Start by marking “Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)

Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,002 ratings  ·  63 reviews

Stasi Romanov uses just a little witch magic in her lingerie shop, running a brisk side business in love charms. A disgruntled customer threatening to sue over a failed love spell brings Trevor Barnes to town. Trevor's the best attorney around, and he just happens to be a wizard. Everyone knows that witches and wizards make a volatile combination—sure enough, the sparks fl

Published March 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked by Any Other Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked by Any Other Name

Julie (jjmachshev)
Three witches, a hunky warlock, a sexy vampire, and a mysterious collie are the six main characters in Linda Wisdom's latest novel. Of course, I should also mention the talking Kit-Kat clock, a miniature stone gargoyle that's alive, a magical Yorkie/Chihuahua mix, and rabid bunny slippers. If this sounds hilarious, that's because it is and "Wicked by Any Other Name" is chock full of humor and hot sex to boot.

Stasi and Blair live in a lovely small town with a magical lake that they and their clos
Marta hoelscher
Wicked By Any Other Name
by Linda Wisdom

"Sparks fly when a love charm goes awry, and Stasi finds herself in a preternatural lawsuit matching wits with devastatingly handsome wizard attorney Trevor Barnes. Then mysterious magic from an unknown enemy threatens to turn Stasi's quiet town into a modern day Salem, and Stasi's witchy friends from long ago gather for the fight. They need Trevor's powerful help. But every witch knows you can't trust a wizard, and soon Stasi is fighting for her life and
Cheryl
Witch Stasi Romanov learns that helping a friend doesn’t pay. Carrie, a human has just hired law attorney and wizard, Trevor Barnes to represent her as a client. She wants Stasi brought before the wizard counsel and her powers striped of her. Carrie claims that Stasi has interfered with her life by making her husband leave her. It is against the law for witches to meddle in human’s lives. Stasi is infuriated when she learns that she will have to argue her case not in the witches’ court but in wi ...more
Vannessa
Th third book in this series focussed on a different witch this time - Anastasia, or Stasi for short, and her witch sister Blair. They live in a small mountain village, where everyone knows and accepts that they are witches, but they all get along for the most part, until Stasi interferes just a little bit in a human's love life.

Carrie is mighty peeved that her husband has left her for another woman and blames Stasi and to enact her revenge hires a wizard lawyer, Trevor Barnes, to take Stasi to
Brandy
Muuuuuch better!! I like the focus on a different character. Stasi is the sweet one, Trev is a hottie, and the mystery was a good one. Although, I could pretty much tell who it was from the beginning, I was kept guessing WHAT they were.
Wendy Hines
Staci Romanov is one of the witches banished into the mortal world by the Witches Academy 700 years ago. She and another witch, Blair, share a home and each have shops in a small mountain town. Staci is a sweet, respected member of the community and almost never loses her temper. She is stunned when she is served court papers stating she is being sued for alienation for affection from a dissatisfied customer.

Trevor Barnes is the wizard attorney who takes the case against Staci. The moment he me
Hope Welsh
I loved the story of Stasi and Trevor. This is Book 3 in the Hex series. We meet old friends from 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover, too!

Trevor is a Wizard Attorney. He's outraged when he gets a complaint from mortal Carrie regarding a witch, Stasi, misusing her power and immediately takes the case.

When Trever finds his way to her lingerie store, she is shocked to discover his head circled by hearts--apparently Cupid has a warped sense of humor! Witches and Wizards simply don't mix--and this wizard is t
Cassandra
Review by Cassandra from Book Talk

My Thoughts

I do love Jazz's books (the first two in the series) but Stasi's book is what really captured me. We met Stasi along with her best friend Blair when they were conducting their moon rituals with Jazz or coming to Jazz's aid. This time we get a deeper look into not only Stasi but their history and her relationship with Blair. Stasi is a true romantic and is determined to help others find it in their lives with 'special' touches in the items she sells in
Kathy Davie
Third in the Jazz Tremaine very funny, paranormal romance series revolving around this feisty witch and her friends (actually it's one of those series that started as an urban fantasy per my own definition and now, it's evolving). The action in this story centers on the two witch friends who live up at Moonstone Lake.

My Take
This was cute, but not as funny as the first two. I did enjoy the plug Wisdom gave Vicki Lewis Thompson's Nerd series.

It was clear fairly early on who the real culprits were,
Tracy
Anastasia Romanov is the local witch at Moonstone Lake that everyone loves. She is incensed when she gets a summons to appear before the Wizard's court. A customer from her lingerie shop is suing her for a bad sachet spell. The only thing is that Stasi would not purposely tinker with someone else's romantic life. That is a job for Cupid.

Everyone knows that Witches and Wizards do not mix. So when Trevor Barnes determines that the witch his client is intent on suing has not yet retained council, h
Samantha
Wicked By Any Other Name introduces us to Stasi Romanov and her best friend Blair Fitzpatrick. Stasi is being sued in wizard's court by a vindictive customer who says that she ruined her marriage. Then Stasi meets Trevor Barnes, the wizard she will be going up against in court, and realizes that there is a lot more important things that she needs to worry about including the little red hearts over Trevor's head.

Wicked By Any Other Name is a continuation of Wisdom's Hex series and a great additio
Nic
This book was my first introduction time witchy sisters and I found it enjoyable.
Witch Stasi Romanov slipped a little something extra in a client who wanted her husband to come crawling back . . Naturally Moonshine has more human than supe inhabitants and its Stasi's luck that, Carrie, is of the human variety and she's spared no expense to get law attorney and wizard, Trevor Barnes to represent her in her suit. Her demands are quite reasonable in her mind totally stripping of Stasi's evil power
Erline
In this book, we've moved on from Jazz Tremaine and the focus is now on her witch sister, Stasi and Blair. Unlike the first two books, I had to put this one down after the first 50 pages or so.

I didn't like the pace at which this book started, it seemed a little scattered and it was moving at a lightening pace. Things were happening too quickly but I came back to it a week later when I started taking my Kindle to the gym with me.

The storyline was great, I thought it was fantastic and I'm glad Li
Katie(babs)
Another book dealing with magic is Linda Wisdom’s latest about sweet as pie witch Stasi Romanov, who was a classmate and long lasting friend with Jazz Tremaine, another character of Linda’s that was first introduced in 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover. Stasi lives with fellow witch friend, Blair in the small town of Moonstone Lake. The townspeople accept them, that is until one of them accuses Stasi of black magic. Stasi is being sued in Wizards’ Court by human Carrie Anderson who blames Stasi for wrec ...more
Shelly
Bunnyk
Apr 20, 2011 Bunnyk rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a high tolerance for repetition.
Recommended to Bunnyk by: Amazon, unfortunately.
Dear gods. If I'd seen the words Mercury in retrograde and an upcoming lunar eclipse one more time, I think I would've screamed.

The novel felt really rushed. Why do paranormal authors feel the need to put sex in? It's not even good sex, it's the sort of sex that makes you want someone else around so you can share the cringing at it. It really puts me off - I shan't be buying any more by LW.

This was meant to be a light fluffy relaxing read for me - if I'd had it in actual book format rather than
Natalie
Book 3 in the Jazz Tremaine (and Friends) series that includes the Demons series. Well, this one was about Stasi, one of Jazz's BFF's who lives up at Moonstone Lake, and her adventures with meeting and mating with her soul-mate. Linda Wisdom does such a great job of making us fall in love with her characters that you want to move in next door to them. This is fun paranormal romance at it's best. If you like Katie MacAlister then you'll like these too! I do have to admit that I'm skipping book 4 ...more
Myria
I have fallin IN LOVE with this series!!!! I'm really hoping the author writes many more. :) My favorite part of this book was the finale chapter. "Fluff and Puff VS Cupid" lmao!! As always, there are some great characters in this book. Horace the gargoyle is ridiculous but in a funny way! As for Trev, I like to think of him as Simon Baker. ;) *purrrrr!* hahahaha If you've been thinking of reading this series, just do it!! Even the hearts that appear over Trev && Stacies head are funny. ...more
Bobbye Hudspeth
A very cute series. I'll be looking for others. Three witches, best friends, banished from witch college because of witchy college pranks, forced into the 'real world' for hundreds of years. A sentence which keeps getting extended as they continue getting into trouble. Different trouble now, but trouble just the same. A fun read. Enough drama to keep you guessing, a few romantic sparks (not so much as to be schmaltzy or star-driveled...the look one gets when starry eyes become dewy, my own word- ...more
Diana
Stasi finds herself being sued by a vengeful woman in Wizard's Court--and her rival is represented by wizard Trevor Barnes. But why are there hearts dancing over his head? And the town she and Blair have lived in for generations seems to be taking a disturbing turn towards paranoia and hatred.

This was a very cute book, and I have to admit that I like Stasi better than Jazz; she's a lot more low-key but still fun. The growing unrest in the town was quite bothersome, and very full of tension. I di
I enjoyed this book. It was about a different witch than the first two was and not quite as action packed, but I still enjoyed it. I don't like to put spoilers in my reviews, so I can't say too much - but I am happy to report that while you might catch on to who the 'villians' in this story are if you pay a lot of attention, you won't know what they are or how they are doing it. Also, you do get to see Jazz and Nick from the first two books, so if you really loved her she isn't excluded. I look ...more
Yvonne
Just not the right book for me, at the right time.
Jamie
This is the second book in this series that I have read. I enjoyed it. I enjoy the main characters and the side characters ... which is probably what keeps me coming back for more. I enjoy the plot and trying to solve what's going on with the characters. They are always witty and funny.

On the other hand ... it reads slow for me ... I'm not sure why ... I just get bored at certain points. The plot and trying to figure out what's going on seems to out shine the romance, which is fine ... but the r
Alex
(My last book of 2013!)

I loved the first book in this series, and was bummed out when my library didn't have the second one. However they did have this one, which follows Stasi instead of Jazz.

Once again, the author made me fall in love with her characters. Even though the insta-love was annoying, I really enjoyed being back with these witches and their friends. I think these books are just so cute and fun!

My library doesn't carry any more of these books, but hopefully I can track some down one
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
I loved this addition to the Hex series by Linda Wisdom. After reading all three of these novels, I can’t believe that I waited this long to read them. Definitely make sure you check this series out if you haven’t already because this novel is awesome and I can’t wait to see if we’re going to get stories on all the 13 expelled witches.

For my full review, click here.
Deena
This was cute. Cotton candy, of course, but cute. Perhaps even a bit more substantive than book 4, which I read first. Like book 4, this one stands on its own quite well, even if read out of "series order." I will certainly look for the first two.

I find it amusing that the glowing "review" comments on the cover (front and back) are a) by authors whose work I didn't like, and/or b) by Wisdom's friends.

Me? Cynical about marketing? Why do you ask?
Erin
I really, really liked this book...so much so, that ten minutes after finishing it, I ordered the next one off of Amazon. So far, this was the best book in the series. I really liked Stasi and Blair...the only point that bothered me was that after the Witches Council returned the stores to the way they were pre-fire, no one checked on Kit-Kat to see if he was okay. But I hope that this is a long running series...can't believe I picked these up at BJ's!
Seawood
Amusing. Not quite as together plot-wise as the first two, I think. And the everyone-must-pair-up-with-a-hot-man motif is a *little* annoying. I guess they're supposed to be romances but it all seems a bit shoehorned in; concentrating on the mystery rather than the bonking would have suited me better, anyway. It was still interesting to see some of the characters fleshed out more, though, and they're all mostly likeable (*The* Librarian is ace).
Stingray
I gave this book more than a fair chance. I should've known I was getting awful schlock, but I couldn't resist the witches as main characters. However, the characters pale in comparison to my favorite fictional witch, Rachel Morgan (of Kim Harrison's Hollows series). I'll admit that I didn't finish the book, but I gave it an honest try - about 3/4 before I couldn't tolerate any more of the shear boredom.
Tammy
This book takes us into the lives of Jazz's friends, specifically Stasi the witch who runs a lingerie shop and does a brisk business in love charms on the side. When she's sued by a human customer she ends up face to face with a wizard attorney who, judging by the hearts floating in the air, is her soulmate.

These books are goofy and fun with some great characters.
  • Casual Hex (Hex, #3)
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch #2)
  • Gone with the Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2)
  • Accidentally Catty (Accidentals, #5)
  • My Favorite Witch
  • The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
I'm a multi-published author since 1979 and now writing paranormal romance or what I like to call witch lit. 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover came out this past March and Hex Appeal comes out in November with Halloween promotion and will also be carried in Target.

My witch series has also been optioned to be shopped around as a TV series or movie. So here's hoping!
More about Linda Wisdom...
50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Hex, #1) Hex Appeal (Hex, #2) Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4) Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5) A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)