Start by marking “Billionaire's Row” as Want to Read:
Billionaire's Row

Billionaire's Row

Detective Michael Weiss has enough to deal with. Between being part of a disfunctional police department and having a vain and demanding lover who Michael suspects is only using him for personal gain, it's all Michael can do to keep himself sane. When the body of Craig Davies, a wealthy defense lawyer, is found on former television star Sam Christiansen's front lawn, Micha ...more
Published July 9th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press LLC (first published July 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Billionaire's Row, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billionaire's Row

Ami
Sep 11, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
First of all, I personally thank my GR friends Kassa and Elaine for informing in their review that this book is a "police procedural/mystery" rather than romantic suspense, because IT IS EXACTLY what I need. I've been trying to reduce my men love books, because I don't want to get burn out reading them too much. AND, mystery is always the one I return to, like the first love that will always be there, you know :).

This is one GREAT police procedural book -- and I thoroughly enjoy it, even with t
ElaineY
Jul 08, 2010 ElaineY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars.
I'm surprised I finished this. Enjoyed it even. Would have given it 5 stars if not for the ending being so meh. Surprised because I didn't find either Michael Weiss or Sam Chistiansen attractive people. They may be good-looking (that's mentioned somewhere in the book, I think) but both have the appeal of week-old porridge.

Michael is the detective investigating the murder of Craig Davies who's fucked just about everybody he knows and Brian is the ex of Michael (the ' vain and demanding
Mistral
A great mystery with interesting and well developed characters.
If you are in the mood for a good police procedural book read it!
Kassa
Aug 12, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Several reviews have mentioned that Billionaire’s Row is a decent police procedural but it’s not romantic suspense. That’s a perfect description of the story and actually one reason that I enjoyed it. The murder mystery is pretty well depicted with a lot of possible suspects and enough clues for the savvy to pick out the culprit but not in an obnoxious way. I guessed who did it early on but still enjoyed the process of watching the characters figure it out. The anemic romance between Sam and Mic ...more
Stacey Jo
I really liked this book, despite there being very little romance in it. What little there was, seemed to be more off the page than anything. Because of that, I didn't really "feel the love" between the characters that were supposed to have a relationship. For me, that would normally be a turnoff because I'm one who likes my Fire to be on-fire or the pages of my book to be smoking. And I don't want to have to imagine for myself what they are doing, I like details :o) But anway, all of that aside ...more
Elizabeth H.
2.5 rounding up to 3.0, but there were aspects of this book that were truly an impressive 4.0, and then some that were a disappointing 2.0.

Positives:
1. Satisfying length
2. Interesting, unique characterizations
3. Interesting setting
4. Even though the book uses the typical Cop trope, it's done in a very different way

Negatives:
1. This isn't really a romance. It's a police mystery with a hint of a procedural as I understand it, with a romance lightly and inadequately laid over it. To me, it was mark
MostlyDelores
Good. A fairly meaty police procedural flavored with sex, corruption, cover-ups and the lives of the super-rich.

Michael, the protagonist, is a raging alcoholic, complete with blackouts and inappropriate leaking of secrets, and many of the suspects he comes across are half in the bag a lot of the time. I feel a little hung-over myself, just from reading about it.

It's not clear why Michael is so unhappy and unmotivated--he is in the closet and pretty paranoid, in addition to being a drunk and a d
Feliz
Very good mystery. Very good characterization. Not very explicit scenes, but great emotions. Michael is believable, torn between knowing what's right and doing what's easy. Sam is simply great, although he unfortunately remains a little bit colorless, though.
Even if you're not into m/m, I'd recommend this book for mystery/ crime novel fans who don't mind a gay hero.
jules0623
Adara
Sep 14, 2010 Adara rated it liked it
Shelves: gangbang2010q4
So, I put off reading this a very long time and only finally got around to it because I forced myself to read all stories from old challenges I hadn't yet finished. The blurb didn't really grab me, so I put it off until last. Part of that was because I've read mixed reviews about it. I saw "it's not a romance" a few times. But in my opinion, it's as much a romance as Infected: Prey is. It is primarily a detective mystery and secondarily a romance. Or maybe a "coming into your own" story.

I think
Meggie
Jun 18, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
This story was pretty good. I really enjoyed the mystery around Craig Davies murder! The whole plot was nicely done and story amazingly pulling this the end.

Michael was destructive kind of a guy, living empty life. As a character I didn't understand his depressive way of living. I liked Sam and Michael as partners, but there was no true emotion to be felt in the book. They become lovers and Michael started to get better. Which was good.

But I have to admit I didn't understand Sam's feelings towar
Kiki
Sep 25, 2010 Kiki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like mysteries, but they work better if I have some emotional investment. I didn't have any here. However, Billionaire's Row as rather uninteresting mystery works better than as a romance, because there's even less emotional investment there. There's no depth to the relationship at all. All in all, I was bored, and ended up skimming a lot of the last part of the book.
Terri
Aug 05, 2010 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, exciting read. Perfect for the beach! Very interesting characters and surprise resolution. Kept my interest throughout the book! Would definitely recommend.
Jess Candela
2.5
It was okay. I never quite got when/how Michael and Sam fell in love, which makes it difficult to work as a romance.
Zenharley
Zenharley rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2011
KR
KR rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2011
Sep 12, 2010
DM Cartwright
DM Cartwright rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Stacy Brown
Stacy Brown rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2011
Pineapple_in_a_can
Pineapple_in_a_can rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Erizu
Erizu rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Lux
Lux rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2011
Runami
Runami rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Cait Miller
Cait Miller rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2010
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012