Start by marking “That Perfect Someone - Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu” as Want to Read:
That Perfect Someone - Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu

That Perfect Someone - Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu (Malory-Anderson Family #10)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  5,067 Ratings  ·  273 Reviews
Sembilan tahun lalu, Richard Allen meninggalkan Inggris ketika sang ayah, Earl of Manford, menjodohkannya dengan putri bungsu pedagang terkaya di London. Tak ingin bernasib sama seperti saudara tuanya yang merana akibat perjodohan, Richard memutuskan bahwa laut lah tempat ia akan bertemu dengan kebahagiaan.

Di Karibia, dia bergabung dengan para bajak laut pemburu harta karu
430 pages
Published June 2010 by Gagas Media (first published 2010)

KarenH
The blurb for this book here at GR touts it as a Malory novel and lists Georgina Malory as one of the main protagonists. Neither point is true so if you are jonesing for a new Malory installment, you will have to look to a future book. The H/h are, however, guilty by association as the hero, Richard, is friends with Gabrielle (Captive of my Desires) and her husband Drew (Georgina's brother), while the heroine, Julia, is merely a casual acquaintance of the Malory clan in general. James Malory doe ...more
Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One)
I'm very saddened by the books that JL has been releasing lately. It seems like she's run out of ideas and is only writing her books to reach a quota.
Please stop using the formulaic Malory plot of having to go on a rescue on the high seas. I still love James, but again, please stop making him beat everyone up. He's in his 40's already, can't he just settle for once?
I miss the feeling of heartbreak that accompanied the reading of her old books; Prisoner of My Desire, Heart So Wild and the Tony/Ja
Sa
Feb 10, 2016 Sa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but I gotta say it has flaws.The MCs' hatred for each other is OTT.Her breaking his nose, him hanging her over a two storey building (what boy is strong enough to do this without accidentally dropping and killing her?!), throwing her in the lake...all this when they were CHILDREN!To an extent his anger was understandable, but he really could have killed her without meaning to.Her anger was ridiculous.Kids say nasty things sometimes and while getting hurt and angry is reasona ...more
Beatrizz1983
Apr 26, 2011 Beatrizz1983 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aunque las últimas novelas de los Malory no han sido para tirar cohetes, ya con el libro de Boyd la cosa empezaba a mejorar... pero esta historia ha sido superior aún.
Reconozco que incluir esta novela dentro de la saga Malory.. es un poco pretencioso por parte de la Lindsey, ya que ningún parentesco o lazo sanguíneo los une.... pero siguen apareciendo los personajes más carismáticos de la saga.. por lo menos para mí, James Malory y Georgina.
Me he divertido, y me lo he leído en un pis pas... y no
itslucybooks
4,5/5

Es un libro que me gustó mucho y creo que es el primer libro que leo sobre esta autora. Me gusta que me pareció muy divertido ciertas escenas. También me gustó mucho personaje de richard porque parecía que fuera una mala persona pero en el fondo era muy bueno con julie. También me pareció muy divertida las escenas cuando eran niños mi favorita cuando lo empuja al lago. Odio al padre de richard y me gustó mucho el personaje del hermano. Mi libro favorito son los que dé un paso pasa del amor
Jessi
Part of the Malory series, this book tucks in nicely with the rest of the books. It is... dare I say it... much more like the first books in this series (which I adored) than some of the later ones (which I've judged to be "meh"). The story is fabulous! But not the use of exclamation points! There are a lot of them! It reads more like teen fan-fic sometimes than a Johanna Lindsey, well-respected, seasoned author!
Julia Miller's family is not haute ton. They're not even ton, just fabulously wealth
Tonya Warner
Julia has been betrothed practically since birth. Her first meeting with her husband-to-be was when she was five, but it went horribly wrong, as did every meeting they had until Richard disappearred from England. Wanting him to like her, his animosity wounded her, and since she was just a child, she struck out drawing blood nearly every time.

Richard's father was a very cruel man, and he wanted nothing to do with making his father richer by marrying Julia for her money.The anger he felt for the m
MountainKat
Aug 11, 2011 MountainKat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, ebook
Well, that was more like the Johanna Lindsey I loved when I started reading romance oh so many years ago!

I really enjoyed Richard and Julia's story! I like both the characters and how they came together Having been engaged since they were children and enemies almost as long, they had to almost start over as strangers - literally! I liked how the two families were the antithesis of each other, one loving and one controlling. Her loving her father made his hating his father even more real for me.
Nisha
I'll be honest, I'm a little (ok, alot) disappointed about JL's recent contributions to HR. I absolutely couldn't finish the last book with Boyd and secret Malory heroine (oh, kill me now). But unexpectedly, this book was pretty enjoyable.

The hero is our favorite rogue, Richard Allen, aka. Jean Paul. He's much more exciting than the rest of the Andersons, I must say. And Richie has a past, or actually a childhood engagement with the heroine, Julia Miler. Unfortunately, both of them hate each oth
Readitnweep
Amelia Fransiska
Jul 04, 2010 Amelia Fransiska rated it liked it
TPS seharusnya gak perlu masuk list Malory Saga *gak rela*
soalnya hero n heroine nya gak ada darah Malory ato Anderson.
Richard n Julia critanya cm 'kenalan' ni the Malorys...

Richard n Julia udah di tunangkan sejak Julia brumur 1tahun.
Pd umur 5thn Julia pertama kali brtemu dgn tunangan nya yg saat itu brumur 11thn.
Richard sangat membenci ayahnya sang tiran aka Earl of Manford, jd pas pertama ktemu Julia, dia langsung benci stengah mati..
Julia pun merasakan hal yg sama.
Mereka sepakat utk saling me
Lynsey A
Well, this book wasn't too bad. However, I gave it three stars because it took me half the book to like either the hero or the heroine. I wanted to slap Richard for his obsession with Georgina and Julia seemed just a bit of an insensitive brat. Later though, they grew on me. The end was quite satisfying. I was afraid Johanna Lindsey was going to try and turn the horrible father into a better man but she didn't. He got what he deserved.

It was very nice to visit with the Malory's again. I love the
Raine
Kinda boring. I ended up skipping over some parts. Not as great as some of Johanna Lindsey's older books. I didn't really believe how he could all of a sudden fall in love with her since there was really nothing that she showed him that he could love. She didn't really DO anything that might make him fall in love with her and vice versa.
Cai
From a young age, Lord Richard Allen & Julia Miller have been betrothed. It became a betrothal that neither of them wanted. Richard wanted choices and Julia found Richard mean and unkind. Fast forward several years and Richard returns to England after disappearing for nine years, throwing a spanner into the works as Julia tries to have the contract terminated.

I love Johanna Lindsey and will eagerly read anything she writes. I must admit she usually follows a particular formula. Boy meets gir
Aly
Mar 05, 2011 Aly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the story... there were some expected plot turns, and some surprises as well. There were no doubts as to how it would conclude, but I enjoyed watching the characters get there nonetheless. However the writing was not fantastic. I didn't actually believe the characters were English from their language, aside from a few "a'tall"s tossed in. This is my first Malory novel, and with no background of the characters I could easily see which characters must have been in the other books. ...more
Anne Osterlund
Nov 14, 2011 Anne Osterlund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia has one major impediment to a perfect social season in London. Her fiancé.
Who . . .

a. Hasn’t set foot in England for nine years.
b. Once dangled her upside down over a balcony.
c. She can’t wait to have declared dead.

There’s just one slight hang-up: the guy she singles out at the masquerade party as her first real possibility once her marriage contract is declared null and void—Yep, turns out to be the same fiancé.

Johanna Lindsey’s MALLORY books are like candy. At least one should be devoure
Sheila Melo
Jun 06, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Malory Book About Secondary Characters

THAT PERFECT SOMEONE is the tenth book in the Malory Family Series. It is not a book about the Malorys or Andersons however. It is the story of Richard Allen who readers of the series meet in CAPTIVE OF MY DESIRES. Richard is the friend of Gabrielle Brooks Anderson who believes he is in love with Georgina Malory. Richard fled England to avoid the arranged marriage his father wants. Julia Miller is twenty one and ready to declare her reluctant fiance dead so
Kelly
I think I preferred the premise of this novel more than the novel itself. The idea of two betrothed children hating each other and fighting, then meeting as adults and falling for each other, until twist time they find out that they are enemies of old and barriers go back up, was original. I loved how the anger between the leads sparked further passions, and caused confusion and anger but underlying tenderness.

Overall I thought the novel took itself a bit too seriously, I would love to see, s
Kimberly
I've missed the Malory clan. In a time a when appearing to be perfect is the goal of The Ton, The Malory Family are very happy and comfortable being the antithesis of what is expected. It may even be argued, that James and Tony make it a point to push the enevople even futher. With time, all things change, at least somewhat. James and Tony are happily married and still in love as are two of thier children. This is a seemily peaceful time for the family. Into this time, Richard Allen has decided ...more
Becky Frost
I read somewhere (may actually be on here) in an interview with JL that her favorite literary hero has become James Malory. I am starting to believe this is true because if you step back one book in this series, she made James Malory the level headed one and Tony the hot mess. When the heck has Tony EVER been a hot mess? NEVER until that last book. And in this one, James is called upon to be physical comic relief and then the savior again of the person he hates. Getting to be a pretty darn old f ...more
Liba
Feb 02, 2016 Liba rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia and Richard are engaged since childhood. As children, they disliked each other. Now both in their
20s, they meet after many years and no recognition till much later.
Richard is sure he is in love with a married lady- Georgina Malory.Her husband James knows that and threatens to kill her "suitor".
Meanwhile, Julia's father is ill, suffering from amnesia for the last 5 years.Richard's father, the earl,
needs the Miller money and makes everything possible to marry Richard and Julia.He even kidna
Vidya Azzizi
Jan 26, 2014 Vidya Azzizi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the fact that neither of the hero or heroine has the name Malory or Anderson in it, I have to admit, among all Malory-Anderson series that Johanna Lindsey wrote, this one is my favorite. It was kinda unpredictable, not in a good way, but Johanna Lindsey wrapped it up very nicely with a nice touch of humor. I read this 2 years ago, yet, I still find myself reaching for this book in my spare time.
Debbie
Jun 29, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Malory Novel, one that I somehow managed to miss when it was released last year. I really LOVE the Malory series. And I really enjoyed this book, but it really wasn't a Malory book. Members of the Malory family were involved in the story here and there, but the hero and heroine were just friends/acquaintances of some Malory family members.
Ashley Smith
Jun 04, 2016 Ashley Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I loved this book. Excellent characters who grew and adapted as the story went along. A story that held its weight and was believable, and just the right mixture of pirates, adventure, and love. If you're looking for a book that takes you back to another lifetime, this is the book for you.
Brandy *Ahviel*
Okay I loved this book, however when author talked about James's son Jermey and his wife I felt lost. Was I missing a book? Most of the characters were talked about which was nice.
Overall this was a good read
Dorothea Müller
Julia Miller war ihr Leben lang Verlobt. Sie ist nur eine einfach Kaufmannstochter, aber steinreich. Als Kind wurde sie mit einem zukünftigen Lord verlobt. Er ist schon sehr lange verschwunden, doch sein Vater lässt sie nicht aus dem Vertrag. Als sie auf einen Maskenball Jean Paul begegnet, will sie ihr Leben endlich wieder in die Hand nehmen. Doch Jean Paul ist nicht der Mann, der er vorgibt zu sein.

Ich liebe die Mallory Familie. Die Männer sind Männer und die Frauen bärenstark und wickeln die
juliet
Aug 10, 2010 juliet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've realized I can't read these kinds of books anymore. Either I've outgrown them or these series are getting cheesy and ridiculous. Bottom line, I want my money back.
Kamy
Jan 02, 2014 Kamy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blanca P.
Es entretenida, una "clásica" novela romántica, que te quedas con un buen recuerdo de ella, pero sin más.
Tawnya
May 02, 2011 Tawnya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love the Malory novels, and each one seems to top the last one.
  • The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae (Cynster, #18; The Cynster Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1)
  • Shameless (Banning Sisters, #3)
  • A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)
  • A Secret Affair (Huxtable Quintet, #5)
  • The Stolen Bride
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Passion Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #4)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • The Care & Feeding of Pirates (Regency Pirates, #3)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory-Anderson Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • The Holiday Present
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)

“Who said love was reasonable?” 39 likes
“But you don't let true happiness slip out of your grasp without one helluva fight.” 25 likes