Start by marking “Back To Future” as Want to Read:
Back To Future

Back To Future (Back to the Future #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,082 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Based on a screenplay by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gule.
HE WAS NEVER IN TIME
FOR HIS CLASSES...

HE WASN'T IN TIME
FOR HIS DINNER...

THEN ONE DAY...

HE WASN'T IN HIS TIME AT ALL.

Both an exciting novel and high-spirited adventure film, BACK TO THE FUTURE is the unforgettable story of a modern time-traveling teenager whose journey to the past risks his very own future when he disco
Published July 1st 1985 by Berkley (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Back To Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To Future

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Oct 30, 2011 Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) by: Namerah
Shelves: borrowed, favorites
Oh.my.GOD! This book was so AWESOME! =D
Seriously guys, this book might be old but its million times better than the new books which are publishing today.
I remember watching Back to the future movies and I used to adore them. Michael J.Fox was absolutely amazing.
And as soon as I saw this book in my friend's house, I borrowed it.
This book is pretty much like the movie but much more detailed. It was exciting, adventurous and even funny. I loved the author's writing, the story flowed and I read it
Kelanth, numquam risit ubi dracones vivunt
Un romanzo che praticamente è un omaggio al film. Sembra la sua sceneggiatura e non sono bene informato, ma probabilmente è la sua trasposizione dovuta all'enorme successo che ha riscosso questo primo titolo di una trilogia del cinema ormai universalmente nota.

La trama credo che sia universalmente nota: Marty, adolescente degli anni ottanta, musicista rock, viene chiamato dal suo amico Doc per assistere a degli esperimenti sul viaggio nel tempo, ma in un parcheggio Doc viene raggiunto da alcuni
MissM
Wow, this was pretty bad. Very different from the movie. The character's personalities were very strange and off-putting. Doc was much more "normal" and less eccentric and slightly off of reality the way Christopher Lloyd played him. Movie Doc was a real character and not your average run-of-the-mill inventor; you could believe this strange man might have invented a time machine! Book Doc...? Hardly.

Book Marty was, I don't know, kinda bland, a little smarter and much less reactionary. What made
Daria
Oct 24, 2011 Daria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who's saw and liked the film and has an open mind.
Some film novelisations are almost the script with 'he said'/'she said' filled in. Not this one. The story is told with no small amount of depth, and I dare say you could enjoy this as a novel without ever knowing there had been a film (though the cover would be a giveaway, but you get the idea).

There are certain differences from the film. Whether because the author worked from a different script, or they simply felt that way, I don't know. The Marty of the novel is a bit more of a thinker, but
Indah Threez Lestari
936 - 2014

Versi compact untuk anak-anak.

Aah... pingin punya versi novelnya...
Emiko Miyasato
I spent about 70 minutes to read.
I read this book because I like the movie very much.

7 words summary
car, invent, past, parents, dogs, party, change

Do you want to go past or future?
I want to go to future because I'm interested in my job, life, husband. If I want to change my future, I have to change how to live.
Eric
In Back to the Future, a young boy who is a profesor's assistance accidentally winded up in the past when the profesor's time traveling car brings the boy (Marty) back to 1955. there he meets his parents and finds that his future as well as his parent's future are in danger when he finds out that he screwed up the past.
I enjoyed this book because it is very descriptive but also leaves room for the imagination. If you are looking for a interesting fiction piece, look no further because Back to t
Travis
This story is about a boy named Marty and he is a a professor's assistant and he is also a guitarist. In the story Marty goes back in the past using the professors time traveling car and he goes back in time when his parents were his age. As the story continues he meets his parents and by doing so he altered the future and it could have prevented his birth because he changed the past of how his parents met. Now he has to go back to the professor of that time to figure out how he can get back to ...more
Sid
It is totally mind blowing! this book is much better detailed, than the movie...oh yeah! michael j. fox is a hall of famer, So Marty was... the character of marty is totally striking. meanwhile... jennifer the love of his life, very rugged personality...But Doc Emmit hit the history, some of these are just clues! hit the McFly Family baby....

try this one, OLD STUFF but it's totally amazing, believe me! i recommend this book to all of you people, especially to those who love adventure scenarios.
Alvin
The book is about a kid called Marty who goes back to the past encountering his parents with a device that can travel through time by Doc. Doc dies in the future so he also wants to warn Doc while not changing too much of the past. A lot of weird things happen and he has to help his dad get his mom back together and changes a few things so that the future is brighter for his dad and him.

The story is amazing and has a lot of cool moments making you consider going back to the past to fix things.
Sofiane Merouani
Jan 11, 2014 Sofiane Merouani rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Medkour Hichem
Recommended to Sofiane by: Jason Feger
A mixture of comedy and high-spirited adventures of all time. Back to The Future follows a young teenager Marty McFly who becomes the first human time traveler. Exploring America of the 50s but McFly will quickly find out that messing out with past might jeopardy his future and even his existence. Based on the successful blockbuster Back to The Future co-written by Bob Gale & Robert Zemeckis. A Must Read and I do recommend it for everyone.
Amy
It was good as the movie was good. This book was written after the movie and is based entirely on the movie. My problem would be, I have seen the movie a million times and I know the story really well, so there was no suspense or surprise for me. If you have never seen the movie (if that is even possible)then read it, its great. If you seen the movie a bunch of times, well you know the story, and you do not need my review.
Ivan Stoikov - Allan Bard
One of the books based on a movie and I like it better than the movie itself! Usually it's the opposite - when the movie is made first, it's better than the book... Don't you think so too? Funny, inspirational adventure about traveling into the past and back, but also about the good, brave spirit everyone of us has to have inside to really cope with everything in life!
Meg
This book is freakishly awesome! I've been on an 80s movie novelization kick lately and the writing in this one is far superior to the others. It's just like the movie but with extras that had me laughing out loud. I loved the hair gel bit. Anyway, if you're a fan of the movie or the 80s in general, this is a fun read.
Nicolas
This was a pleasant surprise. I'm a huge Back to the Future fan, so it was fun to see some additional scenes and have a few things fleshed out more. As is often the case, it seems this was based on a earlier version of the script so there were some differences. Overall, very enjoyable.
Jenni
Only the best movie ever made - in book form! There are extra nuggets included in the book that are not in the movie-perhaps from an earlier script version. Overall, this is a great book to have when you want to read a movie. :)
I liked this book, but I'm not too crazy about it. It wasn't really like the movie(which I am crazy about!), it was actually almost hard to understand. Although it didn't seem like the movie, I guess it had the same plot.
Nate
Pretty horrible, really. But it was fun to notice all the differences.
My absolute favorite line of the book was on page 199.
"What if I get back to the future and end up being gay?"
F'real.
jacky
I loved these movies and loved rereading these books. They were a great way to "see" the movie again and again without actually having a VCR.
Murphy
If you can find this and are obsessed with the movies like I am, then this book is a rare treat.
Júnior Cassis
Really awesome and fantastic book! But I still prefer the movie.
Edward Davies
An awesome adaptation of one of the best films of the 80s.
Marts  (Thinker)
Movie starring Micheal J. Fox, enjoyed the book in school.
Jason Bartley
The movie was good. The book-so so.
Harry Rex
  • Independence Day: Novelisation
  • The Terminator
  • Grease
  • V
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Battlestar Galactica 3: The Tombs of Kobol (Battlestar Galactica, #3)
  • Ishmael
  • E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (Star Trek TOS: Movie Novelizations, #4)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • X-Men
  • Temný prorok (Divocí a zlí, #3)
  • Millennium

Back to the Future (3 books)
  • Back to the Future, Part 2