Start by marking “Tiger: The Real Story” as Want to Read:
Tiger: The Real Story

Tiger: The Real Story

Before the scandal, the world knew very little about Tiger Woods. After the scandal, they knew even less.
Published May 4th 2010 by Da Capo Press (first published April 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger

Success
Jun 02, 2015 Success rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book which I took interest in reading from cover to cover. The book talks about a kid well known as Tiger Woods who takes passion in golf at a very young age and with the help of his dad, uses his talent in the sport to lure money,fame, fortune, and women. Tiger's name which appears globally to be synonymous with golf helps bring in millions of dollars for him and his family from signed contracts and several endorsements with GIllete, EA sports and Nike to name a few.

Unfortunately, h
Becky
Nov 10, 2010 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-non-fiction
this book was interesting - the "real" story of Tiger and the events revealed after his 2009 fall from grace. Author did do his homework - including excerpts from the 911 calls, media clips, etc. I enjoyed parts and was annoyed at others. Maybe it was because it was in audio book form, but the author seemed to jump around a lot in the overall time line of events (sometimes talking about current events and the next paragraph going back to events before he was even married.) Interesting insights i ...more
Colette
May 27, 2011 Colette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Despite a promising beginning,this book felt flat. The author did his homework and included some interesting tidbits about the car "accident" but the rest of the book left me wanting. Like most women,I was curious about why a man who seemed to have it all, appeared to be never satisfied. I am still curious. A good read if you like golf and want a little extra information on Tiger. Not so good, if you aren't a fan of golf and just have an inquiring mind about what makes Tiger tick.
Tara
Opened my eyes about Tiger.. I had heard some of this stuff before from the news/National Enquirer.. What a jerk... Good golfer yes, a person who I would want my children to look up to and respect, no... Hopefully he can do what he said he was going to do, make amends with his family and move on. Only time will tell.. But its a classic example of like father, like son.. If his role model was doing it, that is all he knows...
Mark Holencik
Jan 01, 2015 Mark Holencik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
The story of what it takes to be an expert in any field, no matter what limits society puts on you, is always an inspiration to go on. It gave me an insight into how much my support can mean to another person. I am not a golf fan, but the listing of his accomplishments and how they effected the financial future of not just himself but so many other people was eye opening.
Phil Simon
Mar 31, 2011 Phil Simon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
I hate to give negative reviews. I mean, really hate. It's just that this book doesn't live up to expectations. I agree with the other reviews that too much ink is wasted on the transcript of Tiger's public apology.

I learned very little that I didn't already know from reading, quite frankly, better books. If I had known much less about the man, I would have enjoyed the book more.
Vanessa
Jul 17, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a perfect window into the life of Tiger Woods. I always had questions about him as an individual, and the book helped to answer many lingering questions. Helling's maintained my interest throughout the entire book. I recommend this short read to anyone who has had a slight interest in Tiger Woods
Curtis
There's not much here that the casual golf fan doesn't already know. Yet, I found parts of Tiger: The Real Story very captivating. The book is fairly tame, and I question how much of it is the "real story". Nevertheless, it's light summer reading that makes me want to dust off the clubs and play.
Harish B
An interesting read. My perception about Tiger Woods was shaped by the ads of Accenture . This book gives an inside view of the life of one of the greatest players in Golf. I was disappointed a bit because there was nothing noteworthy in the book about the rigorous training and discipline which shaped his career. However, the book is easy to read with limited takeaways.
Ron
Aug 03, 2011 Ron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inside look at Tiger Woods and his dad and mother, both as a boy and as a pro golfer. Much of the book deals with the shaping of tiger's personality as he grows to become a golf superstar under his dad's relentless, overbearing pursuit of perfection. A sad and disturbing picture of a great athlete who had everything and yet self-destructed.
Betsy
Jul 09, 2010 Betsy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-2010
This was a reasonable book that explained the upbringing and pre-scandal lifestyle of Tiger Woods. This man was raised to be a competitor and accomplish what he set out to do, regardless of the means utilized. I do not condone the behavior of Tiger Woods, but this book provides some understanding into why it might have occurred.
Terri
Jul 11, 2010 Terri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bios
The title doesn't really come through and I was naive to think it would. The writer explains how, in his history of covering Tiger, writers who don't speak highly of Tiger are left out in the cold. While I did learn some things of Tiger's life, this read to me more like a press release, approved by Tiger. I think I'd much rather hear Elin's story, from her point of view.
Artzi Hiltunen
This book had been translated into Finnish language ("Tiger Woods: Ihminen legendan takana").
The translation was not too good and I found out that there has been three persons translating this one little book.
Tim
Jun 24, 2010 Tim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the biggest wastes of time I have ever had reading a book. Virtually nothing in it was revealing in any way. Plenty of other books written about Tiger have covered the exact same ground, and there was nearly no new material at all. Wish I'd not have spent the time.
Mr. George
well written golf lore...albeit a bit leaning to hearsay, it does try to keep the dignity of this champion in one piece. Most interestingly, Earle Woods has a most interesting story behind the story of Tiger.
Brad Larsen
Poorly edited. Background information very stock and common. The last 1/5 of the book was where it got interesting talking about the news at the end of the scandal. But by and large, this book feels like it was rushed to publish to strike while the iron was hot.
Catherine
interesting
Harmony
More about tigers relationship w media then a bio
jon
Feb 01, 2013 jon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, good writer, no surprises, but insights; sad story--modern (Greek) tragedy!
Suzanne
Jul 18, 2010 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for everyone, even if you aren't a fan of golf.
Åsa
Åsa rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Ashish Sharma
Sep 06, 2015 Ashish Sharma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book is nothing but collection of sensational journalism. No depth at all. Totally avoidable.
Ashley Halley
Ashley Halley rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2010
Calvin
Calvin rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Aaron Strouse
Aaron Strouse rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Leonard Morgan
Leonard Morgan rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Sasha Neser
Sasha Neser rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2017
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Michael Brown
Michael Brown rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014