Start by marking “Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)” as Want to Read:
Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)

Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest #11)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  801 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
In the next two installments of the four-book arc that began with City Secrets, the tide has turned at the elite Canterwood Crest Academy….Will Sasha Silver dethrone Heather Fox and become the school’s Queen Bee? Packed with BFF scandal, lying roommates, secrets between teammates, and more, these are two of the most dramatic Canterwood books ever!
Published November 16th 2010 by Aladdin (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Scandals, Rumors, Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandals, Rumors, Lies

Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartHome Sweet Drama by Jessica BurkhartComeback by Jessica BurkhartChosen by Jessica BurkhartScandals, Rumors, Lies by Jessica Burkhart
horse books
5th out of 78 books — 27 voters
Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartThe Auditions by Stacy GreggShowjumpers by Stacy GreggRiding Star by Stacy GreggChasing Blue by Jessica Burkhart
Tween Horse Books!
56th out of 124 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Leeor Gorev
Aug 13, 2011 Leeor Gorev rated it it was amazing
Canterwood Crest is fully loaded with problems.

Sasha is still mad at Paige for what she did. Callie hates Sasha because Jacob told Callie about what really happened the night of Sasha's party. Heather is being, well, nice which can't last long. And is Brit a friend, or competition?

Only the strong survive at Canterwood, but maybe the obvious has taken it's turns.
Emmy
Nov 10, 2012 Emmy rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
This one wasn't as good as the previous ones. This one was filled with mistakes. a couple examples:

Brit telling Sasha about her best friend drama back home, when that was discussed in the last book. It's talked about as if they never discussed it before.

Sasha texts Brit about going to the slice. Then a couple of pages later reaches her dorm, and re-asks her to go to the slice. Again, as though the previous conversation had not happened.

There were a lot of little errors too. Example Halloween be
Abby
Jan 07, 2011 Abby rated it it was ok
These keep getting worse and worse. I'm kinda addicted because I want to know what happens, but they're pretty terrible books.
Leah
Jul 20, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I really like this book but I don'T LIKE THE WEBSITE BECAUSE IT WON'T LET me read anything
Kusanar
Jan 16, 2011 Kusanar rated it did not like it
This book had SO many mistakes in it making it hard to focus on what little point/plot there was.
Annie
Mar 10, 2011 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK SERIES EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mehsi
4.5 stars! Finally(!!!) this one got delivered and I finally could find out more about what happened. The last book ended with a cliffhanger (ARGHHHHH), so I just needed to know how it would continue.

In the last book there was a giant (but not unexpected) explosion between Paige and Sasha. Like I said, not unexpected, the whole last book was about the strained friendship between Paige and Sasha. Paige kept pushing and pushing, and more pushing. Sasha just needed time. And then that ending part.
Emily M.
Scandals, Rumors, and Lies By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
181 pages

Sasha Silver and her ex-best friend, Paige, had a huge fight so Sasha moved in with her new best friend in the world, Brit. Heather, the queen bee, has become a great friend of Sasha’s. Sasha’s favorite season, Halloween, is coming up. Her first official date with her new boyfriend Jacob was a beautiful, romantic scene. Sasha has been freaked out because Callie made the YENT team but is still being nasty. Jacob has invited S
Sara Bennett
Well even those this series might be a bit young and "fluffy" for the girl who has Divergent on her shelf and loves dystopian/apocalyptic...it really isn't. This series is my fun, guilty pleasure. Where I don't have to think I can just enjoy and laugh along. Not that I don't do that with other books, just saying. Anyway this series has been one that I have really enjoyed and I just keep picking them up! Despite the age difference :P

After all the Jacob/Ben/Callie drama that occurred at Sasha's bi
Treasure
Dec 23, 2011 Treasure rated it it was amazing
Book eleven in the series aimed at horse crazy tweens continues to follow Sasha Silver at the elite East Coast boarding school Canterwood Crest Academy, known for its equestrian program. It is an interesting read, exceedingly well written considering it is a high volume series. While there is indeed plenty of drama surrounding friends, teachers, boys, and horses, the drama is welcomingly age appropriate for the eighth grade characters. The “scandals” that take place are mild in comparison to oth ...more
Kat
Dec 27, 2012 Kat rated it it was ok
I was a little disappointed with the past two books I have read in this series. The plot jumps around and this particular installment seemed a little rushed. There really wasn't any substance to it. Also, the gossip blogger wasn't as dramatic as I thought she would be. She enters the plot about two thirds of the way through the book. Also, there are some problems with continuity.

On top of that the errors with spelling are atrocious. Worse than any of the others.

It also end abruptly. Plus it sha
James J Webb III
Scandals, Rumors, Lies

I loved this book a lot. But I really want to know what happens in the next book because this book was left off with a cliffhanger again.
k.d.
Jan 06, 2015 k.d. rated it it was ok
Can't believe the number of editing errors found throughout... "Across the arena, Heather was taking Aristocrat through spirals that got tighter and tighter. The chestnut, a few shades dark than Aristocrat, curved his body without the slightest of strain." That's just one of a handful found throughout -- from basic spelling and grammar errors ('an' instead of 'and') to more obvious continuity errors like the one above. Not what I would expect in the 11th novel from prominent publishing house. Pe ...more
Skylar
Jun 17, 2014 Ghawig rated it really liked it
3.5
Kyra Thompson
Oct 16, 2011 Kyra Thompson rated it it was amazing
This book is great for any horse lovers. It's a page turner and it was really hard to put down. I read it over the holidays and the book was a great distraction from other things that were going on around me. I've read almost all of the series because I find the book so good. They always end with either a relieving ending or an ending that leaves you hanging and makes you want to read the next one. I thought it was a really great book.
Elizabeth Berndt
Sep 27, 2013 Elizabeth Berndt rated it it was amazing
This book is AWESOME! Make sure you read the books before it in the Canterwood Crest series. I totally recomend this book, mainly if you like horses or want to learn more about them because I learned a lot from this book.
Michelle Arrow
Dec 10, 2012 Michelle Arrow rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boarding-school
I loved this one! I'm getting really sad that the series is ending soon! I love these characters! But at least there will be new characters!
Lauren
Apr 08, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it
Jessica
Nov 19, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Cynthia
Apr 03, 2011 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
I actually really liked this one, it didn't really have as much drama as I thought it would lol ...more
Katie
Mar 20, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathryn
Jul 30, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Love the canterwood crest series!!! Can't wait to read the next book!!
Sarah Senft
Jun 07, 2011 Sarah Senft rated it liked it
This book was good. I can't wait until the next book comes out!! It is sooo good.
Cameron
Now my favorite character would have to be Brit Chan. She's just so awesome!
Madison
Apr 14, 2013 Madison rated it liked it
Shelves:
This book is very good so far. Super mushy gushy xoxo though.
Sofiya
Nov 30, 2010 Sofiya rated it it was amazing
Great! Cannot wait until the next one Jan. 4. 2011!!!!!
Reba
Dec 11, 2014 Reba rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG the drama is just too much... HA HA HA!
Christine
Jul 22, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, own
Re-read fro July 21st 2014-July 22nd 2014,
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • Playing for Keeps (Wildwood Stables, #2)
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • Dream of Night
  • The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2)
  • Catch Rider
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Paint the Wind
  • Midnight Mystery (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #4)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)

“I slid the drawer closed and stood back, hands on my hips, surveying the room as mine for the first time since I’d moved in.” 0 likes
“you’ve got Charm.” 0 likes