Start by marking “A Treasury of Curious George” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Curious George

A Treasury of Curious George

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  2,257 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Sunburst Learn About Life Sciences: Dinosaurs Single Edition
Published April 15th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Curious George, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Curious George

midnightfaerie
A wonderful collection of great Curious George stories. A solid level 2 reading level book, my 5 yr old has been reading this all on his own for a week. He'd read a chapter (a story) or two and then use some of his new bookmarkers I bought him to keep track of where he was. When he finally finished it, he was so proud of himself for finishing a chapter book all on his own! There are more of these, I recently saw a blue one at a used book store, but decided to wait until he finished this one to s ...more
Miri Mandel
I like the story called Curious George Goes to the Library, because I like going to the library because I like getting books to put them on Goodreads so I could get more books after I add all the books that are in my house, you have to have to have a lot of time to go on Goodreads, like on Sunday you have enough time to go on Goodreads.
This is my first time going on Goodreads and I'm excited.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
My two-year-old son Hugh's on-going love - nay, obsession - with "the George book" continues. This is the second book of collected stories I've added to his ever-expanding library (I have one more to give him, which I'm saving for our 21-hour-long plane ride as a surprise!), and he quickly embraced it with just as much love as he did Curious George: Stories to Share (the yellow one).

The stories in this volume are:
Curious George Takes a Train (2002)
Curious George Visits a Toy Store (2002)
Curious
Diane
I never read much Curious George as a kid, although I was definitely familiar with them. My son was introduced to him on PBS Kids. And when I saw this collection of stories, I thought it was important that he be exposed to the original media. This collection, however, is of stories published between 1999 and 2003 and they are not illustrated by the H. A. Rey. Nevertheless, these are delightful stories with rich vibrant illustrations which to my limited knowledge are indistinguishable from the or ...more
Karen
A George we can love!
Dianna
These stories are not the originals by the Reys, but they're true to the spirit of the originals if a bit formulaic (you notice that when you read all eight at once). My four-year-old son still loved them!

Contains the following stories:
Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
Curious George Visits the Library
Curious George in the Big City
Keegan
I can't love George myself. What a lie: "This is George. He was a good little monkey, but always very curious." He's a punko monkey who's destructive all the time. He runs away or people give him a break, so he never even has any consequences for being such a punk. And where is the man with the yellow hat all the time?! You get this monkey and just let him run wild in stores, train stations, and through the town. I'm pretty sure this monkey would have been taken out of his custody by this point. ...more
Brittany Perry
When I bought itmy son would not look at it but after his second birthday he relized he had a stuffed George monkey and these were stories about his monkey. he began to get the book and want me to read it to him. The stories are a bit longer than his favorite books but he usually got through one a day. I am proud to say it is now a beloved book on his shelf and he really enjoys it. The book includes Curious Geaorge takes a train, visits a toy store, and the dumptruck, and the Birthday surprise, ...more
Kristin
I love Curious George and this was a great way to work on my Spanish. It might be a reading level for 6 year olds but at least I can read it!
Leann
My son loves the animated Curious George show on PBS, so I remembered that he received this book for Christmas last year. I had put it away because he's 2 and I didn't want him ripping it to shreds. Last night I took it out of the top drawer and began reading. He was entranced and as soon as I finished the first story, insisted I "read 'nother one." So, I did. Then he cried to read a third. His eyes were so droopy that I refused to read anymore, but we will be reading more tonight. I'm so glad t ...more
Savannah
My 5 yr old D loves Curious George right now.

The stories in this volume are:
Curious George Takes a Train (2002)
Curious George Visits a Toy Store (2002)
Curious George and the Dump Truck (1999)
Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (2003)
Curious George Goes Camping (1999)
Curious George Goes to a Costume Party (2001)
Curious George Visits the Library (2003)
Curious George in the Big City (2001)
Megan
This is the George book we read the most. It has chapters. (Books). It is a big deal to pick out your story and find the right page in our house. These are more modern George stories than the originals, but the same lovable George and Man with Yellow Hat.
Gervy
I have enjoyed reading this to my 3 year-old daughter. The illustrations have a retro charm and the stories are entertaining for her. My understanding is that the stories in this collection are only based on books by HA & Margret Rey published during the 1940s-60s, which are apparently much superior; I will be keen to try and find the original stories.
Emerson
Emerson is really enjoying wildly flipping through this book to look for certain pictures. He likes the yellow dump truck in the story about George getting into trouble in central park with a dump truck ending up in the pond. He also looks for the fire engine in the story where George saves the day at Grand Central helping a little boy at the tracks.
Peggy
Nov 07, 2008 Peggy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3 year olds!
My three-year old has recently discovered Curious George and loves him.... or maybe 'identifies with him' is more accurate. Anyway, this book has several CG stories and my son picks out a couple at night for me to read before he goes to bed. He is ENGROSSED in these classic (and often politically incorrect) stories - it's funny. Big thumbs up!
Justin Guardiani
A great collection of Curious George Tales. For a parent it is amazing to see a child's face light up when George does certain things or when you finish the story and they ask you to read it again...and again.

If you are looking for way to introduce your child to reading - I could not thinking of a better way to start!
Missy
Oct 08, 2007 Missy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I read this book every day!!!! Multiple times a day. It is a wonderful book and will enrich your life. I realize that i read it at the request of my 2 year old daughter but it is one of her favorites and its such fun to hear her recite each story and learn from this funny little monkey. Give it a try.
Kathy
We love reading this book. It includes stories about things that are very important to my 2 and 4 year old boys, like libraries, toy stores, birthdays, and camping. The boys love it when the kitty George wants to play with turns out to be a skunk!
Ashley
I've started reading longer works to Alice after I put her to bed at night, and we just finished this collection. I love the length of the stories and the quality of the writing and that Alice will ask for Curious George now before bed.
Kristin
I love Curious George! We got this book as a present for our son's first Christmas and he seems totally captivated by the stories and little illustrations. We read it frequently and he's all smiles through the whole story.
Kat
Such a fun series of books! My son loves Curious George, and will actually sit still to listen to these books. The treasury is well worth picking up, as the number of stories in it makes the volume very cost-effective.
NumberLord
This is a collection of several of the "new" Curious George stories. They are as fun as the original stories by the Reys, but at 24 pages a piece, they seem to be a better fit for the attention span of most toddlers.
Heather
We read a story from this book every.single.night. So, I'm a little over them, but I still recognize that they're cute, have good messages, and have fun illustrations. Jack could not live without this book.
Adelina
Oct 11, 2008 Adelina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Recommended to Adelina by: Jackie
Shelves: childrens, own
I love Curious George. I remember reading them with my aunt growing up, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection to my daughter. She also loves George, and his friend with the yellow hat
Matthew S. Zielinski
One of the few books that Jacob picks from every night for us to read him a night time story. He loves the birthday, dump truck, and train stories. A nice story book for parents and children.
Quinn
[from mama] Wonderful anthology of both original and updated Curious George stories. Nice bedtime story length. Q particularly liked the Halloween story - as well the library one. :)
Skye
Read at least one story every week from this book to my boys at bedtime. They can recite it, "George was a good little monkey and always very curious." Just like my boys!
Shala Howell
My 2.5 yr old daughter got this for Christmas. She loves Curious George and I love the convenience of having 8 stories to pick from in one volume for storytime.
Jen Burns
These books are fantastic for the toddler set. There's enough repetition that they start to pick things up, and the stories are educational AND entertaining!
Talia
You can't go wrong with Curious George at bedtime! I love the "treasury" so we have a bunch of stories in one book. My girls love him!
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • Wheels on the Bus
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • First 100 Words
  • Happy Hippo, Angry Duck
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • My Very First Book of Colors
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
  • This Is New York
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite

“friend. Then he had an idea...” 0 likes