Start by marking “Sarah's Sin” as Want to Read:
Sarah's Sin

Sarah's Sin

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  660 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
From award-winning author Tami Hoag comes a warm, moving story of two cultures in conflict and two hearts in love.

Matt Thorne had come to his sister's rural inn to recover from an injury far from the city and his fast-paced life as an emergency room physician. Drifting between sleep and waking, Matt didn't trust his eyes when he saw the young woman who sat at his bedside i
Published November 1st 1992 by Fanfare (first published July 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sarah's Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah's Sin

Carrie
Mar 21, 2010 Carrie rated it it was ok
2.5* Not terrible, but underdeveloped plot and characters.
Jeanne
Apr 10, 2015 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Dr. Matt Thorne is recovering at his sister's rural inn, from a gun shot and other injuries suffered in the ER of the hospital where he was the ER physician. Taking care of him and the inn is an Amish woman, Sarah Troyer. Both so different, but drawn together by a mutual actraction. Will she give up her Amish ways to be with him? Can he keep from loving her? A good little love story.
Diane
Sep 05, 2012 Diane rated it it was ok
Shirley Owl
Feb 12, 2013 Shirley Owl rated it really liked it
Matt is a doctor in busy city ER - there is fight between two rival gangs - matt gets shot in the leg and cracked ribs etc. he goes to stay with his sister that runs a inn at Jessie. This has a large very strict Armish community. Sarah is assigned to look after matt as his sister is called away. Matt thinks he is dreaming when he first sees Sarah in her armish clothes . This book tells there story. I liked this because it was different - you did get a snap shot of things from an armish view poin ...more
Lynn Orser
Oct 27, 2014 Lynn Orser rated it did not like it
Shelves: other
Typical early Tami Hoag book. I don't read romance novels but enjoy Tami Hoag's book so I am reading all her novels.
Maura
Sandy
May 19, 2014 Sandy rated it liked it
Predictable but fun easy read. Nice glimpse into Amish life.
Tiffany
Apr 09, 2013 Tiffany rated it liked it
The reason I continued reading Ms. Hoag's grim, death-infested WIJ novels--one after another--was to rediscover the sweetness and light of this one book--the first of hers I read. Clearly based on the romance in the film The Witness, "Sarah's Sin" was fully satisfying. Sarah was a tangible, loveable, completely flesh and blood woman, whose dilemma wrenched me and moved me, and made me want to live a better life.
Morgiana
May 06, 2013 Morgiana rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a nice read for a weekend, but nothing more - the characters were good written, the storyline is also good, but there were no 'OMG' moments in this.
I enjoyed to have a little glimpse into the Amish lifestyle, but there was nothing I would read this book again and again.
Recommended for just an easy, light summer day - you shouldn't use too much brain while you are reading it.:)
Margherita Dolcevita
Nov 14, 2010 Margherita Dolcevita rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookmoochati, romance
In linea di massima è una boiata. Anche all'inverosimiglianza ci deve essere un limite. E se in un romanzo storico alcune assurdità possono essere tollerate, in un romanzo contemporaneo non si possono sentire. Ha il pregio di essere breve e sintetico, nel senso che da quando lui gliela chiede a quando lei -AMISH e VEDOVA!!!- si arrovella d'amore per lui passano giusto quelle tre pagine.
Jackie
Matt and Sarah come from different worlds but their love unites them in a way no upbringing can withstand. Far from the dark and disturbing fare that am used to reading from Tami Hoag this sweet romance may have been released in 1991 but even in 2013 it warms a romance lovers heart!
Carol Malone
Sep 07, 2011 Carol Malone rated it liked it
In romance choices must be made for the developing love. Too bad it had to be Sarah that forsakes her religion for her love.
Shawnte
Apr 14, 2009 Shawnte rated it liked it
I'm glad that I got this book from the library. It's a very slow read. Not really holding my interest at all.
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2009
Definitely NOT the suspense/thriller side of Hoag. Reminds me a lot of The Witness with Harrison Ford.
Roxanne
Mar 09, 2011 Roxanne rated it liked it
I LOVE Tami Hoag's twisted mysteries. This one felt like an attempt to be Nora Roberts...an unnecessary read
Kristal Taylor
Jul 30, 2014 Kristal Taylor rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. But usually love books written by Tami Hoag.
Tina
Aug 25, 2012 Tina rated it it was ok
I prefer Ms. Hoag's mysteries. I read this out of curiosity and it was OK.
Shannon
Love her books.
2 Worlds...2 beliefs, 2 hearts. A great romance.
Verity
Feb 28, 2009 Verity added it
Shelves: hoag-tami
2 COPIES
Diane Philyaw
Diane Philyaw marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Elisa Reilly
Elisa Reilly marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Leann Holtman-counts
Leann Holtman-counts is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016
Thomas W Campbell
Thomas W Campbell rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Jen
Jen added it
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Chris Lewis
Chris Lewis marked it as to-read
Diane Cole
Diane Cole marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Kathleen Corbett
Kathleen Corbett marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
  • Vixen (V, #3)
  • Just a Kiss Away
  • The Burning Point
  • Deadly Desire (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #4)
  • Desert Prince, Expectant Mother
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • Claimed by the Desert Sheikh
  • Ritual of Proof
  • Food Pets Die For: Shocking Facts About Pet Food
  • The Perfect Fake
  • You Can Run...
  • Distant Desires: Part Two
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Sound of Snow
  • Last Bridge Home (Sedikhan, #11)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Eloquent Silence
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more
More about Tami Hoag...