Start by marking “Return to Rose Cottage: The Laws of Attraction / For the Love of Pete (Rose Cottage Sisters #3-4)” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  945 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Sherryl Woods draws you into the world of Rose Cottage, where the D'Angelo sisters reunite with family and find lasting love.

Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Published November 23rd 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Rose Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Rose Cottage

Pattianne
Jan 20, 2014 Pattianne rated it really liked it
RETURN TO ROSE COTTAGE:
THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION - (Josh and Ashley)
FOR THE LOVE OF PETE - (Pete and Jo)

Deb Blackbourn
Aug 14, 2013 Deb Blackbourn rated it really liked it
I loved this series of books - but then I've never read anything by Sherryl Woods I didn't like. It is a very easy read that transports your mind to another place. The Rose Cottage sure is a wonderful place that gives romance a new meaning!
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
LOVED!

This book was again 2 more stories each another D'Angelo sisters and their grandmothers enchanted cottage.

Ashley & Josh...

This story may have been my favorite. I just adored Josh, he was just about the sexiest, kindest guy. Ashley out of all the sisters was the rock but also the hard ass. She ran home to Rose Cottage do to a tough court case, it left her questioning her ability to be the best lawyer she can be. Literally running into Josh...with her car into his. It begins a journey of
Kathy
Jul 07, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
THE LAWS OF ATTRACTION: This is the first book I have read by this author and it certainly won't be my last! This is the third book of The Rose Cottage Sisters series which follows the romances of the D'Angelo sisters. In this book, Ashley, the oldest sister and powerful attorney in Boston takes refuge at her grandmother's cottage in Virginia to reevaluate everything after she gets a guilty man acquitted! On her first night in Virginia, she literally crashes into Josh, a laid back gorgeous man, ...more
Maeleah
Woods has a wonderful way of weaving a story of romance in a small town, ocean side setting. This one has two stories in it. In Laws of Atraction, Ashley escapes to Rose Cottage after defending a client who turns out to really be a murderer. He was aquitted on "not guilty" charges yet clearly he was not "innocent." Ashley had built her reputation on only choosing clients whom she truely thought were innocent, but then she begins to question her judgement after he ends up almost killing another p ...more
Jan Mcleod
Jan 28, 2013 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it
Two novels in this one, too.
In the first story, Ashley, the oldest of the D'Amgelo daughters, is an independent, headstrong, and very successful lawyer. Her self-esteem is in shambles due to the deception of one of her clients. She heads to Rose Cottage to regroup and think about her future in law. Ashley literally bumps into Josh, another successful attorney from Richmond, Va, shortly after she arrives at Rose Cottage. Josh has also come to the area to contemplate his future in law. The two ver
Marcia  Haskell
Dec 11, 2010 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it
The Laws of Attraction

High-powered attorney Ashley D'Angelo has finally burned out. After heeding the call of Rose Cottage, she believes she may have found the calm she so desperately needs and perhaps the chance at a happy ending with handsome Josh Madison. But if Josh isn't quite who he seems, is he still the man who can complete Ashley's joy?

For the Love of Pete

After hearing her sisters speak of the emotional healing to be found at Rose Cottage, Jo D'Angelo takes a chance and returns to the b
Maria
Mar 30, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
Both books were quirky and sexy all at the same time. Even though they were the third and fourth book of the series, you didn't really miss a lot of pertinent information. Both Books stood alone, even though you could tell there was a definite flow in time. I would love to get my hands on the first two sisters stories just to finish the series.
Vicky Lynn
Jun 07, 2016 Vicky Lynn rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK. REALLY ENJOYED ASHLEY AND JOSH'S STORY! ALSO REALLY ENJOYED JO AND PETE'S STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marjorie
Apr 26, 2012 Marjorie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is actually two stories of the oldest and youngest D'Angelo girls. Ashley, the oldest, is a criminal defense lawyer who gets an acquittal for a guilty person. This puts her into a tailspin and sends her to Rose Cottage where she had spent her summers with her grandmother. Naturally she finds love.

The youngest, Jo, finds her fiancee in bed with another woman which sends her to Rose Cottage. She meets her first love who had also betrayed her. He is now divorced with a son and she has to wrest
S Miller
Jun 11, 2016 S Miller added it
Shelves: w
Used - Very good
Diana Barnett
Jun 10, 2016 Diana Barnett rated it it was amazing
love both of these books
Patricia Solla
Mar 11, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
These two stories are just as good as the first two. Now all the sisters are together again. Makes you wonder what will happen with their parents who are still in Boston, while the girls are all in Maryland. Also since the grandmother's cottage is the basis for all the romance, wonder if anyone else using the house will be as successful at finding love as the sisters did.
Elizabeth Benducci
Jul 21, 2012 Elizabeth Benducci rated it really liked it
This is the second book about he 4 D'Angelo sisters and how they found their husbands. This one is about the oldest sister who, while winning a big law case, actually came out a loser. And the youngest sister who came back and re-found a lost love. Again they are fun and quick to read but predictable.
Jane
Dec 21, 2014 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sherryl-woods
Sherryl Woods is a master storyteller and really knows how to tug on your heartstrings. I always eagerly await the next Sherryl Woods book...they just don't come as quickly as I would like.
Lorraine
Feb 19, 2013 Lorraine rated it really liked it
Once again, Woods does not disappoint in providing an entertaining story. I had already read the second story "For the love of Pete" as it was available as a separate ebook.
Dee
Mar 30, 2011 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, women, romance
Good light reading. You know how it's going to turn out, but written well with lots of dialogue which helps to define the characters. Just a little too predictable.
Sharon Helfrich
Aug 19, 2013 Sharon Helfrich rated it liked it
I enjoyed The Laws of Attraction but thought For the Love of Pete was too whiny. Characters certainly didn't act like adults, stuck in teenage angst!
Elena
Feb 14, 2015 Elena rated it liked it
Three stars because Jo's story left me wanting for more backbone from her or maybe is just me. Regardless Ms. Woods is always a safe place for me.
Lisa
Aug 26, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
Books three and four in a series are combined in this volume. All are very readable and good stories. I enjoyed Ashley's story best of all.
Clara  Baldwin
Nov 28, 2011 Clara Baldwin rated it it was ok
I picked this up at the library sale to take on a cruise, not noticing that it was the second of two. It was two sweet love stories.
Barbara Makin
May 31, 2014 Barbara Makin rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
Enjoyed reading the story, but predictible. Girl meets boy, problems, and then they get together in the end.
Kira
Dec 13, 2011 Kira rated it liked it
this was a nice read, easy predictable but a great story, the book had me laughing, crying and wanting more.
Fedora
May 14, 2011 Fedora rated it really liked it
A couple more very enjoyable stories from Ms. Woods. Wraps up the quartet of sisters :)
Sandy  Kemp
Aug 06, 2013 Sandy Kemp rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up-on
this series was nothing special, didn't even finish book 2.
Kristin
Jun 14, 2011 Kristin rated it liked it
very predictable but a happy book
Eunice
Mar 16, 2011 Eunice rated it liked it
light romantic fluff ; a good read
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Rose Cottage Sisters
Ellen
Mar 05, 2011 Ellen rated it liked it
light easy read-good summer beach book!
Audrey
May 28, 2012 Audrey rated it it was ok
it was okay...
  • Moon Over Water (Deliverance Company #3)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • The House on Olive Street
  • Snow Angels
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Rose Cottage Sisters (4 books)
  • Three Down the Aisle (Rose Cottage Sisters, #1)
  • What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters, #2)
  • The Laws of Attraction (Rose Cottage Sisters, #3)
  • For the Love of Pete (Rose Cottage Sisters, #4)

“It was a rare man who didn’t mind having a woman dump all her problems and insecurities in his lap.” 0 likes