Start by marking “Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans)

Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans #39)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  2,304 ratings  ·  127 reviews
Tall, lean and headstrong, FBI agent Kilraven lives by his own rules. And one of those rules includes keeping his hands off Jacobsville’s resident sweetheart, Winnie Sinclair, no matter the temptation. Shy and innocent, Winnie couldn’t handle a man like him – a merciless man with a haunted past. And this small town may hold not only the woman he fights to resist, but the a ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2010)

Karen
willaful
Dialog template for this book:

character 1: "I will mention seeing some other character from a past Jacobsville story."

character 2: "I will mention some dull and irrelevant fact about that character."

character 1: "I will add some dull, irrelevant and very probably incorrect trivia on some random topic. We will both laugh. Then we will talk about Xbox games."

character 2: "I will mention some character who will someday be featured in a future Jacobsville story."

character 1: "I will mention his or h
jenjn79
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Broken record time: this is a prototypical Diana Palmer book. The same thing I say about all her other books holds true here. All her writing staples are here.

Series:
It's hard to say you should read this series in order because there are about a billion LTT/Jacobsville books, but this one does have direct tie-ins to some of her most recent books. The plot in this one started several books ago. But I think you can understand this one without having read the others.

Summary:
Federal a
Shelley
Truly one of the most god-awful books I've ever read. Even Phil Gigante couldn't save it.

H is a wannabe alpha who constantly blows hot and cold with oh-so-innocent h who panders to H by wearing her hair the way H likes it, by acting quiet and ladylike, the way H likes it, and by laying down like a freaking rug each and every time H tells her to, all before they even meet or hook up.

Add to that, the most convoluted and harebrained plot (I suspect this may have been a continuation from earlier bo
SheLove2Read
I initially wanted to read this because the heroine has my occupation: 911 dispatcher. As it turns out, that was about the only thing I found interesting in this story. On the positive side, DP did not try to glamorize the profession: she told it like it is. With a few small discrepancies, she could have been talking about my own dispatch center. I also like the fact that she gave kudo's to emergency personnel in her intro. Its a job I love but that only seems to receive negative recognition.

Th
Lynsey A
Wow, so where do I start with this one?

So many issues with this one. Lots of ping pong conversation. I need to re-read an older DP. I don't recall the writing as so back and forth as her more recent books.

The hero, Kilraven, is some CIA guy. Not a very good one since he can't see the obvious. The reader is told time and again how much Winnie looks like her mother. Her father punished her for it and she hated that she looked like her mother. Yet, Kilraven has worked with her for months on the c
Patti TheLoveJunkee
I hadn't read anything by Diana Palmer before I got this book, but I'd heard good things about her books and the blurb looked good so I was looking forward to reading this. This book is part of her Long, Tall Texans series.

Winnie Siclair is the heroine, a 911 dispatcher who pines for FBI agent McKuen Kilraven. Kilraven is tall, dark, and glowering. We learn he had a family who were murdered and the case was never solved. Winnie has her own dark history - her mother left them when she was 10 and
Jenny
I'm a sucker for unrequited love, pregnancy and a MOC story so I loved this book. My heart broke for Kilraven. His wife and 3 year old daughter were brutally murdered years ago and Kilraven wants revenge. Winnie who is a naive but very brave young girl helps him to find the murderer and they fall in love. But hero is haunted by his past and keeps pushing Winnie away. That is until he finds out she is pregnant...

I adored the romance between Kilraven and Winnie. They had amazing chemistry, they we
Margarks
Ann Keller
FBI agent, McKuen Kilraven, had lost a lot. His wife and young daughter were brutally murdered by a sadistic killer and Kilraven had yet to come to terms with their deaths. He tried not to feel, plunging himself into his dangerous work, sometimes taking extreme risks to insulate his heart from any distractions - and Winnie Sinclair was a tempting distraction indeed.

Lovely Winnie Sinclair had found a haven with the other 911 operators in Jacobsville. There, she could ignore her difficult past and
Nicolette
Let me preface by saying that I read this for book club.

The book jacket states that Diana Palmer has written over 100 books but I'm going to have to trust this is true, as I don't even care enough to wikipedia and find out. Last week, my dermatologist gave me a pamphlet called "Skin Cancer," which as it turns out, had more of a plot than "Dangerous." This is not to discount the writing skills of the American Academy of Dermatologists as much as I'm trying to get the point across that "Dangerous"
Melanie♥
I really wanted to like this one. Way too much time was spent on the murder mystery and even though I have read all the books in this long series, it was easy to get lost in the convoluted mystery/suspense element. I'd say about 30 percent of the book involved the romance between Kilraven and Winnie. What there was of their romance played as expected in a DP book and I enjoyed that part, but was left wanting more.
Debbie
This book was AWESOME!!!! Diana Palmer just keeps getting better and better with each book!!
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Ok. I'm still knee deep in my Diana Palmer library. This selection, however, came to me courtesy of LAPL's eMedia Library. FREE is good!

There were parts of this book that reminded me of earlier Diana Palmer's, and I wanted to toss my iPod against the wall. For instance,

* The heroine feels guilty for being angered at being USED by the hero

* The hero USES the heroine to avenge his dead daughter without ANY regard to her feelings which just so happened to included separating her from her virginal
Laura Summers
Duchess Nicole
DNF at about 65%

Let me tell you, I almost never DNF a book. As in, maybe once a year or so. But when I absolutely dreaded picking up my ipod to continue listening to this audiobook...uuuh, no. At some point my intense desire to finish had to stop.

First of all, *head smack* I downloaded the book from my library without checking the reading order first. Who in their right mind (other than the master, Nora Roberts) writes a continuing series that numbers in the thirties and forties? Unless I'm a di
Sparklybearsy
Rated 2 out of 5 stars

Disclaimer: Provided from Net Galley

Some of my most prized books in my vast collection are Diana Palmer stories, ever since i began reading romances she's been one of my favourite authors, she writes cowboys like no one else! Yes the girls are old fashioned compared to the heroines out there these days, and the men are a little chauvinistic, but they're also alpha, and strong, and family orientated and they love their women with a passion.

I was so excited to receive Dange
The UHQ Nasanta

I'd heard good things about Diana Palmer so I decided to check out a couple of her books from the library on a whim. This is the second book, and I am so glad I decided to check them out instead of purchasing them. Actually, I regretted checking them out because I found it tiresome to force myself to finish them, especially this one.

Some of the problems I encountered:

1) Outdated From the language of the book, I expected to see a publication date some time in the 1980s regardless of the
Brandi
I wonder why we contnue to read books where we already know the why's and wherefore's. Every time I read a Long, Tall Texan novel by Diana Palmer, I feel as if I've read the the book before. Palmer has a definite formula for her work: gruff, dangerous older man paired with a naive youg woman. He needs to protect her from himself and remains the aloof hero until the end. While the damsel in distress cries her heart out wondering what she done wrong and how she can get him to admit his love for he ...more
The mark of a good author is when you can read any book in his or her series alone and enjoy it on its own merits. Diana Palmer, in my opinion, is not a good author. This was a spontaneous library shelf grab for me, I had read one of her books a few months ago and wanted to try another. No where is it mentioned on/in the book that this is part of a series that is on book 30-something already. I felt like half the book was checking up on old characters or setting the stage for new ones. While I'm ...more
Vonnie Hughes
The one star is for research which unfortunately was shoved in here and there throughout the book. There were so many "As you know, Bobs" in this book it was hard to keep track of the story. Still not sure what the story was really about since the writer kept referring back to other books she'd written about some of the characters in Dangerous. It was liked a closed members' club.

But the really bad part was the editing. What editing? 'She' and 'he' were scattered here and there and the reader ha
Anita
Winnie has been in love with Kilraven since she meet him. Kilraven is still not over the loss of his little girl Melly and is out to find whoever killed her - no matter what/who gets in his way. He will use anyone - even Winnie - to find the truth. As the book progressed - Winnie was slowing starting to stand up for herself. She's been used to standing in the shadows of her brothers. She gets a shock of finding out that her mother isn't what she thought she was. As the family slowly gets to know ...more
Sketchy
I struggled to finish this book. DP novels like to tie in other characters from books which is nice - little peeks at characters you know and what they're doing after the books. This one though, tied in LOADS of characters, data dumps, and just... stuff. Like conversations between Kilraven and his brother. They'd go off on tangents about CIA/FBI comparisons and I'm just skimming wondering why I care about this content at all.

The book is predictable enough I felt like not finishing it, but at thi
Harriet
Dangerous is an adapt adjective for Kilraven. He is a man on a mission and will let no one stand in his way. He will use anyone who will help him solve a "very personal cold case."
Winnie Sinclair might be the link that will bust the case wide open. Just how far will Kilraven go to get his man and does Winnie have the fortitude to survive the danger that surrounds this case?

Ms. Palmer certainly delivers in this story. We witness the anguish of Kilraven, the seemingly unrequited love of Winnie and
Primadonna
Bisa jadi ini buku terakhir Ms. Palmer yang aku baca.

Buku-buku awalnya, meski polanya itu-itu saja (padukanlah cowok brengsek berpengalaman dengan perempuan suci dan polos) menurutku masih lumayan oke untuk dibaca. Tapi belakangan... kok... sepertinya seolah kejar tayang.

Dialog yang kaku. Terasa seolah mereka karakter yang diberi dialog oleh penulis, tidak alami. Aku sungguh heran kok para agen/polisi/petugas 911 bebas mendiskusikan kasus di tempat yang sepertinya mudah didengar/disadap orang la
Lucy Monroe
You always know what you're going to get when you read a Diana Palmer book. She's consistent and writes the ultra alpha hero stunningly.
daysgoby
Wow. Entirely stereo-typical. The hero has 'flashing silver eyes', fer crissakes. Holy Heavy Hand with the cliches, Batman!
Kaycee Sapinoso
READ: JULY 2012
RE-READ: DECEMBER 2014

After re-reading Lawless, I was planning to read Cash Story but I ended up re-reading Dangerous; Kilraven and Winnie's story.

It's a little hard for me to review the book without giving to much information about it. There's really a lot of things I wanted to say about it but I don't know where to start. This book continues the plot that started in the previous novels. In the Heart of Stone, we have glimpse of Kilraven and Winnie's first encounter and gave us a
Wendy Hines
Kilraven is an FBI agent working in a small town of Jacobsville. His wife and young daughter were brutally murdered years ago and Kilraven won't rest until the perpetrator is behind bars or dead. Kilraven knows that Winnie has feelings for him but he tries to keep his distance. He has no business messing with her, she's innocent, and he's a hard man.

Winnie Sinclair had a hard upbringing. Her mother left her and her siblings to run off with her uncle. Looking like her mom, her dad took out his gr
Ceej
I have enjoyed every time Palmer has taken me back to Jacobsville. This time i more than enjoyed it. I've always been intrigued by Kilraven and his brother Jon Blackhawk. I thought he would be like all the other Palmer heros after he made Winnie cry in Heart Of Stone. I must say the way she revealed him made me like his book even more.

Normally the heros are overbearing, insensitive crude jerks who you come to forgive their indiscretions by the end of the book. They redeem themselves in that gall
WEIRDEST THING I EVER READ... 5 33 Oct 28, 2014 11:12AM
  • An Outlaw's Christmas (McKettricks, #15)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • The Mackenzie Family (Mackenzie Family, #3-4)
  • Death Echo (St. Kilda Consulting, #5)
  • The Wedding in White
  • Run Among Thorns
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade