Start by marking “Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)” as Want to Read:

Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features #1)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  21 reviews
When Grampa and Wiley sneak out of the house on a stormy Halloween night to attend Colonel Dracula's Monster Truck Spectacular, they run into trouble from which only Gramma and an F5 tornado can save them.
ebook
Published December 14th 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular

Chris
Excellent!
_____

"Wiley," said Grampa, "if we wanna make it to the truck show in time, we're gonna have to cut through those woods."

"You mean those dark, scary, wild animal-infested woods?" I asked nervously.

"Why, that's the best kind, my boy!"
_____

Inside, the place was a madhouse, stuffed to the brim with freaky people.

"Grampa," I said, "all these fans look pretty weird."

"It's Halloween, Wiley!" said Grampa. "Everyone's wearing costumes . . . or just really ugly."

Vlad, the Impala!

"Don't
Monster
During a stormy Halloween night, overcoming a F5 Tornado and an angry Gramma, Wiley and his Grampa take a break from their monster movie marathon to go to the Monster Truck Spectacular, a monster truck show put on by Colonel Dracula. Once there they are invited by Dracula to visit his backstage lair where thrills and chills await them. Kirk Scroggs includes the proper mix of monster and humor in both story and art. While kids may not get all the jokes and references, the adults sure will, which ...more
Kathie
This will be an easy sell!
Vonnegut
I looooooooooooove this book! It is soooooooo cool. If I could well, that is, if you could give them whatever stars you want, how many numbers there are, how much you can think of, I here would give that book 99 thousand and 99 thousand and 99 thousand infinity.
Molly
Great read alike for the Captain Underpants/ Lenny and Mel/ or any good funny boy beginning chapter book. Funny pictures great story and a cover that really does not need me to help sell it to any audience. Grades 2+
Jay
Short, but very very funny. I have finally found a book series that might be able to run against the Junie B. Jones books. Oh, these books would still lose to Junie, but at least they'd try to compete.
Julie
The "Wiley and Grampa" series was recommended over and over to me by a third grade boy and i could TOTALLY see why. Fans of Captain Underpants will enjoy these short (sometimes gross) chapter books.
Tai Alexandria
this book was very interesting you would think that the granpa being so old he would be aware of his surrounding and teach wiley that too
Umar
this book was a kind of freaky book. Dracula's married to i think gram pa's wife. it is so mest up

ps im married to a ghost
Trevor
Pure fun through and through -- gives new meaning to the phrase, "monster truck" if you catch my drift!

Jami
Funny in a totally ridiculous way that gets my 8 year old son excited to read, and want to read more!
Yasmin
This is a very funny kids' book with adorable characters and drawings.
I hope to read the whole series.
Kristin
Fans of Captain Underpants or American/Michigan Chillers will enjoy this one.
Darin
My seven year old twins loved listening to this one.
whitney
Oct 18, 2007 whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with 14 minutes to kill.
shocking and wonderful. grandpa kicked that vampire's ass!
Tai
all i can say is this book was hilarious
Sisp4c_ryanlee
great!It was a nice story
Erika
This was a funny book! :D
Erin
Kind of funny.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Monia
Monia marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Stephen Connell
Stephen Connell marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Joseph Ashton
Joseph Ashton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1)
  • The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood
  • My Life with the Lincolns
  • Stealing Air
  • The White Horse Trick (New Policeman, #3)
  • So, You Want to Be a Chef?: How to Get Started in the World of Culinary Arts
  • Under the Baseball Moon
  • Super Chicken Nugget Boy and the Furious Fry
  • The Legend of Spud Murphy
  • Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)
  • My Life as a Cartoonist
  • The Vampire Bunny (Bunnicula and Friends, #1)
  • Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew
  • The War within These Walls
  • Chasing Tail Lights
  • House of Dance
  • Stuart's Cape

Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features (10 books)
  • Grampa's Zombie BBQ (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #2)
  • Monster Fish Frenzy (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #3)
  • Super Soccer Freak Show (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #4)
  • Bigfoot Backpacking Bonanza (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #5)
  • Hair Ball from Outer Space (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #6)
  • Night of the Living Eggnog (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #7)
  • Phantom of the Waterpark  (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #8)
  • Curse of the Kitty Litter (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #9)
  • Jurassic Grampa (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #10)
Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet (Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet, #1) Clash of the Class Clowns (Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet, #2) Grampa's Zombie BBQ (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #2) Super Soccer Freak Show (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #4) Bigfoot Backpacking Bonanza (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #5)