops, #7)

Live Wire (Elite Ops #7)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  6,260 Ratings  ·  271 Reviews
He is larger than life. A born leader. Bound by duty, seduced by danger—and driven to distraction by the one woman who is too powerful to resist…

A Hero Among Men

Meet Captain Jordan Malone. For years he has been a silent warrior and guardian, operating independent of government protocol or oversight, leading his team of Elite Ops agents to fight against terror at all costs.
Published March 1st 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Live Wire, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Thank God it's over stars

***Spoilers***

I am so glad I am finished with this series. This was one of those times I really, really hated my OCD. I would have loved to stop reading this series after the hott mess that was Heat Seeker, but no my OCD had me powering on and I have made it to the other side.

photo 82285-Jesse-Pinkman-I-SURVIVED-BITCH-8eHW_zpsfpqixzez.gif

Live wire was also a big let down. No surprise there really after the last few books I wasn't expecting much. No it was not the train wreck that was Heat Seeker or as bad as Renegade, but total
Mitzi
I guess I’m just a slut……because I really liked this book. It’s one of the best LL books that I’ve read in quite some time and although the plot is a bit weak….the sex is hot, the dialogue is witty and the sex is hot…..Oh, did I already say that???

This is the final book in LL’s Elite Op Series. Jordan is overseeing the dismantling of his Ops center. He meets Tehya who is the last to leave her underground home…Sparks Fly…..and the sex is hot…..but then they go their separate ways.

Several months
Anne OK
Dec 18, 2010 Anne OK rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-reads
Disaster - so many errors you can't keep up with them. Totally taken out of the story. I can't understand why Lora Leigh doesn't get this problem under control.
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 26, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
Jordan Malone has spent what has felt like a lifetime in the Elite Ops. He has worked closely with his team, in particular Tehya Talamosi for the past six years. Tehya joined the Elite Ops due to her specialized communications skills. Ironically, her father, a white slaver is the enemy, having killed a good friend of Jordan’s and who tortured and killed Theya’s mother. She has worked as Jordan’s personal assistant among other things. Jordan’s SEALs training has taught him never make friends with ...more
Cindi
Apr 06, 2011 Cindi rated it liked it
I just didn't know how to rate this book. And its getting to be that way with each LL book I read.

I enjoyed the story. Jordan Malone was the leader of the recently disbanded Elite Ops group one, and let me tell you he's been a sonofabitch in the previous EO books. So it was with relish I encountered his love story, after he's been so anti-settling down with his men. Luckily that didn't stop them, because he needed each one of them and their wives to solve the situation Tehya, his woman, and he f
Grammy 1
Mar 01, 2011 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
This was the book we waited for for Leigh to write for Jonas in the Breeds series..... The culmination of watching tough Jordan and Teyha flirt with each other through a series of books comes to an explosion of Love, lust, and power....What an incredible read....I was breathless through the sensual and powerful story, and the sexual sparks flew all threw this book....10 stars

Stephanie
Mar 02, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
really enjoyed this one, think this might be my favorite. Jordan was a true alpha and the sex was hot, hot, hot.
jenjn79
This was such a hit & miss book. Which is not surprising for a Lora Leigh story. Her books hit a lot of extremes on the good/bad scale. I had fairly moderate hopes for this story going in, and that's about all I got.

Series Note:
Sixth book in the "Elite Ops" series, which is a spin-off of the "Tempting SEALs" series. Not sure if you can read this as a stand-alone. It's hard to say, but it would definitely make more sense if you read the whole series.

Summary:
Ever since Jordan Malone came into
Cynthia
Sep 20, 2010 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers of romantic suspense, Lora Leigh fans

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

Unequivocally sensual. The chemistry between Tehya and Jordan sizzles!
I expected the utmost best from Ms. Leigh for this, her last novel in the Elite Ops Series. She delivered and more!

Jordan Malone is the consummate alpha: possessive, protective, dominant. *i want one* We got our first glimpse of him in the Tempting Seals Series.
All during the Elite Ops Series, there was an undercurrent of sexual heat/need/connection between Jordan and Tehya, but it was n
Kathy Davie
The sixth and, I think this is the last, of the Elite Ops romantic suspense series, although Leigh does seem to be setting us up for a story between Beauregard and Journey.

My Take
Oh, the dialog was believable enough and the sex was good. And, as much as I'd hate to believe that such evil exists in the world, I do believe it. What bugged me was Jordan's absolute refusal to believe in love. Okay, yeah, he's a guy, but he has so much evidence of the power of love all around him. And just what does
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jordan Malone.... What else do I have to say? LOL I've waited so long to read his story!!!!

He is the hard-ass, pain in the ass, commander of the Elite Ops. He's always prided himself of not falling in love, not letting a woman become more important to him than a mission. But we've all seen that throughout the years, he's always had a soft spot for Tehya, fiery redhead, maybe a few years too young for him, but someone who has already been through too much in life, and is now only looking for love
Jess
Jul 10, 2010 Jess rated it liked it
2.5/5 - Damn, I really wanted to love this book. It might be the curse of anticipating a character's book so much that it could never live up to those expectations. That's what Jordan's book was for me. I've wanted it for ages, and it was a letdown.

The plot read odd to me, not sure if it's because it just wasn't written clearly, or if I just wasn't engaged enough, probably a combination of both. Half the time I was trying to figure out how certain people fit into the plot, and sometimes I was t
Fanny
Jun 23, 2015 Fanny rated it it was ok

Live Wire es el sexto y ultimo libro de la serie Elite Ops de Lora Leigh y tiene como protagonistas a Jordan y Tehya.
Empece a leer este libro hace un mes y hasta ahora no habia conseguido terminarlo, la razon principal? sentia que la trama avanzaba a pasos de tortuga y por si fuera poco la trama me parecio la mas aburrida de toda la serie, no podia leer mas de un par de capitulos sin que me diera sueño, aunque quizas eso tambien se deba a que la historia de Jordan no me interesaba nada.
Aun asi m
Niki
Sep 15, 2010 Niki rated it it was ok
I wish LL would get a better proofreader already. Maybe she should call up Nalini Singh since Nalini's world is much more complicated and yet she never gets any of the details wrong...
Alex is The Romance Fox
I had so many conflicting thoughts about this book. Did I love it? Not as much as I wanted to. Jordan Malone has always been an interesting character since I first met him in Wild Card and I was looking forward to finally getting his and Tehya story. After all Jordan has been “hovering” and fantasizing about her for a very long time…so finally we get a peek into their lives.

And what happens??? We have this super alpha male, leader of the “pack”, strong and focused in his job but when it becomes
Rubysbooks
thuy
Live Wire is part of the Elite Ops series and I believe it's the last book in the series. I have not read any of the other books in the series. I don't think you necessarily need to read the other books in order to enjoy this one but there was obviously a lot of history between all of these characters. Tehya's been on the run for most of her life until the day, 6 years ago, that Elite Ops helped her take down her father, an infamous and cruel criminal lord. Since then she's become a valuable mem ...more
Kathy
2kasmom
Feb 04, 2015 2kasmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The long anticipated story for Tehya and Jordan is in a word... amazing! Those of you who have read the Elite Ops stories, know that this book was a long time coming. It is book # 6 in the Elite Ops series and more information can be found at Goodreads.

The book gives you a back story so if you have never read the series, that is okay. This book can be read as a stand alone book if you choose. I loved the operators from this series so I have deliberately read them in order.

At the start, the Elite
Jamie
Mar 07, 2011 Jamie rated it it was ok
Darcy
Jul 28, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it
The entire time I have read this series I have been waiting for this book. Jordon, the big boss of the super secret ops department, was so cynical that you just knew when he would fall, he would fight it all the way, but would fall hard.

Tehya, was just the woman to take Jordon down. Having lived a nightmare of her own, she understood the special world that Jordon lived in and even lived in it herself. She knew that she was attracted to Jordon, but also knew he was fighting that same attraction.
Natalie
Sep 08, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
Finally! Big boss's story. I love the fact that the whole team of badasses comes together for this one woman they've embraced. Its not overly lovey dovey, these are tough men, dead-men (as the book contantly says), and having them be mushy is just wrong. However, the suble hints, looks, and their persistence to keep Tehya safe is the perfect level of emotion. The problem with this book is all the inconsistencies though out are so bad, its frustrating. I mean, it gets as bad as calling people the ...more
J.A. Eckert
May 18, 2011 J.A. Eckert rated it it was ok
Okay... Lora Leigh obviously has a sexually deprived audience. I know, I know, hate me people! I'm all for a good romance but not at the expense of the plot. And after writing sooo many books I think she's running out of good ideas. I really wanted to like this book, I mean, the man boobies on the front are likeable so...

Alright. To me, the dialog felt stilted and fake. The male protag was a little too over the top for me as to not be believable. The female protag just needed meds to treat a ba
Margaret Gaiottina
Stavolta le stelle sono due. Eh si, mia cara Lora, perché tu sei brava con i personaggi ma ti devi allenare un po' di più con le trame. Andiamo con ordine: Tehya Talamosi fa parte di una squadra speciale agli ordini del capitano Jordan Malone. Tehya è figlia di un narcotrafficante che ha voltato le spalle al padre violento per passare dalla parte dei buoni. Quindi è una buona che si porta sulle spalle un fardello molto pesante. Jordan Malone è un uomo dal cuore di ghiaccio, della serie resisto a ...more
Tina
Apr 20, 2011 Tina rated it did not like it
Ok. So here's the deal. I read a couple of LL's early books. Liked them enough to read more and then, well, I noticed some repetitious stuff and generally got turned off her books in a major way.

I am not a reader who likes to read a book that I know before hand I probably won't like. I actually only read this book b/c it was a reading group book that was sponsored by the book store. So I felt obligated even though I knew I probably wouldn't enjoy it.

I've been reading this book for what felt like
Teresa
Joradan Malone is a hard bastard and prides himself on that. He also prides himself on having no weaknesses. And to him love is just an illusion. Give into the illusion and love a woman means having a weakness. When he meets Tehya he knows if he allows himself she will be the greatest of weakness. So for the six years she worked for him he never lets his desire for her get the better of him. But he also makes certain that no other man lays a hand on her.

Tehya is 30 years old and has been in love
Lori
Feb 21, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
I'm about 1/2 way through the story. Already I've noticed many editing errors. Missing/duplicate words is the most frequent distractor. I hope this is only in the ebook version. I'd hate to think it was forever in print
I am really enjoying catching up with the whole team. It seems like all the characters will be making an appearance, yay!!

Not the best book I've read by Lora Leigh. I really enjoy the Seal/Ops stories but this book felt rushed. Other than what I said above it just felt like I kept
Lisa
Mar 04, 2011 Lisa rated it did not like it
Lora Leigh has obviously lost intrest in this series because the last two books were truly awful and the few before that not so good either. Wildcard and Killer Secrets were wonderful and I was so excited for the rest of the series and it has been a big disappointment. It was basically the same story over and over. Bringing all the other characters back in could have made for an awesome book, instead it all felt jilted and with bits and pieces just randomly thrown in. Plus the ending when she br ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Nov 07, 2010 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it it was amazing
Great wrap up to the Elite Ops series and great introduction to her new Wounded Warrior's series. This book did a very good job of wrapping up all the loose ends from the Seals and Elite series. You get to see or hear about every member from both teams. It was great to finally see Jordan Malone fall and Tehya was the perfect woman to bring him down. Sad to see this series end as I was the Elite Ops when it ended but she has alot of new series coming out and the potential for more based on a few ...more
Frances McNeal
Nov 07, 2010 Frances McNeal rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
So sad to give this book such a poor rating. I was looking forward to this couple and even prebought the prologue to get a sneak peek. The book jumps around too much, parts don't make sense and it is hard to follow what is happening. I loved the idea of having everyone back together but it just didn't flow. I love Lora Leigh's books and this series was great, but this book just wasn't up to her past writings.
Rory ? 2 10 Apr 14, 2015 01:28AM
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Hidden Away (KGI, #3)
  • Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Long, Lean and Lethal (FBI #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Elite Ops (6 books)
  • Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1)
  • Maverick (Elite Ops, #2)
  • Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #3)
  • Black Jack (Elite Ops, #4)
  • Renegade (Elite Ops, #5)

“Don't worry about hurting me, Jordan." She brushed back her hair again as she turned from him and headed for the bedroom. "It was too late for that a long time ago."
...
"I've heard the lecture," she informed him as she glared back at him. "I've heard you tell your men how love is an illusion, and how they need to watch their backs before that illusion bites him on the ass, so many times it sickens me. Unless you have something original to add to it, then I don't want to hear it again, if you don't mind."
...
"You're fooling yourself." He had to force the words past his lips. "You're letting lust and pleasure betray you. Tehya. It tricks you. When it fades, all you have left is either friendship or enmity. It's the enmity that worries me, the knowledge of all the little ways you can destroy one another with the knowledge you've gained. I don't want us to go that route. I don't want you to hate me."
...
"Who ruined you before I ever had a chance at your heart?”
8 likes
“Tease?" he groaned. "Ah, baby, I'm not teasing you. I'm giving to you. Giving you every ounce of pleasure I know how to give you."
-Jordan(Live Wire) to Tehya (Enigma)”
5 likes