Start by marking “Silent Fall (Silent, #2)” as Want to Read:
Silent Fall (Silent, #2)
read ebook* *Different edition

Silent Fall (Sanders Brothers #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  1,510 ratings  ·  94 reviews
Dylan Saunders is attending a wedding in the mountains when a former lover appears out of nowhere, luring him into the woods, then leaving him there, drugged and disoriented. When he wakes, the woman has disappeared and Dylan is accused of her murder. Now he must rely on the help of a beautiful psychic haunted by her own dark past-and find the killer before the killer find ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Fall

Regan
Aug 23, 2008 Regan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes action with a cheesy ending
This book started off with a bang and it kept right on delivering fireworks right up until the end. Then it went kind of flat for me.

Okay, I'm a stickler for factually correct. It kind of lost me when the police procedural aspects went to total fiction. If there's a suspected murder or foul play and it happens to someone from another jurisdiction, they're at least going to do a welfare check. There's going to be something. It wasn't as off as Silent Run, but it was off. The writing and heart st
Ash
Really good suspense. Totally enjoyed the book.
3.5 Stars

Silent Fall was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. It was well written, the story was interesting, it was just a good read. I was expecting romantic suspense fluff, which is what I thought the first book was (though it has been a while since I read it and I don't quite remember. I remembered the basic storyline, but not much else).

Silent Fall starts off where Silent Run ended, at the wedding. Dylan is there talking to Catherine, the psychic, when a one night stand who was an in
Kristy
it was intriguing and exciting and then the end came and i wanted to throw it across the room! it was a horrible ending and it was just so flat. it was almost like the author got tired of writing and decided to just throw anything in there and leave it! very frustrating because it could have went so much further.
Vivian
Dylan and Catherine are both lost souls convinced that their lives would always have a void no one could fill, until the past comes back with a vengeance...to haunt them and to hunt them down. A great story about trust and perseverance. Silent Run is the first book of this very well written duo. Enjoy!
Nenette
I never saw that coming; there wasn't a hint anywhere on the person of the real villain. Being the case, this for me is a well written suspense thriller. I wasn't so thrilled though on the romantic parts as I felt they were too lengthy for their significance to the story.

A good read overall.
Sparkymom
Better than the first.

While I enjoyed the first book about these brothers, this one was way more to my liking. Dylan and Catherine were more likable and had better chemistry than Sarah and Jake. The paranormal aspects of this book were also interesting. I liked how the couple had to move out of their comfort zones in order to be what the other needed. The story had plenty of suspense and great romantic chemistry. I am enjoying this author and plan to check out more of her work.
Connie
I really enjoyed this book. I loved watching Dylan finally start to believe in Catherine's psychic abilities and watching Catherine slowly start to see that Dylan is leaving her because of her dark nightmares. The ending caught me by surprise! It was a great story that started off quickly and kept me from putting the book down until I finished it.
I liked the book because I'm a fan of Freethy's characters and their depth, but for some reason this story didn't compel me like some of her other work. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to other fans, but it didn't get under my skin and dig in like Just the Way You Are or make my heart cry like Between Now and Forever.
Candice Ellis
Suspense and love in one story

I love the unique characters in the Sanders brothers stories. Catherine is the best because of her ability to catch a glimpse into the future. The book is an easy read and enjoyable. At times the storyline would drag and would pick back up to only sometimes drag on again. The conclusion at the end of the story surprised me and was not what I expected.
Kathy
It's a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way through. It was hard to put the book down. The unexpected ending was so totally not what I was expecting. A must read. Read Silent Run as well (the first book in the series).
Barb
The story of Silent Fall is sort of a continuation of Silent Run. Right after his brother's wedding Dylan is talking with Catherine when she tells him he will be involved with 2 women and 1 he will have a loving relationship with, the other may be harmful. Enter Erica. She tells him she needs to see him privately, she was a source of information from a murder investigation he worked on as a journalist, but things went to far one night and they had a one night stand. He leaves with her and wakes ...more
Karen
A great follow up to Silent Run, although it could easily be read on it's own. The storyline picks up with two of the minor characters from Book #1 and takes you on a pretty wild ride! Mystery, romance, thrills...and a complete surprise at the end!
DeAnn Walker
Page turner

Well written page turning suspenseful book. I loved reading this, there was never a dull moment of reading. It kept me interested from beginning to end.
Helen
This is a sequel to Silent Run, which I enjoyed, but it's not nearly as good. Protagonists aren't as likable, plot isn't as believable and the dialog is often downright annoying.
Elene Wood
Bought this as the follow up to Silent Running which I really enjoyed. This was equally as good. Didn't get the "who done it" until the reveal which was great.
Nicole
Honestly not my favorite. I was so excited but was let down. It could have been better. I honestly don't remember much about it except for being let down.
ronald a pinarelli
Good and interestng

really enjoyed this book it kept you guessing I really did not figure out the ending until the last good job
Debby
Excellent! When I can read the whole book and not realize who all the characters are involved, I love it!
Robin
Excellent story. it keeps you guessing till the end. mystery romance
Loved that I didn't figure it out..enjoyed the suspense and fell in friendship with the main characters.
Diane
Fast paced and well plotted mystery.
Sharon Mcnulty
This was a very good read. It was an excellent read until about the last 15 pages but the climax was kind of out of left field, although the motivation made a lot of sense. I admire Ms. Freethy's ability to write a book that focuses on the two main characters for at least 90% of the story and make those characters so extremely interesting that it kept my interest throughout. I am dragging today because I stayed up too late finishing the book. I'm glad I still have a long list of Freethy books to ...more
Joni
This was a fun book, lots of excitement.

In the first book, I didn’t like the character Dylan, and I was happy to see he was in the background. But in this 2nd book, I fell in love with him….the chemistry between the two main characters are awesome; this was the better of the two books.

Usually in a mystery book, you can figure out by the middle what’s going to happen or who did it. I was taken by surprise with this one; it keeps you guessing all the way to the end.
Kris
3 STARS

"Dylan Saunders is attending a wedding in the mountains when a former lover appears out of nowhere, luring him into the woods, then leaving him there, drugged and disoriented. When he wakes, the woman has disappeared and Dylan is accused of her murder. Now he must rely on the help of a beautiful psychic haunted by her own dark past-and find the killer before the killer finds them..." (From Amazon)

A great second novel balanced well with romance and suspense.
Marcia Drake
Always enjoy reading this author's works-- keep me interested to the last page!
Ry
Catherine and Dylan really couldn't appear to be more different. She is a little bit of a psychic and he is a skeptic. Doesn't sound like they'd get along...But when something happens at a mutual acquaintences (sp) wedding they are thrown together for a whirlwind adventure. Very good reading. I wouldn't give it a five just because I am a snob about the style in which things are written. The story line was intrinsically satisfying to unfold.
Julia Miller
The 2nd book in the Sander's Brothers series. This story had more mystery, intrigue and mysticism than the first. A bit more suspenseful too. The story flowed freely. The characters were well defined. Twist and turns that I didn't suspect. I guessed the villain wrong . I was not disappointed because the actual villain had more motive. I was intrigued with how Catherine's past became part of Dylan's present nightmare.
Bobby Hutchinson

I love Barbara Freethy's writing, and this book was no exception. The mystery-story line held me enthralled, and I loved the dream sequences skillfully knitted into the story line. Adding in psychic ability is always tricky, but Freethy does it seamlessly.
  • Angel Eyes
  • In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • Borrowed Time
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Starting Over (Treading Water, #3)
  • A Month At The Shore
  • The Betrayal
  • Present Danger
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1)
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
  • I Got You, Babe (The DeMarco Family, #1)
  • Freefall (High Risk #1)
  • Turning The Tide
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • The Survivors
  • Evil Without a Face (Sweet Justice, #1)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Sanders Brothers (2 books)
  • Silent Run (Silent, #1)
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Silent Run (Silent, #1)

“It was always easier to believe the bad stuff people thought about you than the good.” 0 likes