Start by marking “I'm Thankful Each Day” as Want to Read:
I'm Thankful Each Day

P.K. Hallinan

I'm Thankful Each Day

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This title is intended for ages 4-8. Hallinan combines a child's delight in the physical world and his thankfulness to God for the pleasure of each day - for summer days, autumn's orange pumpkin haze, for the breezes, for peace, and for life itself.
Paperback
Published by Ideals Publications (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Thankful Each Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Thankful Each Day

Katelyn Krigbaum
In the story I'm Thankful Each Day, it tells the story of a child who is grateful not just for the major things in his life for small things as well. For example it talks about how he is thankful for the breezes and things like that. Also the illustrations are bright as if to reflect the bright happy feelings the child feels and they are also child- like which make children able to relate to it better. This is a great book for children to read to know that there are many things to be grateful fo ...more
Brenna Call
This is one of my all time favorite children's picture books. the illustrations are charming a child-like and remind me a little bit of the charlie brown comic stips. The candence of the text which is in rhyming verse form is soothing and familiar. I love the simple message for children that there are many small things in our every day lifes that we can and should be thankful for. It's a great little picture book for Thanksgiving time or all through the year.
Shanna Gonzalez
This rhyming, rhythmic board book describes a pleasant litany of things to be thankful for, reveling in the joys of everyday life. The speaker expresses a warm trust toward a loving God, although some families may be disappointed to find no mention of Jesus or the Cross. Still, this is an appealing, well-written book, appealing to a wide variety of Christian denominations, that will help cultivate gratitude in its preschool audience.
Callie Risse
The obvious time to read this book would be Thanksgiving, as it is about a boy who is listing what he is thankful for. However, I would read this book later in the year to show students that you can be thankful every day, not just at Thanksgiving.
Kevin Evans
This would be great to introduce a lesson to see what all of the kids are thankful for. I would incorporate this into a journal assignment for each day of class to have them create their own im thankful each day book.
Pam
Ok, this is totally a kid's book, but my kids love it! We will read it over and over, and they still want more. It's got a great message, too, which is a bonus!
Teri
Love the text! and the pictures are very cute. I need to read this book everyday. Good reminder of all of our blessings.
Brittany White
Another nice book to read in Sunday School. Cheers to stories celebrating blessings in life!
Lillie Rayburn
Favorite part: The last page, when the boy jumps up and yells, "I"m thankful each day!"
Oscar
I'm thankful for this book and it's wonder, positive message about gratitude.
Luke
Luke added it
Nov 16, 2014
Marie Okamoto
Marie Okamoto marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
C
C marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Andrea Rollins
Andrea Rollins marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Jordan
Jordan added it
Oct 07, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
P.K. Hallinan is the author and illustrator of more than 80 children's books, with over 7,500,000 copies sold worldwide. P.K. first began writing and illustrating 35 years ago when his wife asked him to create a picture book as a Christmas gift for their two young sons.
More about P.K. Hallinan...
How Do I Love You? My Mommy and I Thank You, God That's What a Friend is Thanksgiving at Our House