Start by marking “Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)

Midnight Run (Midnight #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  2,431 ratings  ·  127 reviews
Claire Parks has been very sick, but she's fine now—just fine—and ready to paint the town red. Well, pink. On her first excursion into the wild world of dating, she nets Bud, a tall, sexy, good-looking lumberjack. She won him fair and square, her prize for not dying. But after a weekend of wild sex, she discovers he's not what she thinks he is.

Undercover police officer Lie
Trade Paperback, 244 pages
Published December 10th 2004 by Ellora's Cave (first published February 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Run

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
105th out of 1,913 books — 2,228 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
179th out of 1,288 books — 1,722 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Another great read!

This is the second book in Lisa Marie Rice’s Midnight series and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first. A major reason for that is because the abrupt happily ever after ending I complained about in book one, Midnight Man, was followed up in this book and it was a pleasure to revisit John Huntington and Suzanne Barron.

Another thing I really enjoyed about this book was the way in which the storyline was written. It overlapped with the same plot in book one, so while in Midnigh
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Jan 24, 2013 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: KindleRomance Reviews
I am fast becoming a LMR fan!! Midnight Run is a fabulous addition to the Midnight series. Lt. Tyler "Bud" Morrison is another yummy intense, aggressive ALPHA!! These Midnight Men know what they want and they get it!!!

Claire is a 25 yr old virgin who is determined to live a normal life after being ill for most of her childhood and adult life....enter Bud. Bud comes to her aid at a club, takes her home, and BAM!! Instant and intense fireworks, she wants him and he wants her...frequently!! Gotta s
Ingela
Another hot and funny suspense romance in the sexy L.M. Rice - Midnight series.

4,5 Steamy Stars to this, by love, surprised alpha male and his newly awakened sweetheart.

Again, I knew after just a few pages that this was going to be as fun to read as the first book Midnight Man in the series. Reading a Midnight-book by Lisa Marie Rice will give you a fast read, a lot of laugh and giggle, a light hearted love-story and some suspense.

... And of course always a smoking hot, rock-hard (yes, both to
Dina
Feb 13, 2009 Dina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: MelissaB
This is only my 2nd book by LMR and it´s safe to say, it´s not going to be my last. :)

I really liked Bud, the hero in this book, but I had some problems with Claire, the heroine. I just couldn´t buy her reason for breaking up with him. Her life was in danger, he did everything he could to protect her life, and she was less than thankfull!?! Okay, he´d been acting in an overbearing way before, but did she have to choose the only time he was right to put a stop to it? Anyway, she made up for it in
Gina
This was a pretty quick read as well, the sex scenes were hot. I felt like i got to know the characters better in this book, despite the short length of it. I liked Bud, he was definitely a caveman, but I found his loss at what to say and do sometimes funny and endearing. And i understood how Claire felt, being sick for so long and people treating her like a china doll. She had enough and wasn't going to take anymore, although she could of just said so. It's wasn't like Bud was going to burst in ...more
Fani
Ruth
Oh wow! I loved this one so much!

I was expecting the hot sex, was happily rewarded, but was really surprised by the great characters. The heroine, in particular, has got to be one of my favorites. She's spent so much of her life ill, that no one really knows her at all, nor has she been able to do anything she wants to do. The hero is a wonderful, hot homicide detective stud, with an amazing libido. What more can you say?

Actually, there is more to say, because this has a great plot, great settin
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
This story was a great escape from reality. It was hard hitting and real at times and fun and flirty at others. Rice’s intimate and visual descriptions keep you deeply entrenched in the story. And the story itself was extremely well put together. By flipping from hot and racy scenes to suspense to relationship problems Rice keeps you on your toes and I loved every second of it.

The female lead in this tale was absolutely priceless. The male was an over the top alpha that you’ve just got to love.
Shannon C.
I just finished the first two books in this erotic romantic suspense series: Midnight Man & Midnight Run. I thought it was interesting how the author arcs the story across the books. The H/h in book 1 are friends w/the H/h in book 2. As you'd expect with Ellorah's Cave, there are a lot of steamy scenes but these actually had a pretty good story too. However I felt both books ended abruptly.

If you are looking for more romantic suspense books, here are others I enjoyed. Top favs are marked wi
Awilk -never sleeps-
This was like reading two books in one.

The first half was an extended sex scene. Bud was a man with a huge sex drive, and meeting Claire at a night club ended up changing his world. She was the perfect woman, and every instinct Bud has was screaming MINE very quickly. Not knowing Claire's background, or who she was, made no difference. Bud was having her, and that was that.

They went home together, and spent the weekend behaving like rabbits in heat.

The second half of the story was a great suspen
Kathrynn
May 01, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romatntica-Suspense Fans
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
I enjoyed this romantica-suspense. It was fast paced, very steamy, and wonderfully romantic (sigh) with two neat characters. A very easy book to read and hard to put down. I ordered the rest by this author. ;-)
Tina
I can't help myself. I have a soft spot for Lisa Marie Rice and her Over Alpha heroes. I don't even mind her drippy heroines too much.

By rights, when I do a clearly objective inventory of stuff that I enjoy or works for me in a book, every single thing about this book should be in the 'No' column. I mean if you told me that this book features a plot where H/h meet in a bar, the heroine (who is a virgin) takes the guy home and they begin having Super Sexy Sex all weekend, are in love and engaged
Elaine
I'll skip the synopsis details, plenty here already.

Short review:

I really enjoyed this book, but the h (Claire) kinda got on my nerves, because she could have easily resolved her issue with H (Bud) just by TALKING to him about what was bothering her. Even with little to no relationship experience as an adult, I would expect her to be able to say something!

I love how the author has this sequel running at the same time as book 1, just from a different perspective. Very creative, and she pulled it
Monique
This book was very promising when I first started reading it and I was really enjoying it.

And then after a weekend of the couple meeting, fucking and talking only a little bit, all of sudden they are exchanging I love you's and proposing marriage. I mean, are you fucking kidding me with this shit?

And then it shows the couple from the last book, who have been together for 15 days and they are already married. OH HELL NO!

This book just irritated me. I'm so disappointed. I almost didn't finish r
Maria
HOT!!!!

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

That was hot!! After reading the first book of this series, I wanted to keep reading. So it was a surprise for me that the second story was about a couple that we’ve read in the first book about.

This is the story of Bud Morrison and Claire Parks. He is a detective and she’s a young woman who wants to feel free. They meet in a place that both of them dislike and soon they realize that they are meant for eac
Holly
Lieutenant Tyler "Bud" Morrison is scoping out a seedy club when he sets eyes on Claire. She looks like a princess and she's completely out of her element in the wild danceclub. When she's abandoned by her friend and accosted by leering male revelers, he swoops in and plays the gallant knight to her fair damsel and takes her home. Expecting to give her a handshake and a nice-knowing-ya on her doorstep, he's stunned to hear her invite him inside......for coffee.

Claire Parks is free of the leukem
Jane Stewart
Tough cop meets delicate princess. A little too much pondering, not enough action and events.

STORY BRIEF:
Bud is a homicide police lieutenant. Claire is a single child from a wealthy family. For years she battled leukemia but survived. She was kidnapped for ransom but was rescued. She has been sheltered and living under armed guards for some years. She recently moved into her own little house, got a new job and wants to start experiencing life. She goes to a nightclub with a coworker and meets Bu
TRAMA: Claire Parks, dopo lunghi anni di malattia, è finalmente guarita e sente di avere una missione: vivere alla grande e sperimentare tutto ciò che fino a questo momento si è persa. Per esempio, abbracciare il lato spericolato della vita e fare sesso sfrenato. Alla sua prima uscita incontra il supersexy Bud e decide che dovrà averlo nel suo letto. Tyler “Bud” Morrison, un ufficiale di polizia sotto copertura, è immediatamente attratto da una donna così bella e affascinante, e così fuori posto ...more
Manuela
Straight Shootin' Book Reviews
HO LEEEE CRAP. The first 1/2 of this book was hot, bangin', ALPHA sex. Goodness gracious, Bud! I thought John in Midnight Man was a hot piece...wow i was wrong. I liked Claire- the girl knew what she wanted and didn't shy away from it and kept going after it! Good for her.
Kellie G.
3.5-4 stars
The romance felt a tiny bit rushed, but I really liked the characters. The sex was smoking and Bud was a great alpha hottie.
Stephanie
Seemed a little rushed and it felt like huge parts of the story were missing. Might have been a five star read otherwise.
Maldivianbookreviewer
- This is a score sheet review.

- For the full review with the scores, please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

Stopping after reading just one Lisa Marie Rice book is an impossibility for me. Midnight is a series that I have read completely out of order and because of that very reason I am able to say that Midnight Run sort of reads like a mix of the 3 books in the series put together.

Bud is a cop, working undercover at a dance club in Portland known as The Warehouse when he set
Paula
I just loved these three books. This one "Midnight Run" was about Tyler "Bud" Morrison. Bud is an Undercover Homicide Police Lieutenant in his late 30s. He was in the Special Ops Navy Seals with John "Midnight Man" Huntington. The Hero of the first book. Bud is waiting in a rough dance club to receive information that never shows up when he sees "A Princess". He can't imagine what a nice girl like her is doing....you get the drift.
Well it's her first time to a club because she is just starting h
Anna
This book has one of the best beginnings ever.

Claire has lived more than half of her life in hospitals, and now, at 25, has just begun to live. She wants to lose her virginity so she goes to a club with a friend, but the club is full of creepy people until she meets Bud. What happens between them is one of the best nights ever, both nice and hot. Claire’s first time doubts and Bud’s disagreements between his brain and his c*ck got me chuckling several times.

The second part of the book entails
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the second in the Midnight series by Lisa Marie Rice. It actually starts before Midnight Man. Tyler "Bud" Morrison, who we met in book one, is an undercover police officer and while undercover, sees and is attracted to a beautiful woman in a rough night club. Clearly she does not belong and ends up needing rescuing before the night is over. Claire Parks may very well be the "princess" Bud thinks she looks like. Born to a life of plenty but Claire has had a rough life in and out of hospit ...more
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
ANOTHER GREAT ONE!!!

Fast paced and suspensful with ooodles and ooooooodles of sexy sheet burning headboard thumping, washing machine banging steam.. I dont smoke but I just about needed a cig when I finshed this one. DAYUM! The story was sweet and they fell in love super quick.. like.. wayyyyyy super quick. Like, only in books /movies quick. But hey, thats what books are for, IMAGINATION! And this book left me with plenty to imagine. LOVED IT!
Stevie
Actually, this was pretty good. It was exactly what it was supposed to be, a book from Ellorna's Cave. That said it was better than the first in the series and Bud was exceptionally hot. The story was surprisingly interesting and the steam was high in the squirm factor. I would like to continue the series but tracking down these in print form is a bit difficult. Should they ever come in digital, I will pick up where I left off for sure.
Kayla
I stopped reading at page 194. The negligible plot kept dragging on and on. There was little literary content as the vast majority of the book was made up of sex scenes. I got tired of it. It annoyed me that once Bud found out about Claire's past illness he suddenly started treating her differently. I was also miffed that they got engaged so quickly. They spent a weekend together and suddenly they are sole mates. Don't think so.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
3.5-4.0 stars
I didn't like this book as much as the first book in the series.
I felt bad for all Claire had gone through in her life and admired her take charge attitude.
The ending was just too rushed and since there wasn't suspense earlier in the book I guess the author felt she had to throw some in the last few pages of the book. There needed to be more build up there.
Looking forward to the next story.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine the Audible edition 2 10 Nov 04, 2013 08:02AM
  • Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends #2)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Pursuit
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • The Best Man
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Against the Wall
  • Wild Encounter
  • Jackson Rule
Lisa Marie Rice is eternally 30 years old and will never age. She is tall and willowy and beautiful. Men drop at her feet like ripe pears. She has won every major book prize in the world. She is a black belt with advanced degrees in archaeology, nuclear physics, and Tibetan literature. She is a concert pianist. Did I mention her Nobel Prize? Of course, Lisa Marie Rice is a virtual woman and exists ...more
More about Lisa Marie Rice...

Midnight (5 books)
  • Midnight Man (Midnight, #1)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Midnight Vengeance (Midnight, #4)
  • Midnight Promises (Midnight, #5)
Midnight Man (Midnight, #1) Into the Crossfire (Protectors, #1) Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1) Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3) Nightfire (Protectors, #3)

“With any other man, Claire would have been a little afraid, his expression was so fierce and dangerous-looking. She wasn’t frightened. This was Bud. He would never hurt her. “Why are you asking?”
Bud shifted his hips, pushing forward, moving even more deeply into her. “I want you to be comfortable,” he whispered, “because this is the position you’re going to be in for a long, long while.” His gaze held hers. “I’m going to f#ck you all night.”
3 likes
“The rest of what she wanted to say was lost in his mouth. A red mist rose in his head. Fast as lightning, he picked her up, stripped her, pulled off his sweatshirt, pushed his sweat pants down—he deliberately hadn’t put on underwear, either—and embedded his c#ck in her. Just shoved it in because he’d die if he didn’t have his c#ck in her now.” 2 likes