Start by marking “The Dragon Lord's Daughters” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Lord's Daughters

The Dragon Lord's Daughters

Meet the daughters of King Arthur's descendant, Merin Pendragon. They have an appetite for adventure and a gift for driving men wild with desire. Marrying them off may seem an easy task, but it's only going to prove that when it comes to these girls, trouble follows in threes. Join "New York Times" bestselling author Bertrice Small for a delicious new tale of proud, ...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Lord's Daughters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Lord's Daughters

Adrienne
Jun 21, 2011 Adrienne rated it really liked it
I picked this up at the UBS sometime ago, I'd come across BS before in Fascinated and seen her name mentioned here on GRs. However I don't normally read romance set in Ancient Britain/Dark Ages/Medieval times so this sat on the back burner for some months. Then inspired by some recent reviews I'd read for some of Smalls other books I took the plunge. This book was not what I expected! I enjoyed each of the three short stories, which revolve around Merin Pendragons daughters, immensely. The daugh ...more
Kit★
This was picked for my August book for the Pick-It-For-Me over in Western and Medieval Romance Lovers. I've read and enjoyed books by Bertrice Small before, call me weird if you want, but I like her stories. Mostly I enjoy the sense of time and place she puts in. Sure, her love scenes make me giggle with the manroots and love juices, but I like her style.
This book was actually three stories, though they flowed together pretty seamlessly. The three sisters were all the usual run of heroines in S
Patricia Tuugamusu
Mar 03, 2008 Patricia Tuugamusu rated it it was amazing
I LEARNED A LOT OF GOOD AND BAD THINGS FROM THIS BOOK DURING THE TIME OF KING ARTHUR AND LANCELOT.
Rebekah
Sep 09, 2010 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Jenny Delandro
Jul 03, 2012 Jenny Delandro rated it liked it
A random pick from ebook library.
This is a novel divided into 3 parts and set in early medival Briton

The customs of arranged marriages for girls 15 year old is abhorant to me - I had to keep reminding myself that it was historically correct.
Bride-napping also an odd tradition ... everyone had sevants and serfs working on their land and fathers had to provide a dowry for his daughter husbands - women owned nothing.

Based on a Welsh family, who claim a lineage back to King Arthur, the head of the f
Melissa
This is the first Bertrice Small book I read and I thought it was great. Averil is bridenapped because she is mistaken for her sister Mia (who is legitimate). Her and Rhys end up being a real love match though.
Mia falls in love with a faceless man from her dreams. Emrys is very much real though and comes to claim his bride. This one is filled with magic and mystery.
Junia falls in love with Simon who she finds out is from a terrible family that hates hers. This one is sadder than the other 2 stor
Consuela Rossetto
Bertrice Small in questo romance riscopre il mito di re Artù, mago Merlino e la Dama del lago.
Medioevo, Inghilterra.
Il signore di Pendragon ha tre figlie: Maia, nata dalla moglie, e Averil e Junia, frutto del suo amore illegittimo con le concubine.
Ciascuna andrà incontro al proprio destino e all’uomo che le conquisterà, in ogni modo: rapendole, incantandole o prendendole con la forza.
Paure, tormenti e avventure misteriose... per raggiungere infine l’agognata felicità.
Tamara
Jun 06, 2012 Tamara rated it really liked it
I love the history Small puts into her novels. It's not overwhelming and allows her to focus on characters as well. I read plenty of history novels but after one of those, I want to read a book that gives equal attention to characters, plot, and era. I have loved Small since reading "Adora" in high school and this lade still has it!
Katie
Dec 12, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
This book had me quite captivated. The three daughters are very interesting characters and I enjoyed reading each of their tales in parts. I thought the novel was very well written and the love making scenes were passionate without being crude.
Aymee
Jul 29, 2016 Aymee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It is beautifully written and combines a magical story of lost love with the concerns of present day.

A little bit paranormal, a little bit historical, completely contemporary. With a whole lotta Scots thrown in for good measure. LOL
Shannon
Oct 10, 2008 Shannon rated it really liked it
The three daughters were complex characters with interesting stories. The third daughter's story was extremely sad.
Susie Powell
Light entertainment with fond references to King Arthur's bloodline and characters I have read of in the past in other works.
Donna Wade
Feb 11, 2013 Donna Wade rated it really liked it
Just finished this book. I liked it very much since I enjoy reading about King Arthur and Merlin. This book is based on 3 women who are descendants of Arthur.
Laureen
Apr 25, 2010 Laureen rated it liked it
This was another new author for me. I enjoy historical romance books. The characters were done well. There was a good mix of magic, life, family, and love to make this a good read.

Nicole
Aug 06, 2008 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I can't even count how many times i have read this book and each time it seems to get better and better.
Savannah Ruth
Savannah Ruth rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Marisela Urquidez
Marisela Urquidez rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Kelsey Rejko
Kelsey Rejko rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Alyson Dugdale
Alyson Dugdale rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Teya
Teya rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Anouk
Anouk rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Christina Thorpe
Christina Thorpe rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Krista Joubert
Krista Joubert rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2012
Diana Vazquez
Diana Vazquez rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Leilani
Leilani rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2010
Tina Holton
Tina Holton rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Delia
Delia rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2008
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Taming Charlotte (Quaid, #2)
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Storm Rider
  • Beloved Enemy
  • Handyman
  • The Border Hostage
  • A Reckless Encounter
  • Forbidden Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #3)
  • The Champion (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • Tortured
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • The Knight and the Rose
  • When Love Commands (Marietta Danver Trilogy, #3)
  • Devil's Bargain
  • Border Wedding (Border Trilogy II, #1)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...