Start by marking “No Wolf (the Waygoing Compromise)” as Want to Read:
No Wolf (the Waygoing Compromise)

No Wolf (the Waygoing Compromise)

Out of love, out of money, out of character, Richard St. Ofle fell in love, left his wife, and took a job silkscreening in Guadeloupe, a tiny drop of ink on the map, somewhere deep in the Caribbean. What followed would test his character and change the course of his life forever. A poetic and magical season, "No Wolf (the waygoing compromise)" tells the story of St.Ofle's ...more
Published June 4th 2010 by Ashbury Way

To ask other readers questions about No Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Wolf

Lisa
Jan 06, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
My friend recommended this book to me on the grounds that it would remind me of my favorite author, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. Instead, I thought it reminded me of Dave Eggers. Not my favorite author, but quite a good one. They both have a wordiness combined with such a strong urge to get the words out on paper, that it comes out like beautiful word vomit. It's a compulsive read, and I finished this book in just under 48 hours. I hope this is not the last book that St. Ofle will write.

It's cool to thin
Jyoti
Aug 31, 2011 Jyoti rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Jyoti by: Richard St.Ofle
I got this book as soon as it was published. I am friend's with the author and was dying to read it. I honestly read it in less than two days (and I'm a slow slow reader usually). I burned through it because it was about a secret and I had been waiting for the gossip.

I don't really want to give it a full review here because I don't know what it is like to read if you don't know anyone in the story. Will you be as compelled as I was?

I told Richard that I would read it again before I reviewed it,
Benjamin Spalink
Jul 13, 2010 Benjamin Spalink rated it it was amazing
Unflinching in his self-analysis, heart rending in his narrative, Richard St. Ofle's book, the first ever published by Ashbury Way in New York, is a glimpse into the emotional mind of an artist and adventurer. This chronicle of self-discovery is a window not just into his own life, but into the heart of us all, and therein lies its value. The story is not only about how far we'll go to get what we want, but about how what we most want is only really found if it is given to us.
Michelle
Jul 24, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down and was kind of sad when it ended. Signs of a great book if you ask me. Impressed.
Patricia Sosa
Patricia Sosa marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Ondine Riesen
Ondine Riesen rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Nathan Taggart
Nathan Taggart rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Meghan Casey
Meghan Casey rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Sara Habein
Sara Habein marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Keely
Keely marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Richard St.ofle
Jul 03, 2012 Richard St.ofle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Corine
Corine rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2011
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2011
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2011
Dkopp
Dkopp added it
Jul 25, 2011
Addam
Addam rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2011
Rory
Rory rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2010
Tawni
Tawni rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2010