Start by marking “L'émeraude des ténèbres (Les seigneurs de l'ombre, #3)” as Want to Read:
L'émeraude des ténèbres (Les seigneurs de l'ombre, #3)

L'émeraude des ténèbres (Lords of the Underworld #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  30,265 ratings  ·  900 reviews
Eclairée par les rayons de lune rouges et jaunes qui filtrent à travers les ténèbres, elle erre à la recherche des siens. Pour retrouver sa soeur, sa mère et sa grand-mère, prisonnières des guerriers immortels, Danika Ford est prête à tout, y compris à frayer avec ces créatures inquiétantes. Car elle a parmi elles un allié, un homme qui, au péril de sa vie, lui a déjà perm...more
Mass Market Paperback, 438 pages
Published 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about L'émeraude des ténèbres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'émeraude des ténèbres

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"He was dark, she was light. He was anguish, she was innocence. He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right."

Another great book from the LOTU series, finally we get Reyes's story and it was awesome :)))

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Danika is still on the run from the Lords, and now even from Hunters who are trying to capture her.
Aaeron's demon has taken over him and wants nothing else than to kill Danika's entire family, so Reyes and the other Lords have to keep him restrai...more
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Dan...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Although this series had a shaky start, I am really loving it. Heck, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so that helps. Throw in a tortured hero, and the battle's practically won. But, really, these are good stories, and I could tell that Gena Showalter is finding her groove. This series is much darker than her Atlantis series, and quite violent. But then, it's about Immortal, demon-possessed warriors. Comes with the territory. These books are also very steamy. Not too steamy, though.

Reyes was ve...more
Exina
July 25, 2013

He was possessed by a demon, and yet he had the heart of an angel. The contradiction delighted her, and she suspected she could happily spend the rest of her life learning his nuances—and there would still be more to learn.

’The Darkest Pleasure’ is the third book of the ‘Lords of the Underworld’ series, the story of Reyes, Keeper of Pain, and Danika Ford, a human woman with an incomparable ability.

Danika appears at first in book one, ‘The Darkest Night’, where Cronus...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Buggy
Opening Line; "Reyes stood on the roof of the Budapest fortress, five stories up, his feet balanced precariously on the highest ledge."

THE DARKEST PLEASURE is book 3 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld Series and this time it's is all about Reyes, an immortal warrior cursed after opening Pandora's box and ever since bound to the demon of pain. We've been waiting since book 1 to see Reyes's unrequited love for Danika reach its foregone conclusion and Showalter doesn't disappoin...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Photobucket

THE BACK STORY

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wr...more
Felicia
God, what to say. Guilty pleasure to the MAX? Naughty bits, interesting concept, a little too much dominating possessive male action, but...whatever. :) Tiring of the "hot immortal guys living together who start being picked off by understanding females one at a time for crazy # of sequels" books.
♥ Sarah ♥
This was a book I was really looking forward to. Reyes and Danika's romance has been in the making since the first book in this series, so I was really interested to see how it would play out between them. I was not disappointed in the least.

Reyes is the Keeper of Pain, so he often needs to hurt himself or be hurt by others in order to sate the demon that possesses him. However, when he's brought his need for pain to the bedroom in the past, bad things have happened that he's come to regret and...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Kathrynn
Tracy
4 ½ stars

Darkest Pleasure quickly just became my favorite book of the Lords of the Underworld series thus far. While I liked the first two books and planned to finish the series sometime this year, after reading this book I will definitely read the next two books this month.

Why am I now dying to finish the series?

First, I felt like I got to know some of the other warriors much better. There was also more interplay between one another. With the Budapest group, you really see the bond that they s...more
Christel
Mar 28, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gena Showalter fan
Shelves: gena-showalter
Okay, How do I review this one when not many people have it yet??? HMMMMM

Okay, this story has been played somewhat in the other books. It just delves deeper in this book. Reyes is the demon of Pain. He has got to hurt all the time to satisfy his demons needs. Danika has had nightmares since childhood, horrid nightmares. After she has them she paints what she has seen in her dreams.
Aeron, Keeper of Doubt, has been ordered by Cronus, King of the Titans to destroy Danika and all of her family.

This...more
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Darkest Pleasure is the third book in Showalter's scorching hot Lords of the Underworld series. This is my favorite of the series so far. Reyes, the keeper of the demon of Pain, is an extremely sexy warrior/hero. The heroine, Danika, wasn’t my favorite of the series, but I came to like her character better towards the later part of the book. Another great read in the fun, sexy, and steamy Lords of the Underworld series!
Merve  Özcan
L8blmr
This third book in the series didn't grab me as much as the first two did. Don't get me wrong - Reyes is one hot demon-inhabited Lord of the Underworld, but things just seemed to move slowly and, for whatever reason, I wasn't really fond of the heroine, Danika. The last third of the book went a long way toward redeeming things, but I missed the humor that was more prevalent in the other books and was disappointed with the fact that Reyes didn't get more relief from his demon in the end. Still, I...more
Miss Kim
Jan 12, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lara Adrian; paranormal romance
Recommended to Miss Kim by: continuation of series
Shelves: paranormal, 2009
"WOW! I am so glad I continued with this series because this one is THE BEST one."
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Mar 11, 2011 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
There really is someone out there for everyone. Even an immortal warrior, who can only find pleasure in bone-wrenching pain. Reyes is one of the Lords of the Underworld. Each immortal carries within him a demon which escaped from hell. Reyes carries Pain, and longs to hurt himself and others. He cuts himself, breaks his own bones, whatever it takes to cause pain and soothe the beast inside of him.

We knew Danika was the woman for him back in The Darkest Night. But he resisted his feelings for her...more
kari
I enjoy this series about the immortal warriors harboring demons, the world they live in and how each one is meeting his soul mate, but this installment gave me an awful lot more ewwww than awwww. There are some parts that were almost stomach turning.
Danika, who was kidnapped along with her sister, mother and grandmother in the first book, is the heroine of this book and we find out why she's important to the Lords world.
Reyes, who contains the demon of pain, is drawn to her as she is to him. R...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The third book in the (first) trilogy, The Darkest Pleasure catches up to Reyes and Danika's story. You don't really get to know Reyes in the previous books so I wasn't terribly interested in him and thought this one would be dull, but actually he's a great character and I really liked him.

Danika's on the run because Aeron, Keeper of Wrath, must kill her and her family on order of the Gods and has been driven mad by this unfulfilled bloodlust. After being assaulted by two Hunters she kills one b...more
Whitney
Good but not my favorite. I was frustrated with the lack of communication in this one. I also felt like the ending was rushed. But, I do have to commend Gena Showalter on her ability to write this book and prepare the reader for future story lines. It's not overwhelming or frustrating like a certain paranormal series that I just gave up on. I'm hoping this continues with the rest of the series.
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Another great installment in the LOTU series! Reyes and Danika were a cute couple and I am glad they finally got together. Although Reyes isn'y my fave Lord he is still a great hero, I only put him under hero-i-want-to-hurt cos I know he will like it!

Apart from the Danika and Reyes parts I also liked the glimpses into Paris and Aeron's mind as well. My poor Paris! I can't wait to see how it plays out with him.
Lady Heather
This was by far my favorite of the series...so far! The characters are becoming more developed as the each story unwinds and as 'they' (the Lords) have a mission to find all the artifacts and/or Pandora's box.
Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Nikoleta
OUAOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Another great story....i have to say that's my favorite so far!!!
Gena ROCKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Sercan Çelik
Bu seriye bayılıyorum ben ya pegasus bu kadar ara vermese daha iyi olacak ama kime diyoruz yani.
Melindeeloo
Painfully dark at times, but more 'Lords' come into focus as Showalter continues to flesh out her ensemble

Reyes possessed by the demon of Pain at last claims as his mate Danika, the woman targeted for death by fellow lord Aeron (Wrath) in The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, Book 1). Thankfully, Danika is no longer the terror striken victim. The leading lady and object of Reyes' obssession, has leveraged her stubborness into a suvival tool and has learned how to protect herself since w...more
Liz
Darkest Pleasure is Book 3 in the Lords of the Underworld series. I'm a little torn about my rating on this book. I definitely enjoyed it. I could say that I really liked it but if I could, I would give it 3.5 stars. Its between just like and really like. The first book was so far, by far, the best. So I'll be comparing the rest of this series to book 1...just so you know!

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika Ford. Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain. He has to inflict pain on someone...more
Yulia
I Love this book!
I Love Reyes and Danika!!!
I Love them so much, that I want to draw them.
description

He was her enemy, he and his friends stole her family, they wanted to kill them. therefore, they have to split up and hide from them. But she can not forget him, can not stop thinking about him her pulls up to him and it scares her.

He is possessed by a demon of pain. he can not afford to get carried away by her, to get closer. otherwise his demon will break her. Her - his angel, so innocent, sweet and at the...more
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Pleasure (LOTU #3) 1 19 Jul 23, 2012 11:21AM
Creative Reviews: The Darkest Pleasure, Lords of the Underworld 1 9 Jun 11, 2012 05:54PM
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #7)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl...more
More about Gena Showalter...
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)

“Legion hissed like a startled cat, the noise scraping at Reyes’s skin. “Me no boy. You think me a boy?”
Everyone stopped, stared. Even Aeron.
Reyes was the first to find his voice. “You’re a…girl?”
A nod. “Me pretty.”
“Yes, you are.” Reyes exchanged a glance with Lucien. “Beautiful.”
121 likes
“Yep, that's me. I know. I know. You're humbled I'm here, feel like throwing rose petals at my feet, blah, blah, blah. No need, though. Just try and think of me as a normal guy
-William”