Start by marking “Bake!: Essential Techniques for Perfect Baking” as Want to Read:
Bake!: Essential Techniques for Perfect Baking

Bake!: Essential Techniques for Perfect Baking

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
After 30 years of teaching and writing eight cookbooks, Malgieri shares a collection of 20 essential techniques, with three to five variations thereof--outlining the easiest way to learn the essentials of baking.
Published September 16th 2010 by Kyle Cathie Limited

To ask other readers questions about Bake!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bake!

Janet
May 07, 2015 Janet rated it it was amazing
I never thought I would write a five-star review of a cookbook. So far, this book has been a great push for me to advance my baking repertoire. Found a recipe for the most amazing buttercream frosting without any grit at all! Love the explanations of cooking techniques and plan to find more books by this author. It is a great reference for beginners and more advanced bakers alike. A huge thanks to my in-laws for purchasing this off my Amazon Wish list for my birthday this year.
Lorraine
Jan 17, 2016 Lorraine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to bake.
Mr. Malgieri's simple two word statement "bake something" helps me to do just that! He uses these two words in both of the books of his I have. This one was a bit overwhelming when I look at the table of contents and see 20 chapters. I am intimidated. After reading his short intro, I begin to calm down. The picture on the opposite page from the table of contents, a picture of Mr. Malgieri and a few of his students, all smiling while Mr.Malgieri is scooping a white mixturing out of a mixing bowl ...more
Asma
Nov 26, 2011 Asma rated it liked it
overall it is good book for basic baking techniques. i loved the pictures they look delicious. i also liked how you can play with the recipe. the only thing i felt that this book does not have enough recipes i mean in the bread section there are just very few excamples of recipes and in the cookies too.
Sandie
Mar 28, 2012 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
His perfect white pan bread is divine. I have also tried the perfect merinque buttercream which is the same recipe as usual but his directions should make it seem easy even for the novice baker. Also made the rye bread and fococcia. His is superb as usual
JDAZDesigns
Jan 20, 2012 JDAZDesigns rated it it was amazing
I was afraid to bake until I read this book. It's filled with instructions, recipes and facts on how to make your baking process easier. This bad boy is filled with instructions and time savings. Oh, and the recipes ain't half bad either.
Cecily
Jan 14, 2013 Cecily rated it liked it
I was hoping this would be more about techniques and the 'hows' and 'whys' of baking. There are some recipes that I'm actually excited to try, however, such as puff pastry and homemade danishes.
Gina
Feb 06, 2011 Gina rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The recipes look good, but I hesitate to try any without knowing how they will turn out at a high altitude.
Dineen
Apr 06, 2012 Dineen rated it really liked it
An overall above-average baking book with recipes that work, and step-by-step techniques.
Erin
Jan 20, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
made gingerbread the other day - delicious - and today may do the muffin recipe!
Rebekah
Feb 17, 2011 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, 2011
The rye bread recipe is a keeper in our house!
Marian
Oct 12, 2010 Marian rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook
Great pictures beautiful book!
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2016
Joanne Lee
Joanne Lee rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Sarah added it
Jun 07, 2016
Luis Burgos
Luis Burgos rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Sara Luckey
Sara Luckey rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Tanne
Tanne added it
Apr 27, 2016
Penelope Coutas
Penelope Coutas rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Raes112
Raes112 marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Isadora
Isadora rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Cheryl Mook
Cheryl Mook marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Madina Amalia
Madina Amalia marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Sharon Teo
Sharon Teo rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Rachel Collins
Rachel Collins rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Jamjam
Jamjam marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015