Start by marking “Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life” as Want to Read:
Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life

Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life

With just a few ingredients and a few hours of time, your kitchen can become the perfect setting not only for a delicious meal but for experiencing the greatest blessings in life.

In Grace Before Meals: Recipes and Inspiration for Family Meals and Family Life, Father Leo Patalinghug (yes, the same Father Leo who defeated Bobby Flay on Throwdown!) helps you make family meal
Published July 27th 2010 by Image (first published September 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Grace Before Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace Before Meals

Julie Davis
Jul 21, 2010 Julie Davis rated it liked it
#70 - 2010.

Got a review copy in the mail yesterday and already can tell that this is a good book on several levels. Father Leo's focus is encouraging family participation in cooking and meals, which is something that I know has much more value than that bald statement can convey. Each short chapter is themed around a holiday or family celebration with an introduction basing it on faith, conversation starters, scripture to look up and read, and (naturally) recipes.

I have read the forward, intro,
Jul 20, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: catholic, cookbooks
My husband and I attended a cooking demonstration/NFP talk by Fr. Leo, and it was fabulous! He is funny and enthusiastic, and he has a passion for his faith that is inspiring! We are blessed to have him as a priest in our Catholic Church.

His cookbook is very good. It contains menus for various holidays, feast days and other family milestones. He weaves in stories, faith teachings and fun questions that families can discuss around the dinner table. His mission is to bring families together—ever s
Yolanda
Apr 14, 2011 Yolanda rated it liked it
Shelves: nutt-nutt
Father Leo had an idea involving food and prayer, like many good concepts his peers had their doubts, although I believe that has changed for the better from the success proven. I have not seen the television series or Father Leo on a popular food show called Throwdown with Bobby Flay. I wouldn't mind looking for them sometime because I did enjoy this book. There is some scripture with the coordinating holiday/recipes, ideas to celebrate and enjoy meals as family. The recipes are not complicated ...more
Maria Francisco
Feb 01, 2011 Maria Francisco rated it it was amazing
I had bought this book when it had first come out (and had given it as gifts to four friends in addition), and I will admit: even though I figured out his Fusion Fajita recipe is his variation on Bistek Tagalog, I wanted the recipe anyway—it beat the pants of Bobby Flay!!! I sat down and read the rest of it... and it's full of good stuff, great recipes, and wonderful reflections the entire family can enjoy. I cannot recommend this book enough!
Feb 01, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
I saw that Father Leo was coming to my church to present on Grace before Meals and I got curious. I knew I wouldn't be able to attend his presentation because I had a prior commitment but I am drawn to learning new ways of worship.

I like that this is meant to bring families together. I dislike being the only Catholic (or Christian) in my family and seeing so many resources for families but virtually none for Catholics without children or single Catholics. None of this has anything to do with Gra
Joan
Jun 25, 2010 Joan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, nonfiction
This is not your typical book you read and return to the library or your bookshelf. It needs to be passed on to family and friends, used as a family reference, and brought out for special occasions. Reflection and recipes - what a combination. Fr. Patalinghug does a great job bring faith to everyday family events.
Lisa
Oct 18, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
This would be a good book to get families with kids talking at holy days and special feast. Lots of discussion questions, scripture, and recipes to make together. A nice addition to a home library.
Polly Hillier
Polly Hillier rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Diane Elsner
Diane Elsner rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2013
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Dreena
Dreena rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Enrique
Enrique rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Bob Ross
Bob Ross rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Areti
Areti rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Juan Miguel Gamotia
Juan Miguel Gamotia rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2017
Jenny Sharpe
Jenny Sharpe rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2014
Kerry Ann
Kerry Ann rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Amanda Lauer
Amanda Lauer rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Tana
Tana rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2014
Andrea Mercer
Andrea Mercer rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Marianna
Marianna rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012