Start by marking “Charmes (Les ombres de la nuit, #3)” as Want to Read:
Charmes (Les ombres de la nuit, #3)

Charmes (Immortals After Dark #4)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  41,359 Ratings  ·  1,298 Reviews
Deux siècles après la mort de sa bien-aimée, Bowen MacRieve, lycae brutal et cruel, ne connaît toujours que ténèbres et solitude infinie. La Quête du Talisman, s'il la remporte, lui permettra de ressusciter sa moitié. Aussi, il est prêt à tout. Mais Mariketa l'Attendue, la jolie sorcière aux immenses pouvoirs, est elle aussi déterminée. Ce talisman, il le lui faut. Entre e ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 410 pages
Published October 6th 2010 by J'ai Lu (first published September 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Charmes, please sign up.

Candace
I am totally addicted to this series! Each book only serves to suck me into this story further. Who knew that crossing supernatural beings would be so hot!

This fourth book in the 'Immortals After Dark' series, tells the story of Bowen and Mari, a werewolf and a powerful witch. From the start, their relationship is contentious. Bowen's family has a long and bitter rivalry with witches.

When Bowen begins to feel an attraction toward Mari, he assumes that she has cast a spell on him. After all, he's
Blacky *Romance Addict*

He crossed to her, clasped her upper arms, and pulled her to her feet.
Gazing down at her, his voice breaking low, he said, "Doona bring me back to life only to destroy me once more."

What a f*cking awesome book!

I swear, this series is just getting better and better!!!!

I loved Bowen in the previous books and I couldn't wait for his own, and it didn't disappoint! It's my favorite from this series so far and I don't think that will change <3

And again, I LOVE this narrator <3 The way he did Bo
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
what just happened photo whatjust_zps1f7af4ef.gif
 photo mindblow_zps29d919cd.gif

love this book. Bowen MacRieve: was oh so charming and sexy The way he takes care of Mari. I loved him......
 photo bowen_zps450b94cd.jpg

Mariketa the Awaited: She was a super powerful witch that can't control her power. She is funny, and sassy and doesn't let Bowen walk on her but she shows her vulnerability as well.
 photo mari1_zpsfe245bf5.jpg
 photo mari3_zps86166421.jpg

photo mari5_zps36db0cbc.jpg

This book was romantic and action pack and it blew my mind..... What they go through and the Plot twist shock the crap out of my I so didn't see that coming>>>>>>>> The Way Bowen ta
Exina
“I still don’t see why we couldn’t sleep in that cave,” Mari said as MacRieve led her out into the night.
“Because my cave’s better than their cave.”

I’ve read the first 8 installments of the Immortals After Dark series, and so far, Bowen and Mariketa’s book is my favorite.

It is a very exciting part of the series. The world of the Lore is revealed in more details: its inhabitants, rules, myths, and relations. The story represents deep emotions, hard choices, incredible twists, destiny, prophec
P
May 04, 2014 P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Darwin says people like you need to die.”

Despite the fact that the whole story of Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night isn't my cuppa after all, I still loved every character Kresley Cole put into this book. Bowen was such a jerk for me when I first met him, he treats Mariketa so bad I wanted to kick his ass then. Mari, on the other hand, is genorous, lovely and tender. She is that type of heroine who is always hurt by a coldhearted hero. I pitied her so damn much and don't understand why I gave
Auntee
Jun 02, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans; JR Ward's BDB fans
Recommended to Auntee by: everyone
What can I say that hasn't been said? Loved it, almost as much as the previous book, "No Rest for the Wicked". If you enjoy sexual tension and sexual bantering in your books, this read will not disappoint! And when the H/H FINALLY get down to it--yowza!

Loved the hero, Bowen, although at first it was hard to read the Scottish accent, but I endured, and then the accent became downright sexy! And so far Mari is my favorite heroine of the IAD series. She was funny, brave, and good at putting the oft
Moraes the Bookworm
Well, I'm reading this series in publication order, so this is the fourth one I've read so far. I liked this one more than I did the third one, but still not quite as much as I liked the second book in the series. I'm still impressed with Cole's writing. I though, after the quality I saw in the previous books, her creativity would start to wane at some point in the next few books, like you can notice usually happens in series that are quite long like this one. But nope. In Wicked Deeds on a Wint ...more
Sammy Loves Books
bespelled wolf
"For one hundred and eighty years I've no' touched another" …"Have never even given a woman a second look. And it was easy to do so. But now I canna seem to keep my hands off a slip of a witch", he rasped at her ear. "A witch who has me feeling like I'll die if I doona find out what it'd be like to kiss her."…"O' course it's a goddamned spell."

Bowen MacRieve

bowen

Bowen is a werewolf that lost his mate one hundred and eighty years ago as she was fleeing him. He blames himself for her death and has l
~IreneOust~
Aug 20, 2016 ~IreneOust~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am stopping half way through Book 5 to write this short 'review' because I was so eager to continue that I failed to say even a few words about this yet another AWESOME story!!

This series is like a book version of Lays potato chips - you can't read just one! I am addicted and I REGRET NOTHING! I've said this before and I'll say it again: Kresley Cole has this uncanny ability to create characters you can't help but fall head over heels in love with! She is the only author that made me want to b
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, the fourth book in the Immortals After Dark series. I was not as enamored with this story as I was with the third book, but I had fun reading it just the same.

The hero, Bowen, is one of the most tortured heroes I've read, yet he is genuine, likable and charming in a brusque way. His protective, consuming, and voracious nature toward his mate Mariketa, the heroine, was awe-inspiring and endearing. I truly adore Bowen'
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I loved this book!! I fell in love with Bowe in A Hunger Like No Other and since then I've wanted him to get his happy ending. I will admit that when we heard others speaking about his dead mate she didn't sound lije the best match for him.

Well this book did not disappoint! It was full of twists and turns, emotion, humor and more great characters!! It picks up where the last one left off and Bowe has to go rescue Mari from the cave he trapped her in so she can lift his curse or he'll die.

As all
Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar
The witch seethed with power. Spells and magicks swirled about her.

I read this for the Witches Halloween bingo square.
I liked this one more than the previous and while it still had the OTT-ness and SEX (that Bowen powerless against the tree scene is all at once sort of uncomfortable and hot), the fun, crazy, and heat between our leads, re-energized me to continue with the series. I find myself liking the witches more than the valykrie, so this focusing on them was better for me.

Under her voic
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 11, 2014 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carmel (Rabid Reads) by: Melanie
Shelves: audio, audio-2014
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Until this installment I didn’t realize that many of the plots in this series run parallel to each other, so when I found myself back in the midst of the Hie I was ecstatic. It was interesting finding out what happened to Bowen after Sebastian trapped him, and learning more about the witch who cursed him. The two protagonists played a wonderfully devious game of cat and mouse throughout WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER’S NIGHT which made their dialogue hysterically funny, and th
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Edit: ReRead time....*sigh* kresley cole has turned me into a polyamorous person. I mean i fall in love with every hero, I adore every heroine. I can't get enough. I wish i could go back in time and read all her stuff over, like an immortals after dark virgin...but i cant. so i will have to be content with rereads. STILL AMAZING. loved this book, who doesn't love a brooding lykae ...yummmmmmm

Wicked Deeds ona Winter's Night: 5 star read! enjoyment :)

I should review this. However, I devoured this
Iliada
All the stars in the sky for this book

It's been a year since I read the first book in the series. I seriously don't know why I've waited so long. When I read A Hunger Like No Other, one of the best paranormals I've ever read, I thought that it was the best this series had to offer. The third book wasn't that good so this only confirmed my belief. How could anyone surpass Lachlain? Well, Bowen was just as good!

Silly me! People had told me about the MacRieves in this series! Why do I never listen?
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I could write for the millionth time about how much I love this series but I won't. I'll tell you why this book is one of my favourite three in the series so far...

Bowen

I have a thing for tortured heroes. I can't help loving them but I don't like the destroyed ones. Those who give up are not my favourite. I loved that Bowen never gave up. He fought for what he wanted, whether that was a dead mate back or a certain, pain in the ass, witch. He had his moments of assholiness but he was honest so th
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Sorry that I have to do this for 2 books in a row, but I couldn't even remotely find anything to get fetish happy about...again. I can promise though that I DO have a plan for book 5's cafe scene. I'm halfway through 5 and it's already ticking off some boxes. So we will be getting back to the cafe. Soon.

In the meantime, you can can get acquainted with the series in Episode 1 and Episode 2

First, a disclaimer : I didn't DISLIKE Wicked Deeds. I'm already such a fan of this author's quirky world and
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 Eastofoz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)

This is my second read of this book, and my first attempt to review it. I couldn’t write a review before, because it had been years since I read it, and my feelings were so all over the place. I didn’t think I could write an honest review at the time unless I did reread it. Don’t get me wrong. I love this book, and it’s definitely a five star read, but it challenged me in ways the first three books didn’t.

Bowen is a character we got to know in A Hunger Like No Other, and we followed up on him in
Wendy
Mar 09, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
This book definitely did not disappoint. If anything it just kept getting better and better as the story progressed. Bowen and Mari are a great couple and the chemistry between the sheets with these two...HOT!

5 - Huge stars from moi!
Lisa Kay
description

★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Man-oh-man-oh-man-man! This one is so well narrated by Robert Petkoff. I hope he is doing them all. I placed him at the top of my Top Ten Audiobooks for 2011 with his delivery of A Hunger Like No Other. Looks like he is trying to win that slot again.

Robert Petkoff is wonderful at infusing life and emotions into Ms. Cole’s amazing characters. Oh, he is certainly Delicious with the Scottish accent. Not only that, he differentiates the member of the Lykae
Anzu The Great Destroyer
WARNING! May cause insomnia and heart problems. Proceed with caution!

Where’s the sixth circle for the vote when you need it?

I really don’t know how Kresley Cole can do this to me. Just when I thought this series can’t get better than No Rest for the Wicked, something extraordinary happened. Hmmm how should I put this? Oh yes! Imagine you’re walking down the street minding your own business when an alien dressed like Michael Jackson rushes by you and makes you fall to the ground. Pauses. Returns,
D.G.
Re-reading for the third time: Jan 2017
This is the third time I re-read this book and it amazes me how my perspective changes between reads. This time, I understand the author gave him lots of opportunities for growth (which he definitely needed.) I mean, who the hell thinks about trying to impregnate a woman the first time he sleeps with her?

Something else I noticed in this re-read was how Mariketa took charge of her destiny. She was the one calling the shots during the mating and she had the b
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Dear Kresley Cole,

Come to my side, I have cookies. And bring some Lykae. And vampires. And demons. Thank you.

Love,
Gokce

ps. No mates allowed.

--Lame moment over.--

Just in case anyone suspected this, I just wanna make it official here that IAD series owns me at the moment. It's been a while since I've been this obsessed over a new PNR series, well, new for me at least.

This awesome book tells the story of the powerful young witch Mari and the ever so strong and sexy Lykae Bowen -RAWR!.

You know it, I
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oh. Well, it’s funny how as you are reading a book you feel a certain way right? For like, the whole book almost. Then, boom, out of nowhere it all changes. Yep, that is what happened to me with this one.

Mari drove me crazy. Yes, I know she is young. I mean, really, really young. She is only 23. Not yet immortal so yeah, ONLY 23, for realsies. But OMG she drove me crazy.

I couldn’t wait to read Bowen’s book and really, his story lived up to what I wanted for him…mostly. Mari drove me crazy.

I thin
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Super cute story with lots of twists and turns that I didn't see coming.

Still haven't been enthralled by one of these immortal dudes, but one has piqued my curiosity. I feel like this is a win since someone said they would cut a bitch if I touched her man.

...dodged that bullet.

Go me!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Oct 11, 2010 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole fans and paranormal romance fans
Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night is the third book in the Immortals After Dark series. It features Bowen McReieve, a heartbroken Lykae who lost his mate over two centuries ago and is still feeling the guilt because he believes he caused her death. The heroine is a fiery, snarky little witch named Mariketa.

When the two of them compete in the Hie, Bowe tries desperately to win so that he can bring back his former paramour, Mariah back to life. In the process, he traps Mari and some other friends
Kathleen
Heat Level 3 stars
Action Level 5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars
Favorite Character, Mariketa

This book started out with lots of action that grabbed me right from the start. This part of the book's setting took place during The Talisman's Hie competition which also took place in the pervious book No Rest For The Wicked. This story kind of felt like Romancing the Stone entwined with Raiders Of The Lost Arc gone paran
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
The only reason I gave this book 5 stars is Cade! Even in a book like this I managed to fall for the underdog.

I know she does not fit the description
but Nathalie Emmanuel is Mari in my head.

"Damn it, MacRieve, if you keep calling me kitten,
then I'm going to start calling you something equivalent,
like hound dog - and then we'll both be losers.”

Who's book to read next??!?

Conrad Wroth's? I mean, come on! He Sebastian's brother and 'A VAMPIRE WARRIOR CONSUMED BY MADNESS' What's there not to
Brittany B.
5 stars, without hesitation.

I adored the twists and turns and thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Actually I listened to Robert Petcoff's narration, which couldn't have been better; it was perfect!! With each book, I fall for Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series even more. I can say that I have no favorite yet because I think every new book is my favorite.

If anyone who reads this review and likes PNR/UF hasn't started this series, please consider it before you read anything else! Cole'
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)

“Mari began to suspect that this reflection was going to prove to be like that little computer paperclip assistant -- at first it helps, but after a while you just want the paperclip to die.” 137 likes
“She, too, is one of Regin’s friends. They’re poker buddies, sisters of the Wii, and Mari is a vaunted member of the karaoke contingent. Regin has long acted as the witches’ designated driver.” “BFF?” Lachlain asked, brows drawn. “Sisters of the what?”
Emma supplied, “Best friend forever and a video game.”
Lachlain muttered to Emma, “Your relatives are just no’ right.”
120 likes