Start by marking “Good Morning, Gorillas” as Want to Read:
Good Morning, Gorillas

Good Morning, Gorillas (Magic Tree House #26)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  4,853 ratings  ·  123 reviews
Gentle giants or giant monsters?

That's the question Jack and Annie have about gorillas when the Magic Tree House sweeps them to the mountains of Africa. There they meet a group of amazing and sometimes frightening mountain gorillas. Annie knows how to play with the creatures right away. But Jack is left out. Will the gorillas be able to teach him some special magic?
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Good Morning, Gorillas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Morning, Gorillas

Christopher Salcedo
I like this book because in the book it states, Jack and Annie soon discovered that the tree house was magic. It could take them to the places in the books. All they had to do was point to a picture and wish to go there.(pg.1) I also like this book because it makes you think if gorillas are as bad as they look? Or are they gentle giants? I also like this book because in the back of the book it states, Gentle giants or giant monsters? That's the question Jack and Annie have about gorillas when t ...more
this is a really cool book.You should try on it, it is really intresting.It is about jack and anny going to the jungle,and they meet gorilla!After a while of being with them they recognize that the gorrilas where good.they become friends, and they discover that the point to be their was to use body language. So they use signs. But then they notice that since they found the point, and done it,they had to go.Jack was really sad.But he learn alot of things,and one,was to be a gorilla. :)

this is the
Though not the most action-packed of the Magic Tree House series, "Good Morning, Gorillas" is a breezy, sweet continuation of Jack and Annie and their quests for something or other. This series continues to impress me (if not so much impress my son) due to the characterization of the protagonists. Jack and Annie are two clear individuals, not just described by "main character boy" and "main character girl". Each receives moments to shine; each receives moments to fail and to learn. If only every ...more
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...more
"Jack felt as if he weren't completely human yet." In Good Morning, Gorillas, Jack and Annie immerse themselves in the lives of gorillas. They learn about their behavior and home and learn to communicate with the creatures. For once Jack seemed to get more attached to the animals than Annie, though of course Annie was accepted and 'liked' more than Jack was. Jack finally gained respect by the leader by copying his behavior and saving two baby gorillas. It is amazing the kind of bonds one can for ...more
Sarah Baxter
Mary Pope Osborne explores adventure, science, and history in her Magic Tree House series. Osborne is a very adventurous person herself and she really shows that throughout her stories. Osborne has written over 100 books that all have to do with some history or science of some kind. Her books are incredibly helpful and easy to read for young readers. Osborne goes through a very strenuous process to create all of her books just so she can give her readers the correct information while reading her ...more
Oct 30, 2008 Tony rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: gorilla lovers
Recommended to Tony by: Mrs.Hoffman
This book, "Good Morning Gorillas," is a very good book. It is about this boy named Jack and his little sister named Annie. They went to the magic tree house and got sent to a misty rain forest in the mountains of Africa. There they saw a baby gorilla. Annie called him Bu Bu because he always said, "Bu Bu." Annie followed the gorilla, but Jack stayed back and took notes about the gorilla. Later Jack tried to find Annie but it got dark, so he went to sleep near a tree. When Jack woke up he saw B ...more
Kayla Krecklow
I don't remember ever reading The Magic Tree House books when I was younger, and I don't know why I didn't! Even as an adult, I still enjoyed reading this one. In the beginning of the book it talks about a Morgan, and I couldn't figure out who that was, so I'm assuming you would have needed to read previous books to know. Other than that I really enjoyed the story line of this book. The tree house spins and spins and spins until it is absolutely still and takes the children to another place wher ...more
Sarah Sammis
In Good Morning, Gorillas by Mary Pope Osborne, Jack and Annie meet Jane Goodall and learn about sign language. It's one of the last books my son and I read together before moving onto longer and more complicated books.

They are sent into the jungle by the tree house to find a new way of communicating as one of Morgan's four-part spells. They quickly meet up with a group of gorillas. Their interaction with the creatures bring to the forefront a plot point that has been developing over the course
This book swept me away to this other wonderful world. The setting was brilliantly set. I could totally see it in my mind. But the characters were definitely my favorite part. They are all so colorful, interesting, exciting, and hilarious. The main character is just perfect. The plot moved fast enough that I couldn't stop reading lest I miss something, but the author still took the time to flesh out the details. The details are what really make or break a story.
Yuki Kodama
*7words summary:magic tree-forest-Africa-gorillas-special-frightening-sign languarge

*Discussion questions:
Q. Do you think that an intelligent animal should not be killed by human?
A.For example, I think whales are intelligent because they can communicate very well. whales have an intelligent brain and they are special. However, not only the whale, all animals are special. Therefore, I want to treat all animals equally. In other words, I
Very sweet one from the series. Loved the gentle and loving connection between the kids and the gorillas. Loved that they signed "I love you" in the story as this is something special my son and I have always done. Opened up conversation about animal intelligence and language acquisition. Began watching clips of Koko after reading this. I love the topics these stories introduce us to. I just wish the non-fiction counterparts to each book were a little easier to come by. They're really wonderful! ...more
Edward Creter
Finally! Our stalwart heroes Jack and Annie have their lives in jeopardy! The Magic Tree House has landed them smack in the middle of a land populated by damn dirty apes. As anyone can tell you, apes rule!!! Apes kick so much ass!!! Why do ya think King Kong is so popular? Oh but wait! What's this? Jack actually saves the apes from a black leopard? The apes let the kids live??? NOT FAIR!!! I was hoping Ms. Osborne would be cool for once!!! AARRRRRGGGHHHH!

This books was fun to read. My favorite part was when the met Bu-Bu

I enjoy reading the Magic Tree House books because they are fun adventures.

I do not read them in order and I still enjoy them.

I’d recommend this to any kid who likes Gorillas, adventures and who reads Jack and Annie books.
It was about Jack and Annie trying to learn some magic from some gorillas. There was 3 baby gorillas that they really liked and when they Jack usually wants to go, but Annie usually wants to stay. But both of them wanted to stay, but they had to go.
Calvin  Kwon
I thought this book was really cool because Jack was never afraid and he even scared off a leopard by himself. He even acted like a gorilla and he used his teeth to pull of a leaf to taste it and spit it out. I liked this book a lot.
Enjoyed reading my first magic tree house book to my four year old son today. He really liked the gorillas and seemed to follow the plot well. He is excited to listen to more of these.
-7words summary:rain-forest-Africa-gorillas-silverback-eating-sign languarge
-Discussion questions:
1.In this story,gollilas used an American sign language! Do think what is advantage about using an American sigh language in daily life?
-I think it's useful when I'm in crowded place with my friend and we can't talk directly,or want to talk about secret things.It's kind of fun and cool,I think!
2.Do you think what animal is wi
James Biser
This was one of the better Magic Tree House books that I read to my child. I enjoyed the children finding a special language, spoken with the hands and heart, without words.
Gitty Mandel
I really liked learning about gorillas.
I really like Annie and Jack.
I learned how to say "I love you" in sign language.
I really like the magic tree house.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 61516 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.3 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
I never liked Gorillas r Monkeys, I found them to be loud and annoying and really a waste of my time.
This book was a gift to me. I read it despite the subject because it was part of the series and I loved that over the gorillas any day. Now, being older I could care less what my younger self thought and just read the book for what it was.
This was a nice book because it demonstrated love and friendship with again, non humans.

I found that the whole Black Leopard was the same as the Tiger in Book #
Miki Saiki
Random House auther: Mary pole Osborne
Gorillas nature lesson sign language kids illustrate fun

Why good?
Why I like the book is its unique way of introducing the story; a riddle.
The riddle makes readers focus or kind of stuck on the story.
Even adults can enjoy the riddle.

What's interesting?
The story tells us the importance of communication.
The book is very interesting because it's introducing some aspects of sign languages.
Even though we don't use the same language, we still have ways to com
Fredrick Danysh
Annie and Jack have an encounter with mountain gorillas thanks to the Magic Treehouse. They giant primates take to Annie immediately but Jack has difficulty fitting in. This book has a reading level of 2.3 and is suitable for both boys and girls.
Beth Anne
Read aloud to Emma and Will. Funny and cute interactions with gorillas in this book that had both kids laughing out loud, even if it was rather unbelievable.
The second of four missions to discover special magic. Jack and Annie go in the Tree House to the African mountain rainforest.

This is the secret rhyme for this journey:

"To find a special kind of magic
in worlds so far apart,
speak a special language,
talk with your hands and heart."

The children meet a family group of gorillas and actually become a part of their family for a while. They teach the gorillas to sign, and when they leave the gorillas sign "I love you" in ASL.

That was the special languag
Jack and Annie got to be part of the gorilla family! Gorillas are shy and gentle. There was a baby gorilla named Hoho.
Jun 28, 2011 Cathy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cathy by: all kids who read
The Magic Tree House whisks Jack and Annie off to the mountains of Africa. There they run into a huge mountain gorilla! At first they don’t know whether they should shake hands or turn tail. But the ominous-looking creature turns out to be surprisingly gentle.

Once again Osborne introduces kids to some unusual topics: mountain gorillas and their habitat (mountain rain forest) the clouds and the environment gorillas live in, their habits, and diet. The other interesting topic introduced was surpr
It's not like the others, you don't go back into history. Also only Jack and Annie are talking in the book.
Tomoya Sugiyama
-Oct,2nd 65min.
-7 words
1.What do you have an image about Gorillas?
A.I think they are vicious so I was surprised to read this book.
2.Some Gorillas can use ASL. Do you know it? And what do you think about it?
A.I didn't know about it before I read this book. I was very exciting,and it's a very interesting thing!! They are so smart!!

Maybe, not all Gorillas can use ASL,but if I have a chance(fx
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries, #20)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)