Start by marking “A Charlie Brown Christmas (Snow Blocks)” as Want to Read:
A Charlie Brown Christmas (Snow Blocks)

A Charlie Brown Christmas (Peanuts Holiday TV Specials)

4.5  ·  Rating Details ·  11,410 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Charlie Brown is dejected by all the "greedy buying and selling that had become Christmas" but is unable to pull together his friends for a peaceful and successful performance of their holiday play. His efforts to bring just the right Christmas tree to the stage leave him even more dejected when the one tiny tree he finds falls to the ground with the weight of a single orn ...more
Board Book, 32 pages
Published October 25th 2007 by Barnes & Noble (first published 1965)

Charlie brown
Apr 16, 2009 Charlie brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i really like this book well because it is about me. HAHAHAHAHA lolololol.

-Charlie Brown- plez reply
Trish
Dec 31, 2015 Trish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful little book about the real meaning of Christmas in a cute little book, perfect as a gift. Who could not love The Peanuts?!
Ash Wednesday
"You were supposed to get a good tree. Can't you even tell a good tree from a poor tree?" Lucy asked.

"You're hopeless, Charlie Brown!" added Peppermint Patty.

Lucy may be mean but at least she's original (though a tree elitist). Peppermint Patty is such a lemming. Ugh, girls can be so self-righteously mean. If Charlie Brown wants a smelly old sock for a Christmas Tree he can very well have a smelly old sock for a Christmas Tree. It may be about materialism or consumerism on Christmas, but its
Caroline Gurgel
Livro infantil mais que fofo...
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS IS FREE FOR KINDLE!!!

There really is a Santa Claus! Or is it a Kindle Claus? Doesn't matter, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add another OMG!!! I haven't been this excited in I don't know how long! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
Tam
Jul 19, 2014 Tam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Connie
I've always liked Charlie Brown, so I was happy to read this book. The story talks about the commercialization of Christmas. All the kids talk about what they wish for, while Charlie Brown is feeling despondent because he is searching for a deeper meaning. The kids put on a play in which Linus recites the true meaning of Christmas. It is a good story, but unless you have 20/20 vision, you won't be able to read this book in kindle format. The pages couldn't be enlarged enough to not make it a str ...more
Christopher Obert
Jan 26, 2009 Christopher Obert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: pre-2008
“Glory to God and the highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill toward men... That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown” probably some of the most important words ever written in a Children’s book or spoken on a Christmas TV special. This miniature set contains a storybook, Linus’ blanket, a red ornament and that sad, lonely tree; making this a truly wonderful holiday gift.

I was given this set as a gift from my wife and my daughter. I knew right then and there that they loved me and as a fa
Amanda
Dec 20, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story. I got the free kindle version. But the letters are very hard to read and for some reasons, you can't enlarge them. I couldn't read it on my kindle because of that, but I read it on my cloud reader from kindle. I was able to see the letters a little better. The pictures make up for this though, they are very beautiful. Would recommend it but not on the kindle.
Una Tiers
The kindle version did not allow for the letter size to be increased, making the verse unreadable. The pictures were nice, but really!
Rivkah.
Jul 29, 2011 Rivkah. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of my most favorite Christmas stories ever! Delivered in true Charlie Brown fashion and plainly states the true meaning of Christmas.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A beloved classic. I looked forward to the animated movie on the television every year. Awesome to get it free and enjoy it in print.
Kristen Wampner
Dec 23, 2013 Kristen Wampner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic
Miss Meghan's Class
A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorite holiday movies and has been since I was really young. My father used to watch it with my sister and I more than once each year, I watched it with my nieces when they were little, and I still watch it by myself. When I found this one day on Amazon, I had to pick it up. It is exactly what happens in the movie, but in book form. And I'm not the only one who loves it - the kids ask for it too :)
Jiyun K.
I remember this book. Once I was in a play about this story. I was Violet!
Robert
This book tells the story of the Peanuts' Christmas. We all know that wonderful Christmas special that is one of the hallmarks of the Christmas season. Unfortunately, the text here seems to trivialize the story. It's a hollow form of the awesome episode we all know. On a positive note, however, the graphics that accompany this are top-notch! I suspect the images are Schultz's work and the text is someone else's.

This book is inscribed by my students from 2009-10. Denise arranged this very nice gi
khrome
Jan 19, 2009 khrome rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I got the mini book and tree version of this book as a stocking stuffer. The kit comes with Charlie's little tree made of plastic with a balsa wood stand, two plastic red ornaments, and Linus' blanket to use as a tree skirt. The tree ends up being about 2 - 3 inches tall. The tree only branches out on one plane giving it a flat look and doesn't stand up too well in the wood stand. You definitely don't want to jostle it around. A cute stocking stuffer but not for little kids because of choking ha ...more
Demi Burns
Dec 04, 2015 Demi Burns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A Charlie Brown Christmas: Christmas time is here and Charlie knows that he should be in a happy, cheerful mood, but he was not. Charlie also knew that commercialism was the main problem here. With Snoopy entering a decorating contest with a crash prize and Charlie's little sister, Sally, is busy writing Santa letters. Unfortunately, Charlie doesn't know what to do about this. When Lucy suggest to Charlie that he be the director of the Christmas play, he takes it upon himself to do so, and in ho ...more
Cindi
Dec 20, 2008 Cindi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess the book came before the movie, but I had never read the book before, though I saw the movie every year as a kid. Funny story. I had our books for the evening all stacked up in the order I thought I wanted to read them. My son sneaked over while I was reading and rearranged them so that this book was next in line. Such a nice Christmas message! Boo on commercialism at Christmastime!
SA
Dec 25, 2011 SA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This was actually the version of the pop-up book that's an iPad app. Man, it was just great--adorable and with a whole helping of nostalgia and clever tech bits. It really put me in mind of the Peanuts Christmas special, complete with Guaraldi soundtrack. Aside from the frequency with which it crashed, it really showcased how to make classic books interesting and novel for the iDevice generation.
Filia Martin
I like A Charlie Brown Christmas (well, the special anyway), so when I saw that this book was free, I had to get it. I figured it'd be something I could read every Christmas. While I guess I can, it'd be very hard to due to the size of the text. I remember having a hard time getting through a short book because of the text.
The art was fine here (the illustrations did resemble Peanuts), but some changes annoyed me. For one thing, they put Peppermint Patty in Patty and Violet's role, if I remember
Samantha
Apr 14, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoildays
This cardboard copy of Charlie Brown's Christmas is colorfully illustrated. Charlie Brown has a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but with the help of his friends, he manages to enjoy the holiday. I like Charlie Brown book and movies because of their complex vocabulary. They are great for young kids but are also a little grown up.
Rachel Ramirez
Every now and then a person wants to read a book that makes them feel light-hearted. This happens to me after reading a heavy themed novel. The Peanuts Christmas book and television special are a classic that elevate my spirits. I love The Peanut characters, the drawing style, and the message and always will.
Yvensong
Dec 27, 2013 Yvensong marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I can't even consider giving this Kindle Edition any kind of rating as the print was so small it was unreadable. The publisher(?) gave no option for font style. :(
Kathy Worrell  ツ
Charlie Brown gets 5 stars!
Steven Peterson
A nice Charles Schulz Christmas present. It's not the standard 4 panels (or more for the Sunday papers), which I prefer for presentation. But it is a touching story, ending with Charlie Brown saying: "A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL [Caps in original:]."
Joy Gerbode
Dec 31, 2011 Joy Gerbode rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best children's Christmas classic ... focusing on the true meaning of Christmas, the baby in the manger! Linus' recitation of Luke 2 has got to be the best ever ... except of course my husband, who reads it for us every Christmas morning!
Sara B
Charlie Brown is in search of the true meaning of Christmas. Charlie Brown directs a Christmas play and ends up feeling once again as though he can not do anything right only to discover he really did pick the perfect Christmas tree.
Finn Pennekamp
Feb 16, 2012 Finn Pennekamp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only is this a great book, but my copy has SOUND EFFECTS. It's amazing! I got a great story, with good music and character voices and I was totally mesmerized the entire time.

I love Charlie Brown and I love this book!
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Crippled Lamb
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
  • Olivia Helps with Christmas
  • Santa's Toy Shop (a Big Little Golden Book)
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Christmas Oranges
  • Frosty the Snow Man
  • Olive, the Other Reindeer
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Eloise at Christmastime
  • Clifford's Christmas
209672
Charles Monroe Schulz was an American cartoonist, whose comic strip Peanuts proved one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium, and is still widely reprinted on a daily basis.

Schulz's first regular cartoons, Li'l Folks, were published from 1947 to 1950 by the St. Paul Pioneer Press; he first used the name Charlie Brown for a character there, although he applied the name in
More about Charles M. Schulz...

Peanuts Holiday TV Specials (4 books)
  • It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown