Craft Hope: Handmade Crafts for a Cause

Craft Hope: Handmade Crafts for a Cause

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
It started with a pillowcase dress…and grew into a worldwide movement: crafters using their passion to help those in need. The Craft Hope blog-which organizes crafters to make handmade items for charities-has attracted followers around the world. This book, written by the site's founder and featuring crafting's hottest start, celebrates the cause and encourages others to j...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Lark Books

Shala Kerrigan
Out of all the craft books that we've gotten in the last year, this is one of my favorites and it is my daughter's favorite.

The theme of the book is crafting for charity, giving people hope with items made with love and care. Each project has a sidebar note about a charity it would be appropriate for, as well as a list of other charities including local groups that would appreciate the gift. Addresses and websites are included.

The projects themselves cover different skill levels and abilities, a...more
Chelsea
Sep 14, 2013 Chelsea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I love this book. I try to volunteer in my community as much as I can but can't always make a long term commitment. I love Craft Hope because it offers crafts I can make at home and send to charities around the globe. This book has been very inspiring.
Suzanne
This is a good book but most of the information in it I have seen in many different places on the internet. There are other charities that take all or most all of these items too that are not listed in the book.
Ashley

Absolutely loved this book and it has inspired me to start a group with my friends to make some of these together.
Skoo
Love many of the projects in this book, and what they stand for. I can't wait to make the baby kimono
Lizzy
Jul 09, 2010 Lizzy marked it as to-read
Shelves: gift-list
amelia
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jennifer Jackson
Jennifer Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Mary Worley
Mary Worley marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Joana Silva
Joana Silva marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Dr. Katharina Star
Dr. Katharina Star marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Stevie B
Stevie B marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013