Jesus: The Cold Case

Jesus: The Cold Case

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The author of this book is a documentary-maker, an author, and a crime investigator. He decided to take his skills and apply them to "what has to be the ultimate cold case - the death of Jesus of Nazareth."
Published 2010

Kathleen Dixon
Any evangelical reading this will have a fit, and conservatives quite possibly likewise, but what a well-written and thoroughly researched book. I do so enjoy a book that entertains by its style.

Wikipedia lists some 30 documentaries made by the author of this book, and links to the NZ Film Archive, so his credentials there are well established. This book is written as an investigation, and the chapter headings take us through the order of this. Here are some examples:
The deceased's background
Con...more
Jo Bryant
I loved this book right from the first sentence. Bryan Bruce examines many aspects of the death of Jesus. From whether or not we can believe the gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John to researching historical documentation on some of the people said to be around at the time. He looks at the customs, the people, the area and comes to a conclusion that was not really so startling at all if you are really open to the fact that maybe the Bible was written as a PR spin for Christians.
Barry Rogers
Barry Rogers marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Alex
Alex added it
Jul 26, 2012
Robert Coup
Robert Coup marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Msa
Msa added it
Feb 17, 2011
A Taste of History: The Stories Behind Our Favourite Foods Hard Cases Child Abuse: Proven Tips and Techniques on How to Protect Your Kids, A Handbook for Parents