Start by marking “Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost” as Want to Read:
Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost
Preview

Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost (Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost )

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  14 reviews
From the mystical city of Shambhalla to the ends of the Earth comes a tale of magic, mystery and the motivations of power. It is the world of Ala ad-Din, better known as ALADDIN.

Thief, gambler, liar and cheat, Aladdin’s reckless soul falls under the eye of the sorcerer Qassim, who has spent his life scouring the sands for the Dreaming Jewel. This lost relic of shattering p
Published October 5th 2010 by Radical Publishing (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Aladdin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aladdin

Kurt
This volume is a collection of painted comics telling a version of the Aladdin story. I confess, my main exposure to the story is the Disney movie, although I'm aware that the source material from 1001 Arabian Nights tends to be darker than Disney's kid-friendly version (much like Grimm's Fairy Tales). This book touches on many of the story points in the movie's plot, but with a gorgeously painted darkness that is fascinating and unforgettable.

The artwork is similar to the work that Clayton Crai
Karissa
This was a beautifully done graphic novel retelling of Aladdin. Definitely more of an adult take on the tale. I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Aladdin is a thief who grabs the attention of the sorcerer Qassim. Qassim wants Aladdin to help him steal the Jewel of Dreaming because Aladdin has a secret power. Little does Aladdin know he will be drawn into a battle between two genies and two kingdoms.

The thing that will immediately grab your attention is the absolutely stunning artwork. It is full color, e
Justin
A very interesting spin on the classic tale. Aladdin pickpockets and after witnessing this an evil lord asks him to steal price jewels and a lamp.

Only read a snippet of this but it's really good, will definitely check out full version. The illustrations alone are worth 2 stars. They are done in a painted like style, 2nd comic I've read to have this style. If you like great illustrations and enjoy the classic tale of Aladdin you should enjoy this.
Jessica
Appeal Characteristics: re-working of a fairy tale classic, adventure, thrills, chills, dark, soupy, gritty, art realistic, fast-paced

You go from wanting to sing the Disney songs...to screaming with fear in this rendition. The only thing it has in common with the Disney version is its name. Never fear though! I actually liked the story. It follows the same story line (it makes me want to actually read the original tale now)as Aladdin isn't this care-free boy, but a hot-headed schemer who trusts
Trey Conrad
Aug 23, 2012 Trey Conrad rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who know little about Aladdin
This book really surprised me. It's quickly become a favorite of mine simply because of the art but the story certainly isn't lacking. It's sad that in this day and age the immediate thought of Aladdin conjures the sugar coated Disney adventure. While this story smartly makes tongue in cheek nods at the famous film it is definitely in a league of its own. Aladdin is quite the scoundrel who then develops into an excelled adventurer. The Djinns are amazingly designed and very well written. The wri ...more
Matthew
This is a fair retelling of the Aladdin story from the original Arabian Nights Tales. Although this version is more mature and significantly darker than the popular Disney version, it's still fairly tame and westernized when compared to the original. That said, it's a fairly decent fantasy tale filled with magic and adventure.

The artwork, while technically accomplished, just doesn't work for me. It's often very dark in color, making it just plain hard to see what's going on. His storytelling, p
Alan
Arthur Suydam states in the forward that writer Ian Edington combines multiple tellings of the Sinbad and Aladdin tales that been done over the years. Perhaps that is why this is only a good, slightly better than average, read. Concentrating on one thread would have been a better idea, and I would have liked more about the djinn of the ring and the lamp and their love story which I found the to be the newest and most interesting twist on this standard tale.
Angela
A beautiful adaptation of Aladdin. The artwork is stunning. The story is a little different from the Disney one we all know, but that works to its advantage because you do not know what happens next. There's enough action scenes and plot twists to please everybody. It's a bit gory and the there is some bad language so not for the kids.
minervasowl
Whenever I read a graphic novel of this level of artistry, I am always amazed that every drawing in the book started out as a blank page.

The art is stunning and the real reason to read and savor this book. The story is familiar and well done, with a few twists. I do hope that the series continues.
sixthreezy
Read Issue #1 for free on Comixology. Wow, this was awesome. Always loved the Disney movie, and that's all I know of this popular story. The art is fantastic, and that alone makes me want to continue reading this. Also the fact that it's very dark, love it.
harlequin {Stephanie}
First issue was uninspiring and a drawn out repeat of what we already know just with very lovely art. Second issue seemed to be the same... about halfway through was when we see some real storytelling.
Dave
Nice artwork but story never reaches its full potential. Action scenes are particularly unsatisfying and characters weave in and out with little to differentiate them.
Kerry
The artwork for this is absolutely stunning so I gave it 4 stars. The story? Meh, it was alright, but nothing to get excited about.
Susan
Nov 03, 2011 Susan marked it as comics
bought #3 b/c of the Royo cover... now to get the first two so I can read it
Sappho
Sappho marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Deborah Gemmell
Deborah Gemmell marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Ahmed M.Muhammed
Ahmed M.Muhammed marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Ian Terry
Ian Terry marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Pa Sd
Pa Sd marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Edginton sees part of the key to his success coming from good relationships with artists, especially D'Israeli and Steve Yeowell as well as Steve Pugh and Mike Collins. He is best known for his steampunk/alternative history work (often with the artist D'Israeli) and is the co-creator of Scarlet Traces, a sequel to their adaptation of H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. With 2000 AD we has written L ...more
More about Ian Edginton...

Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost (7 books)
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost #1
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost #2
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost #3
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost (Volume 1, Book 1): Legacy of the Lost
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost (Volume 1, Book 2): Legacy of the Lost
  • Aladdin: Legacy of the Lost (Volume 1, Book 3): Legacy of the Lost
The Picture of Dorian Gray: A Graphic Novel The Hound of the Baskervilles A Study in Scarlet Hinterkind Vol. 1: The Waking World Victorian Undead: Sherlock Holmes Vs Zombies