Start by marking “I'm Thankful Each Day” as Want to Read:
I'm Thankful Each Day

P.K. Hallinan

I'm Thankful Each Day

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
This title is intended for ages 4-8. Hallinan combines a child's delight in the physical world and his thankfulness to God for the pleasure of each day - for summer days, autumn's orange pumpkin haze, for the breezes, for peace, and for life itself.
Paperback
Published by Ideals Publications (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Thankful Each Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Thankful Each Day

Katelyn Krigbaum
In the story I'm Thankful Each Day, it tells the story of a child who is grateful not just for the major things in his life for small things as well. For example it talks about how he is thankful for the breezes and things like that. Also the illustrations are bright as if to reflect the bright happy feelings the child feels and they are also child- like which make children able to relate to it better. This is a great book for children to read to know that there are many things to be grateful fo ...more
Brenna Call
Sep 03, 2010 Brenna Call rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorite children's picture books. the illustrations are charming a child-like and remind me a little bit of the charlie brown comic stips. The candence of the text which is in rhyming verse form is soothing and familiar. I love the simple message for children that there are many small things in our every day lifes that we can and should be thankful for. It's a great little picture book for Thanksgiving time or all through the year.
Shanna Gonzalez
Oct 21, 2011 Shanna Gonzalez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-00-04
This rhyming, rhythmic board book describes a pleasant litany of things to be thankful for, reveling in the joys of everyday life. The speaker expresses a warm trust toward a loving God, although some families may be disappointed to find no mention of Jesus or the Cross. Still, this is an appealing, well-written book, appealing to a wide variety of Christian denominations, that will help cultivate gratitude in its preschool audience.
Felicia
Dec 04, 2015 Felicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seasons
this would be a great book to read in November nearing Thanksgiving. The boy list everything that he is thankful for and reasons why.
Callie Risse
The obvious time to read this book would be Thanksgiving, as it is about a boy who is listing what he is thankful for. However, I would read this book later in the year to show students that you can be thankful every day, not just at Thanksgiving.
Kevin Evans
Sep 28, 2011 Kevin Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This would be great to introduce a lesson to see what all of the kids are thankful for. I would incorporate this into a journal assignment for each day of class to have them create their own im thankful each day book.
Justine
Oct 01, 2015 Justine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i used the bilingual version of this book (English/Spanish) as a teaching tool with my student, so she could read aloud to her children. we both think it's a beautiful book :)
Pam
Jan 19, 2008 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this is totally a kid's book, but my kids love it! We will read it over and over, and they still want more. It's got a great message, too, which is a bonus!
Teri
Apr 26, 2011 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the text! and the pictures are very cute. I need to read this book everyday. Good reminder of all of our blessings.
Brittany White
Another nice book to read in Sunday School. Cheers to stories celebrating blessings in life!
Lillie Rayburn
Jul 19, 2008 Lillie Rayburn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite part: The last page, when the boy jumps up and yells, "I"m thankful each day!"
Oscar
Dec 28, 2011 Oscar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm thankful for this book and it's wonder, positive message about gratitude.
Mary Berelson
Mary Berelson is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2016
Angela Peters
Angela Peters marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Marcy Dinkfelt
Marcy Dinkfelt rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Pam
Pam added it
Nov 30, 2015
Hannah
Hannah added it
Nov 16, 2015
Francis
Francis marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Rikki
Rikki rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Michele Reed
Michele Reed rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Rochelle Tincher
Rochelle Tincher rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Liz
Liz added it
Feb 10, 2016
Keshia
Keshia rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Noah Edwards
Noah Edwards marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Roman
Roman marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
P.K. Hallinan is the author and illustrator of more than 80 children's books, with over 7,500,000 copies sold worldwide. P.K. first began writing and illustrating 35 years ago when his wife asked him to create a picture book as a Christmas gift for their two young sons.
More about P.K. Hallinan...