Start by marking “Empowered, Volume 6 (Empowered, #6)” as Want to Read:
Empowered, Volume 6 (Empowered, #6)

Empowered, Volume 6 (Empowered #6)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  307 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
After a fiery disaster claims the lives of several teammates, costumed crimefighter Empowered stumbles upon an ugly little secret of the masks-and-tights business: a growing number of ill-fated superheroes have found out the hard way that, while their bodies are still mortal, their superpowers are not. Now, only our downtrodden but doggedly determined heroine can save the ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Dark Horse Books (first published September 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Empowered, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empowered, Volume 6

Jason
The intensity continues where it left off from the last volume. Way more superhero-y than ever before, but because we know the characters so well, the suspense has you on the edge of your seat! Really interesting new storyline with the dead capes. Interesting that Willy Pete has been put on the back burner again. He can't be vanquished soon enough! Another great villain with Death Monger, wonder if we've seen the last of him. So sorry d-bag Havoc survied his nuclear outnurst, btw. Can't stand hi ...more
Chibineko
Jan 20, 2012 Chibineko rated it it was amazing
The next volume can't come out soon enough and I mean that. The series is progressing at an incredibly rapid rate and I'm really jonesing for my next Empowered fix.

The last volume ended on a pretty sad note, with the death of Mindf__. Sistah Spooky is heartbroken and practically comatose with grief. To make matters worse, she can't get her dead ex out of her mind... literally. This really shows us a deeper aspect to Spooky's character and also opens up the door for a different sort of relations
Will
Jul 14, 2011 Will rated it it was amazing
The bit I like most? The totally blase reaction the media has to the deaths of several superheroes. It's not just that they're not surprised. No, they have a betting pool on which supervillains are going to do the most damage. It's entertainment for the media, and it's gruesome in a way that tells you how little superheroes are thought of once they're gone. Superheroes are in it for the ego, or for the pure exercise of power, or simply to get laid. The world praises them, flatters them, and then ...more
Holden Attradies
Mar 16, 2015 Holden Attradies rated it really liked it
Warren continues his gradual, subtle, yet amazing world building. I love that the stakes on what started out as a silly, vapid story have gotten so big. Every volume this continues to grow from an almost one note joke into something so big and easy to get lost on.

Like all the rest I blew through this one and am ready to start the next one! I'm hoping we can get some big plot resolution in that issue, although I'm okay with things continuing to build like they have.
Lina
Jan 30, 2016 Lina rated it liked it
It is hard to image that a graphic novel that has a heroine who is almost naked nearly all the time would be one of the best comic out there, but that is the reality. Volume five is probably the high bar that the series has set, but volume 6 is a very strong continuation of Emp's story as a hero and a person. We also get fun side stories for her friends and I'm looking forward to whatever crazy shit happens next.
Biscuitz
Jan 06, 2014 Biscuitz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is more than it appears to be, more in fact than it purports to be. It presents itself on face value as an exploitative, borderline misogynistic effort and that may be its conception.

It is however in fact anything but, its hilarious for starters, the characters are engaging, the overall story is multi layered and the stories in each book are well written.

The art work is in pencils and its the best example of pencil work I've seen.
Rich Barrett
Sep 27, 2010 Rich Barrett rated it liked it
This book continues to impress with it's sense of humor and unexpectedly good characterization. Bits like the radio call-in show for superhero fans where one fan is excited that an obscure villain he had in his fantasy league helped his team rank by killing a whole bunch of heroes is a really clever take on fandom. I always find the action scenes in this book are less interesting than everything else and that's still the case here. Warren also seems to constantly get caught up in overly written ...more
Vanessa
Dec 17, 2014 Vanessa rated it really liked it
There's some really great sections, but it takes a little while for this volume to really get going. There was a lot of really interesting world-building in this volume, which is somewhat unexpected for the series but really welcome. There's still a good amount of character development and humor. The art for the series is usually about the same in each volume, but the action sequences were pretty good in this one, and there were more than usual. The slower beginning and middle are the only major ...more
Sean
Nov 18, 2010 Sean added it
Little uncertain of how I felt about this book. The superhero world of Capes is interesting, and much darker than I thought. The fan service is either something you enjoy or something you don't--and here I was very much in the latter camp. Overall, I enjoyed this, and will be back for the next collection. I'm just not yet in the rabid fan basecamp of those who *really really* like EMPOWERED.
M
Aug 02, 2011 M rated it liked it
In what was going to be Adam Warren last foray into his Empowered tomes, the book adds in new characters, funy gimmicks, and makes Warren realize that he must continue onward. While he does apply color to his inks with two one-shot comics that follow this, the treat is the news of a volume seven on its way!
Eulercauchy
Jul 26, 2014 Eulercauchy rated it really liked it
Great book, story moved along nicely. I might be getting burnt out on this though.
Adriane
Sep 19, 2011 Adriane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
This was brilliant, I want more, but I found out the next volume won't be out for a while, it isn't even available to pre-order, c'mon Warren, get with it, I want me more scantily clad heroine action!
Joseph
Feb 04, 2012 Joseph rated it it was ok
Mostly incoherent, and far too wrapped up in the plot and going for shock value to pay attention to the little character moments that made this series more than just T&A.
Bianca Woods
Nov 02, 2010 Bianca Woods rated it it was amazing
As usual, consistently well-written and beautifully drawn. Adam Warren manages to keep a great balance between silly and thoughtful.
Tom
Mar 07, 2011 Tom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I'll keep this short: Empowered becomes totally badass in this book, and it is impossible not to love it (and her) for it.
Koen Claeys
Sep 26, 2013 Koen Claeys rated it liked it
By the time you get to volume 6 you should pretty much know what to expect ;-)
Andre
Aug 22, 2012 Andre rated it liked it
Another empowered book with the same humour and 4th panel satire.
Veronica Bailey
Oct 20, 2010 Veronica Bailey rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovel
When is the next volume out, please?
Angie
May 10, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
See reviews from books book 1 and 4
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Salvatore Cucinotta
Salvatore Cucinotta rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Ahmed
Ahmed added it
Feb 09, 2016
Hels
Hels marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Michelle Taylor
Michelle Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Wunderbrot
Wunderbrot rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Kathy Joy
Kathy Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Bur
Bur rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
  • Madame Mirage, Volume 1
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 3
  • Forgetless
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 6 (Highschool of the Dead, #6)
  • Elephantmen, Vol. 2: Fatal Diseases
  • Two-Step
  • Skullkickers Vol. 1: 1000 Opas and a Dead Body
  • New X-Men by Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection - Book 2
  • Dawn: Lucifer's Halo (Dawn, #1)
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 3
  • Tenjo Tenge, Vol. 1 (Tenjho Tenge #1-2)
  • Polly and the Pirates, Volume 1 (Polly & the Pirates, #1)
  • Batgirl, Vol. 1:  Silent Running
  • Powers, Vol. 11: Secret Identity
  • Sunstone Volume 3
Adam Warren (born 1967) is an American comic book writer and artist who is most famous for his adaptation of Dirty Pair into an American comic book, and for being one of the first American commercial illustrators to be influenced by the general style of manga.
More about Adam Warren...

Empowered (9 books)
  • Empowered, Volume 1 (Empowered, #1)
  • Empowered, Volume 2 (Empowered, #2)
  • Empowered, Volume 3 (Empowered, #3)
  • Empowered, Volume 4 (Empowered, #4)
  • Empowered, Volume 5 (Empowered, #5)
  • Empowered, Volume 7 (Empowered, #7)
  • Empowered, Volume 8 (Empowered, #8)
  • Empowered Volume 9 (Empowered, #9)