Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)

Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  10,192 ratings  ·  1,713 reviews
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously...more
Published April 8th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Belle

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
42nd out of 1,310 books — 6,347 voters
Ignite Me by Tahereh MafiThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerInfinite by Jodi MeadowsDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Most Beautiful YA Covers of 2014
17th out of 251 books — 823 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
Once again, my chest tightened, and there was that weird fluttering sensation that was like butterflies. But it couldn’t be butterflies. I did not have butterflies over David Stark.
25% of the way in, I was sure I would give this book a 4, but I ended up wanting to fling this book at Harper's head. This book may be really, really cute, but overall, it's just an overextended love triangle without much of a plot. Nothing of importance happens in this book.

This was not a bad book by any means. I ab...more
Emily May
Girls night in!
And by that, I mean me, this book and the cat, but shh...
(view spoiler)

This book is pure entertainment. Silly, hilarious fun. I've suddenly realised how hard it is to review a book like this because I cannot lay out the details of some amazingly complex plot... or tell you about the deep philosophical journey you will be taken on... or talk about a rich new fantasy world. This book has none of those things. And yet, it is easily one of the most enjoyable books I'v...more
Wendy Darling
Goes down like a cool glass of sweet tea on a hot summer's day. SO much fun! If you love Hex Hall or other lighthearted, funny paranormal books, you'll certainly enjoy this.

Full review, ARC giveaway, and hummingbird cake recipe posted to the blog!

Christine Riccio
I LOVED THIS. Here's my full review!: http://youtu.be/kZ-woVqnwkQ
Ariel
Apr 10, 2014 Ariel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is, quite frankly, the best book I've read this year! (Not including when I reread one of my favourite books :P)

It's funny (I laughed out loud a number of times), it's heartfelt (I felt so bad for our main character quite a few times), it's adorable (so many cute moments between our love interests!), it's aggravating (WHY?!?!), it's surprising (I didn't see a bunch of those plot twists coming!) and it's exciting (WHAT A RIDE!)!

At the heart of a book like this, when you have a heroine who's...more
Kat O'Keeffe
I LOVED THIS! It was so fun and hilarious and just overall an awesome read! The story was surprisingly action-packed and the characters were all wonderful--especially Harper, who was a fantastic protagonist. She was the perfect blend of girly and kick-ass and I just loved spending time with her! AND THAT ENDING! I can't wait to see how this story unfolds in the next book. I WANT THE SEQUEL NOW PLEASE!

(Full video review coming soon!)
Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear
4 stars.

I loved it! But man, Hex Hall was waaaay better!

THAT COVER IS QUITE FABULOUS. Its like the girly version of Macbeth. (Knife/Crown)

COME OUT ALREADY!!

DUDE. THIS IS THE NEW SOPHIE AND ARCHER! :D
HAH. I ALREADY LOVE'EM BOTH. :D

CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS IS OUT!

Excerpt from Rebel Belle:

I hurried out of the lobby and turned the corner into the English hall, so I didn’t see the guy in front of me until it was too late.

“Oh!” I exclaimed as we bumped shoulders. “Sorry!”

Then I realized who I’d bumped i
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
*I need a doctor...*
COVER!
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was born and raised in the South. My husband was too, but he’s not a real Southerner—his father is from San Francisco, and his mother is from Michigan. They moved to Georgia from up north a few years before the hubs was born, bringin’ their Northern and West Coast ways with them.

Not that there’s anything wrong with Northern or West Coast ways; they just aren’t Southern.

Still aren’t b/c even after 30+ years of living in the South, there are still times when I’ll say or d...more
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This book exceeded my expectations! It's such a fun and thrilling ride. If you're interested in hearing more of my thoughts check out my video review here: http://youtu.be/NnE1bM57JK0

Um... I DID NOT SEE THAT PLOT TWIST COMING. I'm going to have to do a book talk for this one! So much to talk about.
Kassidy
*4.5*

I adored this book~

It's a cute, funny, realistic book that packs a huge punch!
This book almost reads like contemporary, but has an underlying fantasy plot.
I really loved the characters. The main character Harper is a southern girl, who is very dedicated to her school, studies, friends, boyfriend, and community. If that isn't enough to handle, she is thrown into the position of the Paladin and discovers a whole magical world she never knew existed.
I really loved reading about Harper and...more
Lola
May 20, 2014 Lola rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers, anyone who wants a great/fun reading.
Recommended to Lola by: I saw a lot of my friends reading and enjoying it (myself.)
4 ''Loved it!'' stars

This book was so much fun! A breath of fresh air! I actually read this book while eating popcorn. No kidding. If you're looking for something entertaining and purely enjoyable, I highly recommend you Rebel Belle. It also contains a little bit of creepy and/or strange scenes that are only going to make you want to read more and more of it.

Harper might seem to you, at the beggining of the story, a little too girly and vain, but she's actually not that way. She has her reas...more
Melannie :)
Well, well well.

In the sense of being a little bit decent after the review I am going to give I have rounded up the rating to 3 stars.

So I don't want to say. I didn't like this book because the characters weren't funny enough, and actually, Harper and David as a couple were adorable but I am kind of disappointed still. I know because I've read Hex Hall, Ms. Hawkins first book, and I know how awesome of a story she can provide and this time I just think it fell flat.

The premise of the book isn't...more
Nick

3.5/5

Rebel Belle was a light, charming and delightful read that managed to get a few laughs out of me. It's a typical Rachel Hawkins book, which means it was entertaining all the way through.

Harper, the protagonist, was a riot! She was a sassy Southern belle who seemed like she wasn't afraid of anything she had to potentially face in the future. I love a good character who is driven and knows exactly what she wants to do with her life and Harper was the girl. She was absolutely delightful as a c...more
Bookables
What an amazing book! It was funny, witty & I could not put it down! Harper was an easy likable character. She is a southern belle trying to be perfect. From being in countless clubs, keeping up good grades, being head cheerleader and attending cotillion, she has to spin about 1000 plates.
When she receives the duty to become a Paladin, she is anything but thrilled. Then Harper learns who she must protect- David Stark aka her nemesis. Life could not get crazier, but wait it does!

This book is...more
Roxanne (Story Envy)
Oct 10, 2012 Roxanne (Story Envy) marked it as to-read
I loved the Hex Hall series and now I'm pretty freaking excited to read more from Rachel Hawkins!!!!

But of course it comes out in 2013...

Annie
May 08, 2013 Annie marked it as watch-list
Recommends it for: People who enjoy awkward rhymes
Rebel Belle? Rebel Belle? Really?

Sorry. But that was my reaction to this.

Two more things:

1. "Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him..."

So she hates him, but is in love with him. That doesn't even make sense. That's not even starcrossed love. That's just dumb.

2. David Stark? Okay, some last names go with characters that...more
Mya~I've Fallen For Your Eyes But They Don't Know Me Yet ~❤️
I LOVEDDD THIS BOOK!!! Honestly the ending made me fall out my chair!!! I KNEW ITTTT
Fenia
LOVED IT. This book is so incredibly good!! :O I want more!!! ♥ I've never read Rachel Hawkins' books and i have to say that i'm going to read them all! Rebel Belle is funny,sassy,romantic,action-packed and such SUCH a page turner!! wow. ♥

The protagonist,Harper, is such an over achiever but she's also caring,loving,witty,and she kicks some serious ass!!! OMG MY BABYYY DAVID!!! I couldn't help but picturing Dylan O'Brien as the geek David and since Dylan will one day be my husband (i'm secretly a...more
Ana Maria Rînceanu
The only reason I did not put this book down after the first 30 pages was that I wanted to be wrong. I wanted my friend to be right in saying that this was the best book she read this year. I wanted to prove that I could like books with this type of cover and content, but I failed. Let's face it I prefer my humor dry and my characters complex and my plot twisty ( If that's a real word).
Margarita
"Looking back, none of this would have happened if I’d brought lip gloss the night of the Homecoming Dance.”

Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Rebel Belle is hilariously engaging and just plain old fun. Rachel Hawkins' fans will have a new series to fangirl over, I mean to watch out for!

Brief Summary:

Harper Price is what you can call a perfectionist. She has a 4.0 GPA, a perfect and hot boyfriend (Ryan Bradshaw) and she is the president of many clubs or organizations. Her biggest problem at the moment...more
Jessica

I really enjoyed reading this book! I felt like the paranormal elements balanced really well with the light hearted theme that flowed through the plot so well. I liked that it read like a contemporary novel! I found myself really liking the main character Harper, as well as the setting! I was interested in this book the entire time, and definitely enjoyed all of the little surprises Rachel Hawkins threw in towards the end!

I wish that we could have found out a bit more about some of th...more
♥ The Book Snob ♥
May 17, 2013 ♥ The Book Snob ♥ marked it as to-read
WE HAVE A TEASER!! :D :D

“Oh!” I exclaimed as we bumped shoulders. “Sorry!”

Then I realized who I’d bumped into, and I immediately regretted my apologetic tone. If I’d known it was David Stark, I would have tried to hit him harder, or maybe stepped on his foot with the spiky heel of my new shoes for good measure.

I did my best to smile at him, though, even as I realiz
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
kute

that is simply all you need to know about this book. but i like the sound of my own imagined voice much more than my real voice which, frankly, after more than fifteen years, has gotten rather tiresome. nowadays, i speak in the voice of... someone Irish. with a very pronounced Irish accent.

makes the review so much more interesting, don't it?

if you ever felt alienated a bit by Hex Hall whilst still fawning over it, were ever slighted by Demonglass and all that endued; if you're sick, just god...more
๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑
Neither the name nor the blurb attracts me to the book. I would never have added it if it weren't written by Rachel Hawkins, author of the Hex Hall series.
Hunger For Knowledge
It is pink, fluffy and candy-like. It is as doable than its cover is. It is a colorful drink garnished with a big glitter umbrella. It's funny, entertaining, exaggerating and mostly without even a shred of common sense. It is a love drama, it is a high school trip, it is a supernatural powers. It is an young adult.
Raeleen Lemay
This book was so fun! I really loved the characters despite their flaws, and this book was hilarious thanks to them! Another great read from Rachel Hawkins, I would expect nothing less.
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
I had a noble cause, all right. But it wasn't Grove Academy. It was David Stark.

Well....this was quite exceptional! I was merely perusing my feed last week and then all of a sudden came multiple positive reviews for this book. I have been seeing nothing but good things about this story so I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about-and I was more than pleasantly surprised. So many books these days take themselves too seriously and come across as pompous or as if they are trying too hard. It w...more
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I received Rebel Belle from Penguin Publishers in exchange for an honest review.

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins stars Harper Price, a southern belle, who is the head of every committee at school. She's determined that this year is going to be the best one yet. But during Homecoming, something strange happens that changes her life forever. Will Harper be able to get her act together and be able to make it to her beloved Cotillion at the same time as saving the world and the boy she has feelings for...more
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Tsarina
  • The Inventor's Secret (The Inventor's Secret, #1)
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Illusions of Fate
  • The Taking (The Taking, #1)
  • Salt & Storm
  • A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
  • Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes, #1)
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
  • Rooms
  • Mistwalker
  • Promise of Shadows
  • Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy, #1)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) School Spirits (School Spirits, #1) A Very Hexy Valentine's Day (Hex Hall, #3.1)

“I picked up the nearest weapon I could lay my hands on: a stapler. I lifted it, going for “menacing.” I admit it lacked a certain elegance, but hey. It was worth a shot. David placed his hand on my arm and pushed it back down.
“What?”
“Just . . . that’s embarrassing for all of us,” he replied.”
59 likes
“The great thing about best friends is that they know you really well. And the terrible thing about best friends is that they know YOU really well.” 54 likes