Sarah's Sin

Sarah's Sin

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  14 reviews
From award-winning author Tami Hoag comes a warm, moving story of two cultures in conflict and two hearts in love.

Matt Thorne had come to his sister's rural inn to recover from an injury far from the city and his fast-paced life as an emergency room physician. Drifting between sleep and waking, Matt didn't trust his eyes when he saw the young woman who sat at his bedside i...more
Published November 1st 1992 by Fanfare (first published July 1991)

Carrie
2.5* Not terrible, but underdeveloped plot and characters.
Diane
Shirley Owl
Matt is a doctor in busy city ER - there is fight between two rival gangs - matt gets shot in the leg and cracked ribs etc. he goes to stay with his sister that runs a inn at Jessie. This has a large very strict Armish community. Sarah is assigned to look after matt as his sister is called away. Matt thinks he is dreaming when he first sees Sarah in her armish clothes . This book tells there story. I liked this because it was different - you did get a snap shot of things from an armish view poin...more
Sandy
Predictable but fun easy read. Nice glimpse into Amish life.
Tiffany
The reason I continued reading Ms. Hoag's grim, death-infested WIJ novels--one after another--was to rediscover the sweetness and light of this one book--the first of hers I read. Clearly based on the romance in the film The Witness, "Sarah's Sin" was fully satisfying. Sarah was a tangible, loveable, completely flesh and blood woman, whose dilemma wrenched me and moved me, and made me want to live a better life.
Morgiana
This was a nice read for a weekend, but nothing more - the characters were good written, the storyline is also good, but there were no 'OMG' moments in this.
I enjoyed to have a little glimpse into the Amish lifestyle, but there was nothing I would read this book again and again.
Recommended for just an easy, light summer day - you shouldn't use too much brain while you are reading it.:)
Margherita Dolcevita
In linea di massima è una boiata. Anche all'inverosimiglianza ci deve essere un limite. E se in un romanzo storico alcune assurdità possono essere tollerate, in un romanzo contemporaneo non si possono sentire. Ha il pregio di essere breve e sintetico, nel senso che da quando lui gliela chiede a quando lei -AMISH e VEDOVA!!!- si arrovella d'amore per lui passano giusto quelle tre pagine.
Jackie
Matt and Sarah come from different worlds but their love unites them in a way no upbringing can withstand. Far from the dark and disturbing fare that am used to reading from Tami Hoag this sweet romance may have been released in 1991 but even in 2013 it warms a romance lovers heart!
Carol Malone
In romance choices must be made for the developing love. Too bad it had to be Sarah that forsakes her religion for her love.
Shawnte
I'm glad that I got this book from the library. It's a very slow read. Not really holding my interest at all.
Lesli
Definitely NOT the suspense/thriller side of Hoag. Reminds me a lot of The Witness with Harrison Ford.
Roxanne
I LOVE Tami Hoag's twisted mysteries. This one felt like an attempt to be Nora Roberts...an unnecessary read
Tina
I prefer Ms. Hoag's mysteries. I read this out of curiosity and it was OK.
Shannon
Love her books.
2 Worlds...2 beliefs, 2 hearts. A great romance.
Verity
Feb 28, 2009 Verity added it
Shelves: hoag-tami
2 COPIES
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jul 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
LB
LB added it
Jul 08, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
Jul 03, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Sherry
Sherry added it
Jun 17, 2014
  • Larger Than Life
  • Strong, Hot Winds
  • The Spiral Path
  • Fallen Angel
  • Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga, #5)
  • Rogues' Reform (Lester Family, #1-3)
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Bad Boy of New Orleans
  • Temperatures Rising
  • Surrender  (Florida Civil War, #4)
  • Kiss and Tell (Sunrise Key Trilogy #1)
Tami Hoag is the #1 international bestselling author of thirty books. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times bestseller list with Night Sins, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. She lives in Southern California and Florida.
More about Tami Hoag...
Ashes to Ashes (Kovac/Liska, #1) Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2) Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1) Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake #2) Prior Bad Acts (Kovac/Liska, #3)