Die Ehre der Prinzen.

Die Ehre der Prinzen. (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #5)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,043 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"Dämonen! Gestaltwandler!" So rief man ihnen lange Zeit hinterher. Vormals galten die Cheysuli als die Getreuesten des Königs von Homana. In Gestalt von Wölfen oder Falken dienten sie ihm mit ihrer Magie. Doch seit einer der ihren eine Prinzessin entführte, nehmen die Kämpfe aller Art kein Ende.

Brennan, den Thronfolger von Homana, bedrohen die mörderischen Ihlini-Magier. S...more
Published 1997 by Heyne (first published February 2nd 1988)

Richard Houchin
The Chronicles of the Cheysuli series is the first fantasy epic I read. In fact, it's one of the few series I read repeatedly, likely due to my young age and limited literary horizons.

Nevertheless, these books shaped my first views on philosophy, religion, sexuality, racism, and sexism. The responsible way Roberson handles these issues is inspiring and commendable.

On returning to read these books in later years, some of the characters and plot devices appear hackneyed and cliched, and some of t...more
Knitwit Tarvin
I remember not really liking the character Hart the first times I read this series. As a more mature adult, I think I understand him better, hence I enjoyed this book more than I had before. It's always a little strange going back and re-reading a favorite series from a different point in your life. You view things differently because of your own life experiences. I am still thoroughly enjoying resubmersing myself in this world.
Victoria
After re-reading the fourth installment for the who-knows-how-many-th time, I thought it was my favorite of the entire series... but now that I have finished re-reading this fifth book in the series, I am starting to think that maybe it is my favorite after all. Told from alternating third-person perspectives, the story relays the story of Niall’s three sons - Brennan, Hart and Corin. The story opens when they are little more than spoiled adolescents, but as the novel progresses all three mature...more
Mark
Despite the switching of perspectives (of which I'm not a huge fan in general) actually I thought this really was one of the best books in the set. With multiple proponents the pace picked up to a more enjoyable level for me, which I felt the prior few books had been lacking.
Caroline
One of my favorite fantasy series. I loved the complexity here, and the multi-generational story that was so immersive. There are some rough bits here and there, but it really is a satisfying story in many ways.
Alex
Again, a series I was completely hesitant to take on...specially after having loved the Dragonlance charcters so much...I never thought I would care again...but there you go. Great series.
Tammy
I loved this series - and especially this book in particular, sooo much as a young teenager, that I named my firstborn, Brennan, after the firstborn son in this book!
Theresa
looking at the brothers of this dynamic series of sibling shape changers
Joe
Very good world that Roberson builds here.
Christine
See my review of the first book, Shapechangers.
Kendra
W.A.
W.A. added it
Jun 30, 2014
Ruman
Ruman marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Mik
Mik marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 12, 2014
  • The Dragon Token (Dragon Star, #2)
  • The Western Wizard (Renshai Trilogy, #2)
  • The Sun Sword (The Sun Sword, #6)
  • The Rival (The Fey #3)
  • The Sword and the Chain (Guardians of the Flame, #2)
  • The Black Raven (The Dragon Mage, #2)
Jennifer Mitchell Roberson O'Green is an author of fantasy and historical literature. Roberson has lived in Arizona since 1957. She grew up in Phoenix, but in 1999 relocated to Flagstaff. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in journalism from Northern Arizona University. Roberson had spent her final semester in England at the University of London. This enabled her to do indepth research at castles...more
More about Jennifer Roberson...
Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1) Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2) Shapechangers (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #1) Sword-Breaker (Tiger and Del, #4) Sword-Maker (Tiger and Del, #3)