Sarah's Song

Sarah's Song (The Red Gloves #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  1,225 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Every year Sarah Lindeman celebrates Christmas the same way, placing one special ornament on her tiny tree on each of the twelve days of Christmas. It is her time to remember where she came from, who she is today, and how long ago a song gave her another chance at love.
But this year the ritual is different. This year a desperate young woman is listening, a nurse who cares...more
Published July 31st 2007 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2004)

Lorna
Heartwarming story about an elderly women telling her secret to true love to one of her caregivers before she dies. The story is told over the 12 days of Christmas each with day with a special ornament for the Christmas tree.
Liz Ann
Truly spiritual and it is five-star worthy. I recommend it. Listening on audio book gave it even more clarity and intensity, excellent reader.

Every year on December 13th Sarah started her Twelve-Days-of-Christmas Ornament story. Each ornament had a word and a story and after the twelfth day she remembered the secret to love. God was going to bless Beth but only with Sarah’s story and only if Sarah told Beth the story. God’s gift of true love and redemption is truly a blessing.

Listen to it carefu...more
Mj
I decided to read The Red Glove Series by Karen Kingsbury this holiday season. It is one of the few series where the order in which you read each book doesn’t matter. Lucky for me, since the first book in the series is still on hold for me at my library. Sarah’s Song is the third book in the series and by pure happenstance it was the third of the series that I read.

Sarah’s Song is a heart warming and touching story about the regrets, special love and life experiences that an older woman shares...more
Nancy
Sarah is an elderly lady, who is dying of congestive heart failure. Every year she gets out 12 envelopes, with an ornament in each one, for the 12 days of Christmas. She asks God to let her live to tell her story one more time, to help one more person. Sarah has one song to teach Beth, a nurse at the nursing home where she lives. She sees in Beth's eyes, the same look, that had been in her eyes, when she had rebelled, and left her home town, to try to make a music career in Nashville. Beth had t...more
Smilinhere
The first page of this book was "Sarah's Song" written in italics ... I tried to start it 3 times, and couldn't read it (why? no idea) ... but I LOVE Karen (Kingsbury)'s books and so I skipped the song and started in the story. (I'm glad I did!)

Tears flew at the end of this book. Sarah (a woman die-ing with heart disease) has a 'story' she shares for the 12 days before Christmas with a care-giver which has changed Sarah's life & will change the life of the care-giver (& hopefully me - an...more
Sarah Fox
Through Sarah's song a miracle occurs and love is found again. Sarah Lindeman has a ritual she does during the 12 days of Christmas. Beth needs a miracle.
Tasha enderby
I have been drawn to older people since I've moved back to the states from Germany. I have spent some time volunteering and I've loved it. This tale is about an older women Sarah who has the desire to share her story and the secret of love but is dieing. She is living in a care facility and comes across a young care giver who is going through a divorce, her faith is lost and faces a lonely Christmas. Sarah shares her song and the story of her life and the lessons she learned about love along the...more
Kristine
Sarah was an old woman living out her final days in a nursing home. Her beloved husband had died many years prior and she still missed him terribly. From her bedroom window she could see the bench where he had asked her to marry him.
Every Christmas, she pulled out ornaments representing the story of Sarah's relationship with her husband, using the 12 days prior to Christmas to relive the story year after year. The book centers around the last Christmas of Sarah's life and her prayer to share her...more
Denise
A woman at the end of life helps another woman in need see the true gifts in life. It's easy to fall into a "it could be better" train of thought and miss what we have right in front of us. With several trips down memory lane related to 12 days of Christmas, 12 ornaments and 12 meaningful words tied to life events a span of life lived full, with happiness, hope, saddness, disapointment and rekindeled love and love of life this book leaves you wanting to talk with the older people in your life an...more
Mary Baas
As a nurse with a specific interest in geriatrics and love of the elderly, I really related to this story. It was a beautiful, short story that was an easy, enjoyable read.
Belinda
3.5 stars.
Sweet story.
Denise
A very uplifting, inspirational story that can be enjoyed any time of the year, not just Christmas. This is a story within a story, of an elderly woman who reflects back on her life and the most influential time of her eighty-six years. It also involves the story of a young nursing home caregiver with marital problems. I loved the way Karen Kingsbury brought these elements together in a very loving, inspirational way.
Julie Aman
It was a pretty good story. Kind of sad though.
Jen
Another short, sweet story that is perfect to read at Christmastime. There are lots of simple truths woven throughout the story. As with the first two books in the series, it leans a little to the corny side, but it is still worth reading. Recommended for those who enjoy Christian fiction.
Kim Holdiman
Love Karen Kingsbury! Everything she writes touches my heart. There's always love and family issues that need resolution. God is always the center of that resolution. She has a way of sharing scripture that brings it to a new light for me. I just plain feel good when I read her books. They are an easy read...a curl up in your favorite chair and just enjoy!
Rachel Brand
This was a sweet, quick read and perfect for Christmas time. The story was very predictable and there was nothing terribly special about the writing, but if you're looking for an easy read to cheer you up and help you relax during the Christmas season then I'd recommend "Sarah's Song." 6/10
Teri
Loved this series. Read all four this Christmas and they all were wonderful. This particular book was so sweet as an older woman shares her personal story to help a struggling young woman. She does it in the form of the 12 days of Christmas with ornaments.
Linda
A short book reminiscent of Sparks' "The Notebook" except with a Christian message. A love story that triumphs over poor choices and time lost; hopeful because not only does it tell a completed story but leads to a life in process. Very enjoyable.
Sarah is an eighty-something gramma living in a nursing home. She has a special love story that she tells at Christmas time each year, and this year she's looking for just the perfect person to share her story with.
Linda Hart
An elderly woman in a nursing home shares her story with her young nurse who is about to make a bad choice regarding her unhappy marriage.
very touching. 1or 2 hour quick uplifting read;Christian Fiction.
Alice
3 and a half stars. Another red glove Christmas story from Kingsbury. Maybe I've read enough of these sweet stories now since I didn't enjoy this one as much even though it was about a sweet old lady.
Becca
A wonderful love story with a Christmas miracle for a couple that has forgotton how to love each other and a woman who desperately wants to pass along her love story/song from 1941. Beautiful story telling.
Sophia Dorfman

I love this story of an old women whose message brings about a miracle. Even a Christmas miracle. It is Wonderful love story being told by an older person who wants to share a Christmas miracle.
Elaine B.
While reading this, I couldn't decide which character I identified with more. I have a bit of both of them in me. This book proved the idea of mentorship in a congregation is a great idea for all ladies.
Sharon Fuller
Fantastic book! I started it and finished it in a matter of hours. I couldn't put it down. I hope one day it is made into a movie, so more people will be able to hear the message that it holds.

Jessica
This was a quick read book with a lot of wisdom and a great story that will tug at the heartstrings. I really enjoyed it and would like the read the rest of the books in the series.
Carol Hahn
This is the third story in the Christmas red gloves series. This love story is told from the perspective of an older woman reminiscing about her husband. Another Christmas miracle unfolds.
Tracey
Sarah's Song as an endeering story as was Gideon's Gift but I felt it did not have the depth that the other story had. It was a little more predictable. Still a good light hearted read.
Vicki
I enjoyed this short novel about an older lady and how her love/life story helped a younger lady. It would be fun to read at Christmas time since it's a Christmas story.
Lisa
I love Karen Kingsbury and this is no exception to her wonderful story telling. You'll sit and read this in just an hour or two but it is so worth it.
  • Covenant Child: A Story of Promises Kept
  • Silent Star
  • The Shoe Box: A Christmas Story
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • The Note
  • Jessie (Big Sky Dreams, #3)
  • The Marriage Wish
  • The Memory Book
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • Sisterchicks Say Ooh La La! (Sisterchicks, #5)
  • The Redemption of Sarah Cain
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)