Start by marking “Vengar the Barbarian” as Want to Read:
Vengar the Barbarian

Vengar the Barbarian (Vengar the Barbarian #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Age, a prehistoric era when men were mighty, women were buxom, and neither could be trusted in the dark. Into this melodramatic yet somehow lost epoch strides a mighty figure, a king cursed to never again remember his homeland who wanders the thousand and one kingdoms in search of what he's lost. His name is Vengar, and he's a barbarian.

Shudder wi
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vengar the Barbarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengar the Barbarian

Al
From the warped mind of Chris J. Randolph comes the first, but hopefully not last, story of “Vengar, the Barbarian.”

(Warped, who the heck am I to be calling someone I've never met warped? Ok, Mr. or Ms. Au Contraire - read the title. Now reconcile that with the classification Robinson used when placing this in the Amazon store. "Women's Fiction/Single Women." Yes, warped. But in a good way.)

As a man “women’s fiction” isn’t my usual reading fare. Nor are short stories or whatever genre this truly
Linda
I absolutely love this book - it's only flaw is being too short! It's masterfully written with a lot of humor, and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the author might come up with next.
Maria Hammarblad
There are times when you stumble over something more or less by accident, and it turns into a very pleasant surprise. To me, this short story is one of those things. It's funnny! Not laugh out loud funny, but absolutely tug at the mouth amusing.

Vengar the barbarian is a mighty warrior from a lost civilization, equipped with a ham sized heart, enormous muscles, and an equally mighty sword. The sword is very, very large, so large in fact that it defies reason. When his journeys take him to the ci
Chris Randolph
Jul 07, 2010 Chris Randolph rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm positively in love with this story... probably because I wrote it. Still, I think it's a cracking good time full of giggles, titters and guffaws. If you're a fan of any of the aforementioned physical reactions to comedy, then this story is quite likely for you. If, on the other hand, you have a medical condition that makes laughter dangerous, I'd strongly recommend you stay far, far away from it.

I've given it only 4 stars because of a personal grudge against the author.
Phil Smith
this book is hilarious. i stumbled upon it quite by accident after looking at the author's other works on amazon and it just blew me away. the writing is witty as hell and beautifully crafted. the scenes assembled in my mind perfectly and i would love nothing more than to see this made into some kind of short film of some kind. (hooray for redundancy!)

absolutely wonderful. masterfully written. i can not believe this author is not more well-known.

I DEMAND A FULL-LENGTH VENGAR NOVEL!
Katie
A quick, delightful read that had me giggling like a mad thing at every turn. Some very Douglas Adams-esque humor in places.
Alex
A quick and fun romp. I'll be on the lookout for more of Chris Randolph's works.
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Jeff Anderson
Jeff Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
James
James marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jack czarnecki
Jack czarnecki marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
Shaun Adkins
Shaun Adkins marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Writer of high adventure, dark drama, and quirky comedy, set in vibrant worlds that bend the imagination. Proud self-publisher, nerd, video game enthusiast, and Mexican-American.

Originally fabricated in Silicon Valley before being shipped to Rocklin, CA. Now plugged into a general purpose terminal, burning clock-cycles on text and image manipulation.

Looking to reinvent how independent authors shar
More about Chris J. Randolph...

Vengar the Barbarian (2 books)
  • The Salvaged Sword of Vengar (Vengar the Barbarian)
Stars Rain Down (Biotech Legacy, #1) Arcana Universalis: Terminus Arcana Universalis: Danse Macabre The Salvaged Sword of Vengar (Vengar the Barbarian) Long Fall (Biotech Legacy, #2)