Start by marking “Food Drying with an Attitude: A Fun and Fabulous Guide to Creating Snacks, Meals, and Crafts” as Want to Read:

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

If you think you know all there is to know about food drying, think again: the innovative ideas and techniques in this book will put the excitement back into home food dehydrating.

This ultimate food drying resource has something for everyone: vegetarians, natural and raw food enthusiasts, hunters, fishermen, gourmet cooks, gardeners, farmers, hikers, and even fast food j
Published (first published April 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Food Drying with an Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food Drying with an Attitude

Patricia
I skimmed this for ideas, because after all, pretty much the drying world consists of the following recipe: slice, season, dry, store. There were some good ideas and I never would have thought of drying pickles, but you can bet your sweet bippy I will now, thanks to this book. One strength: there were a lot of recipes incorporating the dried food which comes in handy for anyone who ever wonders what the heck they are going to do with a bunch of dried zucchini.
Cheryl Adkins
Mar 13, 2015 Cheryl Adkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book gives you a lot of ideas, tips, and recipes for dehydrating foods. I loved the little history lessons about dehydrating along the way as well.
Marija
Oct 04, 2012 Marija rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! I've been drying food for about a year now, and this book opened up a whole new way of thinking about drying for me. She covers fruits, vegetables, and meat, and uses simple ingredients for preserving color. She's got interesting combinations to try (e.g. soak apple slices in cranberry juice before drying - simple, but I hadn't thought of anything like that before), with recipes for using your dried food. She even discusses making vegetable powders for added nutrition in soups, ...more
Lacey Vertz
Jul 02, 2012 Lacey Vertz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently entered the world of food drying and was looking for a book with more details and instruction. This book is just that yet it doesn't go overboard with explanations. It also had nice color pictures. I especially liked the fruit dying and jerky sections. I've used several of the recipes and ideas from this book and have been happy with all of them.
Ethicurean Reads
Jun 30, 2009 Ethicurean Reads rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethicurean review of this title and several others on preserving: "I can, you can, we all can!: Essential books for preserving seasonal bounty"
Granny
Aug 20, 2011 Granny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great resource book, lots of good pictures, and Bell makes the subject fun and interesting. Got a new food dryer, so this book will help inspire me to use it.
Shannon Buck
May 09, 2013 Shannon Buck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes, food drying tips, and even crafty ideas.
Lbmiller21
lots of fun stuff to try in this book.
Joanna Candler
Joanna Candler rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Michael McMonagle
Michael McMonagle rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 added it
May 26, 2016
Flutey Cat
Flutey Cat rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Marylou
Marylou rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Darlene Marheine
Darlene Marheine rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
PRHSKindle
PRHSKindle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Steve Spinks
Steve Spinks rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dawn
Dawn added it
Feb 06, 2016
Debbie Teashon
Debbie Teashon rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Jimmy
Jimmy rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Janice L. Clark
Janice L. Clark rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Caroline C. Broden
Caroline C. Broden rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Tammy Polozune
Tammy Polozune rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Dinamarie Hubert-Isas
Dinamarie Hubert-Isas rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Carol Torres
Carol Torres rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Donna Toohey
Donna Toohey rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
T PARKER
T PARKER rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Yoan
Yoan added it
Oct 26, 2015
douglas low
douglas low rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Matt Richichi
Matt Richichi marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015