Start by marking “Silent Fall (Silent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Silent Fall (Silent, #2)
Read eBook* *Different edition

Silent Fall (Sanders Brothers #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,739 ratings  ·  111 reviews
Dylan Saunders is attending a wedding in the mountains when a former lover appears out of nowhere, luring him into the woods, then leaving him there, drugged and disoriented. When he wakes, the woman has disappeared and Dylan is accused of her murder. Now he must rely on the help of a beautiful psychic haunted by her own dark past-and find the killer before the killer find ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Fall

Aug 23, 2008 Regan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes action with a cheesy ending
This book started off with a bang and it kept right on delivering fireworks right up until the end. Then it went kind of flat for me.

Okay, I'm a stickler for factually correct. It kind of lost me when the police procedural aspects went to total fiction. If there's a suspected murder or foul play and it happens to someone from another jurisdiction, they're at least going to do a welfare check. There's going to be something. It wasn't as off as Silent Run, but it was off. The writing and heart st
Really good suspense. Totally enjoyed the book.
Twice this almost became a DNF for me, but I persevered, hoping the story gets better, and that the male lead becomes a hero worthy of Catherine. Alas, it was not to be on either account.

Not once did I feel heart-pounding suspense or terror. Thus, in that regard, this novel abysmally fails its genre.

Even the twists (like Dylan having a different biological father) seemed a little ham-fisted.

Having a jerk of a male lead didn't help my feelings towards this novel. The only character I marginally c
3.5 Stars

Silent Fall was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. It was well written, the story was interesting, it was just a good read. I was expecting romantic suspense fluff, which is what I thought the first book was (though it has been a while since I read it and I don't quite remember. I remembered the basic storyline, but not much else).

Silent Fall starts off where Silent Run ended, at the wedding. Dylan is there talking to Catherine, the psychic, when a one night stand who was an in
it was intriguing and exciting and then the end came and i wanted to throw it across the room! it was a horrible ending and it was just so flat. it was almost like the author got tired of writing and decided to just throw anything in there and leave it! very frustrating because it could have went so much further.
Dylan and Catherine are both lost souls convinced that their lives would always have a void no one could fill, until the past comes back with a haunt them and to hunt them down. A great story about trust and perseverance. Silent Run is the first book of this very well written duo. Enjoy!
Paula Legate
This was a fast pace suspense thriller. I loved the twist and turns along the way. I normally do not read books were the characters have physic ability's. In this story it was a nice touch. Dylan does not believe in physic powers, but he couldn't argue, when he saw it first hand. Catherine would tell him what would happen, and it would happen. I loved the way she could read his mind. it was funny.

Dylan was being set up for murder, and Catherine wanted to help him. She made herself his partner.
I never saw that coming; there wasn't a hint anywhere on the person of the real villain. Being the case, this for me is a well written suspense thriller. I wasn't so thrilled though on the romantic parts as I felt they were too lengthy for their significance to the story.

A good read overall.
Silent Fall is a good read. The plot is multi-faceted and interesting, the characters are unusual but mostly believable, and the pace is fast. I wasn't crazy about the supernatural aspects of the story, but they were not the turn-off for me that supernatural elements usually are. The denouement would not have been believable without the thorough character development that the author had done throughout the book. As a writer, I appreciated the smooth writing style, attention to word choices, and ...more
Better than the first.

While I enjoyed the first book about these brothers, this one was way more to my liking. Dylan and Catherine were more likable and had better chemistry than Sarah and Jake. The paranormal aspects of this book were also interesting. I liked how the couple had to move out of their comfort zones in order to be what the other needed. The story had plenty of suspense and great romantic chemistry. I am enjoying this author and plan to check out more of her work.
Sandra Lancaster
Excellent suspenseful mystery that will keep you guessing and surprise you in the end. This book kept me guessing as to who, what and why. Just when I thought I had figured it out I was proved very wrong.

I enjoyed watching Dylan and Catherine's relationship begin, grow and become strong. They each discovered things about themselves along the journey.

Silent Fall can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading the first book in the series, Silent Run, as it is excellent.
I really enjoyed this book. I loved watching Dylan finally start to believe in Catherine's psychic abilities and watching Catherine slowly start to see that Dylan is leaving her because of her dark nightmares. The ending caught me by surprise! It was a great story that started off quickly and kept me from putting the book down until I finished it.
I liked the book because I'm a fan of Freethy's characters and their depth, but for some reason this story didn't compel me like some of her other work. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to other fans, but it didn't get under my skin and dig in like Just the Way You Are or make my heart cry like Between Now and Forever.
bonnie kirchner
Silent Fall

This was the second an d last book in the series about the Sanders Brothers. I really enjoyed this series . I really wish there were more in this series. I would recommend this series. I hope that Barbara Freethy writes some more books in this series.
Candice Ellis
Suspense and love in one story

I love the unique characters in the Sanders brothers stories. Catherine is the best because of her ability to catch a glimpse into the future. The book is an easy read and enjoyable. At times the storyline would drag and would pick back up to only sometimes drag on again. The conclusion at the end of the story surprised me and was not what I expected.
Good, quick read - enjoyed writing style. Didn't go into as much detail as some writers like Lisa Gardner but I like this author. Romance and some mystery. Liked the banter and dialog between characters - banter was witty and well done. Will read the series.

It's a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way through. It was hard to put the book down. The unexpected ending was so totally not what I was expecting. A must read. Read Silent Run as well (the first book in the series).
The story of Silent Fall is sort of a continuation of Silent Run. Right after his brother's wedding Dylan is talking with Catherine when she tells him he will be involved with 2 women and 1 he will have a loving relationship with, the other may be harmful. Enter Erica. She tells him she needs to see him privately, she was a source of information from a murder investigation he worked on as a journalist, but things went to far one night and they had a one night stand. He leaves with her and wakes ...more
A great follow up to Silent Run, although it could easily be read on it's own. The storyline picks up with two of the minor characters from Book #1 and takes you on a pretty wild ride! Mystery, romance, thrills...and a complete surprise at the end!
DeAnn Walker
Page turner

Well written page turning suspenseful book. I loved reading this, there was never a dull moment of reading. It kept me interested from beginning to end.
This is a sequel to Silent Run, which I enjoyed, but it's not nearly as good. Protagonists aren't as likable, plot isn't as believable and the dialog is often downright annoying.
Elene Wood
Bought this as the follow up to Silent Running which I really enjoyed. This was equally as good. Didn't get the "who done it" until the reveal which was great.
Honestly not my favorite. I was so excited but was let down. It could have been better. I honestly don't remember much about it except for being let down.
ronald a pinarelli
Good and interestng

really enjoyed this book it kept you guessing I really did not figure out the ending until the last good job
Carolyn Kuhlman

Interesting mystery and love story. Enjoy this author and will definitely read more of her books. Have read other books she has written already.
Jemi Fraser
Another great story! Dylan and Catherine are an intriguing pair and the plot is full of twists and turns - a great read!
Not my usual genre. A simple mystery, but primarily a romance. OK for vacation, but I'm glad I read the e-book.
It was an okay story. I liked the main characters. Thought the ending was a bit lame. I rate this a 3, because I do not like the way it ended. There really was no closure for Dylan. The romance between the two main characters was the only believable thing in the story.
Excellent! When I can read the whole book and not realize who all the characters are involved, I love it!
Debi Johnson
This was a fun quick read. It was not altogether predictable, but somewhat. The love story was cute I thought.
  • Angel Eyes
  • A Month At The Shore
  • In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1)
  • Turning The Tide
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Double Bound  (Tales from Ballena Beach, # 2)
  • Starting Over (Treading Water, #3)
  • The Betrayal
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1)
  • Sweet Vengeance (Garrick #2)
  • The Survivors
  • On Thin Ice
  • Pregnesia (Recovery Men, #3)
  • Freefall (High Risk #1)
  • Evil Without a Face (Sweet Justice, #1)
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Sanders Brothers (2 books)
  • Silent Run (Silent, #1)

“It was always easier to believe the bad stuff people thought about you than the good.” 1 likes
“What I can promise is this -- I’ll never lie to you, betray you, or walk away from you.” 0 likes