Start by marking “Tranquil Light (The Dickens Inn, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tranquil Light (The Dickens Inn, #4)

Tranquil Light (The Dickens Inn #4)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  37 reviews
When a group of friends reunites at the Dickensian Inn bed-and- breakfast, little does Chas realize that the promises of a blessing are about to be fulfilled. As these women share their tender feelings and innermost secrets, the words of Charles Dickens take on greater significance for them, The pleasure of a generous friendship is the steadiest joy in the world. But even ...more
Published August 2nd 2010 by Covenant Communications Inc

To ask other readers questions about Tranquil Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquil Light

AnnaMay
I've decided the Jackson Leeds character is the one that makes me want to keep reading. I skimmed and skipped over the other storylines in the book.

I just couldn't handle reading again and again how Chas decided to turn off the light, or carry both baby monitors in case one of the kids fussed, or what made her decide to take a nap or just get up for the day, etc. Way too slow and way too much detail. If she and Jackson turned to each other, kissed, and expressed their love one more time, I real
Lisa the Librarian
I really ended up pretty sick of Jackson and his whining throughout this book. "I'm not good enough for you..." yadda, yadda, yadda. I was frustrated with him about halfway through the book. (actually a lot sooner than that).

Dude! You had a past, before you found the gospel. You repented and got baptized. If you believe in the gospel, the principle of repentance and baptism and the power of the Atonement, anything you've done in the past is no longer an issue. Shut up and move on.
Traci
I kept finding myself skimming and saying to myself, "blah, blah, blah"...I think I'm done with Anita Stansfield for awhile. Too much drama and trauma and not enough plot. I only picked up this series because of the reference to Dickens whom I love, and I liked the first of the series, but they have gotten steadily worse with each book, and this last one I hope puts the series out of its misery.
Kathryn
Apzmarshl
Jodie
I think this book was a little unrealistic for most people. Like really who could afford to spend an enitre week with friends, (not only monetary, but family)? And does anyone really get along that well with that many people for that many days? I also don't think that the temptations and trials were portrayed well before a temple sealing after already married. It really is harder than portrayed, speaking from experience...and it's hard regardless of whether or not you have had the knowledge of t ...more
Darci Clark
This was a bit harder to get through. I am with other readers that I found myself skimming.
Catherine
I did not like this book hardly at all. I enjoy Anita Stansfield books, and I had enjoyed this series, but sometimes I think she needs to end a series rather than continue on with it. The first 3 books were really good, but this 4th one stunk in my opinion. I was so frustrated with Jackson through most of the book. He was nothing but a complete idiot. I felt like the storyline was totally pointless, and Jackson ended up saying that he had been really stupid and I couldn't help but agree. So I wo ...more
Terrie
Rebecca
This book wasn't my favorite book of the Dickens Inn series. Some of the story was repeated over and over throughout the book and it was kind of slow for me. It was still a good book, but the way Jackson would never talk to Chas about anything was kind of annoying. Just talk and get it all out! It really does make you feel better when you have a problem with something. I'm looking forward to reading the last book of the series to see what it's all about.
Becky
There are 2 story lines going on in this book. I found the storyline of the group of women staying at the inn to be interesting and each of their stories intriguing. The story line of Jackson wallowing in his own mire of self-pity was just painful. Everybody knew he would eventually come to terms, so it just made the book long waiting for him to discover what everybody else already knew.
Susan
I would love being invited to a girlfriend's retreat for a week! I'd love to chat, eat good food, and just plain relax--wouldn't it be wonderful to have a massage. I have to say that I'm just really tired of Jackson's past causing a rift between him and Chas, and even making me depressed. I love Anita Stansfield's happy endings though. It's the one good reason to keep reading.
Tina
To tell the truth, I'm kind of getting tired of this series. Which is really strange, since I normally love to return to familiar characters over and over again. When I returned this book to my mom she told me that a new book just came out for this series...which I'll probably read, but if it's the last one, I won't be too sad.
Melissa
I'm sorry, but I'm getting a little tired of Jackson's emotional problems. Some big issue always comes up in every book, and he has to go into hiding and leave his wife. I don't know how she puts up with him! I must say I really do wish the Dickensian Inn really did exist, because it sounds like a great place to visit!
Angee
Anita Stansfield is such a good author. I really enjoy her books! I usually finish them in a couple of days. The storyline and drama pull me in.

I loved this book of friendship, love, forgiveness, and healing. It helped me realize that I need to be more forgiving and loving in my own life. A great read!
Tfish
I like the story, but I felt it dragged somewhat. Books in this series are somewhat formulistic. This book could have easily served as a conclusion to the series, but there is yet another one to read.
Norah Baron
Honestly this series has been my least favorite of Anita Stansfield. I hated the leading man and each book really dragged. Goodbye Jackson and I really hope you don't pop up in any future books.
Debbie
This was a good sequel to the other books in the series. It was interesting to read how Jackson overcame some more challenges in his life. My daughter and I also liked reading this book.
Diane
A nice ending to the series. I love the idea of the Inn and the harbor it is for others. The same "this is what we did today" writing--easy to read, but doesn't make you think a lot.
Alanna Francom
This book kept my interest but probley only cause I read the others books in the series and so I knew that characters very well and wanted to know what happened.
Jana
I didn't like this one. Too many details, too many story lines. Shallow. sorry, I tried to like it, but I just couldn't. skimmed through the whole thing.
Jessica
Ugh. Reading this book was like torture. The husband in the story needs to get a grip. What a pansy.

I am DONE with this author - I can't take it anymore!
I read it because I've read the other books in the series, but I had to really work to get through it. It wasn't my favorite by Stansfield.
Marcy
This was a good book, but not my favorite by Anita Stansfield. I think having read all of her books, they have just become very predictable.
Betty Ann Baer
Anita Stansfield always has problems in her books. Sometimes it's too much. I guess I could learn from these books how other people might feel.
Sherri Jamieson
This was probably for me the most annoying book of this series. I was good, but seriously so whinny! Jackson Leeds needs to man up!!
Lorrie Dibble
Not too far in to this one - but it's not as fast going as the rest in the series
Michelle Thayn
Not as happy with this story as I was the last one #3. I hope #5 is better.
Bonnie Gwyn
Pretty amazing, I must say! I never get tired of these characters. :)
Karijean31
Again another fine book written by an author I love!
  • A Forever Love
  • At the Journey's End
  • Poisoned Pedigree
  • Eyes of a Stranger (Autumn Rain, #0.5)
  • Shudder
  • The Stone Traveler
  • Crossfire (Saint Squad, #3)
  • Christmas in Haggerty
  • Santa Maybe
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues
More about Anita Stansfield...
The Gable Faces East (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #1) First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4) First Love, Second Chances (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #5) Gables Against the Sky (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #2) Towers of Brierley