Start by marking “Waiting for No One” as Want to Read:
Waiting for No One

Waiting for No One (Wild Orchid #2)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Taylor Jane Simon is an eighteen-year-old girl with Asperger’s Syndrome who has a refreshingly different view of the people she encounters and the life she wants to have. Young adult readers will identify with Taylor’s struggle for independence and self-control, and empathize as she outlines the ways—both positive and negative-- that her Asperger’s Syndrome affects her dai ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Red Deer Press

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for No One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for No One

Kelly
All tell and no show made this a couldn't finish for me. In the first 50 pages, I was told no fewer than six times that Taylor has Asperger's. It was being hit over the head.

It makes me sad when there could be a real story with character, but instead, the book turns into a diagnosis and treatment instead. The emotional connection can't be made.
Bianca Dugan-sherman
Remembering: What is the disorder that Taylor has in the book? Asperger’s Syndrome
Understanding: Describe what is meant by the wild flower on the cover of the book? Taylor wants to be treated like everyone else and not different.
Applying: How is Taylor's story where she wants to be treated the same similar to people with how people with other disabilities would like to be treated? They all do not want to be labeled as "such and such with the disability", they do not want to be defined by their d
Canadian Children's Book Centre
Eighteen-year-old Taylor Jane Simon is a typical teenager in most ways, except that she has Asperger’s syndrome — an Autism Spectrum Disorder that makes social interaction difficult. In this stand-alone sequel to Wild Orchid, author Beverley Brenna picks up where the previous book left off, and follows Taylor back to her home in Saskatoon where she struggles for independence by stepping out of her comfort zone and taking a biology course at the university and applying for a job.

As with the prev
Ruju
I really liked this book. I've put the prequel, "Wild Orchid" on my To-Read list because this one was really good. This story was told in the POV of an autistic girl/woman and I enjoyed getting to know her point of view. I was surprised at how much I shared with Taylor and how much was different from what I'm used to thinking. Taylor is a strong woman and I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Susan
I loved this book! It is the second in a trilogy about the story of Taylor Jane Simon, a young woman with Asperger's Syndrome, and her passion for independence. I am reading these in reverse order, simply because that is the way they were presented to me. And it does not matter. These are YA books, so are an easy read.

And the author writes a compelling story in the voice of Taylor Jane. Her concrete thinking, her logical and illogical thinking, her desires (to get a job, to find a way to live by
Debrarian
While still a fine read, this one didn't work as well as the first in this series, Wild Orchid (which I loved). Waiting for No One felt more like an assortment of 3/4-sketched ideas, plotlines and characters. Felt unfinished. Our protagonist Taylor, though, still has a convincing and delightful voice, and I still look forward to reading the third one.
Janna
Jayla
This book was horrible. I very strongly disliked it. I didn't even finish it. It was very random and the thoughts didn't mix together. She has an obsession with hamsters, and she talks about them frequently. In the beginning of the book she applies for a job and puts her hamster as one of her references! And I really don't get how the title relates to the book. That is just what i thought and I respect others opinions even if they are very different.
Kristin Butcher
This is a sequel to Brenna's earlier Wild Orchid. It follows the trials of an eighteen year old girl afflicted with Asperger Syndrome and is told in her voice. Considering Asperger's is pretty much a high-functioning type of autism, this is pretty amazing. It's done very well.
Shelley
This book brings to life what it would be like to live with Asperger's syndrome. It is humorous yet thought-provoking. I would definitely recommend that every school should have a copy in their library.
Sequel to Wild Orchid didn't disapoint. Makes me want to hug Taylor, but then I realize she wouldn't like it.
Sandy Hoenecke
Really enjoying it so far
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Henri Michelle
Henri Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Nicci
Nicci marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lori Leigh
Lori Leigh marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rosesensei
Rosesensei marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Beverley Brenna was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to a family where literacy was important. She credits her early interest in writing to a mother who was a published poet, and to teachers who shared literature that touched the ear and imagination as well as the heart.

Brenna published her first poem in The Western Producer at age seven.
More about Beverley Brenna...
The White Bicycle Wild Orchid The Moon Children Falling for Henry Something to Hang on to