Start by marking “Curious George Visits the Library” as Want to Read:
Curious George Visits the Library

Curious George Visits the Library (Curious George New Adventures)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  10,090 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
George is lucky to arrive at the library just in time for story hour. But it's not easy for a little monkey to sit still too long. From selecting books to getting his very own library card, George's day at the library makes reading fun.
Published August 25th 2003 by Houghton Mifflin (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Visits the Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Visits the Library

Skylar Burris
Jul 19, 2008 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
It reminds me of trips to the library with my little monkey...although my daughter wondered what those old fashioned due date "stamp" things were...
Jason
Oct 15, 2013 Jason rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. I liked it better when he went to the intensive care unit. But it's okay, for a sequel.
Debbie Reiber

Curious George Visits the Library by Margaret and H.A. Rey is a picture book. The age group this book is intended for is nursery to primary. The book describes an impatient and curious monkey, who just wants to hear a book about dinosaurs, at story time. Once he’s waited long enough, he take the dinosaur book and browses the library for more books.
I liked this book, but I chose to borrow it from the library as an ebook. I don’t have a kindle or nook, so I downloaded a program to my PC. The writi
Maryanne
:). Two of my favorite things - monkeys (Curious George) and libraries.
kaitlyn
Oct 02, 2012 kaitlyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-library
The kindergartners and first graders enjoyed this story, even if I didn't appreciate that George faces no consequences. The Man and the librarian never explain to him how he should have acted differently. One class pointed out how he shouldn't have taken the book or ridden the cart down the ramp, but the other classes didn't, and I think those things should have been discussed in the book.
Heather
Jul 15, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Topic: Picture storybooks
Theme: curiosity, library, books,
My thoughts: After checking this book out so many times and the library for my son who is a huge Curious George fan we finally bought our own copy. I highly recommend this book about a monkey who gets in trouble, but with the help of his friends they work together to clean up the mess.

Activity: Plan a trip to the local library where the students can get their very own “real” library card. A library card can help a child gain a better unde
Nathaniel Hardman
On the back cover, there's a maze (Help George find his way to the librarian or something like that). I showed this to my 3-year-old daughter, and it started a one-week whirlwind love affair with mazes.
Karen
Jul 08, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"This is George. He is a good little monkey and always very curious." I love it when books that are in a children's series all start the same. I helps students with predictability. The rest of the story is pretty predictable also if you have read any other curious George books. I don't think any other animal goes on more adventures than curious George. This time, George goes to the library. He notices all of the people looking at book and reading. Then he finds children's story hour. At first, G ...more
Jennifer Rayment
Nov 28, 2011 Jennifer Rayment rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Mom's Review: Obviously you know why I picked this one out for Jake when he was little. I read it to him at least once a week and he enjoyed it -- as well as the rest of the Curious George stories. It seemed to work as he really enjoyed going to the library -- so far hasn't worked for Jesse, he still doesn't like the library. It's a cute little story, but a wee bit dated. As well the patrons of the library and the library staff are a little too stereotypical for this modern library worker. One o ...more
Darsi
Dec 03, 2013 Darsi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: infm-208
Curious George Visits the Library is a picture book written by Margret Rey and illustrated in the style of H.A. Rey by Martha Weston. In this book, everyone's favourite mischievous monkey goes on an adventure to the library for story hour. But patience is hard for such an energetic creature, and in the wait for the librarian to get around to reading the book he wants, George decides to take the book so that his friend, the man in the yellow hat, can read it to him. Adventure ensues as George t ...more
Kyrie Mendonca
Jun 22, 2015 Kyrie Mendonca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents and Early Childhood Educators
This story is a great way for teachers and parents to teach children about following rules for the library. This story will encourage children to be excited about visiting the library and reading books! This story makes children aware of following the library rules and having their own library card. A learning extension for this story could be how should children treat their library books. I love all the Curious George books and this book is one of my favorites!!
Leslie
"This is George. He is a good little monkey and is always very curious." So begins this fun story about Curious George's first trip to the library.

My students love Curious George and they were delighted this week when I brought in my husband's Curious George stuffed animal from when he was a boy. This would be a great story to review library expectations and book care with my younger students, or to talk about getting your very own public library card.
Jane
In Curious George Visits the Library he shows he love of reading by wanting to take a cart full of books home but in the end George and the man with yellow hat take a few books home. Then it shows Curious George reading with the man with the yellow hat. This is an excellent way to show young children that books are fun and reading is enjoyable to establish a love for reading at a young age.
Jenn Swanson
Jun 15, 2016 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quickie, fiction, children
If I was a curious little monkey at the library I probably would have done exactly what George did. However, I think if I was a monkey in the library Animal Control would probably get called on me. Anyway, my daughter enjoyed this book and was excited that George liked the same kind of books that she did. Would recommend.
Lexi
May 07, 2015 Lexi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: curious-george
I think this is a great story for students because it encourages them to go to the library and find a book they want to and will enjoy reading. We need books like this for our students so they know that reading can be fun.
Yesi
Sep 23, 2014 Yesi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Curious George books! This monkey is very curious and gets in trouble. This books is good for children in kindergarten or first grade. In his little adventure he teaches children about how fun it is to go to the library.
Sharon
Feb 19, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this title as part of a Rey compilation and enjoyed re-reading it as a highlighted title from DPL to introduce libraries to children. George is such a role model to have is own library card! If only our branch allowed cart rides - ha!
Patty
Apr 30, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Garren
Jan 09, 2016 Garren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A nice way to introduce libraries to kids, besides the more obvious route of taking them to one. However, I don't recommend stealing books and playing on powerlines.
Alexandria
Danielle Baker
Nov 20, 2013 Danielle Baker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals
Review:

George is always getting into some kind of mischief. This story covers what to expect in the library. I would definitely read this story to prepare children for a field trip to the library. This is a great story to introduce what a library is and how to behave in the library. Discuss why we have to be so quiet int he library. Also this story lets children know that there is more to a library then just checking out books, there is also story time.

Learning Experience:

I would take the child
Anidos
Jan 07, 2016 Anidos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it when a book shows children that books are rad and library is awesome, just like this one. Three bookish stars!
Daniel Fevrin
Jan 06, 2016 Daniel Fevrin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book and easy story to tell. My son enjoyed it, especially when George made a mess of the books.
Leah Vermillion
I grew up reading Curious George and the books are very good. I love how it teaches kids important lessons.
Heather Dunbar
Curious George is a classic, kids love animals and making mischief so he’s usually a good attention grabber. The only thing I don’t really like about this book is the almost sudden ending. He takes a book, a cart, more books, causes mayhem, and then BOOM it’s over. Another thing I don’t really like about Curious George is he never really apologizes for all of the things he does wrong. I realize he is a monkey, but they could have added something like he squawked apologetically or something. Othe ...more
Heather
Mar 30, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Two of my favorite things, Curious George and the library!
Katie
Perfect book for a first library session with Pre-K and K!
Rosa Cline
Jun 15, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, library
Curious George gets to go to the libarary for the first time. He sits in on story time but looses patience when she's not reading the book he wants to listen to which then he gets into stuff making a mess in the library but as all his books he helps make things right in the end. With help of the other kids and volunteers he cleans his mess up and gets to get a library card of his own. A great way of introducing a community library to your youngsters. Showing them what they should and shouldn't d ...more
Sa Schmidt
Aug 26, 2016 Sa Schmidt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my son when he was little.
Brenda Cregor
Get that chimp on a leash, already!
  • Curious George Rides a Bike
  • The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
  • Pinocchio (a Little Golden Book: Classic)
  • The Magic School Bus Makes a Rainbow: A Book About Color
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Franklin Is Bossy
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium