A Charlie Brown Christmas (Snow Blocks)

A Charlie Brown Christmas (Peanuts Holiday TV Specials)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  8,034 ratings  ·  133 reviews
Charlie Brown is dejected by all the "greedy buying and selling that had become Christmas" but is unable to pull together his friends for a peaceful and successful performance of their holiday play. His efforts to bring just the right Christmas tree to the stage leave him even more dejected when the one tiny tree he finds falls to the ground with the weight of a single orn...more
Board Book, 32 pages
Published October 25th 2007 by Barnes & Noble (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about A Charlie Brown Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Charlie Brown Christmas

Charlie brown
i really like this book well because it is about me. HAHAHAHAHA lolololol.

-Charlie Brown- plez reply
Ash Wednesday
"You were supposed to get a good tree. Can't you even tell a good tree from a poor tree?" Lucy asked.

"You're hopeless, Charlie Brown!" added Peppermint Patty.

Lucy may be mean but at least she's original (though a tree elitist). Peppermint Patty is such a lemming. Ugh, girls can be so self-righteously mean. If Charlie Brown wants a smelly old sock for a Christmas Tree he can very well have a smelly old sock for a Christmas Tree. It may be about materialism or consumerism on Christmas, but its...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS IS FREE FOR KINDLE!!!

There really is a Santa Claus! Or is it a Kindle Claus? Doesn't matter, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add another OMG!!! I haven't been this excited in I don't know how long! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
Amanda
Great story. I got the free kindle version. But the letters are very hard to read and for some reasons, you can't enlarge them. I couldn't read it on my kindle because of that, but I read it on my cloud reader from kindle. I was able to see the letters a little better. The pictures make up for this though, they are very beautiful. Would recommend it but not on the kindle.
Una Tiers
The kindle version did not allow for the letter size to be increased, making the verse unreadable. The pictures were nice, but really!
Pamela(AllHoney)
A beloved classic. I looked forward to the animated movie on the television every year. Awesome to get it free and enjoy it in print.
Tam
Connie
I've always liked Charlie Brown, so I was happy to read this book. The story talks about the commercialization of Christmas. All the kids talk about what they wish for, while Charlie Brown is feeling despondent because he is searching for a deeper meaning. The kids put on a play in which Linus recites the true meaning of Christmas. It is a good story, but unless you have 20/20 vision, you won't be able to read this book in kindle format. The pages couldn't be enlarged enough to not make it a str...more
Christopher Obert
Jan 26, 2009 Christopher Obert rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: read-2008
“Glory to God and the highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill toward men... That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown” probably some of the most important words ever written in a Children’s book or spoken on a Christmas TV special. This miniature set contains a storybook, Linus’ blanket, a red ornament and that sad, lonely tree; making this a truly wonderful holiday gift.

I was given this set as a gift from my wife and my daughter. I knew right then and there that they loved me and as a fa...more
Robert
This book tells the story of the Peanuts' Christmas. We all know that wonderful Christmas special that is one of the hallmarks of the Christmas season. Unfortunately, the text here seems to trivialize the story. It's a hollow form of the awesome episode we all know. On a positive note, however, the graphics that accompany this are top-notch! I suspect the images are Schultz's work and the text is someone else's.

This book is inscribed by my students from 2009-10. Denise arranged this very nice gi...more
khrome
I got the mini book and tree version of this book as a stocking stuffer. The kit comes with Charlie's little tree made of plastic with a balsa wood stand, two plastic red ornaments, and Linus' blanket to use as a tree skirt. The tree ends up being about 2 - 3 inches tall. The tree only branches out on one plane giving it a flat look and doesn't stand up too well in the wood stand. You definitely don't want to jostle it around. A cute stocking stuffer but not for little kids because of choking ha...more
Cindi
I guess the book came before the movie, but I had never read the book before, though I saw the movie every year as a kid. Funny story. I had our books for the evening all stacked up in the order I thought I wanted to read them. My son sneaked over while I was reading and rearranged them so that this book was next in line. Such a nice Christmas message! Boo on commercialism at Christmastime!
SA
This was actually the version of the pop-up book that's an iPad app. Man, it was just great--adorable and with a whole helping of nostalgia and clever tech bits. It really put me in mind of the Peanuts Christmas special, complete with Guaraldi soundtrack. Aside from the frequency with which it crashed, it really showcased how to make classic books interesting and novel for the iDevice generation.
Filia Martin
I like A Charlie Brown Christmas (well, the special anyway), so when I saw that this book was free, I had to get it. I figured it'd be something I could read every Christmas. While I guess I can, it'd be very hard to due to the size of the text. I remember having a hard time getting through a short book because of the text.
The art was fine here (the illustrations did resemble Peanuts), but some changes annoyed me. For one thing, they put Peppermint Patty in Patty and Violet's role, if I remember...more
Samantha
This cardboard copy of Charlie Brown's Christmas is colorfully illustrated. Charlie Brown has a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but with the help of his friends, he manages to enjoy the holiday. I like Charlie Brown book and movies because of their complex vocabulary. They are great for young kids but are also a little grown up.
Yvensong
Dec 27, 2013 Yvensong marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I can't even consider giving this Kindle Edition any kind of rating as the print was so small it was unreadable. The publisher(?) gave no option for font style. :(
Steven Peterson
A nice Charles Schulz Christmas present. It's not the standard 4 panels (or more for the Sunday papers), which I prefer for presentation. But it is a touching story, ending with Charlie Brown saying: "A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL [Caps in original:]."
Joy Gerbode
The best children's Christmas classic ... focusing on the true meaning of Christmas, the baby in the manger! Linus' recitation of Luke 2 has got to be the best ever ... except of course my husband, who reads it for us every Christmas morning!
Sara B
Charlie Brown is in search of the true meaning of Christmas. Charlie Brown directs a Christmas play and ends up feeling once again as though he can not do anything right only to discover he really did pick the perfect Christmas tree.
Finn Pennekamp
Not only is this a great book, but my copy has SOUND EFFECTS. It's amazing! I got a great story, with good music and character voices and I was totally mesmerized the entire time.

I love Charlie Brown and I love this book!
P.M. Bradshaw
A very good picture book take on the classic TV Christmas special. Reading it aloud to your children &/or significant others can be a wonderful Christmas tradition!
Amanda
A total classic. I am a HUGE Peanuts fan, and this is the ultimate book in his collection. This strip will, no doubt, be read for generations to come.
Rivkah.
Probably one of my most favorite Christmas stories ever! Delivered in true Charlie Brown fashion and plainly states the true meaning of Christmas.
Mustang
I thought it was a great book.I actually grew up watching the charlie brown movies with my family,so I wanted to read the books and i loved it.
This is a really cute story. I love this book and it is a classic. If you are in a private school it could be fun to read.
Kelly
the book is great...but it's so much better to see the kids dancing and to hear Linus' soliloquy on the television!
Darlene
I have always related to Charlie Brown. He is wishy-washy in a debate as he is able to see both sides of the argument and then because of that both side are mean to him. The good side of being that way is that you can pick and chose and grow with your opinion. In the end, he always wins. Heck, the cartoons are headed with his name. That cute little wooden tree wins, too. Of course, for this former tree-book-lover turned Kindle-e-book-lover. tree-hugger, my choice of tree would have been the live...more
Howell
"That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown"

A lesson we all could use to remember
Meredith
A concise board book retelling of A Charlie Brown Christmas TV special.
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus: The Classic Edition
  • Frosty the Snow Man
  • The Littlest Angel
  • Snowmen at Christmas
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Froggy's Best Christmas
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Clifford's Christmas
  • The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • Santa's Favorite Story
  • Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book)
  • Olive, the Other Reindeer
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Olivia Helps with Christmas
  • The Legend of the Candy Cane
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
209672
Charles Monroe Schulz was an American cartoonist, whose comic strip Peanuts proved one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium, and is still widely reprinted on a daily basis.

Schulz's first regular cartoons, Li'l Folks, were published from 1947 to 1950 by the St. Paul Pioneer Press; he first used the name Charlie Brown for a character there, although he applied the name in...more
More about Charles M. Schulz...
The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 1: 1950-1952 The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 2: 1953-1954 The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 3: 1955-1956 The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 4: 1957-1958 It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

“A beep on the nose is a sign of great affection” 64 likes