Courtesan's Kiss (Pennistan, #4)

Courtesan's Kiss (Pennistan #4)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From Mary Blayney, the acclaimed author of Stranger’s Kiss, comes this irresistible new novel of historical romance featuring the Pennistan family. In Courtesan’s Kiss, an independent woman is determined to make her way in the world—even if it’s a scandalous one. But first she must escape a nobleman with plans of his own

In the wake of a broken engagement and shunned by the...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2010)

Jenn
This book was enjoyable and I really like to write my reviews right after reading as my brain is quite adept at moving on to the next best thing —oo shiny!!!— yes like that, I need to write it for the third time. I wrote it, but my iPad didn't update it, and (yes stupidly) rewrote it and once again, well here we are. So let's see if I can remember what I wanted to say.

This book is a solid 3...3.54978265

I really liked these characters. I loved that she managed to get his character across primari...more
Melanie
I reviewed this for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

COURTESAN'S KISS is a fourth installment of the Pennistan Family series. TRAITOR'S KISS/LOVER'S KISS and STRANGER'S KISS are the previous ones that I highly recommend you read first. As much as this book stands on its own, I was glad to have read the other stories first.

We meet Mia Castellano, our heroine in STRANGER'S KISS, and we just know that this beautiful and headstrong young lady will be more than a hand...more
Michelle
This was the first book from Mary Blayney and the first book in the Pennistan series that I read. Unfortunately, it’s book number four in the series which meant that some of the reoccurring characters and overriding plot I did not understand. That did take away a little bit from the storyline for me but it did not affect my overall enjoyment. Mia had been hoping to find a spark with her future husband but after finding none she break her engagement and is to be sent to the country to avoid scand...more
Lynne Tull
One word: Tedious. I was never convinced that either the hero or heroine had any depth to them. There were certainly attempts by the author to try and convince me...with no success. I think I skipped more than half the book. There were pages and pages of redundant dialog between the H/H. There is one more book in the series. I can only hope it will redeem this one.
Melissa
This was well written with strong characters. While I normally don't read romances this was executed well and was entertaining. Though this is apparently in the middle of series this was a great piece as a stand alone.
Kit
Courtesan's Kiss is best enjoyed if you have read the previous Pennington romances especially Stranger's Kiss. Mia and David's story took awhile to gel but the last 100 pages were worth the wait.
Brittany
Best Penniston book to date!
Ann Lethbridge
Enjoyed it very much
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Normal
Normal added it
Jun 08, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Annalicia
Annalicia marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Josie
Josie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Stéphanie Giusti
Stéphanie Giusti marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Traitor's Kiss/Lover's Kiss (Pennistan, #1 & 2) One More Kiss (Pennistan, #5) Stranger's Kiss (Pennistan #3) Once and Forever The Captain's Mermaid