McKnight in Shining Armor

McKnight in Shining Armor

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  14 reviews

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag tells a story of romance on the rebound in this classic novel about a woman torn between the demands of her career and the desires her new love has awoken within her.

When did love get so complicated? That’s the question Kelsie Connors keeps asking herself. Stung by a bitter divorce, Kelsie’s been married to her job as a high-e

Mass Market Paperback, Loveswept #276, 182 pages
Published September 1st 1988 by Bantam Books (first published August 1st 1988)

Marianne
McKnight in Shining Armour is the first stand-alone romance novel under the Loveswept banner by American author, Tami Hoag. Since her divorce, Kelsie Connors has become a one-woman whirlwind: raising her two children, volunteering for charities and running a business. she had no time or inclination for romance, especially if it leads to depending on a man again. But when she takes a chimp in to audition for an account at Alec McKnight’s office, as well as almost wrecking his office, she attracts...more
Anita Fleming
This is a very early romance by, now, heavy mystery writer, Tami Hoag. I love her early romances. They are fun, romantic, and sexy. McKnight in Shining Armor also has a very real plot and tells a tale of a guy, Alec who loves to rescue the damsel in distress. Kelsie is the single mom of 2 damsel in distress. The last thing (and most important thing) she needs in her stressed life is a guy and a relationship.

Kelsie's ex left her with very low self esteem. She built herself by starting her own bus...more
Patti
Book Description:

A young divorced woman, Kelsie Connors, has two children to raise while holding down two VERY unusual jobs. She's trying to be the complete Superwoman when she meets Alec McKnight. Their first encounter, while hilarious, holds the potential for disaster... as black lace lingerie flies through the air of the conservative advertising executive's office. But Alec is enchanted, not enraged -- and then Kelsie has to wonder if the "disaster" isn't what he's done to her heart.

This is t...more
Belinda
The cover of this book shows a tall and dark man sweeping a petite blond into his arms. The spine contains both raised, shiny writing and a bright red heart. There's no secondary characters, no plot twists and no literary allusions - this book is the novel equivalent of a giant block of Cadbury Dairy Milk (very sweet, creamy, bland and consistent). The book gets the job done and delivers what it promises to with no alarms and no surprises. I won't remember the title in two days times but at the...more
Just - The romance reader
The title caught my eye, but even still I started to put the book back on the shelf because I assumed it was a historical fiction, which I'm just not into. I was pleased to realize I was wrong.

Alec McKnight is a modern day knight in shining armor. From first meeting he knows Kelsie Connors needs rescuing, and he wants to be the McKnight to rescue her. Try as she may Kelsie can't seem to resist Alec's charms.

Fun and romantic. Hot and steamy at times.
Patty
I will not go out of my way to read another romance by Tami Hoag. There was nothing wrong with this book, it was a basic contemporary romance. However, I want more than sex in my romances. I want to care about the characters and no one in this book made me care. I gather Hoag has become a good thriller writer and so her earlier books are being reprinted. Sometimes these reprints are not a blessing and for me, that is true with this book.

Gail
I downloaded this book on my ereader because I've read Tami Hoag's suspense novels before and found them to be good.

I was disappointed to realize that this would be a romance novel. I figured it would be an easy beach read - There are a few humorous sections, but there was nothing original here. The characters and plot are predictable. From a suspense writer, I was hoping for a little more drama and intrigue.
Ronica
This a reprint of an earlier work by Tami Hoag.

I felt like this was a 3 1/2 star read, I did enjoy the story line overwork stressed out mother with too many things on her plate and the rich handsome knight in shining armor swoops in to save the day.

The thing that bother me the most were the typos, the H's name was Alexander McKnight but for some reason whenever his nickname is used it appears as Alec.
Kelly
Almost done this book and my best advice is that Ms. Hoag stick to her mystery/thriller genre. To be fair, this book was written in 1988 before she found her niche, but I really expected more. I'm not much of a romance reader anymore unless it is a secondary plotline, but really? They fall in love and tell each other in like 5 days? Really?!?
Yeesh, I'm going to struggle through the last 20 pages and move on.
Carol Malone
I guess I'm a sucker for romantic romps where the guys is too good to be believed. The situations are comical and the woman is stressed to the max. What woman in her right mind wouldn't want a perfect stranger to zip down and try his best to make things better. It's fantasy people. Takes us from our dulldrums and lifts us to the realm of impossible.
Fiona
Again, loving the quick romance read...what is it about them? Another great romance that romped along beautifully...I did wonder at one point though :) some great elements of uncertainty thrown in.
Leenah
It was a good book; I would recommend it to people who enjoy reading romantic love stories.
Holly
Oct 14, 2009 Holly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: fans of light romantic comedy
Shelves: 2009, romance
A quick, fun read. Romantic, funny and adorable. :)
Season
Cute story.
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Eve
Eve marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Sue Van
Sue Van marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Ladonna
Ladonna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Teresa Slater
Teresa Slater marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Tami Hoag is the #1 international bestselling author of thirty books. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times bestseller list with Night Sins, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. She lives in Southern California and Florida.
More about Tami Hoag...
Ashes to Ashes (Kovac/Liska, #1) Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2) Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1) Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake #2) Prior Bad Acts (Kovac/Liska, #3)