Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest, #12)

Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest #12)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  537 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Sasha is one of four students who will be expelled if one of them does not confess to being the author of a malicious blog, as she prepares for a surprise birthday party for Heather and a major riding competition.
Published January 4th 2011 by Aladdin (first published December 20th 2010)

Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartHome Sweet Drama by Jessica BurkhartScandals, Rumors, Lies by Jessica BurkhartFirehorse by Diane Lee WilsonRiding Lessons by Sara Gruen
horse books
13th out of 62 books — 17 voters
Just Listen by Sarah DessenArielle by Lilian RobertsLock and Key by Sarah DessenAlong for the Ride by Sarah DessenArielle Immortal Awakening by Lilian Roberts
Romantic realistic fiction(kissy)
42nd out of 49 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

*some spoilers*
I have been following Canterwood Crest since the beginning. At first I really enjoyed it, but then it became unrealistic and melodramatic. I get its supposed to be set at an elite boarding school and that these girls parents just flow money, but it was hard to relate. I also became frustrated when the main character made decisions that made absolutely no sense. Sasha seems to destroy most of her relationships and yet in the end she ends up with the perfect life. Hot boyfriend, dre...more
Abby
Well, that wasn't very good at all. At least this one had somewhat of a resolution. The writing is really childish, the drama is WAY over-exaggerated, and sometimes I just wanted to slap the main character--Sasha. You're in EIGHTH GRADE, for crying out loud! It's OKAY to be single! It's actually pretty unhealthy for you to be so ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on a guy so early! Gosh! At least they're over for the time being...
Abbey
This was an ah-mazing end to the Sasha books! I hope that the Lauren books are just as good. I an going to miss charm and Sasha so much! :')! I have been through all twelve books of Sasha and it is so hard to let go of her...LOL! Sasha and charmy...you will be missed.
▲ Rachel
I read this as it was recommended to me. The author has definitely got her horse knowledge down, but seriously!? Where do I start? Way too unrealistic. the whole series is. Since when were there boarding schools dedicated to training kids to be olympic riders? Not likely. And especially since these are all eighth grade girls. Even the drama is unrealistic. In the first book, Heather and her friends were constantly trying to put down Sasha by constantly pulling pranks that wouldn't work in real l...more
Sara Bennett
I love this series. I really do. I started it a while back and only read up to about 7. The library didn't get any of the new books until maybe this winter? Not really sure. I've been slowly picking up one or two here and there to make them last. Because they're my fun, guilty pleasure! Why? Because I love them and they are so easy to read without having to think about plot and etc. It's just fun!

So after a bunch of drama where Sasha got kissed by her best friend's boyfriend on her birthday and...more
Meg
meh.... these are getting a little hard to read. I read it in one sitting, skipping pretty much every third page. I just find the plot... dragging because I know she wants to reveal stuff in the next book. The riding description was a bit better than the last book, as an equestrian, I have a few issues with some of the riding, but I try to remember that this is at most, typically a 12 year old reader, who has no idea that you don't just 'give more rein to canter' or such. I still pick them up, e...more
Ally!
I LOVE SASHA!

Okay, so this is Sashas final book, but basically she and Charm have there ups and downs with compertions through out the book. She and Callie discover that they will bnever be friends again, Eric and Sasha decided that they can be friends and dont have to be so akward around each other. Her boyfriend gets over his fear of horses and the campus threat is dead and gone. :) Life is good for Sasha as she heads off for the WEG. :)
Alissa
This series is fantastic! The characters are rather dramatic and it seems like they try to act older (they are 13 and have boyfriends and wear makeup) but it was a very funny series! It could have been wrapped up a little better in the end (with Paige and Callie, and Eric too) but not a total cliff hanger or anything. :) 5 stars!!
♥Cynthia♥
This book was great, it doesn't leave any "cliff hangers" and everything turns out great 4 Sasha. She ends up getting a new friend.
Aishah Q.
This is the best CC book ever!!! I love Canterwood Crest and I cried when I finished the last page! Jess, you rock!!! :) <3
Ashley
This the last book with my favorite character, Sasha. She will be misss <3
Abbi
It was the best Canterwood Crest book yet!!!!!
Emily M.
Unfriendly Competition By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
178 pages

Unfriendly competition is the twelfth book in the series by Jessica Burkhart. In this book, a mysterious blog was written in the last book. Now the besties, Sasha, Brit, Heather, Julia, and Allison were called to the Headmistress office and they were suspected to be doing the mean blogging because the signal came from their rooms and the one doing it will be suspended. Meanwhile, the girls are planning Heathers 13th birthday Pa...more
Leeor Gorev
Sasha's life seems to be perfect: she and Jacob are finally getting their chance, the trio is being, well, not vicious, and rooming with Brit is turning out to be a blast.

But when the school tracks the stupid and mean gossip blog to be created in the trio or Sasha's room, life takes a tumbling turn.

After all, it's not easy to have your riding teacher get hurt, and besides, who needs hometown competition?

Sasha and her friends have to hang tight, because they might just fall over the edge.
Carlie
Elizabeth Berndt
I love the Canterwood Crest books and I am so upset that I just finished the last one and there are so many more things I want to know! Mr. Connor, Jacob, Charm :) , Lauren Towers (I will read Chosen for that) and other stuff, how is Callie and Paige's friendship with Sasha going. I love this book but i wish that Jessica Burkhart wouldn't have left some stuff unfinished. I totally want movies of this AWESOME series!
Carina
This was one of my favorite books in the Sasha CC series. The whole fight with Paige and how a new bff just happens to move in at the same time was a bit melodramatic, but it was still good. I didn't like how she kept getting in fights with her friends, it happened OVER AND OVER again! I wish the author had continued with Sasha, I like her more than the new character Lauren. It was really good, otherwise.
Mackenzie
This is the ending to book to Sasha Silvers great adventures. I am sad to see the last book but it was a great way to end it. I have followed her and her friends through all of their drama since book 1. Now I'm ready to read about Lauren Towers Canterwood Crest new arrival.
Regan
I loved this book! It was amazing! I love Sasha and i hate to see her go, but i loved how Ms. Burkhart finished off the series about her. It was awesome, and i hope that she is mensioned some in the books about Lauren.
Megan
I really liked this book! It's sorta like a mystery because they are trying to find out who the gossip blogger. Who is it? Read this book and find out!
Avery
I loved the whole series and wish Sasha wouldn't have picked Jacob but a girl can't have everything.
Catherine
I'm really sad to see Sasha go . . especially since I feel like I've just started to like her.
Julia
It was good but short and I was disappointed in it. Jessica you did it again!
Michelle Arrow
Amazing last book of Sasha's part of the series! Perfect ending! :(
Mas5thgrade2012
This book is really good!!!!!!!!!! If you like horses!!!!!
David
Very imaginative
Sasha and co, or lauren and co? 7 8 Dec 29, 2012 09:10AM
julia's website thing 1 4 Aug 19, 2012 03:16PM
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • After the Storm (Heartland, #2)
  • Sundancer (Saddle Creek, #1)
  • Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2)
  • Dream of Night
  • Blue Wings (Phantom Stallion, #20)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...
Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1) Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2) Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest, #4) Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3) Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)