Start by marking “Just Right (The Bradfords, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Right (The Bradfords, #1)

Just Right (The Bradfords #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,724 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews

If only he wasn’t so good at being bad…

The Bradfords, Book 1

Dr. Ben Torres, better-than-a-Boy-Scout, surgeon extraordinaire, has been interested in ER nurse Jessica Bradford—and her bright red peek-a-boo thong—for a long time now. But punching a patient in the nose—and the subsequent suspension—is probably not the best way to get on her good side.

Or is it?

Jessica is

Published July 17th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Just Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Right

Michelle
3 Stars
Grrrrr! It started off really good. Cute, funny and I really loved Ben. Then it just went flat around half way through. I didn't like Jess. I skimmed to the end after 65%. Not sure if I want to move on with the series:(
Saly
I enjoyed this book quite a bit, was it perfect no and there were parts I found annoying as we were supposed to especially Jessica's insistence on making Ben perfect and wanting him to still be an ER surgeon when he quits and says he doesn't want to instead wants to be selfish for once in his life.

Jessica is an ER nurse and incredibly responsible who always does the right thing but that wasn't always the case, she grew up with a do-gooder father who gave away all the money they had except for es
Manda Collins
Aug 20, 2010 Manda Collins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of ER, Meg Benjamin, Medical Romance
Shelves: contemporary
Fun sexy contemporary from Erin Nicholas. The heroine, Jessica, has been walking the straight and narrow ever since her father died when she was twenty, leaving her to raise her younger brother and sister. She's an emergency room nurse and oozes responsibility, so she's the first one the hospital administration chooses to babysit hottie Dr. Ben Torres, who's just put the hospital at risk for a huge lawsuit by punching out a patient. Since Jess has been crushing on Ben for a while she's more than ...more
Jessica
It started off cute and light, then got strangely preachy. The heroine was interesting at first, then it started to get like she had a really really misspent youth, but... eh, the reveal didn't really seem so bad to me that she felt like she had to do penance for a whole decade. And the hero, who spent many of his younger years in Africa...

Okay, seriously? Africa is a big continent with a lot of stuff going on. So these hints about African masks, and helping farmers learn how to farm, and not ge
Emily
ER nurse Jessica Bradford is the epitome of a hard worker in control of everything she touches, although on the surface it appears that way, inside she is often lonely but her past mistakes continue to drive her to set a positive standard for others. Jessica does entertain one revolving fantasy though, that of Dr. Ben Torres, the man oozes sex appeal and bad boy status, and Jessica can’t seem to get him out of her mind.

Ben has had a crush on Jessica since he caught her bent over and a glimpse of
Kristen Kern
Mar 02, 2011 Kristen Kern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was the one that got me started on Erin Nicholas....I think she is a very talented writer....I've read all the Bradfords books to date, and they keep getting better.....definitely worth the time and money IMO. I'm also hoping there will be additions to the Bradfords series.:-)
Jane
Feb 09, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-ilove
Really enjoyed this book was nice little book to get lost in for a couple hours and as training to be a nurse totally related to some of it. Wish all paramedics where as hunky and the ones in this series. Really do recommend as a good read.
Earicka
Nov 07, 2014 Earicka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Done Saving People From Themselves?

This series must be read in order. This is the first book.

Jessica was a wild child. She did what she wanted when she wanted and how she wanted. Mostly to prove to her father that his ideals and his philosophies on life were wrong. He was all about sacrifice and service... Until he died. She felt it was all her fault and quickly changed her life around. She became an upstanding and responsible mother to her two siblings... She kept the rec center going... She is
Crystal Singer
Sep 16, 2014 Crystal Singer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone has a favorite “go to” author. The one that no matter what….you know you’ll love their book and smile while reading the whole time! Erin Nicholas is that author for me! No matter what she writes, I love! She never disappoints!! I read the Bradford series a long time ago, but decided to a re-read of each book so I could leave reviews!
Just Right is book one in the Bradford Series. It’s about oh so sexy doctor, Ben Torres and always in charge Jessica Bradford. When Ben gets fed up with me
Stella
Dec 09, 2010 Stella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Right is Book #1 in the Bradfords series which is about three siblings (Jessica, Sam and Sara). I first read Book #3 (Just My Type which is Sara's story) because I had no idea it was part of a series. I loved Erin Nicholas' writing and humour so much that I immediately bought Book #1 and #2 and I knew that I would be in for a treat. And I was not disappointed!

Just Right is Jessica's story: she is the eldest sibling, who was once a rebellious teenager but who stepped up and raised her broth
Stephanie
Aug 15, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012, reread
Just Right is just as fun the second time around. Jessica and Ben pulled me in just like before.

Opposites attract or opposite desires for the future attract in this book. Ben doesn't want to be a doctor anymore. Jessica can't wrap her mind around Ben not wanting to help people. Conflict abounds between them.

It’s easy to understand why Ben doesn’t want to be a doctor anymore as his past is revealed. Ben’s decision leads Jessica to wonder if the fantasy she created around Ben is better than the r
Tina
Feb 21, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Bradfords series and I cannot wait to read the rest. Erin has such a way of bringing her characters together that have you feeling like you’re right there with them. I did not want to put this book down until I was finished reading it.

Dr. Ben Torres is a surgeon at the same hospital where Jessica Bradford is an ER nurse and many people consider him a hero. He’s been interested in Jessica for a long time, but one night while working in the ER has his temper getting
Trish Edmisten
Feb 10, 2014 Trish Edmisten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great start to such a wonderful series. Erin Nicholas has a knack for creating characters that are believable and relatable yet somehow larger than life. When I started reading, I couldn't seem to stop.

My favorite moment has to be the bar scene where Jess first goes to rescue Ben. I don't want to say too much for those of you who haven't read it yet, but you'll know it when you get there.

If you like romance that's realistic then you're going to love this book. It will definitely
Kelly
Oct 25, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Erin Nicholas is a hidden gem. The Bradford family series surrounds the lives of a close-knit group of paramedics. Both her characters and her storylines are believable and well-developed. She's managed to create a world that I'd love to be a part of. I'm happy to have found this series. I've since read all of Erin's books and enjoyed them all. Erin is a relatively new author on the scene and is one I'll be watching out for.
Tisa
Feb 23, 2011 Tisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up because it was a freebie on my Kindle! Boy am I glad that I did. Erin Nicholas is a new author for me so I wasn't sure what to expect. I could not put this book down and before I was even finished reading this one I downloaded the next two! This book has just the right amount of romance, sex, laugh out loud funny and seriousness. This was a perfect read for a cold snowy day. Did a nice job warming me up!
Tamla Jones
Feb 21, 2014 Tamla Jones rated it it was amazing
Hot, Steamy, and Romantic

Ben and Jessica two people trying their best to be what other people want them to be. Ben discouraged by life wanting to be a bad boy with no responsibility Jessica a former bad girl all about responsibility when they connect watch out inferno. This book was very hot and steamy. Romance and humour was spread throughout I never wanted it to end
Jess
Feb 07, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's not much I enjoy more in my little book world than getting a freebie from Amazon and completely loving it! I'm the exact target Amazon's going for because as soon as I finished this book, I bought the next 2 in the series. I loved everything about this one - characters I fell hard for, great story, strong supporting cast that made me look forward to their books.

Great read!
Silvia
Aug 28, 2014 Silvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 sexy starr

well well, i found my new fave author...the story were refreshing, full of funny and hilarious moment but hot as hell he he he.. what i love was the hero alpha male mode he he he...

jessica was a sexy woman , completed with ben torres one hot alpha male doctor..their past bantered so hot and sexy as hell...

im looking forward read the next series
Shannon Ferguson
Fantastic start to the Bradfords series

I absolutely loved this story. Jessica is a bad girl turned good, after a tragic event as a young adult. Ben is a bit of a closet bad boy,who decides that maybe he's due for a career change after tragedy strikes while he's on duty at the hospital.

The chemistry between these two is sizzling. Ben is hot and sexy (and a bit stubborn) but an overall great guy. Jessica is a bit uptight at the beginning, but Ben loosens her up and brings out a bit of a wild side
Yvonne
May 17, 2011 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It presented so much more than chemistry and sexual tension. The questions brought up by the main characters are very easy to relate to in our daily lives. The situation was complex and each character's personality was superbly showcased.
Anne Leigh
Mar 16, 2013 Anne Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, medical
Anytime someone writes about nurses and doctors and does it accurately - it tickles me silly!!! I love Ben :) And I love Jessica. Their attraction to each other burns throughout the book and the hospital scenes were great!
Lisa Collins
Mar 15, 2013 Lisa Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy and hot. This is the first of three books following the family. I suggest getting all three and read them in order. Because just like potato chips one will just not do.
Shannon Rogers
Jul 05, 2013 Shannon Rogers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! Can't get enough read it in just a few hours! Found myself giggling throughout! Erin Nicholas has become one of my favorite authors with just one book!
Michelle Nageldinger
Mar 31, 2014 Michelle Nageldinger rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

wish I had found these in order but they are great either way! love the chemistry and emotion throughout. couldn't put it down
Hazel
Jan 01, 2011 Hazel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
She is an excellent author. The story was good and she did a fantastic job characterizing her main characters and their resulting personal dilemmas.
Kris
Jun 30, 2013 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For all Marie Force fans, this is a series for us! lOVED this book and can't wait to read about the rest of the Bradford's and their friends.
Elizabeth Hytrek
Love this author! Great couple with great chemistry, issues to work through (done is a believable, real manner), great HEA!
Claudia
Feb 17, 2012 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story, even though some of it was outside my comfort zone. I did enjoy the story about the two main character's.
Jami
Oct 10, 2013 Jami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't ask for a better sereis of books.
This sereies was awsome and I feel in love with each character.
Shannon
Dec 28, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Bradford series! Haw read everything Erin Nicholas has written and look forward to more!
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates, #1)
  • The Matchmakers
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Gemini Moon
  • Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1)
  • Immortal (Clare Point, #3)
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
Erin Nicholas is the author of sexy contemporary romances. Her stories have been described as toe-curling, enchanting, steamy and fun. She loves to write about reluctant heroes, imperfect heroines and happily ever afters. She lives in the Midwest with her husband who only wants to read the sex scenes in her books, her kids who will never read the sex scenes in her books, and family and friends who ...more
More about Erin Nicholas...

The Bradfords (6 books)
  • Just Like That (The Bradfords, #2)
  • Just My Type (The Bradfords, #3)
  • Just For Fun (The Bradfords, #4)
  • Just a Kiss (The Bradfords, #5)
  • Just What I Need (The Bradfords, #6)

“There’s a lot of stress and strife in this world. The people you surround yourself with intentionally, that you care about and share things with, shouldn’t be part of that stress.” 4 likes
“there was a reason for everything that happened and that all of those reasons were like threads that, over time, wove together into the pattern of a person’s life. Every thread was necessary for the final pattern to be complete.” 4 likes