Start by marking “A Treasury of Curious George” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Curious George

A Treasury of Curious George

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  2,970 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Sunburst Learn About Life Sciences: Dinosaurs Single Edition
Published April 15th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Curious George, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Curious George

A wonderful collection of great Curious George stories. A solid level 2 reading level book, my 5 yr old has been reading this all on his own for a week. He'd read a chapter (a story) or two and then use some of his new bookmarkers I bought him to keep track of where he was. When he finally finished it, he was so proud of himself for finishing a chapter book all on his own! There are more of these, I recently saw a blue one at a used book store, but decided to wait until he finished this one to s ...more
Miri Mandel
I like the story called Curious George Goes to the Library, because I like going to the library because I like getting books to put them on Goodreads so I could get more books after I add all the books that are in my house, you have to have to have a lot of time to go on Goodreads, like on Sunday you have enough time to go on Goodreads.
This is my first time going on Goodreads and I'm excited.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
My two-year-old son Hugh's on-going love - nay, obsession - with "the George book" continues. This is the second book of collected stories I've added to his ever-expanding library (I have one more to give him, which I'm saving for our 21-hour-long plane ride as a surprise!), and he quickly embraced it with just as much love as he did Curious George: Stories to Share (the yellow one).

The stories in this volume are:
Curious George Takes a Train (2002)
Curious George Visits a Toy Store (2002)
Jon Borah
Jan 09, 2015 Jon Borah is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition

** Curious George has found a lasting place in the hearts of millions of boys and girls all over the world ever since he was brought to life by Margret and H.A. Rey more than sixty years ago. Here you will find eight timeless stories about George

Curious George Takes a Train Curious George Visits a Toy Store Curious George & the Dump Truck Curious George & the Birthday Surprise Curious George Goes Camping Curious George Goes to a Costume Party Curious George Visits the Library Curious G
I never read much Curious George as a kid, although I was definitely familiar with them. My son was introduced to him on PBS Kids. And when I saw this collection of stories, I thought it was important that he be exposed to the original media. This collection, however, is of stories published between 1999 and 2003 and they are not illustrated by the H. A. Rey. Nevertheless, these are delightful stories with rich vibrant illustrations which to my limited knowledge are indistinguishable from the or ...more
A George we can love!
I had a few of the original H.A. Rey Curious George books growing up. These are not quite as good but have made good bedtime stories for my girls.

Curious George and the Train

Curious George is waiting to take a train but gets into trouble when he "helps" with the time table but saves a little boy.

Curious George and the Toy Store

Curious George goes to the grand opening of a toy store and causes "monkey business."

Curious George and the Dump Truck

Curious George follows some ducks to the park and inv
These stories are not the originals by the Reys, but they're true to the spirit of the originals if a bit formulaic (you notice that when you read all eight at once). My four-year-old son still loved them!

Contains the following stories:
Curious George Goes Camping
Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
Curious George Visits the Library
Curious George in the Big City
I can't love George myself. What a lie: "This is George. He was a good little monkey, but always very curious." He's a punko monkey who's destructive all the time. He runs away or people give him a break, so he never even has any consequences for being such a punk. And where is the man with the yellow hat all the time?! You get this monkey and just let him run wild in stores, train stations, and through the town. I'm pretty sure this monkey would have been taken out of his custody by this point. ...more
My girls love hearing the stories in this book - sometimes all at once.

And now that my six-year-old is beginning to read on her own, we have fun reading this together...or taking turns, with her reading one story and me the next. My four-year-old even tries to get in on the "reading" herself, usually parroting what I read.

This is a great collection of stories the whole family can enjoy together. There's not a single reason I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Liane Marie
In this anthology of the new Curious George stories, George jumps into exploring life in a way only a curious monkey – or child – can. He makes a mess in the kitchen trying to frost a cake, rearranges the books in a library, accidentally operates a dump truck, and delights in riding for the first time the subway in New York City. It is a wonderful collection filled with fun and adventure.

The Hebrew version is called: אוצר הסיפורים של ג'ורג' הסקרן.
Brittany Perry
When I bought itmy son would not look at it but after his second birthday he relized he had a stuffed George monkey and these were stories about his monkey. he began to get the book and want me to read it to him. The stories are a bit longer than his favorite books but he usually got through one a day. I am proud to say it is now a beloved book on his shelf and he really enjoys it. The book includes Curious Geaorge takes a train, visits a toy store, and the dumptruck, and the Birthday surprise, ...more
I love Curious George and this was a great way to work on my Spanish. It might be a reading level for 6 year olds but at least I can read it!
My son loves the animated Curious George show on PBS, so I remembered that he received this book for Christmas last year. I had put it away because he's 2 and I didn't want him ripping it to shreds. Last night I took it out of the top drawer and began reading. He was entranced and as soon as I finished the first story, insisted I "read 'nother one." So, I did. Then he cried to read a third. His eyes were so droopy that I refused to read anymore, but we will be reading more tonight. I'm so glad t ...more
I am using this book to learn and practice spanish. I really think that it is great that it has a direct english translation. The stories are easy to read and the pictures are helpful as well.
Kathy Chung
got this for my son. he loves it.

the illustration was great and story is not to lengthy. just nice for his attention span.
My 5 yr old D loves Curious George right now.

The stories in this volume are:
Curious George Takes a Train (2002)
Curious George Visits a Toy Store (2002)
Curious George and the Dump Truck (1999)
Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (2003)
Curious George Goes Camping (1999)
Curious George Goes to a Costume Party (2001)
Curious George Visits the Library (2003)
Curious George in the Big City (2001)
Lisa C
These are great, simple stories. My son has been delighted by curious George for years.
This is the George book we read the most. It has chapters. (Books). It is a big deal to pick out your story and find the right page in our house. These are more modern George stories than the originals, but the same lovable George and Man with Yellow Hat.
I have enjoyed reading this to my 3 year-old daughter. The illustrations have a retro charm and the stories are entertaining for her. My understanding is that the stories in this collection are only based on books by HA & Margret Rey published during the 1940s-60s, which are apparently much superior; I will be keen to try and find the original stories.
Emerson is really enjoying wildly flipping through this book to look for certain pictures. He likes the yellow dump truck in the story about George getting into trouble in central park with a dump truck ending up in the pond. He also looks for the fire engine in the story where George saves the day at Grand Central helping a little boy at the tracks.
Nov 07, 2008 Peggy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3 year olds!
My three-year old has recently discovered Curious George and loves him.... or maybe 'identifies with him' is more accurate. Anyway, this book has several CG stories and my son picks out a couple at night for me to read before he goes to bed. He is ENGROSSED in these classic (and often politically incorrect) stories - it's funny. Big thumbs up!
Justin Guardiani
A great collection of Curious George Tales. For a parent it is amazing to see a child's face light up when George does certain things or when you finish the story and they ask you to read it again...and again.

If you are looking for way to introduce your child to reading - I could not thinking of a better way to start!
Oct 08, 2007 Missy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I read this book every day!!!! Multiple times a day. It is a wonderful book and will enrich your life. I realize that i read it at the request of my 2 year old daughter but it is one of her favorites and its such fun to hear her recite each story and learn from this funny little monkey. Give it a try.
We love reading this book. It includes stories about things that are very important to my 2 and 4 year old boys, like libraries, toy stores, birthdays, and camping. The boys love it when the kitty George wants to play with turns out to be a skunk!
I've started reading longer works to Alice after I put her to bed at night, and we just finished this collection. I love the length of the stories and the quality of the writing and that Alice will ask for Curious George now before bed.
Such a fun series of books! My son loves Curious George, and will actually sit still to listen to these books. The treasury is well worth picking up, as the number of stories in it makes the volume very cost-effective.
This is a collection of several of the "new" Curious George stories. They are as fun as the original stories by the Reys, but at 24 pages a piece, they seem to be a better fit for the attention span of most toddlers.
We read a story from this book every.single.night. So, I'm a little over them, but I still recognize that they're cute, have good messages, and have fun illustrations. Jack could not live without this book.
Oct 11, 2008 Adelina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Recommended to Adelina by: Jackie
Shelves: childrens, own
I love Curious George. I remember reading them with my aunt growing up, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection to my daughter. She also loves George, and his friend with the yellow hat
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • Wheels on the Bus
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Fifteen Animals!
  • Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf: With a Fully-Orchestrated and Narrated CD
  • First 100 Words
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition
  • 10 Little Rubber Ducks
  • I'm a Big Brother
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

“friend. Then he had an idea...” 1 likes