Start by marking “Silent Fall (Silent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Silent Fall (Silent, #2)

Read eBook* *Different edition

Silent Fall (Sanders Brothers #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  2,044 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Dylan Saunders is attending a wedding in the mountains when a former lover appears out of nowhere, luring him into the woods, then leaving him there, drugged and disoriented. When he wakes, the woman has disappeared and Dylan is accused of her murder. Now he must rely on the help of a beautiful psychic haunted by her own dark past-and find the killer before the killer find ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Fall

Regan
Aug 02, 2008 Regan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes action with a cheesy ending
This book started off with a bang and it kept right on delivering fireworks right up until the end. Then it went kind of flat for me.

Okay, I'm a stickler for factually correct. It kind of lost me when the police procedural aspects went to total fiction. If there's a suspected murder or foul play and it happens to someone from another jurisdiction, they're at least going to do a welfare check. There's going to be something. It wasn't as off as Silent Run, but it was off. The writing and heart st
Melody Cox
This was a good read but I have to say book one 'Silent Run' was my favorite.

The story-line was a bit different and something I don't readily believe in, but I enjoyed the journey and the main characters.

If you were to ask me what kept this from being a 5-star read the answer is this: I hate it when you know that a guy and gal are going to end up together (figured that out in book one) and they've met and spent some time in each others company, yet before he sees her again at the wedding he has
Vivian
Jun 25, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dylan and Catherine are both lost souls convinced that their lives would always have a void no one could fill, until the past comes back with a vengeance...to haunt them and to hunt them down. A great story about trust and perseverance. Silent Run is the first book of this very well written duo. Enjoy!
Kristy
Nov 17, 2011 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was intriguing and exciting and then the end came and i wanted to throw it across the room! it was a horrible ending and it was just so flat. it was almost like the author got tired of writing and decided to just throw anything in there and leave it! very frustrating because it could have went so much further.
Nenette
May 16, 2013 Nenette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never saw that coming; there wasn't a hint anywhere on the person of the real villain. Being the case, this for me is a well written suspense thriller. I wasn't so thrilled though on the romantic parts as I felt they were too lengthy for their significance to the story.

A good read overall.
Ash
Jan 23, 2015 Ash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good suspense. Totally enjoyed the book.
Brandi Sartin lawrence
This book pulled me in on the first page. I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know-had to know-what was going to happen to Dylan and Catherine. I'm glad that Teresa was mentioned in the book and that you got a glimpse of what happened in her life. I would really like to read about her.
Mar 28, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
3.5 Stars

Silent Fall was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. It was well written, the story was interesting, it was just a good read. I was expecting romantic suspense fluff, which is what I thought the first book was (though it has been a while since I read it and I don't quite remember. I remembered the basic storyline, but not much else).

Silent Fall starts off where Silent Run ended, at the wedding. Dylan is there talking to Catherine, the psychic, when a one night stand who was an in
Daphne
Dec 13, 2015 Daphne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins after Dylan Sanders attended the wedding of his brother, where he was led by his former lover Erica and being lured into the woods where he was drugged and disoriented. The next morning, she had disappeared and Dylan was accused of her murder. Catherine, a friend of Sarah is a psychic who had visions that Dylan was in trouble.

Moving on to the characters, Dylan Sanders, a journalist who has a forthright character but is cynic towards people; I felt more strongly towards Dylan th
norcalgal
Twice this almost became a DNF for me, but I persevered, hoping the story gets better, and that the male lead becomes a hero worthy of Catherine. Alas, it was not to be on either account.

Not once did I feel heart-pounding suspense or terror. Thus, in that regard, this novel abysmally fails its genre.

Even the twists (like Dylan having a different biological father) seemed a little ham-fisted.

Having a jerk of a male lead didn't help my feelings towards this novel. The only character I marginally c
Sep 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good romantic suspense thriller. While attending his brother's wedding, Dylan Sanders is approached by Erica Layton, a former lover, telling him she has to talk to him in private, while leading him to a walking trail in the nearby woods. This is the last thing Dylan remembers before waking up the following morning alone in the woods. As he makes his way back to the hotel where the reception had taken place the previous night, the police begin questioning him regarding the disappearance of ...more
Barb
Jul 02, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story of Silent Fall is sort of a continuation of Silent Run. Right after his brother's wedding Dylan is talking with Catherine when she tells him he will be involved with 2 women and 1 he will have a loving relationship with, the other may be harmful. Enter Erica. She tells him she needs to see him privately, she was a source of information from a murder investigation he worked on as a journalist, but things went to far one night and they had a one night stand. He leaves with her and wakes ...more
Paula Legate
This was a fast pace suspense thriller. I loved the twist and turns along the way. I normally do not read books were the characters have physic ability's. In this story it was a nice touch. Dylan does not believe in physic powers, but he couldn't argue, when he saw it first hand. Catherine would tell him what would happen, and it would happen. I loved the way she could read his mind. it was funny.

Dylan was being set up for murder, and Catherine wanted to help him. She made herself his partner.
Joan
Jun 18, 2015 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silent Fall is a good read. The plot is multi-faceted and interesting, the characters are unusual but mostly believable, and the pace is fast. I wasn't crazy about the supernatural aspects of the story, but they were not the turn-off for me that supernatural elements usually are. The denouement would not have been believable without the thorough character development that the author had done throughout the book. As a writer, I appreciated the smooth writing style, attention to word choices, and ...more
Sharon Mcnulty
Jul 17, 2013 Sharon Mcnulty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good read. It was an excellent read until about the last 15 pages but the climax was kind of out of left field, although the motivation made a lot of sense. I admire Ms. Freethy's ability to write a book that focuses on the two main characters for at least 90% of the story and make those characters so extremely interesting that it kept my interest throughout. I am dragging today because I stayed up too late finishing the book. I'm glad I still have a long list of Freethy books to ...more
Sparkymom
Oct 27, 2014 Sparkymom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first.

While I enjoyed the first book about these brothers, this one was way more to my liking. Dylan and Catherine were more likable and had better chemistry than Sarah and Jake. The paranormal aspects of this book were also interesting. I liked how the couple had to move out of their comfort zones in order to be what the other needed. The story had plenty of suspense and great romantic chemistry. I am enjoying this author and plan to check out more of her work.
Ry
Nov 28, 2009 Ry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, adult, romance
Catherine and Dylan really couldn't appear to be more different. She is a little bit of a psychic and he is a skeptic. Doesn't sound like they'd get along...But when something happens at a mutual acquaintences (sp) wedding they are thrown together for a whirlwind adventure. Very good reading. I wouldn't give it a five just because I am a snob about the style in which things are written. The story line was intrinsically satisfying to unfold.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

"Dylan Saunders is attending a wedding in the mountains when a former lover appears out of nowhere, luring him into the woods, then leaving him there, drugged and disoriented. When he wakes, the woman has disappeared and Dylan is accused of her murder. Now he must rely on the help of a beautiful psychic haunted by her own dark past-and find the killer before the killer finds them..." (From Amazon)

A great second novel balanced well with romance and suspense.
Joni
Sep 17, 2012 Joni rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book, lots of excitement.

In the first book, I didn’t like the character Dylan, and I was happy to see he was in the background. But in this 2nd book, I fell in love with him….the chemistry between the two main characters are awesome; this was the better of the two books.

Usually in a mystery book, you can figure out by the middle what’s going to happen or who did it. I was taken by surprise with this one; it keeps you guessing all the way to the end.
Candice Ellis
Mar 09, 2015 Candice Ellis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspense and love in one story

I love the unique characters in the Sanders brothers stories. Catherine is the best because of her ability to catch a glimpse into the future. The book is an easy read and enjoyable. At times the storyline would drag and would pick back up to only sometimes drag on again. The conclusion at the end of the story surprised me and was not what I expected.
Sandra Lancaster
Excellent suspenseful mystery that will keep you guessing and surprise you in the end. This book kept me guessing as to who, what and why. Just when I thought I had figured it out I was proved very wrong.

I enjoyed watching Dylan and Catherine's relationship begin, grow and become strong. They each discovered things about themselves along the journey.

Silent Fall can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading the first book in the series, Silent Run, as it is excellent.
Julia Miller
Mar 06, 2013 Julia Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd book in the Sander's Brothers series. This story had more mystery, intrigue and mysticism than the first. A bit more suspenseful too. The story flowed freely. The characters were well defined. Twist and turns that I didn't suspect. I guessed the villain wrong . I was not disappointed because the actual villain had more motive. I was intrigued with how Catherine's past became part of Dylan's present nightmare.
Maureen
Dylan Sanders, brother of Jake, from the first book is drugged by an ex lover and wakes up in the middle of the woods. He is being framed for a murder he didn't commit. Catherine, a psychic friend of Sarah's (Dylan's sister-in-law) joins Dylan to help clear his name. They fall in love and reveal all of their secrets. Another super fast read. Great suspenseful ending.
Polly
Oct 06, 2013 Polly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! A book about trust, hate, and, finally love.
Our hero and heroine are so very well connected, both physically, and emotionally,
but, it takes us, the readers, a while to understand why. This story had me from
page one. What great suspense. The romance builds slow, but you can tell that
it's romance that is here to stay. I really loved this book.
Jo Ann Clark
Dec 18, 2015 Jo Ann Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sanders Brothers.

Enjoyed both books in this 2 book series. Both very suspenseful as well as keeps you wondering how each relationship will work out, what they go through to reach the ultimate happy ever after conclusions. Good Reads! Thanks Barbara for your usual good work.
Jo Ann Clark
Liz
Oct 18, 2013 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book Barbara Freethy is a wonderful writer. Right from the beginning I enjoyed the read. Cartherine had a troubled past that left her with nightmares and psychic ability. Dylan is a reporter and as an acquainted to Cartherine. Cartherine starts to have visions about Dylan and becomes involved when Dylan is drugged and becomes a suspect in a missing person investigation.
I liked the book because I'm a fan of Freethy's characters and their depth, but for some reason this story didn't compel me like some of her other work. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to other fans, but it didn't get under my skin and dig in like Just the Way You Are or make my heart cry like Between Now and Forever.
Connie
Sep 03, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I loved watching Dylan finally start to believe in Catherine's psychic abilities and watching Catherine slowly start to see that Dylan is leaving her because of her dark nightmares. The ending caught me by surprise! It was a great story that started off quickly and kept me from putting the book down until I finished it.
Gabby
Sep 04, 2008 Gabby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to Silent Run, this book is filled with a little more sex, more gore and if you are into the psycic thing...this book is for you. It's a bit far fetched, but it still keeps you on the edge of your seat with each twist and turn. Be careful who you think is after them...not always who you think.
Keri
Aug 25, 2015 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Good, quick read - enjoyed writing style. Didn't go into as much detail as some writers like Lisa Gardner but I like this author. Romance and some mystery. Liked the banter and dialog between characters - banter was witty and well done. Will read the series.

• In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • The Survivors
  • Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1)
  • The Betrayal
  • Present Danger
  • Angel Eyes
  • Explosive Attraction (The Morgan Brothers, #1)
  • Double Bound  (Tales from Ballena Beach, # 2)
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
  • Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)
  • Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Blade's Lady
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • I Got You, Babe (The DeMarco Family, #1)
  • A Month At The Shore
  • Starting Over (Treading Water, #3)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Sanders Brothers (2 books)
  • Silent Run

“It was always easier to believe the bad stuff people thought about you than the good.” 1 likes
“What I can promise is this -- I’ll never lie to you, betray you, or walk away from you.” 0 likes