Start by marking “Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu (That Perfect Someone)” as Want to Read:
Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu (That Perfect Someone)

Debar Cinta Dari Masa Lalu (Malory-Anderson Family #10)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  4,307 ratings  ·  250 reviews
Sembilan tahun lalu, Richard Allen meninggalkan Inggris ketika sang ayah, Earl of Manford, menjodohkannya dengan putri bungsu pedagang terkaya di London. Tak ingin bernasib sama seperti saudara tuanya yang merana akibat perjodohan, Richard memutuskan bahwa laut lah tempat ia akan bertemu dengan kebahagiaan.

Di Karibia, dia bergabung dengan para bajak laut pemburu harta karu
430 pages
Published June 2010 by Gagas Media (first published 2010)

KarenH
The blurb for this book here at GR touts it as a Malory novel and lists Georgina Malory as one of the main protagonists. Neither point is true so if you are jonesing for a new Malory installment, you will have to look to a future book. The H/h are, however, guilty by association as the hero, Richard, is friends with Gabrielle (Captive of my Desires) and her husband Drew (Georgina's brother), while the heroine, Julia, is merely a casual acquaintance of the Malory clan in general. James Malory doe ...more
Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One)
I'm very saddened by the books that JL has been releasing lately. It seems like she's run out of ideas and is only writing her books to reach a quota.
Please stop using the formulaic Malory plot of having to go on a rescue on the high seas. I still love James, but again, please stop making him beat everyone up. He's in his 40's already, can't he just settle for once?
I miss the feeling of heartbreak that accompanied the reading of her old books; Prisoner of My Desire, Heart So Wild and the Tony/Ja
Beatrizz1983
Aunque las últimas novelas de los Malory no han sido para tirar cohetes, ya con el libro de Boyd la cosa empezaba a mejorar... pero esta historia ha sido superior aún.
Reconozco que incluir esta novela dentro de la saga Malory.. es un poco pretencioso por parte de la Lindsey, ya que ningún parentesco o lazo sanguíneo los une.... pero siguen apareciendo los personajes más carismáticos de la saga.. por lo menos para mí, James Malory y Georgina.
Me he divertido, y me lo he leído en un pis pas... y no
Tonya Warner
Julia has been betrothed practically since birth. Her first meeting with her husband-to-be was when she was five, but it went horribly wrong, as did every meeting they had until Richard disappearred from England. Wanting him to like her, his animosity wounded her, and since she was just a child, she struck out drawing blood nearly every time.

Richard's father was a very cruel man, and he wanted nothing to do with making his father richer by marrying Julia for her money.The anger he felt for the m
Readitnweep
Amelia Fransiska
TPS seharusnya gak perlu masuk list Malory Saga *gak rela*
soalnya hero n heroine nya gak ada darah Malory ato Anderson.
Richard n Julia critanya cm 'kenalan' ni the Malorys...

Richard n Julia udah di tunangkan sejak Julia brumur 1tahun.
Pd umur 5thn Julia pertama kali brtemu dgn tunangan nya yg saat itu brumur 11thn.
Richard sangat membenci ayahnya sang tiran aka Earl of Manford, jd pas pertama ktemu Julia, dia langsung benci stengah mati..
Julia pun merasakan hal yg sama.
Mereka sepakat utk saling me
Lynsey A
Well, this book wasn't too bad. However, I gave it three stars because it took me half the book to like either the hero or the heroine. I wanted to slap Richard for his obsession with Georgina and Julia seemed just a bit of an insensitive brat. Later though, they grew on me. The end was quite satisfying. I was afraid Johanna Lindsey was going to try and turn the horrible father into a better man but she didn't. He got what he deserved.

It was very nice to visit with the Malory's again. I love the
Raine
Kinda boring. I ended up skipping over some parts. Not as great as some of Johanna Lindsey's older books. I didn't really believe how he could all of a sudden fall in love with her since there was really nothing that she showed him that he could love. She didn't really DO anything that might make him fall in love with her and vice versa.
Jessi
Part of the Malory series, this book tucks in nicely with the rest of the books. It is... dare I say it... much more like the first books in this series (which I adored) than some of the later ones (which I've judged to be "meh"). The story is fabulous! But not the use of exclamation points! There are a lot of them! It reads more like teen fan-fic sometimes than a Johanna Lindsey, well-respected, seasoned author!
Julia Miller's family is not haute ton. They're not even ton, just fabulously wealth
MountainKat
Well, that was more like the Johanna Lindsey I loved when I started reading romance oh so many years ago!

I really enjoyed Richard and Julia's story! I like both the characters and how they came together Having been engaged since they were children and enemies almost as long, they had to almost start over as strangers - literally! I liked how the two families were the antithesis of each other, one loving and one controlling. Her loving her father made his hating his father even more real for me.
Nisha
I'll be honest, I'm a little (ok, alot) disappointed about JL's recent contributions to HR. I absolutely couldn't finish the last book with Boyd and secret Malory heroine (oh, kill me now). But unexpectedly, this book was pretty enjoyable.

The hero is our favorite rogue, Richard Allen, aka. Jean Paul. He's much more exciting than the rest of the Andersons, I must say. And Richie has a past, or actually a childhood engagement with the heroine, Julia Miler. Unfortunately, both of them hate each oth
Aly
I really enjoyed the story... there were some expected plot turns, and some surprises as well. There were no doubts as to how it would conclude, but I enjoyed watching the characters get there nonetheless. However the writing was not fantastic. I didn't actually believe the characters were English from their language, aside from a few "a'tall"s tossed in. This is my first Malory novel, and with no background of the characters I could easily see which characters must have been in the other books. ...more
Anne Osterlund
Julia has one major impediment to a perfect social season in London. Her fiancé.
Who . . .

a. Hasn’t set foot in England for nine years.
b. Once dangled her upside down over a balcony.
c. She can’t wait to have declared dead.

There’s just one slight hang-up: the guy she singles out at the masquerade party as her first real possibility once her marriage contract is declared null and void—Yep, turns out to be the same fiancé.

Johanna Lindsey’s MALLORY books are like candy. At least one should be devoure
Sheila Melo
Malory Book About Secondary Characters

THAT PERFECT SOMEONE is the tenth book in the Malory Family Series. It is not a book about the Malorys or Andersons however. It is the story of Richard Allen who readers of the series meet in CAPTIVE OF MY DESIRES. Richard is the friend of Gabrielle Brooks Anderson who believes he is in love with Georgina Malory. Richard fled England to avoid the arranged marriage his father wants. Julia Miller is twenty one and ready to declare her reluctant fiance dead so
Kelly
I think I preferred the premise of this novel more than the novel itself. The idea of two betrothed children hating each other and fighting, then meeting as adults and falling for each other, until twist time they find out that they are enemies of old and barriers go back up, was original. I loved how the anger between the leads sparked further passions, and caused confusion and anger but underlying tenderness.

Overall I thought the novel took itself a bit too seriously, I would love to see, s
Kimberly
I've missed the Malory clan. In a time a when appearing to be perfect is the goal of The Ton, The Malory Family are very happy and comfortable being the antithesis of what is expected. It may even be argued, that James and Tony make it a point to push the enevople even futher. With time, all things change, at least somewhat. James and Tony are happily married and still in love as are two of thier children. This is a seemily peaceful time for the family. Into this time, Richard Allen has decided ...more
Becky Frost
I read somewhere (may actually be on here) in an interview with JL that her favorite literary hero has become James Malory. I am starting to believe this is true because if you step back one book in this series, she made James Malory the level headed one and Tony the hot mess. When the heck has Tony EVER been a hot mess? NEVER until that last book. And in this one, James is called upon to be physical comic relief and then the savior again of the person he hates. Getting to be a pretty darn old f ...more
Debbie
A Malory Novel, one that I somehow managed to miss when it was released last year. I really LOVE the Malory series. And I really enjoyed this book, but it really wasn't a Malory book. Members of the Malory family were involved in the story here and there, but the hero and heroine were just friends/acquaintances of some Malory family members.
Brandy *Ahviel*
Okay I loved this book, however when author talked about James's son Jermey and his wife I felt lost. Was I missing a book? Most of the characters were talked about which was nice.
Overall this was a good read
juliet
I've realized I can't read these kinds of books anymore. Either I've outgrown them or these series are getting cheesy and ridiculous. Bottom line, I want my money back.
Kamy
Tawnya
Love the Malory novels, and each one seems to top the last one.
Stacie
Julia has been engaged from a young child to Richard and can not move on with her life. Richard left England many years ago and no one has heard from him. Richard and Julia hate each other on sight as children. Richard had an abusive father and was determined not to be with Julia just because his father wants it. When Richard comes back to England, he and Julia met but do not recognize each other. They seem to be falling for each other and are flirtatious until they realize who the other is and ...more
Karla Mendoza
Es uno de esos libros que nunca imaginas que te atraparan, comienzan algo aburridos y luego no los puedes dejar de leer, me paso con este libro, al principio no me gusto mucho porque es una historia bien clasica, del odio al amor solo hay un paso, que de la rabia pasa a una pasiaon ardiente que te atrapa.

Bueno no le doy mas de 4 estrellas porque hay cosas que no me cuadran y si se odiaban tanto tendrian que haberse hecho sufrir un poco mas jajajaja demasiado rapido pasaron del odio al amor, aunq
Judy
Book 10: That Perfect SomeoneRichard Allen fled England years ago. He has been living on the high seas as a pirate/treasure hunter. He tries to sound french and calls himself Jean Paul. When he meets Georgina Mallory in one of the previous books, he falls head over heels in love with her, and becomes a target of hate to her husband, James. He has avoided England but now that he's here, he cannot resist one more look at his true love.Julia Miller has put up with much over the years. She was to be ...more
Ceej
I couldn't put this down. I think I fell in love with Richard in Captive of My Desires. I never dreamed he would get his own book. Richard was more real to me because he is like most men I know. They get caught up in what they can't have and the harder is to have, the more they want it. He's definitely real in that his selfish vendetta against his father takes precedence over any and everthing else. I felt as if he really wouldn't have realized his infatuation with George (I love James' nickname ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Lover of Romance
Julia Miller, having been betrothed all of her life, and never had a suitor since her betrothed disappeared years ago, but is unable to court or marry a man of her choosing since there is a contract between their families. Then one night at a masked ball she dances and shared a intimate kiss with a Frenchman, and in the end turns out to be the one man that she hates more than life itself....her betrothed....Richard Allen. Richard despised his father forcing him to have to marry Julia all those y ...more
Widhy Pratiwie
bingung jg,krn the last malory trnyt nyeritain soal richard. . . .yg notabene bkn bagian dari malory family maupun anders0n family. . .

dr awal baca yg captive my desire,udh g suka ma richard.s0alny karakterny kelampau nekad krn berani ngerayu georgina,tp pd akhrny lari terbirit2 saat ketauan james. . .

d buku ini jg d ceritain kalo richard msh tetep nekad bwt ngerayu gergie d pesta topeng ultah ge0rgie. . .tp syg richard lg2 ketauan dan d selamatkan oleh julia,teman ge0rgie.

blkgan ketauan kalo ju
Shelly LeCompt

About the Series:
This is your typical HR series. Wealthy & powerful English nobility at its finest; but this is not your typical family. Meet the Malorys. A beautiful, strong, determined, humorous & overall very enjoyable family. Beautiful people finding beautiful soul-mates sometimes quite begrudgingly. This family is full of stubborn & driven people that are lovely & hilarious. The men are sexy, strong, rake type alpha males; who are fun, carefree, witty & quite determined
  • In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster (The Cynster Sisters Trilogy #2)
  • A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)
  • Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Quintet, #4)
  • A Lady At Last
  • The Devil Wears Plaid
  • Never Less Than a Lady (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Night Storm (Night Trilogy, #3)
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Shameless (Banning Sisters Trilogy #3)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory-Anderson Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • The Holiday Present
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Prisoner of My Desire Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)

“Who said love was reasonable?” 34 likes
“But you don't let true happiness slip out of your grasp without one helluva fight.” 23 likes