Lost and Found

Lost and Found

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sometimes even a hero needs someone to save him.

Mark Connor doesn't feel like a hero even though he served two tours in Vietnam and survived a vicious ambush that took the lives of all but a handful of men. But he lost his best friend and lover, and now he refuses to be close to anyone. That makes his instant attraction to Josh a real problem.

Josh Myers hires on with Mark...more
Published June 21st 2010 by Lyrical Press (first published January 1st 2010)

Kassa
Val’s review convinced me to get this book a try (as her reviews often do) and wow, I’m so happy it did. This well written novel is stunning and it tackles some very interesting questions. Often in fiction readers, and authors, struggle with the idea of authenticity and whether a character or action is “realistic.” Even though it’s fiction, readers want a story that’s believable. Here the author offers characters that are completely believable and infused with such honesty you can’t help but kno...more
Erotic Horizon
This is another book that I was sucked in by the blurb and it really had me on the fence about deciding if it was my own personal pet peeve that stops me from seeing what a wonderful book this was.

LOST AND FOUND is a fairly short read but I would not say it is an easy read. Almost the entire story takes place in an isolated beach house that is being renovated by Mark Connor and as such everything feels more intense.

Mark operates as a sole building contractor where possible and he does well at th...more
Toni
Lost and Found is a story of two men from two era of conflict, society’s reaction to their sexual orientations, as well as their own acceptance of it, and how they’ve emerged wounded and damaged into the present. It’s a short story but an extremely touching one, with immense emotion packed into its few pages. There’s surprising little actual sex in the story, characterization and plot here appearing more important. Mark’s disillusionment and desire to keep his memories alive are well contrasted...more
Tj
A surprising book. I expected to struggle a lot more with this story. I haven't served in the military or had any experience with the physical danger and the resulting psychological trauma that results from that. Mark is a Vietnam vet so damaged from the lost of many friends and his lover in the war, he barely is alive inside. Josh comes to help with the remodeling of a home. While there he sees the pain in Mark. He recognizes it for what it is because he has dealt with violence while in the mil...more
Lilladii
this was uh an okay read. nothing that was great but it wasnt all bad. sadly this wasnt something that kept me interested. the characters were kind of flat for me both as individuals and with the attraction. but it had its moments where I felt it was enjoyable. so with that ill rate it a 3☆☆☆
Meggie
Wow this story was full of emotions, humor and sarcasm. I loved this couple. Both were damaged from wars but still they clicked instantly. They both were on same wave line, even being so different. This story was definitely hard if you consider the topic of this story, but even so, it was really well written book. Definitely recommended story!!
Rachel Thompson
Overall, a pretty good read. Had problems not snickering out loud at the sometimes awful dialog, but otherwise the characters were likable and entertaining. Read this in one afternoon, so it was good enough for me to keep turning pages.
Dena
Dena added it
Jul 19, 2014
Sunshinewrinkley
Sunshinewrinkley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
sassygirl
sassygirl marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
ObsidianCub
ObsidianCub marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jun 07, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Kelly  Maybedog
Kelly Maybedog marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Wai
Wai added it
Apr 12, 2014
BeaC
BeaC marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Maura
Maura added it
Jan 21, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Josh
Josh added it
Dec 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Gwenna Sebastian lives in Upstate New York with her husband and three cats. She has been writing since she was a teenager and over the last ten years has developed a keen interest in all things related to the Vietnam War.

Gwenna's true love is creating complicated characters who are active or former military and writing about the relationships they form under the duress of war. More specifically, a...more
More about Gwenna Sebastian...
VN2