Start by marking “Cut, Paste, Kill: A Lomax & Biggs Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cut, Paste, Kill: A Lomax & Biggs Mystery

Cut, Paste, Kill: A Lomax & Biggs Mystery (Lomax & Biggs #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  378 ratings  ·  70 reviews
When Eleanor Bellingham-Crump---asocialite responsible for the death of a ten-year-old boy---turns up murdered on the floor of a Hollywood hotel bathroom, Lomax and Biggs are confronted with a crime of artistic brutality. Along with the scissors sticking out of Eleanor’s lifeless body, the two detectives find a meticulous scrapbook documenting a motive for vengeance in lur...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Minotaur Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cut, Paste, Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut, Paste, Kill

Giovanni Gelati
Hello!! I am going to say this right off the bat: If you enjoy or love character driven fiction, a little humor in your reading (okay maybe I should say smart aleck responses and sardonic humor), a good, fun, mystery and a nice detective novel, then I have just the author for you. I didn’t know the author existed until one of the nice local librarians pointed him out to me. I know most of them (the librarians) a long time; they try to direct me to neat stuff on occasion when I look forlorn and c...more
Jodi
Cut,paste,kill refers not to computer cutting and pasting but rather to scrapbooking. For a change, we have a female serial killer on our hands, one who has meticulously documented the crimes of the murder victim. A real life Dexter, perhaps? Either way, it's not a good situation for either Biggs or Lomax and their boss wants answers. This case definitely turns out to be different from anything the boys have seen before. The bright shining star turns out to be the sudden guardianship that Lomax...more
Emily
Lomax and Biggs are back! In this, the most recent installment involving the wisecracking detectives from LAPD Homicide, we're all forced to confront a kind of unpleasant reality: if a total scumbag gets murdered, does anyone care? What if you're the person whose job it is to solve the murder and arrest the killer?

The ball gets rolling with the murder of Eleanor Bellingham-Crump, wife of an English diplomat who should have thanked every power that exists for diplomatic immunity, as that's the on...more
Stephen
A murder mystery can have a good story line but it is sometimes difficult to mix murder and humor.Karp does it pretty well but one of his main detectives, Terry Biggs is little too glib at times. But the pace is fast and the mystery is interesting and I found myself caught up in the solving of a series of avenging murders.
The wife of an English diplomat killed a 10 year boy crossing the street after he got off his school bus. Eleanor Bellingham-Crump was rip-roaring drunk and never should hav...more
Elizabeth A.
"Man, I know our job is to protect and serve, but sometimes I wish we could just let nature thin out the herd." - Terry Biggs

LAPD Detective Terry Biggs can be forgiven for not being overly enthusiastic about the prospect of locking up the killer he and partner Detective Mike Lomax find themselves tracking in Cut, Paste, Kill, the fourth entry in author Marshall Karp's consistently excellent Lomax & Biggs series. After all, the victim at the crime scene they respond to at the book's opening t...more
Julie Davis
#74 - 2010.

Light and enjoyable mystery and clearly meant to be so. It was a quick read, which I did in one evening, and as such was enjoyable entertainment. However, even so, it was too facile. I know we're not going for indepth character development in a book like this, but still, Mike's relationship with the little girl took off so fast that it never felt real. Also, as bizarre as the solution was, I still got there ahead of the detectives. Really? That was either telegraphed very broadly or n...more
Steve Tripp
Probably more like 3.5 stars. Probably the funniest/cleverest book int he series in terms of the witty dialogue and banter butt the way the plot turned and wrapped up was just a little too bizarre for my liking. Still.. these books are just good fun to read.
Andrew
NOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it Marshall! Don't do one of the top most cliche, annoying, ruin-the-whole-story mystery solutions of all time!! (And it's not "It was all a dream", which should narrow it down.)

I liked this book, (LOVED The Rabbit Factory !) as a light and fluffy mystery comedy. It was fun, and enjoyable. The Semi-Justice stuff was funny, and I think the book was at its best with Big Jim and Terry in the throes of their Hollywood dreams. But I simply cannot forgive (view spoiler)...more
Kay Claxton
Half-justice?!

I love the team if Lomax and Biggs. I like the humor along with the gory details. I hope there are many more in this series!
Dorie
Greg Van Vorhis
This one could have ended more quickly. There was a side-plot that apparently serves to set up the next one or two or three books in this series, but otherwise, it really serves no purpose to this particular story line.

I am noticing a lot of names similar to characters in Stephen King books, as well. This isn't the first Lomax and Biggs story that has had similar names. Just parts of names...not entire names. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if I had only noticed one similar name, but the count...more
Ricky
It's too bad there hasn't been any word on a Lomax + Biggs book 5 yet.
Shelly Lawter
My favorite detective team returns for a fourth great mystery. The mysteries in this series just keep getting better and better, and this one delivers excellent twists and turns to keep you guessing. Karp's trademark wit is present, of course, with several laugh-out-loud moments. Mike Lomax continues to be the heart and soul of the series, though, and his personal situation and conflicting emotions keep the stories focused on human emotions and life in general. I strongly recommend not only this...more
Bill
Marshall Karp just keeps getting better and better. The LAPD detective duo of Lomax and Biggs complement each other the same way as Abbott and Costello, Rowan and Martin, and Martin and Lewis. While the jokes are fast and furious so is the body count. This team might be funny but they are also smart detectives who eventually figure out the goofy homocides they investigate. For mystery buffs who enjoy a good laugh along the way the book is a must.
Mallory
This is the fourth book in the Lomax & Biggs series, and so far none of the sequels have managed to match or surpass the first book, The Rabbit Factory. As always they are entertaining and funny at times, and the mysteries certainly keep you on your toes (was NOT expecting that ending!). I still love the characters, especially Mike, but I'm still looking for something that matches the first book!
Louise
Author of The Rabbit Factory and the same detectives. This is murder where the victims really deserve to die and the killer keeps a scrapbook record of their crimes. Love the humour and banter of the main detectives but this story became a bit far fetched with one or two too many twists and turns. Still well worth a read, just the reason why it's not five stars.
Kitty
A scrapbooker is killing persons who appear to have gotten away with crimes in a vigilante manner. Each murder victim has an elaborate artful scrapbook left at the scene. The victims are each found with sharp scissors plunged into their bodies. Great energy as Lomax and Biggs attempt to end the trail of bodies.
Diane Henders
I'll gobble up anything Marshall Karp writes. What a talent! I'm quite sure Karp is the only writer in the world who can write about murder and psychosis and still leave me uplifted and smiling at the end. Oh, and give me belly laughs along the way. Cut, Paste, Kill is (like all Karp's books) not to be missed.
Ryan James
Once again, Marshall Karp entertains while providing an excellent who dunnit with lots of twists. This time, the book had an exceptional twist not only taking me by surprise, which he often does, but adding a touch of extra genius to it.

Karp is a great read. I wish him a long writing life.
Libby
I'm really enjoying these Lomax & Biggs mysteries more and more with each new book. I'm bummed that this is the last one. I hope Karp writes another one soon! Adding 7-year-old Sohpie to this one was a nice touch; I like how well she and Big Jim got along.
Kristin
Now, I’ve heard that scrapbooking weekends can get pretty wild and crazy—but author Marshall Karp takes cropping to a whole new sinister level in Cut, Paste, Kill.

Read the full review at http://www.nightsandweekends.com/arti...
Matthew Cousens
I love this series. This is one of the few plots where I didn't see what was coming at the end. I'm sorry to reach the last book in the plot line, and I hope more are to come some day. Funny, quick reading. Like a TV show on paper, only better.
Allison
I love this guy's writing style and books. This one doesn't disappoint. You can read this one independent of his other books, but I'd start with The Rabbit Factory (I think that's the first one) so you can get to know the characters.
Jackie
People are being murdered...bad people who have done bad things. Left behind at the crime scenes are scrapbooks detailing their lives. Lomax and Briggs go on the hunt for a vigilante stalking these unpunished criminals. Very humorous.
Spuddie
This is the first of this series that I have listened to in audio version and quite enjoyed the reading. I sure wish the author would write some more Lomax and Biggs...I just love them and their entire cast of secondary characters.
Tim
Too lame for my tastes and not that enjoyable a read. The humor is forced and not that funny. Even the twist is unable to save the novel. The best part of this story is the semi-justice, so that boosts it to 4 of 10 stars.
gert
le sigh. i just experienced that moment that comes when one realizes they finished a series that they adored, but hadn't realized there wasn't a number 5 waiting in the wings.

devastating is not too strong a word.
Joe O'c
Excellent; Continuing characters: Lomax & Biggs; the two detectives are chasing a serial killer who is murdering people who got away with crimes and leaves scrapbooks of their victims' sordid past behind
Beth
Loved it! Though I figured out the "perp" long before the end, there was a totally unexpected twist. There'll be more Lomax & Biggs in my future reading.
  • Mind Scrambler (John Ceepak Mystery, #5)
  • Electric Barracuda (Serge Storms, #13)
  • London Boulevard
  • A Ghost In The Machine (Chief Inspector Barnaby, #7)
  • A Bad Day for Pretty (Bad Day #2)
  • The Herring Seller's Apprentice
  • The Damage Done
  • The Winter of Her Discontent (Rosie Winter, #2)
  • Expiration Date
  • The Fourth Watcher: A Novel of Bangkok (Poke Rafferty Mystery, #2)
  • The Priest
  • Mixed Blood: A Thriller
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • Innocent Monster (Moe Prager, #6)
  • Heartshot
  • The Bad Book Affair (Mobile Library Mystery, #4)
  • Malpractice in Maggody (Arly Hanks, #15)
  • Living Witness (Gregor Demarkian, #24)
The Rabbit Factory (Lomax & Biggs, #1) Bloodthirsty (Lomax & Biggs, #2) Flipping Out (Lomax & Biggs, #3) Squabbles: A comedy in two acts Flipping Out: A Lomax & Biggs Mystery