Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)” as Want to Read:
Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 11 (20th Century Boys #11)

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  963 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Is the Friend really Kanna's father?! Will she still be able to stand up and fight, despite this anguishing news? Meanwhile, Koizumi Kyoko and Sadakiyo have gotten away from the Dream Navigators by the skin of their teeth, but as Yoshitsune once warned, these people will chase you to the ends of the earth… With Kanna in shock over the truth of her paternity, will she have ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published December 25th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 11

Anthony Chavez
Aug 29, 2012 Anthony Chavez rated it liked it
More of a filler volume, which any long series needs to drive the plot slowly with dropping hints such as "The Conspiracy of 1970?!?" What is that? Sounds ominous? We shall find out next time on Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys!!! Same time, same channel!

There was one big plot point dropped about Kiriko at the lab which was a jaw dropper, and whenever they bring in Kenji's music it's always a heartfelt moment. Those were some great highlights of this volume, along with Mon-Chan's note/research.
নাজমুল হাসান
We finally get to see Kanna's mother and a shocking revelation. Though, for me it wasn't shocking at all. Since there were quite a few hints and clues laid out before pointing in this direction. Also Kanna's real power starts to wake up. She already made a big miracle possible, now lets see how she does it from here. Another mystery adds to the tab, as the higher ups of "Friends" party talk about "The lies of 1970". What does that mean?
زينب
Jun 13, 2015 زينب rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The only thing I could say after reading this is WOW WOW. This is definitely a master piece. Yeah there were parts in the book that were a little bit exaggerated or too much (especially towards the end). However, this story was so amazing and so well written that those parts do not even matter. The art was amazing, the characters, the story, everything fit really well with each other. One of my favorite manga of all times!

Gu ta la la =)!
Oliver
Oct 07, 2014 Oliver rated it it was amazing
Erneut atemberaubend.
Alex Scales
Mar 08, 2015 Alex Scales rated it liked it
Shelves: comiiixwoo, manga
Half-way through the series and things are chugging along exactly the way you expect things would for a manga that lasts 22 (24, technically) volumes: its getting ridiculous.

Kenji, the main character of the first five volumes, has vanished all together only to be replaced by his 17-year-old neice, Kanna. Urasawa doesn't waste any time hyping her up: She rushes into a shoot out between rival gangs and orders the thugs around like children, uses psychic powers to gamble, and a good chunk of one vo
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 23, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After the fast-paced and rich-in-revelations "The Faceless Boy," the saga slows down a bit and gives more focused to the characters, particularly Kanna and her reaction to the shocking revelation she received of herself in the final page of the previous volume. Urasawa writes character well, and he still manages to keep the story flowing forward on multiple fronts. Everything is clearly gearing up to further dramatic high points which this series offers graciously. We also get more flashbacks to ...more
Jesus Flores
Jan 12, 2016 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
20 boys 11
So Kana after learning she is Amigos daughter learns about her mother past, how she was apparently involved with the disease or the vaccine.
A very interesting development into Kanas past.
Also we see that the dream-lady might have some side plan with one of the other people close to amigo.
4 stars
Brad
Apr 13, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, mystery
So, she's actually the daughter of Godzilla, right? I guess that means I've successfully "managed my expectations".
Damn I love these in-jokes, even if, or especially because, they're so oddball. It's almost like no one could make this stuff up, and yet, here we are.

Norman Cook
Feb 01, 2015 Norman Cook rated it really liked it
Kanna gets closer to the truth about her mother and the identity of the Friend. Kyoko is helped by an unexpected ally (who pays a high price for it).
Cel Red
Kanna tiene su crisis, Koizumi sigue siendo la mejor y Yoshitsune es un amor. Urasawa nos sigue dando muchas pistas y nos hace creer lo que quiere.
Abel
Dec 04, 2015 Abel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Se puso wena de nuevo!
Andrés Santiago
Jun 28, 2012 Andrés Santiago rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Getting tired of this. I love Urasawa style, he is a master storyteller and I love the way he draws, it's very cinematic. Its the soap-opera aspect I have a problem with, it just goes on and on... I know Manga is big business and the more issues the better, but there are other books I want to read and this just takes too long. Not to mention the cost, if this wasn't available in my Public Library I wouldn't dream of reading more than a few issues. ...more
Fran
Jan 01, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it
Dave
Aug 05, 2012 Dave rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
Just like the TV series Lost, where you just get complications and refereences to stuff that sounds deep (The Conspicary of 1970! The Giant Hamster of Hiroshima!) without any real plot development.
Nia
Jan 28, 2009 Nia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Kanna mencari jejak ibunya...
Kejadian awal tahun 2000 terjadi lagi. DI Afrika beberapa orang terjangkit penyakit misterius, dimana darah keluar mengalir dari tubuh....
Laurelyn Anne
Apr 15, 2016 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Finally! Kanna's mother, Sadakiyo gets a voice finally. Patience is required for this series but I love how it's all looping around.
Fredrik Strömberg
Feb 09, 2014 Fredrik Strömberg rated it liked it
A bit slow compared to the former volume, but still it has me reaching for the next volume.
Chris
Chris is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2016
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Conradicalism
Conradicalism rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Housin Ali
Housin Ali rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Matt Hickey
Matt Hickey rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Daniel
Daniel added it
Jul 14, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Iram
Iram marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Jenner DeNimh
Jenner DeNimh rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
  • Mushishi, Vol. 3
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Liar Game, Volume 2 (Liar Game, #2)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
  • Blame!, Vol. 4
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)