Start by marking “Deb on Arrival - Live at Five (Debutante Detective Agency #1)” as Want to Read:
Deb on Arrival - Live at Five (Debutante Detective Agency #1)

Deb on Arrival - Live at Five (Debutante Detective Agency #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When Texas Christian University student Dainty Prescott lands an unpaid internship with WBFD-TV, the station manager, Gordon Pfeiffer, tells her to spy on his wife, Paislee. To Dainty's dismay, Paislee turns out to be having an affair with Dainty's law school boyfriend and date for the Rubanbleu's debutante ball, Strayer Drexel Truett III. Next, a sorority sister asks the ...more
Published July 21st 2010 by Five Star (ME)

To ask other readers questions about Deb on Arrival - Live at Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deb on Arrival - Live at Five

Kitty
Sep 06, 2010 Kitty rated it liked it
How funny can this be! Dainty Prescott is a Fort Worth debutante whose new stepmother has persuaded her father to tighten the pursestrings. Will she have to buy "off the rack" for her sister's debutante ball? When she spies her boss' wife kissyfacing with, of all people, her boyfriend, her boss hires her to play PI and catch them in the act. When one of her friends wants her mother's new boyfriend investigated, Dainty decides this may be her new career. Totally unprepared for the world of crime, ...more
Denise
Mar 17, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Disclaimers first. I am not a big mystery reader. I dislike immature heroines who fail to grow up. Dainty, a 30 year old debutante, spends way too much time running red lights and thinking about clothes.
Despite this she manages to capture one of the FBI's most wanted and escape a kidnapping. Oh, and did I mention the hunk of a cop that falls for her. Maybe I am just too old to enjoy this story but I was not impressed. For those who have this marked as a "to read", I would mark it as "don't bothe
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Jul 10, 2010 Crazy for Books (Stephanie) rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
If you like comedy mixed in with your detective mysteries, don't miss Dainty Prescott in all her hilarious glory. I found Dainty fun, eccentric and just down righty hysterical at times.

Although she's been cut off from all the privilege she's ever known, she jumps on an opportunity to make money in a very unorthodox way, throwing herself into it fully.

This book was so much fun to read. I found myself laughing with tears many times.
Mlblong
Sep 09, 2010 Mlblong rated it it was amazing
A fun, funny romp from one of my favorite authors. Dainty Prescott isn't your ordinary Debutante, and it's a lucky thing for us. I totally love Dainty's relationship with her grandmother, it's hilarious and makes me wish I had one just like her. Dainty's industrious and can think on her feet, which makes me look forward to the next installment of the series to see what she can get herself into (and out of) next.
Mandy Huot
Sep 04, 2014 Mandy Huot rated it it was amazing
Another great journalist novel! This was a blast to read and actually kept me intrigued the whole way through!
Virginia
Jan 02, 2012 Virginia rated it liked it
Brainless but it made me laugh more than any sitcom on TV does. Perfect for an evening on which you want to give your grey matter some rest.
Lilly Reed
Jul 22, 2011 Lilly Reed rated it it was amazing
SUCH A MUST READ BOOK - LAURIE MOORE HAS HER MYSTERIES DOWN .... THIS BOOK WILL CAPTIVATE YOU AND NOT LET YOU GO UNTIL THE VERY LAST PAGE ....
Janet
Nov 07, 2011 Janet rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Laurie writes the funniest characters! A must read if you've read "Woman Strangled, News at Ten"
Metagion
Sep 26, 2011 Metagion rated it it was amazing
Great storyline, and while this series has no "stand alone" books, it's still a great read! A recommend!
E Goldberg
For the kids out there who don't like reading much.
Kelly
Kinda fun, kinda dumb. Don't really care. OK
Pat Hauldren
Pat Hauldren rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Crista
Crista added it
Feb 10, 2016
Mirjana
Mirjana marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Elena Rush
Elena Rush marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Elena Rush
Elena Rush marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Cara Martin
Cara Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
pedro
pedro marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Marta
Marta rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
David Cassidy
David Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Beth Lindsay
Beth Lindsay rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Laurie is a long time resident of Fort Worth. And she’s not just a resident, she’s an attorney by day, and a literary crime fighting detective-cum-author by night. And that’s not all. Laurie holds an active police commission. She is currently a reserve deputy constable in Tarrant County, Texas, and maintains a thriving law office in the Cultural District of Fort Worth.

Laurie has worked as a police
More about Laurie Moore...

Debutante Detective Agency (4 books)
  • Wanted Deb or Alive
  • Deb on Air - Live at Five
  • Dawn of the Deb (Debutante Detective Agency #4)