Start by marking “Waiting for No One” as Want to Read:
Waiting for No One

Waiting for No One (Wild Orchid #2)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Taylor Jane Simon is an eighteen-year-old girl with Asperger’s Syndrome who has a refreshingly different view of the people she encounters and the life she wants to have. Young adult readers will identify with Taylor’s struggle for independence and self-control, and empathize as she outlines the ways—both positive and negative-- that her Asperger’s Syndrome affects her dai ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Red Deer Press

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for No One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for No One

Brennan Chandler
Apr 24, 2015 Brennan Chandler rated it it was amazing
Intermediate Multicultural Book
Copyright, 2010

Waiting for No One by Beverly Brenna is an intermediate book about a eighteen- year- old girl with Asperger’s Syndrome. I feel like this book brings to life what it would be like to live with Aspergers, even though I do not have the syndrome myself. It is humorous yet thought-provoking; it shines the light on the high- functioning type of autism. I would recommend this book to any student in the intermediate grades, especially those wondering what i
Kelly
All tell and no show made this a couldn't finish for me. In the first 50 pages, I was told no fewer than six times that Taylor has Asperger's. It was being hit over the head.

It makes me sad when there could be a real story with character, but instead, the book turns into a diagnosis and treatment instead. The emotional connection can't be made.
Bianca Dugan-sherman
Apr 29, 2014 Bianca Dugan-sherman rated it really liked it
Remembering: What is the disorder that Taylor has in the book? Asperger’s Syndrome
Understanding: Describe what is meant by the wild flower on the cover of the book? Taylor wants to be treated like everyone else and not different.
Applying: How is Taylor's story where she wants to be treated the same similar to people with how people with other disabilities would like to be treated? They all do not want to be labeled as "such and such with the disability", they do not want to be defined by their d
Canadian Children's Book Centre
Eighteen-year-old Taylor Jane Simon is a typical teenager in most ways, except that she has Asperger’s syndrome — an Autism Spectrum Disorder that makes social interaction difficult. In this stand-alone sequel to Wild Orchid, author Beverley Brenna picks up where the previous book left off, and follows Taylor back to her home in Saskatoon where she struggles for independence by stepping out of her comfort zone and taking a biology course at the university and applying for a job.

As with the prev
Ruju
Jul 31, 2014 Ruju rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I've put the prequel, "Wild Orchid" on my To-Read list because this one was really good. This story was told in the POV of an autistic girl/woman and I enjoyed getting to know her point of view. I was surprised at how much I shared with Taylor and how much was different from what I'm used to thinking. Taylor is a strong woman and I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Susan
Apr 08, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is the second in a trilogy about the story of Taylor Jane Simon, a young woman with Asperger's Syndrome, and her passion for independence. I am reading these in reverse order, simply because that is the way they were presented to me. And it does not matter. These are YA books, so are an easy read.

And the author writes a compelling story in the voice of Taylor Jane. Her concrete thinking, her logical and illogical thinking, her desires (to get a job, to find a way to live by
Debrarian
May 23, 2014 Debrarian rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-aka-teen, issues-y
While still a fine read, this one didn't work as well as the first in this series, Wild Orchid (which I loved). Waiting for No One felt more like an assortment of 3/4-sketched ideas, plotlines and characters. Felt unfinished. Our protagonist Taylor, though, still has a convincing and delightful voice, and I still look forward to reading the third one.
Janna
Oct 08, 2013 Janna rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, asd
Joni Holland
Jan 18, 2016 Joni Holland rated it really liked it
Jayla
Aug 04, 2014 Jayla rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring
This book was horrible. I very strongly disliked it. I didn't even finish it. It was very random and the thoughts didn't mix together. She has an obsession with hamsters, and she talks about them frequently. In the beginning of the book she applies for a job and puts her hamster as one of her references! And I really don't get how the title relates to the book. That is just what i thought and I respect others opinions even if they are very different.
Kristin Butcher
Jan 10, 2011 Kristin Butcher rated it it was amazing
This is a sequel to Brenna's earlier Wild Orchid. It follows the trials of an eighteen year old girl afflicted with Asperger Syndrome and is told in her voice. Considering Asperger's is pretty much a high-functioning type of autism, this is pretty amazing. It's done very well.
Shelley
Jan 18, 2013 Shelley rated it really liked it
This book brings to life what it would be like to live with Asperger's syndrome. It is humorous yet thought-provoking. I would definitely recommend that every school should have a copy in their library.
Laura Elisabeth
Sequel to Wild Orchid didn't disapoint. Makes me want to hug Taylor, but then I realize she wouldn't like it.
Sandy
Nov 01, 2011 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Really enjoying it so far
jking
jking added it
Jun 25, 2016
modupe
modupe marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Alexandria Malabanan
Alexandria Malabanan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Olivia Wolf
Olivia Wolf marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Sydney Fleming
Sydney Fleming marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Haley Mims
Haley Mims marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Lisvette Pahola Ibarra
Lisvette Pahola Ibarra marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
thorunn gudrun einarsd
thorunn gudrun einarsd marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Chris Lack
Chris Lack marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Debra Ortega
Debra Ortega marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
OPA Jr. Librarian Witt
OPA Jr. Librarian Witt rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Inside Girl (Inside Girl, #1)
  • Special A, Vol. 16 (Special A, #16)
  • The Darkening (The Divided Realms, #2)
  • Wonderland
  • The Opposite of Tidy
  • How to Fly with Broken Wings
  • Fifth Rule
  • Remember Dippy
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • The Ghost in the House: Motherhood, Raising Children, and Struggling with Depression
  • It's So Much Work to Be Your Friend: Helping the Child with Learning Disabilities Find Social Success
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
Beverley Brenna was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to a family where literacy was important. She credits her early interest in writing to a mother who was a published poet, and to teachers who shared literature that touched the ear and imagination as well as the heart.

Brenna published her first poem in The Western Producer at age seven.
More about Beverley Brenna...

Wild Orchid (3 books)