Start by marking “Blind Ambitions: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Blind Ambitions: A Novel

Blind Ambitions: A Novel

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From the author of Scenes from a Sistah and Getting to the Good Part, a provocative, dynamic story about making it big in the city of desire
Hollywood. The place people go to fulfill their dreams. But its reality is a cruel one: Opportunities are few and the competition ruthless. Innocent hearts can suddenly turn dark, and the most loyal of friends can become bitter enemi
Published May 11th 2010 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Ambitions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Ambitions

Valencia Quarles Shelby
Lolita Files does a wonderful job in this book. As per her style, and based solely on my experience when reading her novels, she left me hanging on yet another cliff. Blind Ambitions leaves the reader with the knowledge that faith, honesty, perseverance and determination all play a role in the overall human experience. I absolutely love this story.
However, with all of this being said, I am still curious as to whether or not there is a sequel to this story. What happens to Hazel/Meredith/Elise? D
Toye Mitchell
lolita did a great job i absolutely loved it.it kinda boring but i loved how every question i had she answered it . blind ambitions is a page turner and she predicts the feature of WB which is CW now funny great read
Nascha
I really enjoyed this book by Lolita Files. Set in Hollywood, Files explores the lifestyle, ambition and choices of three women all looking to succeed in Hollywood. It is the first book that I have ever read by Lolita Files and I was very impressed. She is a fine writer and I wish that she received more attention for her work.
Mom Taxi Julie
I picked this up at the library not realizing it was a black story line. I actually stopped reading it and read something else but then I didn't have anything to read so I finished reading it. It was a pretty good book but almost felt like a beginning writer wrote it. And it all worked out to easy in the end.
quatina Rockmore
The ending was good. but i expected a little more considering the build up with prologue. I was expecting something different, but all an all I think it was good.
Catrice Gilbert
It was a little too busy.. But otherwise a good book!
Debi
Debi marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Cheryl James
Cheryl James marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Halimah El-Amin
Halimah El-Amin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Cheryl James
Cheryl James marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Lee Branch
Lee Branch marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Nicole Allen
Nicole Allen marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Jeuelle
Jeuelle marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Reva Perry
Reva Perry marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Ncjammy
Ncjammy marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • The Savvy Sistahs
  • God's Gift to Women
  • Red Light Wives
  • Bling
Lolita Files is a contemporary African-American author and screenwriter. Files has a degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Florida and is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
More about Lolita Files...
Scenes from a Sistah Child of God Tastes Like Chicken: A Novel Getting to the Good Part Sex. Lies. Murder. Fame.