Start by marking “Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)

Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  18,913 ratings  ·  3,065 reviews
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously
Published April 8th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Belle, please sign up.

The Enchanted Book Yes, it's coming out in 2015. Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2)
YA Novels of 2014
39th out of 1,505 books — 8,059 voters
The One by Kiera CassIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia GrayCress by Marissa MeyerCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Best Covers of 2014
11th out of 1,009 books — 2,441 voters

More lists with this book...

Regan
Super fun and funny read
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Once again, my chest tightened, and there was that weird fluttering sensation that was like butterflies. But it couldn’t be butterflies. I did not have butterflies over David Stark.
25% of the way in, I was sure I would give this book a 4, but I ended up wanting to fling this book at Harper's head. This book may be really, really cute, but overall, it's just an overextended love triangle without much of a plot. Nothing of importance happens in this book.

This was not a bad book by any means. I a
Emily May
Girls night in!
And by that, I mean me, this book and the cat, but shh...
(view spoiler)

This book is pure entertainment. Silly, hilarious fun. I've suddenly realised how hard it is to review a book like this because I cannot lay out the details of some amazingly complex plot... or tell you about the deep philosophical journey you will be taken on... or talk about a rich new fantasy world. This book has none of those things. And yet, it is easily one of the most enjoyable books I'v
Christine Riccio
I LOVED THIS. Here's my full review!: http://youtu.be/kZ-woVqnwkQ
Wendy Darling
Goes down like a cool glass of sweet tea on a hot summer's day. SO much fun! If you love Hex Hall or other lighthearted, funny paranormal books, you'll certainly enjoy this.

Full review, ARC giveaway, and hummingbird cake recipe posted to the blog!

Ariel
This is, quite frankly, the best book I've read this year! (Not including when I reread one of my favourite books :P)

It's funny (I laughed out loud a number of times), it's heartfelt (I felt so bad for our main character quite a few times), it's adorable (so many cute moments between our love interests!), it's aggravating (WHY?!?!), it's surprising (I didn't see a bunch of those plot twists coming!) and it's exciting (WHAT A RIDE!)!

At the heart of a book like this, when you have a heroine who's
Kat O'Keeffe
I LOVED THIS! It was so fun and hilarious and just overall an awesome read! The story was surprisingly action-packed and the characters were all wonderful--especially Harper, who was a fantastic protagonist. She was the perfect blend of girly and kick-ass and I just loved spending time with her! AND THAT ENDING! I can't wait to see how this story unfolds in the next book. I WANT THE SEQUEL NOW PLEASE!

(Full video review coming soon!)
Maureen
A lot of people raved about this book and recommended it to me, but for some reason I still wasn't expecting much out of this book.
SO GLAD IT SURPRISED ME. It was seriously SO much better than I was expecting.
I loved Harper's voice in this. She wasn't over-the-top southern like in some books i've read *cough*BEAUTIFUL CREATURES*cough* but she was the perfect mixture of sassy and awesome and hilarious and southern.
The story was really original too! I mean there were some typical YA novel cliches
Aqsa
4 stars.

I loved it! But man, Hex Hall was waaaay better!

THAT COVER IS QUITE FABULOUS. Its like the girly version of Macbeth. (Knife/Crown)

COME OUT ALREADY!!

DUDE. THIS IS THE NEW SOPHIE AND ARCHER! :D
HAH. I ALREADY LOVE'EM BOTH. :D

CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS IS OUT!

Excerpt from Rebel Belle:

I hurried out of the lobby and turned the corner into the English hall, so I didn’t see the guy in front of me until it was too late.

“Oh!” I exclaimed as we bumped shoulders. “Sorry!”

Then I realized who I’d bumped i
Saniya

------
*I need a doctor...*
COVER!
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This book exceeded my expectations! It's such a fun and thrilling ride. If you're interested in hearing more of my thoughts check out my video review here: http://youtu.be/NnE1bM57JK0

Um... I DID NOT SEE THAT PLOT TWIST COMING. I'm going to have to do a book talk for this one! So much to talk about.
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was born and raised in the South. My husband was too, but he’s not a real Southerner—his father is from San Francisco, and his mother is from Michigan. They moved to Georgia from up north a few years before the hubs was born, bringin’ their Northern and West Coast ways with them.

Not that there’s anything wrong with Northern or West Coast ways; they just aren’t Southern.

Still aren’t b/c even after 30+ years of living in the South, there are still times when I’ll say or d
Lola
Oct 09, 2014 Lola rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers, anyone who wants a great/fun reading.
Recommended to Lola by: I saw a lot of my friends reading and enjoying it (myself.)
4 ''Loved it!'' stars

This book was so much fun! A breath of fresh air! I actually read this book while eating popcorn. No kidding. If you're looking for something entertaining and purely enjoyable, I highly recommend you Rebel Belle. It also contains a little bit of creepy and/or strange scenes that are only going to make you want to read more and more of it.

Harper might seem to you, at the beggining of the story, a little too girly and vain, but she's actually not that way. She has her reason
Kassidy
*4.5*

I adored this book~

It's a cute, funny, realistic book that packs a huge punch!
This book almost reads like contemporary, but has an underlying fantasy plot.
I really loved the characters. The main character Harper is a southern girl, who is very dedicated to her school, studies, friends, boyfriend, and community. If that isn't enough to handle, she is thrown into the position of the Paladin and discovers a whole magical world she never knew existed.
I really loved reading about Harper and
The Bodacious Book Babe
Also posted on Babbling of A Book Babe.

You might not know this about me, but I’m actually not a huge girly girl. I don’t really like pink, I don’t wear makeup, I wouldn’t dream of casually wearing heels, and I think beauty pageants are just ridiculous. Instead, I usually rock jeans and a nerdy t-shirt, spend my time reading fantasy books or gaming with my guy friends, and I swear worse than my sixteen year old brother. So just looking at this cover had me a little hesitant, and when I read the s
Melannie :)
Well, well well.

In the sense of being a little bit decent after the review I am going to give I have rounded up the rating to 3 stars.

So I don't want to say. I didn't like this book because the characters weren't funny enough, and actually, Harper and David as a couple were adorable but I am kind of disappointed still. I know because I've read Hex Hall, Ms. Hawkins first book, and I know how awesome of a story she can provide and this time I just think it fell flat.

The premise of the book isn't
Angela
THIS IS COMING FROM A TRUE SOUTHERN GIRL! PLEASE GO READ REBEL BELLE!

This book is the definition of a GNI (girls night in) book! I wanted a good rom com book to read for a lazy night in..... SO I decided on rebel belle to be my date for the evening, so of course I had to set the mood.... I poured myself a glass of sweet tea, lit some pumpkin candles, and threw on a light blanket and got right into reading it..... and lets just say that Rachel Hawkins didn't disappoint me on this book date.
The
Ana Rînceanu
The only reason I did not put this book down after the first 30 pages was that I wanted to be wrong. I wanted my friend to be right in saying that this was the best book she read this year. I wanted to prove that I could like books with this type of cover and content, but I failed. Let's face it I prefer my humor dry and my characters complex and my plot twisty ( If that's a real word).
Sophia Sardothien
I'd read this exactly a year ago and one year later I still love it
Nick

3.5/5

Rebel Belle was a light, charming and delightful read that managed to get a few laughs out of me. It's a typical Rachel Hawkins book, which means it was entertaining all the way through.

Harper, the protagonist, was a riot! She was a sassy Southern belle who seemed like she wasn't afraid of anything she had to potentially face in the future. I love a good character who is driven and knows exactly what she wants to do with her life and Harper was the girl. She was absolutely delightful as a c
Annie
May 08, 2013 Annie marked it as watch-list
Recommends it for: People who enjoy awkward rhymes
Rebel Belle? Rebel Belle? Really?

Sorry. But that was my reaction to this.

Two more things:

1. "Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him..."

So she hates him, but is in love with him. That doesn't even make sense. That's not even starcrossed love. That's just dumb.

2. David Stark? Okay, some last names go with characters that
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars.

Cute and had me cracking up. The narration was spot on. Loved the Southern belle accent. I'm not sure how I missed that this isn't a stand-alone, though. It didn't end on a cliffhanger, thank goodness! I think I'll pick up the next one.
Bookables
What an amazing book! It was funny, witty & I could not put it down! Harper was an easy likable character. She is a southern belle trying to be perfect. From being in countless clubs, keeping up good grades, being head cheerleader and attending cotillion, she has to spin about 1000 plates.
When she receives the duty to become a Paladin, she is anything but thrilled. Then Harper learns who she must protect- David Stark aka her nemesis. Life could not get crazier, but wait it does!

This book is
Roxanne (Story Envy)
Oct 10, 2012 Roxanne (Story Envy) marked it as to-read
I loved the Hex Hall series and now I'm pretty freaking excited to read more from Rachel Hawkins!!!!

But of course it comes out in 2013...

Sue (YAHollywood)
Actual Rating: 3. 5 stars

It's been forever since I read a book written by Rachel Hawkins and it was a great comeback. I adore Rebel Belle. It was such a cute and feel good read.
Juhina
could have been condensed to 200 pages, not 350.
Kerry
4.5/5
Oh my goodness I am laughing so hard. That ending was just the icing on the cake for their unfortunate world of complete and utter awkwardness and confusion.

Harper is such a great character, she is really realistic and I could relate to her in a lot of parts as someone who just wants to be their own person and succeed while being so. There is so much pressure on her not to let people down and like everyone in the world, she wasn't always able to cope with it on her own.

“It was such a relief
Montana Statum
3.5

I enjoyed parts of this book while other parts bored me to tears. The enjoyable sections were so much fun and I had a blast reading them, but unfortunately for every good part there was two bad parts. In my opinion. I really applaud Rachel Hawkins for coming up with such an original story, but it just didn't really do anything for me. I might read Miss Mayhem later just out of curiosity due to the ending of Rebel Belle. If you've read Miss Mayhem, let me know if I should continue on with the
Marla Mei

I really liked this book and thought I'd rate it four stars up until the 50% mark where after that the story kind of dragged on. Still a very fun book nonetheless. I mean, nothing can ever top the Hex Hall series and Sophie Mercer but this book is still so cute as ever and I love Harper Price. I love how girly she is yet she shows that she can handle herself and be this kickass girl when the circumstances call for it. I love how different this book is that in this one, it's the guy who'
Worldwide Book Club: We're Reading... 1 10 May 08, 2015 02:28PM
Young Adult Craze...: Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins 3 14 Apr 27, 2015 02:07PM
YouTube Book Revi...: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins 15 59 Apr 24, 2015 09:28AM
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Tsarina
  • All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)
  • Illusions of Fate
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
  • Plus One
  • The Inventor's Secret (The Inventor's Secret, #1)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)
  • Mistwalker
  • Salvage
  • The Ring and the Crown (The Ring and the Crown, #1)
  • Promise of Shadows
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Minders
  • Something Real

Rebel Belle (3 books)
  • Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2)
  • Untitled (Rebel Belle #3)
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) School Spirits (School Spirits, #1) Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2)

“I picked up the nearest weapon I could lay my hands on: a stapler. I lifted it, going for “menacing.” I admit it lacked a certain elegance, but hey. It was worth a shot. David placed his hand on my arm and pushed it back down.
“What?”
“Just . . . that’s embarrassing for all of us,” he replied.”
110 likes
“The great thing about best friends is that they know you really well. And the terrible thing about best friends is that they know YOU really well.” 96 likes